It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Blue Shift
deleted
edit on 25-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

But I agree with you!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Blue Shift
P.S. -- This part of Mars is pretty boring.

Unless you like geology.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Char-Lee
I downloaded a program call GIMP and it will not seem to save photos in a form acceptable on ATS or probably anywhere so I have a mess now!

I have been using GIMP for a long time, this new version changed several things, and one of those was the saving of the images, now they use their own file type (that nobody else uses). To save an image in any standard format you have to export it, then just type the extension you want and it will save the image in that format.

If you have any questions about GIMP just ask.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

me too , er what ?

still slim pickings of late , even resorted to the satalite above. the tiff images are quite detailed.
spotted a few interesting features , the roundish rock illustrated looks like it might be a tunnel or hole

to tiff and smaller

funBox

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

ArMaP

Blue Shift
P.S. -- This part of Mars is pretty boring.

Unless you like geology.

Well, sure. If you like geology, everyplace you go is just a wonderful never ending Disneyland thrill ride of delights and marvels!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Char-Lee
But I agree with you!

It's true that kind of logic is unassailable.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

sailing on a sea of logic eh , ide bet there would be good fishing to be had, I wish I knew what you was on about , I was busy doing a video when you redacted your reply to me

funBox

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dark Side of Mars, man.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

good choice sir ... musical interlude?

funBox
edit on 26-2-2014 by funbox because: of pink wolves

edit on 26-2-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by funbox because: wolves atack youtube , tearing it apart pixel by binary pixel

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Meanwhile, in sol 540 ... an old 'hood' (or something similar) might have preserved its shape inspite of heavy martian erosion over the eons!

Source Images: 01 | 02

P.S.: Or is it just a ventifact ... ? If so, they obviously have a LOT of really bizzare ventifacts over at Gale Crater (and nobody's taking a closer look), hmmm!?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

jeep3r
reply to post by funbox

Meanwhile, in sol 540 ... an old 'hood' (or something similar) might have preserved its shape inspite of heavy martian erosion over the eons!

Source Images: 01 | 02

P.S.: Or is it just a ventifact ... ? If so, they obviously have a LOT of really bizzare ventifacts over at Gale Crater (and nobody's taking a closer look), hmmm!?

Well since most ventifacts look bizzare and also occur on Earth why bother

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

whatever it is , that's a great gif , it looks to me as if the ground is ouzing, time and time again ive witnessed this , well it must be a slow process but to me it looks like the grounds creeping up down and around the landscape , like its under some geological process/??

the layers we have all witnessed so many times, like waves crashing then drying into a mutilayered cake like cliffs, mars is made of playdoe

funBox
edit on 26-2-2014 by funbox because: spelling wolves

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

wmd_2008

Well since most ventifacts look bizzare and also occur on Earth why bother

Hmmm ... perhaps in order to make sure it's really just ventifacts, AFAIK that hasn't been done at all (remember HUGO? A great PDF on ventifacts was at hand, ready to be thrown at the public upon questioning whether HUGO could possibly be something else).

None of these and other formations haven been investigated, despite their intriguing 'look'. Oh well, yes, I know: it's all about 'science objectives', so we better leave such decisions to the experts!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by jeep3r

whatever it is , that's a great gif , it looks to me as if the ground is ouzing, time and time again ive witnessed this , well it must be a slow process but to me it looks like the grounds creeping up down and around the landscape , like its under some geological process/??

Hearing that from you is kind of a compliment, thanks ... as for the geological processes that could have formed such slabs & pieces, I have no idea. I suppose erosion COULD do it, to some extent.

But I'm still intrigued by the amount of shapes that seem to be symmetrical, with very pronounced & sometimes familiar shapes. Pareidolia & ventifact wonderland? I'm not yet convinced that that's what we're dealing with ...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

no worries , I thought the oddly shaped cow pat was going to take off and find a herd of cows to exsanguinate

like the newberrys and dewberry I guess , they appear to grow out of the ground, by gaseous forces / under extreme temperature inversions, or otherwise, ill see if I can dig some pics to better describe what I mean , will be later on though

funBox

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Well, sure. If you like geology, everyplace you go is just a wonderful never ending Disneyland thrill ride of delights and marvels!

Except large cities on flat areas, those are boring.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

ArMaP

And in airplanes.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Blue Shift

ArMaP

And in airplanes.

Except airplanes over mountain ranges. I didn't know how large the Rocky Mountain range in the U.S. was until I flew over it on the way to Las Vegas. Just going east to west it took 25 or so minutes in a commercial plane just to cross the Rocky Mountains (just imagine the size of that range going north to south).

edit:Blue Shift, it took me all this time to realize your avatar moves a little side to side. It's a gif, not a picture! Nice.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Whadda you lookin' at?

edit on 26-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Whadda you lookin' at?

edit on 26-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

opened the page, lol

As good as that Egyptian-headed pebble. From this angle the shadow behind him looks like his hairline, and a modern day spiky haircut.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join