It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

did I miss the little siblings?
ill have to catch up with them later..

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by leylandthinker

goede dag

I hope you brought your good eye and slightly slanted imagination

here there be dragons and wormy protrusions, enjoy

sol533mast

funBox
edit on 6-2-2014 by funbox because: ofdreagonwolfs
bottom left corner there appears to be the remains of a humble cardboard box.
And a crocodile jaw bone just underneath your zooms! Rarrrrgghhhh
edit on 6-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

While you guys are seeing worms and dragons and crocodiles, oh my, here, on the large rock, is a bono-fide "Etched faced large-skulled horned demon with very long forked tongue" (signed prints, series of 125, delivered to your door for 200 of whatever kind of money you use in your country):

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

While you guys are seeing worms and dragons and crocodiles, oh my, here, on the large rock, is a bono-fide "Etched faced large-skulled horned demon with forked tongue" (signed prints, series of 125, delivered to your door for 200 of whatever kind of money you use in your country):

200 at 200,thats 4000 dong,cheques in the post

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
That front wheel looks a bit deep. mars.jpl.nasa.gov... They are taking one hell of a risk.

I'd like to be a rock fly on the wall at NASA as they decide how to move ahead, how fast to go, the exact route to take, etc. Probably a few arguments going on, with people getting themselves "on the record" in case it goes south.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Lol has curio got a shovel on board? Maybe on the next mission. Someone earller ,maybe on another thread mentioned a blower,but theres hardly any air to blow.
Im sure nasa has it all in hand,i think they practice with a duplicate on earth.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

A shovel would have been a great tool for one of the arms. Why didn't they do that? On this sand dune, as we know, the driving coding of the rover, and the drivers on earth, have no idea what's going on minute-by-minute on Mars. So the concern has to be how fast to go, and what's under the sand, and if by some chance it got caught up in the sand how further would it dig itself in figuring in the how-fast instructions. So I'd assume they'd have to almost travel a couple of inches at a time, stop to check the progress, move another few inches, etc. Breaking new ground with this ride. It's only three feet high, but how long a slope is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I bet theres a geodude rolling around mars chilling with some onix

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

lets just hope we don't find 666 emblazoned on a rock

@Leyland. onix ? as in squidgy onyx?

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

funbox

lets just hope we don't find 666 emblazoned on a rock

@Leyland. onix ? as in squidgy onyx?

funBox

Or in upside down terms, 999. They are really having a field day over at the Egyptian head thread, speculating about an entire statue and surrounding buildings. Meanwhile, an observant poster actually stopped long enough to look at the head and saw that it was made of three or four rocks - so it's another trick of perspective like the one that trapped us into thinking that the blueit was something more than it was (as it scampers away digging into the base of the rover for nesting purposes).

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I found them , your right, tiny things , what type of errorsion is going on there?

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

fascinating , im glad something that we glossed on here got a bit more attention, the rate the pictures are coming over from mars tho , we hardly get time to speculate on one, without another kicking its way through the door
its a good un tho

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

funbox

I found them , your right, tiny things , what type of errorsion is going on there?

funBox

Ah, yes, very good. That's one for the geologists among us (none, the one ATS has hasn't come to this thread) to explore. And as a catch-all thread, this is a good place to "find them first" and let the pickin'at the bones begin.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

these protrusions are becoming more frequent im noticing
, and in this one they just seem too small and fragile to be around for long , surely wind erosion would have dealt them some punishment, I suppose they could be crystalline in nature and therefore harder to erode, but like the dewberrys , there could be a chemical reaction happening that we cannot see completely , water acidity can have an effect on limestone's that eats away at them rapidly, seasonal erosion? ? but then ,liquid waters needed ... still many pieces to go .

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Good analysis. I have very little formal scientific and geological training, but this seems like a very good find. ArMap will like this one, I'd think. And we have it to ourselves for now as the community is buzzing about the three rocks that make up the pharaoh head illusion.

If symptomoftheuniverse ever learns to use his photozoom and bringitover buttons he'll be flying rings around the landscape. And what happened to Buzz? I hope he didn't get discouraged when his snake thing was snaked. Come back Buzz, your large spoke-with-rim is still the best, imnho.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

where are you Buzz Dengue ? your fervour is missed
, that last pic of Symptoms is chock full of odd erosion? does this look bulbous almost organic and sluglike to you ? or it could be a well balanced rock
so hard to tell

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

funbox
these protrusions are becoming more frequent im noticing
, and in this one they just seem too small and fragile to be around for long , surely wind erosion would have dealt them some punishment, I suppose they could be crystalline in nature and therefore harder to erode, but like the dewberrys , there could be a chemical reaction happening that we cannot see completely , water acidity can have an effect on limestone's that eats away at them rapidly, seasonal erosion? ? but then ,liquid waters needed ... still many pieces to go .

I think you are noticing them now, I have seen rocks like that in other photos.

To me it looks like a soft, sedimentary rock that, being made from different materials, had some areas more easily eroded than others, like hoodoos.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You found it! The blueit larvae! When that hatches the next generation of little blueits is assured.

It's as interesting as any other, and the take-away of it is.....Blueit larvae!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

was you referring to the erosion on this photo armap ?

or this one on a mildly more macro erosive scale

to me it looks bulbous and separate from the rock , but also hugging the rocks shape as indicated by the shadow .. odd it lava

funBox
edit on 6-2-2014 by funbox because: add a reply , coutesy of wolf express *overnight delivery excluded on full moons*

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

The erosion on the second photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join