It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Another past thread of note:

Here's a 2008 thread by MikeSingh which shows some very interesting formations from Mars satellite images. He, ArMap, and others do some great work on enhancing here, very nice color pics, and a really good artists rendition of the main object. It's a short two-page thread, probably well worth a look-see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

some interesting photos there Aleister, ill try to get a gif together with them all gathered here, will have to be later though , a bit busy atm

funBox

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

funbox

some interesting photos there Aleister, ill try to get a gif together with them all gathered here, will have to be later though , a bit busy atm

funBox

Busy? What could be more important? Are you trying to have a life or something? (/aleister breaks down in tears at his own not having a life, beats the ground, has a tantrum, and then wipes his eyes to nobly stand up and face the world again, oh look, cornflakes!)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Can anybody tell me if there are moving pictures from curiosity? If not why not?

Thx

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

zatara
Can anybody tell me if there are moving pictures from curiosity? If not why not?

Thx

If you mean video, the answer is Yes and No.

No as in: the rover does not make videos and sent them back to us.

Yes as in, the cameras can take a sequence of frames quickly and send those frames to us, which can then be put together here to make a video.

For exampe, the MastCam is able to take 10 frames per second. If you take those frames and put them together using a movie making software, you then have a "video"

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Where the house used to be:

P.S. -- This part of Mars is pretty boring.

edit on 25-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

them foundations must go deep , you reckon the builders bullt to withstand a severe climate ?

anyway , spoked things are afoot
might relieve the tedium for ten

sol 553

funBox

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

May the Spoke be with you.

That one looks like it's from the kind of rock that might hold a fossil when you split it open, and looks like part of the top has been broken off and there she sits (and there seems to be the undulating rim around the part we can see). Another one found pretty close to the camera. funbox, you have the eyes of an eagle. Or an owl, depending on time of day. Nice work.
edit on 25-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Was looking at these today sure beautiful.
www.geeksugar.com... edible-CloseUp-Photos-of-Mars-Will-T#opening-slide

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I downloaded a program call GIMP and it will not seem to save photos in a form acceptable on ATS or probably anywhere so I have a mess now! I so wanted to learn. Should have stuck with the online one you showed us!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Was looking at these today sure beautiful.
www.geeksugar.com... edible-CloseUp-Photos-of-Mars-Will-T#opening-slide

Those are very nice, and lots of colorful sand dunes to run on and slide down using cardboard boxes.

Char-Lee, look at that, you're seven stars away from 10,000!!! star light, star bright, first seven stars I see tonight....congrats!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

is slim pickings on jpl today , hell of a lot of thumbnails but no fingers so to speak, it looked odd so I thought ide drop it up

reply to post by Char-Lee

you almost had it ! , on the image you posted a few pages back

the little square with the anomaly, was that on a separate layer? and more importantly was this done with the online package programme? I'm not even sure if you said you did this picture in that online programme

funBox

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

funbox
them foundations must go deep , you reckon the builders bullt to withstand a severe climate ?

Built down low to be closer to the water when the creek started drying up.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

im seeing it now , lines in the water, clam diving off the jetty. btw , check your inbox (no subject) , you might be pleasantly surprised ;D

funBox

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It was done with the online one. I was never able to get the second layer, it just kept giving me blank layers with odd numbers that I kept deleting! When I select a tool BTW I have to start all over because I could find no way to DESELECT IT!! You MUST be laughing by now!!!

I will never be able to get it and I have always been able to get everything! My big flaw, every college professor thought I was a genius in their subject and should be whatever they were, (even the quantum physics one...he said I would go far and do great things!) and being good at everything with perfect grades I actually have done nothing!

So you see you are a true genius of photo manipulation!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

har-Lee, look at that, you're seven stars away from 10,000!!! star light, star bright, first seven stars I see tonight....congrats!

Wow I never noticed! i can't remember the last time I looked at the number...thanks star-ers!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

funbox

is slim pickings on jpl today , hell of a lot of thumbnails but no fingers so to speak, it looked odd so I thought ide drop it up

the little square with the anomaly, was that on a separate layer? and more importantly was this done with the online package programme? I'm not even sure if you said you did this picture in that online programme

funBox

You know that really does look like an Marisectum!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

ok , ill make a video , gifs have to much information left out

hmm sorry its a bit jerky

funBox
edit on 25-2-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 25-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Char-Lee

funbox

funBox

You know that really does look like an Marinsectum!

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join