It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

The only problem is that is not its true shape.

It's on a ridge (red line) as it appears from the camera position it seems to fit your perfect ellipse but because it's on that ridge that is not its true shape.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Even being on a slight ridge, wouldn't the shape stay the same, just folded a bit?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

a shoe you say ..Never ! Never , its a sandal a sandal I say !

still couldn't find the shoe from the other pic.. are you sure it was a shoe?...I would never have spotted it if say it was a wellington , or dr martin

funBox
i was refering to monty pythons life of brian,when they argue whether to follow the gorde worshippers or the shoes..

ahaaa its shaped like a sandle I say ! these two

*funBOx turns the channel*

o ok then

its a sandle !

funBox

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I wish the gang had made a space movie, although maybe there's still time.

And at 15 seconds into your second video I see a few spoke creatures, something that looks like a vase with rock flowers, and a rock partridge in a rock pear tree.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

"five golden fairy rings, (slightly off skew cause of the ridge!)"

ahh no, just a tribute to the humble blueit race im afraid, would have been good tho..

funBox

edit on 30-1-2014 by funbox because: t

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

lol, I totally forgot that part. Been too long since I've seen the film.

Back on topic: Mars. Rocks.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's maybe another one of those Mars sponges:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by wmd_2008

Even being on a slight ridge, wouldn't the shape stay the same, just folded a bit?

What a 2d representation shown over what in reality is a 3 DIMENSIONAL surface.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by jeep3r

The only problem is that is not its true shape.

It's on a ridge (red line) as it appears from the camera position it seems to fit your perfect ellipse but because it's on that ridge that is not its true shape.

There is a ridge, but I don't see the elevation affecting the arrangement of rocks. Looks more like the loose sand formed around that circlular feature after the chunks(?) came to a rest in that area ...

I guess we both can't be 100% sure about our geometrical interpretations at this point in time, but perhaps we'll get a closer look later on!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Blue Shift

And the spoke-creature right to the left of it. Is this another example of "far far away" and the pixel distortion got us again? The one you posted on the other thread, was that a new one too? Good find. The criticism will be the distance from the lens and the picture artifacts.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Nice job, and great pix!
thanks for sharing.

S&F

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Well you have to take into account the obvious difference in height plain to see at the left side along the blue line I have drawn.

It's not circular it's not elliptical you don't see the true shape.

Your ellipse does not take the height difference into account.

It seems elliptical due to perspective.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by jeep3r

Correct. The elevation data is not represented in the quick overlay I made. That's why I'm looking forward to "perhaps" seeing (later on, via closer views) whether or not that arrangement would be 'roughly' circular when seen from above or from a different perspective ...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Aleister

Blue Shift

And the spoke-creature right to the left of it. Is this another example of "far far away" and the pixel distortion got us again? The one you posted on the other thread, was that a new one too? Good find. The criticism will be the distance from the lens and the picture artifacts.

After a billion years, I admit this one isn't in very good shape:

edit on 30-1-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

funbox
where did he go ?

funBox

So, for some reason, when I dl animated gifs on my phone, they aren't animated. So, I was looking at the non-animated portion of your pic. The one with the blue guy on the top to the right of the wheel.

Guess what? There looks to be a second blue guy. To the left of the wheel, on the ground, right in the wheel 'hub', looking straight out.

Totally missed him the whole time.

Cute rocks.

The question not only is, where did he go, but, other objects have been removed, and, in the area behind, it appears other objects have been moved, or added. The whole scene has been changed.

This is all illusion?

Can you post both gifs seperately please? The original, and then, below it, the one used for the overlay?

Thanks.
edit on 30-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

ETA - For instance, in your original pic, behind the new blue guy in the wheel hub, there appears to be a cylindrical looking pipe right above and behind his head.

In the overlay pic, there suddenly appears to be an almost robotic looking "arm" now, next to the cylindrical pipe, reaching up over new blue guys' head. It has a pincher looking type looking "hand", like (_) . That's just one of the changes I can see.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

jeep3r

wmd_2008
reply to post by jeep3r

Correct. The elevation data is not represented in the quick overlay I made. That's why I'm looking forward to "perhaps" seeing (later on, via closer views) whether or not that arrangement would be 'roughly' circular when seen from above or from a different perspective ...

So now we have gone from perfectly to roughly circular.
edit on 30-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

just looking through the images see if I can find any more of the ring, theres only two so far ,I did however manage to find a swarm of clams and eggs , so it could be a good breakfast tomorrow .. just working on Gif of the two, but because of the distance between the two picture angles it will probably be a little disconcerting to the eye

still hard to tell , need more pics

faster ,caution to the epileptic

funBox
edit on 30-1-2014 by funbox because: delivery of wolves

edit on 30-1-2014 by funbox because: added wolfjuice

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

With the photos from the left and right camera we get a more natural look, even if it doesn't solve this problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

again Armap great gif , so easy on the eye , but where is the elevation detail ?

funBOx

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

funbox
again Armap great gif , so easy on the eye , but where is the elevation detail ?

It's waiting for another photo.

What photos did you use?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join