It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

i guess wind could give that edge over time , the small particles of sand , shot blasting the edge of the rock, gradually ebbing away the sandier, finer elements from around the more denser complicated elements, an attrition akin to water , but not as consistant, still i could quite easily look at that rock here on earth and think some kind of fungus or life form was growing out of it , of course conditions on mars state that is unlikely.

makes me wonder how far and complex extremophiles could evolve into, given enough time

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

BlackCat13
This looks kind of the head of a statue, to me. Maybe it's just a natural formation. Just pointing it out.
So what do you think?

I can't seem to upload a picture, but I'm looking in the right side, just under the big rock.

source

Statue getting a lot of mileage another new thread on him going i see.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Rover has crossed the sand dune. No sand worms, so it made it safely.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover has crossed a dune that stands across a gateway to a southwestward route favored by the rover team for driving to future science destinations.

After reaching the west side of the 3-foot-tall (1-meter-tall) dune today, the rover looked back at its tracks down the western slope.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You mean it really was a dune?
It wasn't photoshopped by NASA?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Morning Phage
, totally relative o course
Aleister hasn't been asserting image manipulation has he ? tsk tsk

from todays pics

uz52f4ad1e.jpg[/pic]]535 right nav

hope this ones a rock because I cant get my head around this erosion , has a kind of pupa look about it

left nav reveals all , ether the moment of detachment was captured , or the little nook of shadow was aligned just right to make it look attached .. ahhh nothing like early morning self-debunktion

[url=http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/00535/opgs/edr/ncam/NLB_444990850EDR_F0260366NCAM00262M_.JPG]leftnav[/url ]

funBox
edit on 7-2-2014 by funbox because: w

edit on 7-2-2014 by funbox because: wolves eat bad code

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I found them , your right, tiny things , what type of errorsion is going on there?

funBox
i hate mineral veins,i prefer fibre optics/wires. I can dream. Letting my imagination loose i summise that all area is a collapsed city. With huge squares,steps,machines ,sewers,cyborgs the lot. We have elipses,circles,spokes,bones,right angles,shoes,gordes,spikes,helixsesss,etc etc

Back to reality mars.jpl.nasa.gov... in the center of this image is a bucket like rock with stuff coming out of the top.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Char-Lee

BlackCat13
This looks kind of the head of a statue, to me. Maybe it's just a natural formation. Just pointing it out.
So what do you think?

I can't seem to upload a picture, but I'm looking in the right side, just under the big rock.

source

Statue getting a lot of mileage another new thread on him going i see.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

heads are ten a penny on this thread lol

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Aleister

You mean it really was a dune?
It wasn't photoshopped by NASA?
c'mon phage ,you know they photoshopped out the streetsigns,the train tracks and all those spaceships

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

ahoy hoi , I think I spotted what you spotted, projectile sand vomiting rock bucket? ? curios little sand ring at the end , quite a talent these party rocks have

mineral veins or rocks with teeth

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

funbox

ahoy hoi , I think I spotted what you spotted, projectile sand vomiting rock bucket? ? curios little sand ring at the end , quite a talent these party rocks have

mineral veins or rocks with teeth

funBox
theres some veins in that bucket dear funbox dear funbox.. a bucket of mars sand 400 dong?

Theres plenty of strange rocks in that image,theres a shield under your zoom

edit on 7-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

Edit, whenever i write dong it comes out d ong
edit on 7-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

unfortunately 400 dong isn't enough so I had to take some of the rocks away

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just want to point something out, for now, UNTIL they announce they find life on Mars, there are some interesting things on planet earth to consider on how life works around problems.

Example

See the amazing symbiotic relationship that has evolved between jellyfish and algae. This relationship began 12,000 years ago when ocean levels were higher as a result of melting glaciers. With the higher ocean levels, creatures like the golden jellyfish trickled into an island lake. As the ocean levels dropped, the jellyfish became trapped and evolved a symbiotic relationship with algae that require sunlight for energy and, in turn, produce sugar that feeds the jellyfish.

scienceblogs.com...

Things evolve to fit the landscape so to speak.

Eample:

The creatures are a new species dubbed Edwardsiella andrillae. Other anemones have been found in Antarctica, but these are the first reported to live in the ice. The tiny, white invertebrates reside in burrows in the ice and extend their tentacles to filter-feed from the water below.

hey didn't expect to discover any organisms living in the ice, and surely not an entirely new species.
It is also unclear how they survive without freezing and how they reproduce.

www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 7-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I wonder if them little jelly fish got a level up, this Antarctic winter , supposedly it got down to -93 degrees Celsius-,pretty extreme , but maybe not to something that's used to it for aeons

nice examples of extremophiles , wasn't there types of life that could withstand extreme heats too , underwater vents that literally keep the saline water boiling to extreme temps , organisms that can survive in arsenic
life loves finding a way.

funBox

edit on 7-2-2014 by funbox because: of extreme wolves and there hardened evolved skins

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not sure what that has to do with the claim that the dune was a photoshopped cover for something.

Thanks. I'm quite aware of extremophiles.

I think there's a reasonable chance that live could have started on Mars. However, there wasn't much time for it to advance very far (beyond very simple forms) before Mars lost most of its atmosphere and became the cold, dry place it is today.

Being smaller than Earth, Mars may have had a bit of a head start (but it sort of tripped about half way down the course when it lost most of its water and atmosphere). But not enough to allow much time for higher life forms to evolve. It took about 4 billion years for the first plants to show up on Earth. Mars was dried out long before that.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

whose to say evolution isn't a lot quicker when your in the deep end? I mean even in a single generation , generations have been seen to change over many generations
and they've got it fairly easy on them lush pampered islands lucky organisms, lapping up the sun

*funBox shivers is anticipation of incoming*

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

whose to say evolution isn't a lot quicker when your in the deep end?

Deep end of what? Are you thinking that something about early Mars would lead to very fast evolution? Like what?

But you're talking about a pretty big jump from stromatolites like things to even simple plants, much less animals of any sort. On Earth it took 3 billion years for multicellular algae to show up.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Where can I get an original photo without the zoomed in box?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Earfling
Where can I get an original photo without the zoomed in box?

Hi, and welcome to the monkey house (by the Monkey house I mean Mars - and ATS). Usually in the first post that mentions a picture there will be a link. If you mean the one above, it's in symptomoftheuniverses' post first mentioning the rock and sand that he saw: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

maybe the sun, with a weak magnetosphere , would this add mutation to the equation of evolution ? could certain sun particles accelerate in an x-men mutate-able type fashion? a potential variable I would have thought, sounds a bit x-menish , but we only have one model of evolution to see here on earth, bit of a crap base really, could gravity and air pressure all play rolls? , how far does environment dictate the course an organism takes?, do solar events interrupt/alter the process/direction , as in mutation?,.. panspermia for example , space bearing microbes infect the indigenous life forms ... variable all day long I think

in the deep end ,= harsher environmental conditions to evolve in

funBox

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not sure what that has to do with the claim that the dune was a photoshopped cover for something.

Thanks. I'm quite aware of extremophiles.

Sorry about that, I know it was a jump from the subject and of course you are aware of extremophiles.

I just wanted to get it on record that I am sure there is life on Mars with someone who has a memory :-) For when I am proved correct.

Greatly enjoy your imput on all subjects, very grounding. I often joke but the center of what I am saying I do mean literally in most cases so I know I am ...Out There...in my mostly solitary beliefs.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join