It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Libertygal
Original, unenhanced non- color version.

The original is a colour image.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

another vug an spoke?

kinda familiar
dam dejavu

funBox

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

ArMaP
Why are not "spokes" on rocks close to the camera, for example?

They're obviously and wisely steering the rover away from large rocks or piles of rocks, so naturally they're going to be at a distance. Also, what's your hurry? We just started looking for these things. Be patient. Maybe one will turn up.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Blue Shift, was that spoke sponge thing you posted on another thread your find or was it one of the ones already posted? We should have badges "Official Spoke Hunters".

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap, I was looking up something and came across a thread from 2009 of people finding interesting and nonsense things in pictures from the rovers, and you were there correcting them when they erred. You've been doing this for years! You must have the patience of a saint, as we newer ones come up and get all excited over rocks and ghosts in rocks, and you just go out and say "Nah, here's what it is," because you are speaking from experience. A silent cheer for ArMap, yay, and thanks for doing such a good job.

In those years have you ever seen anything that's gotten you excited, one that you think is "other then a simple rock"? thanks again.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzDengue

Nice collection of jpeg artifacts you have there well done.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Good find. A vug in a rock is worth two in the mush.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Aleister
You've been doing this for years!

Yes.

A silent cheer for ArtMap, yay, and thanks for doing such a good job.

Thanks, although my user name is ArMaP, not ArtMap, but I am a patient person.

In those years have you ever seen anything that's gotten you excited, one that you think is "other then a simple rock"? thanks again.

I remember one that, although I think it's a rock, the presence of that rock on that area is strange, even to me.

It was posted some years ago, along with a "monolith", but most people (and the media that reported it) mixed two photos and ignored the one that was, to me, the most interesting. I will look for it (I should have created an archive long ago).

Edit: I found it, it was this one, found by jkrog08 on an Italian site.

edit on 29/1/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks. I changed your name in my post, all this time I thought it was the other. It's nice to see the monolith pic, is there a thread of analysis? I recall reading about that, and that the media confused one with another, but don't remember ever seeing the original. Maybe there is nothing to find on Mars (saying that on this thread will get me tossed into the Martian Lake of Sulfur), and I guess what I'm doing is trying to focus on the best finds and get them explained by professionals and academics (those infernal spokes, Arken's spine, that thing on the rock which still may or may not be the rocky section you pointed out, the plant "fossils" that have come up more lately). Why the human race just hasn't gone full steam ahead and landed people up there with shovels and a good small truck loaded with as many of the latest scientific tools is something I still cannot understand.

But aside from all that, these finds and the guesswork involved has a nice element of playfulness to it, one reason these threads get my attention and encouragement. Just hoping that a few close-up spokes are found, maybe imbedded into the walls of Murry Buttes if the darn machine ever leaves where it's circling about now.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hey dudes , is this the best pic yet? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I see a boat on its side in background and a boat shaped outline mid ground centerish,plus a crocodile to boot lol,
Well done nasa,
As you can see im a bit schizo when it comes to nasa.

And check out the stonework behind the boat in top left.
edit on 29-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added extra info

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

that's not a bad one at all looks like the fairy ring

*funBOx stokes the photoshop fire*

looks like cgi , I swear ive altered nothing

funBox
edit on 29-1-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you wmd_2008! I just wish people would just use my posts as 'where to look' and not use the dismal blow-ups that I post as the 'proof'... I want to provide the location of the center pixel on the frame of your screen to zoom in and out on... We need time put in analyzing and scrutinizing the data. So much is present in frame 7 from SOL 524 that it is hard to explain... I am aware of pixilation and artifacts, but that doesn't explain what I do post.. I pass on so much stuff that I know is borderline, only post things that I will try to defend (let's put it that way). The last picture in that big post of the "Venus Fly Trap / Pitcher Plant"-esque apparent lifeform, to me is astounding. How is that image not being investigated? I see we have new releases on images tonight, I will try to find 'colorized' versions of the items in that post. The stone archway and clearly radial structures where all through Sol 524 frames yesterday. Thanks again.

edit on 2014/1/29 by BuzzDengue because: Edited to correct referenced SOL day to 524.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yeah thats what i thought. That pic has a real feeling to it,weird, but not as weird as this flying rock at 9 oclock mars.jpl.nasa.gov... and here it is at 3oclock mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-1-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Thanks Aleister...much is present in SOL 524 images.

I am trying to document the location so others can view the SOURCE IMAGE themselves and confirm or debunk... too much resolution is 'lost in transalation' trying to post cut outs, especially, my cut outs.

edit on 2014/1/29 by BuzzDengue because: Corrected SOL to 524

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I feel like im getting punked by nasa with these pics... er a floating rock? , a shadow from no where?

whatever next?

funBOx

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Here's your "pitcher plant" snakey thing that you mention. There is so much flying unfast and totally unserious, ah, unfurious, on this thread that stuff each of us like is overlooked by others as they post stuff they like. And people may have bypassed your long post because we've become spooked at high-magnification pictures which do show lots of photo-artifacts.

That said, this seems interesting. Can you post a picture from more of a distance away so we can see it with some of the other floating dots and lines removed.

Buzz's "pitcher plant":

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

funbox

I feel like im getting punked by nasa with these pics... er a floating rock? , a shadow from no where?

whatever next?

funBOx
whatever next indeed,lol , who has left the floater?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Aleister

Here's your "pitcher plant" snakey thing that you mention. There is so much flying unfast and totally unserious, ah, unfurious, on this thread that stuff each of us like is overlooked by others as they post stuff they like. And people may have bypassed your long post because we've become spooked at high-magnification pictures which do show lots of photo-artifacts.

That said, this seems interesting. Can you post a picture from more of a distance away so we can see it with some of the other floating dots and lines removed (and talking of floating, what is that disconnected shadow in funbox's pic?. Houdini would be proud).

Buzz's "pitcher plant":

its a swan! Swanning around,.
On a serious note ,if these anomolies keep on coming then i can see curiosity being another Jade Rabbit,which has apparently malfunctioned.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

added perspective two from navcamsol527 , still looks ,emm floating

funBox

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No, this was the "Blue Swan from SOL 524... ; )

files.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join