It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,200-year-old Egyptian text describes a shape-shifting Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

This leads Judas to suggest using a kiss as a means to identify him.

This leads to a few things... Jesus was a real shape shifter or several people posed as Jesus.... that the real Jesus may have NOT been crucified!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

TheStev
reply to post by signalfire

Are you honestly comparing the reporting of current events in this modern global village we live in today, with historical records from a thousand years ago? Are you suggesting that, because these events were not recorded immediately, it is likely these events never happened? I'm no historian, but from what I understand much of the historical record was penned well after the fact. There was no Reuters, no Twitter. The fact that you expect events to be chronicled in the way they might be today is a little naive.

And why must the bible be judged on what it is used for? Has nothing good ever been corrupted? Nothing pure ever been abused to hurt/control people? I don't hold the bible in all that much esteem personally, but neither do I dismiss it out of hand - and certainly not because of how it has been used. I'm not saying we shouldn't consider that as a factor either, but I don't think it's nearly enough to dismiss the text entirely.

Current events? A tsunami from 1700 is not 'current'. But it was documented to the hour. Maybe because, unlike Jesus, it really happened. There were contemporary reliable historians in B.C. times. The Egyptians kept records of their Pharoahs and that's going back 4000 years. We have sculptures of them, but none of Jesus, or Moses, or any of the people in the bible. By definition, history is either written at the time or it's a story which may bear little basis in reality especially when the first inklings of that story start appearing a lifetime later. People spent a lot of time back then telling stories around campfires and there were kudos given to those who could retell and embellish the best stories.

Funny how the Egyptian records have never been 'used to hurt or control people.'

I judge the bible based on its content and global effect; if you think it was written by a god, then that god was certifiable and a mass murderer. It's holding back billions of people from learning science or advancing into modernity and rational thought rather than wishful thinking; the world was demonstrably better off when they were worshipping golden calves. If it wasn't written by a god, then it's what? Something so hideous as to boggle the mind. Written by people pretending to be god...declaring themselves to be god, but without any evidence for being god. And almost 2000 years later, it's still in vogue for some insane reason.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

signalfire[/I]
I judge the bible based on its content and global effect; if you think it was written by a god, then that god was certifiable and a mass murderer. It's holding back billions of people from learning science or advancing into modernity and rational thought rather than wishful thinking; the world was demonstrably better off when they were worshipping golden calves. If it wasn't written by a god, then it's what? Something so hideous as to boggle the mind. Written by people pretending to be god...declaring themselves to be god, but without any evidence for being god. And almost 2000 years later, it's still in vogue for some insane reason.

Are you saying that the Bible only contains hate, murder and control of others and that the only effects it has had on humanity is bad? Millions of people can testify that it has saved them from a wretched life.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Bible is mix and match book, take what you need throw the others. Should we include this "ancient Egyptian text" ? , its tell stories of another Jesus "miracle" after all.

Autobots....sorry...., Jesus! Transform

What's in Your Bible?
edit on 1-1-2014 by NullVoid because: url

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The word 'Christ' means the light of consciousness - the image of light that is ever present.
Notice how it is constantly moving, shifting shape and colour.

That which knows the light is that which is all seeing, all knowing and ever present.

The father (seer) and the son (the seen) are one.

Edit.
I have just read this which was quoted earlier in this thread which imo says the same.

Bybyots
The Magi reinforce this by telling Herod when they meet him that The Star-Child has "worshipers in every land" (17:5), they also tell Mary and Joseph that, “forms of him are seen in every land, because he has been sent by his majesty [God the Father] for the salvation and redemption of every human being” (23:4).

The individual (the divided one) takes no notice of the light that is here now - they are lead astray worrying about other times - it is only when they realize that there is nothing separate from God - God is presence - that they will be saved.
There is only presence and it appears through seeing.
The truth is in plain sight - the act of seeing.
Seek that which is seeing to know the father.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

You say that history 'by definition' has to be written. History is simply a record of events. Certainly that record is more reliable when it is written, but access to writing tools was quite limited until modern times, so historical events were often passed on orally and later written down. That might make historical records less reliable, but it doesn't mean they cease to be history 'by definition'.

I guess it comes down to personal belief with regard to the bible. I personally believe that the people writing at least some of these texts were being inspired by god. I think that was filtered through their humanity, and then warped and distorted and corrupted throughout the years as Christianity gained power and influence.

Now sure, that leaves us with a bit of a mess to say the least - and it's hard to know what the 'original message' was. But despite all the changes it might have gone through - at some point (I believe) god was trying to talk to us (probably still does) and I think that's worth (at the very least) considering.

I just think there's a grey area between 'The bible is just a tool of manipulation' and 'The bible is gods complete and unaltered word to man'

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

TheStev
Now sure, that leaves us with a bit of a mess to say the least - and it's hard to know what the 'original message' was. But despite all the changes it might have gone through - at some point (I believe) god was trying to talk to us (probably still does) and I think that's worth (at the very least) considering.

The best way to translay the message is on a one to one basis - writing it and then the subsequent reading of it will always be prone to misinterpretation. Even on a one to one basis there will be misinterpretation - however the misinterpretation can be spotted and redirected back to the right track.
The 'original message' is buried in the bible.
This is a Robert Wolfe who does one on one discussions and discusses this on this video.
He speaks about the 'keys' given in ancient teachings.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

On a serious note, I wish someone would rerelease the original bible without the modifications and omissions.

We have that today. The New Testament that we have today is with 99% certainty that which the NT authors wrote. In all likelihood the books of the NT were all written before AD 100. There is no evidence that these books were modified or that things were omitted. Go pick up an edition of the Nestle-Aland 28 Greek New Testament and you will have what was and is the original New Testament. Compared to any other work of antiquity the New Testament has the most witnesses the faithfulness of its transmission.

If someone has evidence as to were the New Testament was modified (I'm not talking about variants) or omissions (again, no variants) please bring them to light. I'm sure many a New Testament textual critic would love to see where the New Testament was definitively changed.

The other "gospels" and "books" that masquerade as authentic writings about Jesus and the early church are anything but. They were all written centuries after the fact, much like this story about the "shape-shifting" Jesus. That's why they're not included in the New Testament.

Similar can be said to the transmission of the Old Testament.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The word 'Christ' means the light of consciousness

No it doesn't. Χριστός (Christos) means "anointed one" (like anointed for a task) and is the translation of the Hebrew term מָשִׁיחַ (Meschiach), which also means "anointed one". This word came to be associated with the Messiah in Hebrew thinking.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Will you tell me what 'anointed one' means?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by omegazap

Greek is the biggest hurdle for the most important, and nobody knows greek, no not really, so it's never going to be perfect they say.

Tell that to the NT scholars. Plenty of people can read ancient Greek. I can even read a little bit. I love reading out of the Greek New Testament when I have the chance to.

Jehovah is not the name of God.

This is true.

It is pronounced "eee - ho - vuh ".

But this isn't. No one knows for sure how God's name is pronounced.

Here is God's name: יהוה‎

YHWH. To our best guess, it's pronounced Yahweh.

Genesis could not be interpreted because nobody was left alive to do it. God came down and made everyone suddenly know a different language when they rebelled, so you could say he stabs himself in the back, but in a way, we did it to ourselves. Now we'll just have to guess and hope we're not f-ing up.

You are aware that Genesis was written at about the time of the Exodus, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It's like I said, it's someone anointed for a task. Or you can think of it as someone being set aside for a special task. In the OT the Prophets, Priests and Kings of Israel were anointed as part of the preparation for the work that they were to do. The anointed symbolized the spirit of God being over the individual.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

octotom
No one knows for sure how God's name is pronounced.

Here is God's name: יהוה‎

YHWH. To our best guess, it's pronounced Yahweh.

God has no name - God is the non conceptual.

It is names and labels (concepts) that make believe there is any thing other than God.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The problem with that thought is God named himself. YHWH→"I am the I am" or "I am the existing one"

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

octotom

The problem with that thought is God named himself. YHWH→"I am the I am" or "I am the existing one"

The existing one is right here - right now. But there is an idea (concept) that there is more. What is appearing to exist? Only the present appearance is ever seen - but it is constantly changing configuration.

'I am' is said in present tense and is true.
'I was. I will be' are thoughts, ideas (concepts) arising within 'I am'.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
much of the new testament writings were penned more than 50 -100+ years after the Jesus ministry so whats the deal with the OP document dated to 800AD

as for the shape-shifting allegation...
shape-shifting is the extreme explaination, i guess for sensationalism.
.... the early Christian cult was well known as a cult of mystery practices and magical rites by the Roman authorities, who were not given to exaggeration,

so the shape-shifting accusal might very well be explained by Illusions, perpetrated by the adept Jesus...
we might compare the Jesus of 30AD to the David Copperfield's of the modern era for example

the 1,200 YO writing needs to be carefully decoded & discerned...with careful interpretation

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Could it be that Pontinus Pilate convinced the people that Jesus was a "shape shifter"
so that when it was time to grab Jesus for the crucifixion... the plan could unfold.

It is stated that this Egyptian text says that Pontinus Pilate had dinner with Jesus before
the crucifixion and offered up his own son. Perhaps the plan was made and then the Judas
kiss was used as a way of pointing to which person to grab as Jesus for the crucifixion.

It says right here that:

"to those who saw him (Jesus) he did not appear alike to all."

Well if people remembered Jesus as being Jesus and then suddenly they
were told he was someone else and could shape shift... of course they
would say he did not appear alike to all.

"Then the Jews said to Judas: How shall we arrest him (Jesus), for he does not have a single shape but his appearance changes. Sometimes he is ruddy, sometimes he is white, sometimes he is red, sometimes he is wheat coloured, sometimes he is pallid like ascetics, sometimes he is a youth, sometimes an old man ..." This leads Judas to suggest using a kiss as a means to identify him.

I've never heard of this before, if true this would be crazy. This is weird information.

leolady

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

leolady

wHY CAN'T THE BOTTOM EXCERPT BE COPIED FROM THE ABOVE POST ?
...but his appearance changes...etc...

"Then the Jews said to Judas: How shall we arrest him (Jesus), for he does not have a single shape but his appearance changes. Sometimes he is ruddy, sometimes he is white, sometimes he is red, sometimes he is wheat coloured, sometimes he is pallid like ascetics, sometimes he is a youth, sometimes an old man ..." This leads Judas to suggest using a kiss as a means to identify him.

I've never heard of this before, if true this would be crazy. This is weird information.

from that little excerpt... it sounds like the modern version of the person called the Meitreya..
who is said to just pop in without notice anytime-anywhere the Meitreya chooses
(which is either Astral Projection or clever majic-illusion)

About Jesus having a meal with Pontius Pilate...Jesus already had the Passover meal with the disciples so it was sac-religious for him to eat again on the Jewish passover
Jesus was accused of being a magician for a reason, the term was not thrown around loosely..He was never called a charlaton or sorcerer but only having a following that shared the mystical &^ magical themes he preached

as for walking thru walls... Jesus only did that after the resurrection, one occasion was when he talked with 'doubting Thomas'... when the changed Jesus was suddenly amongst the few disciples that were hiding in a safe-house
edit on st31138858447501542014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I heard that Jesus was able to walk through walls and the like - when Pontius Pilot saw these kinds of abilities, he no longer felt as bad about crucifying Jesus because he started to see the whole resurrection bit having some truth to it.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Jesus is the son of the Father and they are said to be one.
Through Jesus the Father can be found.

The Father and son are one - the only one - the many appear in this one.

Jesus (not a person) is what is appearing presently - it is constantly looking different (shape shifting).
The Father (not a person) is the source of the light.

There is only what is but one is lead astray by the stories that can only appear in presence.

Jesus (the immaculate concept, the pure word of God) is the unstable presence which is born out of the stable presence. Jesus (movement) was born out of the stable (the father).
Existence/reality is motion and rest.

The underlying message in the bible and all ancient texts are pointing toward reality - to what is real. When one finds out what really is and what really isn't then one will be at peace.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join