It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

acid being the ph level of liquids, soils, not concentrated acid like hydrochloric , etc etc

water can be acidic, but not be acid

I should have been a little more clearer on that

hey , don't knock the wind on mars ArMaP, I think it deserves its number one spot ,
as you said yourself , it has the power to make trails

and not to forget its amazing lifting power, go wind !

care to rejigger the list ? but don't be leave off the mermaid tears , you might make Aleister cry

funBox
edit on 23-3-2014 by funbox because: word for clarity/unclarity

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

There's a new tread with pics of Rover's entrance into Kimberly (literally):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
looks like a massive influx has arrived
mastcam

amazingly this rocky outcrop is not whitebalanced or edited by me at all

raw as you like

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yikkkkes! Look at that wheel. All it will take is running over the wrong thing, it gets caught in one of these massive holes, and the rover will be unable to limp along with the rock in its foot digging in with every turn (if it doesn't shake it loose), then the next rock, and the next....

Does this bode doom? Or am I overly explaining the potential of this happening, and forward progress will be, as always, a walk in the park?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
imo
This copper colored object seems out of place as it is more rounded also than other rocks in the area.
Middle left
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I assume that this looks like an insect because of jpeg artifacts.
Going to stop now so as not to flood the thread with to my grand insights :O

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

funbox

frustrating indeed , and not forgetting the great 75% compression .. terrifyingly cruel thing to do to a picture, 'in a way?... '

do you think this information would be curtailed by Nasa/associative authority's at this time?

My general impression is that a lot of interesting shapes & features along the way have not been investigated more closely, at least officially, in favor of the overall science and mission goals.

NASA/JPL, and whatever organization may also be involved into this mission, seem to follow a step-by-step information policy & I think they wouldn't jump to conclusions unless the whole scientific foundation (for past or present life) is fully explored and substantiated ... which makes sense, on the one hand.

On the other hand, it all feels a bit too predictable. They obviously 'know' they're not going to find the conclusive evidence we're all hoping for prior to the 2020 rover mission, which will be more suited to detect signs of present & past life (incl. preperations for a sample return mission years later).

Based on the official mission objectives, I suspect that Curiosity might - at best - find evidence for the effects of biological processes (biosignatures). I hope I'm wrong, but everything else would really surprise me.

edit on 23-3-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

ah yeah , like photographing blue-it scat ?

what a bio signature

mast 568

but I understand your point , in true scientific classification style.first there must be some removing of the innards , then grinding down and removal of water for that, all important elemental composition analysis. I think we should get first dibs on the naming, if it turns out one of the finds, listed here, turns out a biological maybe, from future missions or this one

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

cannie find that picture , is that from the new batch ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

nooo don't stop em coming , there's some weird one's on that picture, feels a bit slimy out there too

link**

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Any who feel there could perchance be very ancient statues on Mars, note how these are built and if they were shattered and thrown down hill what parts may look like.

livinglabonnevie.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Looking at these new ones, and many old images gives me a sense that I am looking at a Lilliputian world where some oddities in images look miniature as if made by tiny humanoids.

I'm not fixated on any single theory though, just that Mars is a super strange planet that gives me the creeps and sometimes makes the hair on my neck stand up, when looking at some images. Like a psychic impression of a very evil society once lived there. Pretty strange isn't it?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

a very evil society once lived there.

And they may be living here now. Destroy one planet and on to the next. This one is going to be gone soon too.
The most ancient things here may have similar copies on Mars.
Never hurts to be open to things when we don't know.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The missing cork screw?

Top left
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the ruins behind the heads they sat up in front?(wonder how far away the heads were found) The stones look very familiar.

Nemrut Dağı and Göbekli Tepe. Nemrut Dağı is another triumph of human ego. Over 2000 years ago a relatively crazy ruler carted up a whole lot of gravel to increase the height of the mountain Nemrut Dağı and built about 12 huge statues of him, his wives and various animals and gods around the summit. The statues have since fallen down due to earthquakes but the huge heads and partially reconstructed bodies still litter the mountain top.
livinglabonnevie.wordpress.com...

Char-Lee

livinglabonnevie.files.wordpress.com...

edit on 23-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I have been thinking those same things, and it fits our history to a "T" Even my daughter of 6 has seen things in mars images, and asked where it is..

That corkscrew thing is very out of place.
And in the center of the image is a bent up and partially torn door hasp plate with a cut out on one end and 2 drill holes on the other end,(looks like it anyways), it looks like it is a man made thing. it is even same thickness unless the entire thing is an illusion..

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
These are not new btw
Does anyone know if this weblike thing is something the rover did? Also the thing that looks like string on the right, is it just the dirt?
The berries look like pearls when they are clean, maybe Mars is all covered in pearl :-)

upper left corner
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 23-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

that one kind of screwy
, ive seen similar before but im struggling to find it

the statue on the picture you posted reminded me of ..

added a bit of pixilation for comparison

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Char-Lee
These are not new btw
Does anyone know if this weblike thing is something the rover did?

That's a mark of one of the rover's wheels.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

you must mean this thing

or did I miss the mark ?

funBox

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join