It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,200-year-old Egyptian text describes a shape-shifting Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Written in the Coptic language, the ancient text tells of Pontius Pilate, the judge who authorized Jesus' crucifixion, having dinner with Jesus before his crucifixion and offering to sacrifice his own son in the place of Jesus. It also explains why Judas used a kiss, specifically, to betray Jesus — because Jesus had the ability to change shape, according to the text — and it puts the day of the arrest of Jesus on Tuesday evening rather than Thursday evening, something that contravenes the Easter timeline.

1,200-year-old Egyptian text describes a shape-shifting Jesus Science

Interesting to say the least. 1,200 year old text describes the crucifixion of Jesus in a much different light. Not only that but perhaps the first reference of shape shifting reptoids? Paging David Icke.....

On a serious note, I wish someone would rerelease the original bible without the modifications and omissions. There is so much we are not being told about our past. Does this mean we have been interaction with shape shifting beings? No, but my Spidey sense tells me there is far more than meets the eye.

It will be interesting to compare this to the book of Judas itself to see if there is any correlation between to two narratives. If I was a betting man, not only that but some parallels to ancient Sumer also. One can hope at least.

On the other hand, I am sure others will simply state it is further proof that the ancient writings were just filled with fanciful imagination.

edit on Tue Dec 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed title

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

The last time I saw Jesus he had taken the shape of a 23 year old blonde named Candy. Praise the Lord. And not only could Jesus shift shape, praise him who turns into Jiffy Pops at will, but could become invisible!!! From your source:

In the text, Jesus comforts him, saying, "Oh Pilate, you have been deemed worthy of a great grace because you have shown a good disposition to me." Jesus also showed Pilate that he can escape if he chose to. "Pilate, then, looked at Jesus and, behold, he became incorporeal: He did not see him for a long time ..." the text read.

Pilate and his wife both have visions that night that show an eagle (representing Jesus) being killed.

In the Coptic and Ethiopian churches, Pilate is regarded as a saint, which explains the sympathetic portrayal in the text, van den Broek writes.

Jesus hanging around at Pilate's pad:

edit on 31-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The Council Of Nicea (sic)
Put paid to anything the Bible has to offer.........they edited much out at that time, including anything that didnt fit in with what the emperor Constantine needed it to say.
Christ taught from a couple of those missing books....(the book of Jasher i recall for one) so the revalence of the whole is corrupted.
I reccomend the book of Enoch to anyone wishing some further study.....

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Let me know when they finally find Jesus' personal journal, written in his own hand.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Why would we take seriously a text written 800 years after the 'fact'?

Those monks really didn't have anything better to do than 'translate' from one language to another, make up stories and ceaselessly ponder useless religious texts their whole lives.

Has that problem about angels dancing on the heads of pins been solved yet?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

signalfire

Those monks really didn't have anything better to do than 'translate' from one language to another, make up stories and ceaselessly ponder useless religious texts their whole lives.

Has that problem about angels dancing on the heads of pins been solved yet?

Yes. As it turns out, the scribes were actually severely stoned after being extensively exposed to natural methane.

....Not really. But it's as good an explanation as any.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
On a serious note, I wish someone would rerelease the original bible without the modifications and omissions. There is so much we are not being told about our past. Does this mean we have been interaction with shape shifting beings? No, but my Spidey sense tells me there is far more than meets the eye.

Christian or Jewish?
The Torah is the original "Bible" so to speak, the other, whichever version, originated with the council of nicea at or about 300 A.D. where it was then decided which books would be included and which ones would be left out. Other Christian sects some time later added others. Gnostic teachings were left out entirely for various reasons.

As far as Thursday vs Tuesday. Easter Sunday lands on a Sunday, Which helped bring the Pagans of the period into the fold so you'll have to count back to Thursday. Cant have two different version conflicting within the 'Bible" even though you have two testaments in the Christian bible which if taken out of context, which is often done, may sound conflicted.

Thanks for posting this. I'm always open to new version especially considering the topic and supposed source. Oh and one last thing. Shape shifting, That could have simply been a way to further reiterate and drive home just how 'Dangerous' this "Jesus" character was to the masses. Quick, kill him, yadda yadda blah blah blah...

Happy New Years

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Torah is the original "Bible" so to speak, the other, whichever version, originated with the council of nicea at or about 300 A.D. where it was then decided which books would be included and which ones would be left out.

If you only learn one fact today, let it be that the Council of Nicaea had nothing to do with the selection of what books were included in the Bible. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. The belief that it did is couched in the fictional writings of Dan Brown and others.

The Council of Nicaea was called to address the heresy of Arianism, the belief that Jesus was created, not begotten, and thus not divine in the same sense as God. How do we know this? Because the documents associated with the Council still exist -- you can read them here: Council of Nicaea (AD 325) surviving documents.

Gnostic teachings were left out entirely for various reasons.

They were left out for the simple reason that they are the texts of another religion. One might as well complain that the Bible does not include Islamic or Hindu texts.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Whoa,

This is really interesting....anything on the topic of ancient religion/ religious texts interests me. TPTB have lied to us so much in order to control us that they (TPTB) have even ruined things for themselves. They are hurting themselves because by withholding from the rest of us, they impede themselves. It seems that the truth is coming out little by little in bits and pieces. SnF!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Whoa,

This is really interesting....anything on the topic of ancient religion/ religious texts interests me. TPTB have lied to us so much in order to control us that they (TPTB) have even ruined things for themselves. They are hurting themselves because by withholding from the rest of us, they impede themselves. It seems that the truth is coming out little by little in bits and pieces. SnF!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Who is Dan Brown?

ETA: Never mind, I just Googled him. Reading now.
edit on 31-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

(Never mind, I thought you were being sarcastic, lol.)

edit on 31-12-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ok, I read up on him a bit. Now, let me ask you where the original Christian bible came from and when? Also, Which books were originally in it vs later versions?

Please.

* I'd like to consider your sources as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

To clarify I mean the original teachings prior to the council like the book of Adam and Eve, Enoch, Judas. Those obtained from the "Dead Sea" scroll cache. Even since the implementation of the "bible" including the Hebrew, there have been countless changes.

link   

If the spirit of god filled Jesus, then this spirit could actually go into different individuals at different times. That means the messiah can change bodies. That is different than the body changing. Think about this, could the messiah actually be a spirit that moves at will from person to person? Could Jesus just have been a vessel that this spirit was fond of. What I am saying is that the Holy Spirit may be actually one with god mindset and Jesus was just one of the cups that was filled with god. Sort of sounds like the trinity to me

link   

Here you go: How We Got Our Bible: Christian History Timeline

I'll supplement that by noting that the earliest known list of Christian canon is the The Muratorian Canon, which dates from the late Second Century (about a hundred years before the Council of Nicaea) and which is pretty much the same as the canon that the church officially declared in the Fourth Century, though it included the Apocalypse of Peter, later rejected, and did not include one of the letters of John, either of the letters of Peter, or the letter of James.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

signalfire

Because I like to read between the lines. At that time there weren't many who were capable of reading and writing so those that did were often privileged to receive ancient teachings/knowledge, simply because they were the few that could read it.

I'd imagine most if not all of Christianity's teaching originate from a much older source pre-christianity like the Sumerians and such.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Thank you, I'm presently packing to move, I'll read and reply either later tonight If I can or once I'm settled in after the 1rst.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Its interesting to note that the book of Judas some people interpret as proof that Jesus was the gay love to Judas yet here it references a kiss by Judas to identify Jesus because he changed his body whether in color or age.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join