It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

mrBlueshift , you finder of spoked fossils you , Mr Oberg has some interesting news that pertains to our current topic

FLASH: New Scientific Paper on POSSIBLE Fossils in Martian Meteorite

interesting

funBox

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So if we don't see any obvious signs of life right here, right away, there's probably nothing there and there never has been.

The photos in passing of a few spots not having any noticeable/understandable by us life would not at all lead me to believe that means there is no life there.

Try the Mojave and see how much life is in your passing shots.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Do you know if anyone discussed anywhere why this rock can be torn, ripped with fraying like burlap?
If so what was the explanation?

That "tear" is a little triangle-shaped rock sitting in front of the bigger rock.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Try to find an image for me where there isn't any.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee
Do you know if anyone discussed anywhere why this rock can be torn, ripped with fraying like burlap?
If so what was the explanation?

That "tear" is a little triangle-shaped rock sitting in front of the bigger rock.

The frayed look goes farther than that to the right under the rock. Enlarged to 400 I still see no rock in front.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Char-Lee
The frayed look goes farther than that to the right under the rock.

Just a ragged-looking shadow. Otherwise, what are you suggesting? That it's a fake rock placed on Mars made of burlap? I don't even know where to start with how difficult that would be to prove.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee

Try to find an image for me where there isn't any.

I am mystified by what you mean by that? Does this help?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Close. Except for the huge tree trunk. And I bet if you dig in the dirt you'll find all kinds of crawly and growing things. Not like Mars.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee
The frayed look goes farther than that to the right under the rock.

Just a ragged-looking shadow. Otherwise, what are you suggesting? That it's a fake rock placed on Mars made of burlap? I don't even know where to start with how difficult that would be to prove.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

What I am suggesting is that it may not be a rock with an odd square hole in it. It could be many things covered in old mud. Mars is a place where until we know otherwise many possibilities exist.

I certainly never said I could "prove" anything! I assumed we could, those interested discuss it. For all i know it is an old mold, which it does resemble ( I am a sculptor).

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Char-Lee

Close. Except for the huge tree trunk. And I bet if you dig in the dirt you'll find all kinds of crawly and growing things. Not like Mars.

I can show you many without the tree trunk but how bout you just think of it as a rock for now.

Ah heck anything for a friend.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

to me it looks like something has used the rock as a place to vomit

or is that a mineral vein ?.. sparkley carrrots?

funBox

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

to me it looks like something has used the rock as a place to vomit

LOL yeah but we were looking at the front corner of the strange rock! Such a pretty place!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

First you find gold (a golden log/rock) and now you find silver. The Miner has struck again.

Just to inform the folks here (and for some reason I like keeping track of things like this) this thread has just went into third place as the most posted on thread in the Space Exploration forum. The top two are a long haul from this one, but we've only been at it since January 1st.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS 5467
An End To The Moon Conspiracy! 3623
Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014) 1473
edit on 24-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Char-Lee
LOL yeah but we were looking at the front corner of the strange rock! Such a pretty place!

Maybe they have an allergy to burlap.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And I bet if you dig in the dirt you'll find all kinds of crawly and growing things. Not like Mars.

I have seen a ton of worms on mars, both where they dug ground up and on the surface...not going to prove that today though, maybe some other day someone will prove it for me.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Ah heck anything for a friend.

That's a little better. But I've been to the Mojave occasionally. This is what I usually see:

Life everywhere, even in this very harsh environment. Which is my point. The extremophile experts are right. Life gets everywhere, into every little nook and cranny, and grows. So if it isn't fairly apparent from the get-go, it's probably not there. And the Mars rovers have covered a lot of territory.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was distracted earlier whilst looking and forgot what I was looking at, then I thought of the wolf and put two and two together

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

First you find gold (a golden log/rock) and now you find silver. The Miner has struck again.

Just to inform the folks here (and for some reason I like keeping track of things like this) this thread has just went into third place as the most posted on thread in the Space Exploration forum. The top two are a long haul from this one, but we've only been at it since January 1st.

John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS 5467
An End To The Moon Conspiracy! 3623
Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014) 1473
edit on 24-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

yes yes very good , but wheres this slow boat from china got to? do you know how expensive gif juice is , and the wolves take no rain checks

this thread will end when that rover sends its last picture , or the world ends

funBox

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Jim Oberg's thread about a new paper on a possible discovery of biological traces in a Mars meteorite (and they can also be explained by natural phenomena as well) is pretty interesting, thanks to funbox for the link.

Thanks for reminding me. I checked with the Chinese shipping authorities and they inform me that the boat has been dry-docked for some type of new paint job, but that it will be on its way in "5, 10 minutes".

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

yes quite interesting indeed , more drip drip, but as usual enough quasi-greyness to keep the taste buds tantalized

still looking for pictures, finding lots of meteorites , but I cannot be sure which one it is, no ill wait on that

ah, I shall surely sleep like the first time tonight knowing that , its nothing unusual , boats need tarring every once in a while

funBox

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That's a little better. But I've been to the Mojave occasionally. This is what I usually see:

Yes i think plant life of a sort, is under the surface on Mars more in the form we have of rock growths here except larger plants in the wetter areas where we have no rovers...that we know of.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join