It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: Rise of the Reptilian Alien Mythos and Its Unlikely Source

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

deadcalm

Ok, so then we'd need evidence of some form of technology. If we were to die out or leave the planet somehow there are some things we've done which would last for millions of years.
reply to post by JadeStar

No, in fact most of our technology would be gone....completely in just a few thousand years...after a million there would be no trace of us left.

Mt. Rushmore?

The Great Wall of China?

Cheyenne Mountain?

As for footprints on the moon....who's to say there aren't any??

Good point and one reason why people like news.discovery.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Arizona State University's Dr. Paul Davies wants to do a crowdsourced search through Lunar Reconnoissance Orbiter imagery for oddities.

edit on 2-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Your post, like this thread, is utter nonsense. The OP claims that the idea of reptilians comes from TV and some guy from the 80's...it does not.

Never said I believed in any myth. Never said I believed in anything. Just pointed out that the OP is wrong, but you guys, in an effort to find something to ridicule, lose your ability for reading comprehension.

Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by Harte

Your post, like this thread, is utter nonsense. The OP claims that the idea of reptilians comes from TV and some guy from the 80's...it does not.

Never said I believed in any myth. Never said I believed in anything. Just pointed out that the OP is wrong, but you guys, in an effort to find something to ridicule, lose your ability for reading comprehension.

Hilarious.

You have yet to offer anything which refutes any of the points of the OP other than myths.

Again, using one myth as evidence in support of another does nothing other than make it look as though you've lost any semblance of rationality and instead resort to calling the post "utter nonsense". It's fine to call something "utter nonsense" if your evidence supports that but you've offered -nothing- in support of your position and have been rightly called out by others.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by Harte

Hilarious.

Please point out the nonsense in my post you so disparage (below.)

Harte

intelligenthoodlum33
Hopi Indians as well as the Chinese have many stories of shape shifting reptilians that predate your scientist from 1980 and 1940's Hollywood.

They had myths about foxes that shapeshift into human form as well. In fact, this myth is FAR more prevalent.

So, shapeshifting canine aliens from the dog star controlling every aspect of every govenrment on Earth?

Dogs eat snakes, you know.

Harte

You question my reading comprehension while your own lack is on open display.

This thread is not about how there were no reptile myths - shapeshifting or otherwise - in the ancient past.

It's about the origin of the current (well, semi-current) idiocy one sees concerning some world-wide reptilian overlord conspiracy.

Funny how it's reptiles and not canines. Can you address that point at least? There's no werewolf conspiracy is there?

Harte
edit on 1/2/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Romans copy pasted ours, they also used greek architects for their buildings. An example is Kronos, you always see me here, talking about this abomination...

For us is Kronos, for Romans turn into Saturn, but its the same thing, romans presented him eating children and they also made a celebration called " saturnians"... Jews translated Kronos as Sabbaoth, taken from Babylonians.

but they do have him as a god, after yahbeh, they honor him... We consider Kronos and dragonian leader Yahbeh, as criminal, scum gods. Its more like a gung, talibans for us.. lol Those you call as rebel alliances, pretend to be gods.

Some people dont like the hearing of it, but thats the truth, there is nothing we can do. Yahbeh as the dragonian leader, cooped with Kronos, thats how they merged houses and created few races on planet earth.

Kronos is the nephelim, he was part of the good forces and used Nepheles as a technology, the paradox is, that babylonians called them Nephelims (fallen, traitors) the Kronos forces, but they ALSO have him as a god.

The reason they did that, was to manipulate people, to make them believe, that the good forces (the forces that we greeks believed at) are the fallen.. lol But I am afraid they cannot change history, as long as even 1 greek stands his feet on planet earth. The reason greeks destroyed Atlantis, was the first attempt of these races, to promote their fake god under "one world order", exactly as they try again today!!! Thats why Greeks attacked Atlantis. Because of the corruption. This time arround they corrupted the whole planet, foreigns control all countries, with fake ids and names. This time is going to be final.

Thats the return and thats the final war.

The one world religion they promote today (once again), is going to be again the "yahbeh". They intruded Christianity in ancient years, destroyed books and events, killed as many as they could, they re-wrotte the books, changed names, events and they implemented yahbeh into Christianity. Thats why people today, think that Jesus is Yahbeh, etc etc... So if christians believe in yahbeh, jews in Yahbeh, muslims in Yahbeh, then the whole world will have 1 religion..

you see how they did it?
edit on 3-1-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

I always thought the Greek names sounded cooler.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Well, that and the thousands of abductees and contactees.

Though skeptics tend to completely ignore or at the very least downplay that whole facet of ufology because it supposedly damages "real ufology", some of us have one foot in a completely different world and to us the reductionism of the pseudoskeptics is rightly viewed as pathological.

Some day their little box will be blown to pieces, even if they have to die.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Funny how it's reptiles and not canines. Can you address that point at least? There's no werewolf conspiracy is there?

personally I think reptile people are much cooler than canine people. Incectoids may be cooler. Have there been any reports of rock or tree people? where does the "silly" line start?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian
reply to post by Harte

personally I think reptile people are much cooler than canine people. Incectoids may be cooler.

If it weren't for DDT, we'd probably be crawling with them by now.

ZetaRediculianwhere does the "silly" line start?

Well, in this thread, it started in earnest at the very bottom of page 1.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

IntelligentHoodlum23

I am sorry, but your theory is flat out wrong. Hopi Indians as well as the Chinese have many stories of shape shifting reptilians that predate your scientist from 1980 and 1940's Hollywood.

Not saying that reptilians exist, so keep the ridicule, but your theory is so off the mark that it's funny. It took me one minute to find, cut and paste these links.

www.dragonorama.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Harte

They had myths about foxes that shapeshift into human form as well. In fact, this myth is FAR more prevalent.

So, shapeshifting canine aliens from the dog star controlling every aspect of every govenrment on Earth?

Dogs eat snakes, you know.

JadeStar

Excellent points. I tried to make the same one but essentially this idea is almost a religion to some. When faced with contradictory evidence they just turn away and run back to the familiar narrative which has been falsified.

That said, don't be surprised if a show about doglike aliens coming to Earth doesn't spawn a whole new mythos of canine aliens from Sirius

So many people have trouble separating what is produced in Hollywood from reality. It's shocking.
edit on 2-1-

What the HELL are you two on about?! I'm confused.

How can you not see that it is YOU who is turning this into an argument about the validity of the 'Reptillian' claims, when in fact the topic of discussion is the ORIGINS of the myth.

IntelligentHoodlum never once said he was claiming the myth is true, and in fact CLEARLY STATES he is not attempting to claim/disclaim the myth, but is pointing out that the origins lie further back in time than the 80s.

Harte; The thread is about the origins of the Reptillian-aliens story, which DOES go back to early stories of such entities. Why are you talking about fox's for gods sake? The thread is about the ORIGINS of the REPTILLIANS.

Are you claiming that the only reason we focus on reptillians and not foxes is because of the show 'V'? That is cool, but what's the influence for the show 'V'? God forbid it be abduction experiences and the Reptillian god mythos. Are you suggesting 'V' is completely influenced by a scientists claims of a possible Reptillian humanoid?

And don't worry, I haven't forgot about our discussion in another thread and will get back to that.

Perhaps, you don't fully buy into the possibility that the alien interpretation is simply a modern attempt to rationalise some of these myths (by people who take these Reptillian myths as 'real' accounts). But the point is, the modern alien hypothesis cannot be seperated from the ancient myths, as the ancient myths are used by propagants of the theory as evidence. They are connected, and hence it is dishonest to attempt to make the Reptillian myth seem like a product of a few different factors in the 80s. There are more factors at hand - I don't think myself or IntelligentHoodlum have attempted to claim anymore so than that.

I can only assume this thread wants to SOLELY focus on the 'physical alien from Draco' aspect? In which case, sure the OP can be borderline acceptable. But it is still unjust to exclude the ancient myths, as they have likely played a part in the conception of the modern myth. If there were absolutely ZERO or minimal accounts of serpent worship/cosmic reptillians/shape-shifting reptillians/god and ruler reptillians in our ancient past - would the theory be as likely to have 'reached this stage'?

Regarding Icke; His theories are based off the ancient mythos. So, how can you use Icke as an explanation for the modern myth, but ignore the actual basis of what Icke draws that myth from. Of course, it is possible his whole POV is drawn from 'V', but if you actually listen to the guy talk for longer than 30 mins on the topic, you'll realise he's been significantly more influenced by substances such as Ayahuasca (see my previous post regarding Dr Straussman) and ancient mythologies.

I'm sorry, but I honestly think you can't seperate it like that. I thought my earlier post made this clear but I didn't even have the honour of a reply.

JadeStar;, you dissappoint me slightly.

You make a thread with some incomplete information (I.e Ickes theory on the reptillians), ignorance or no consideration of Reptillian abduction experiences pre-dating 'V', ignorance of 'spiritual' events involving reptillian humanoids pre-dating 'V', and the whole collection of similar 'reptillian' mythos dating back thousands and thousands of years. The fact is, you use Icke as a propagant of the Reptillian hypothesis, but his shape-shifting/dual entity ideas are pre-dated by 2000+ years. Shouldn't the priority of this thread be to provide the full range of information influencing such ideas - rather than trivialising it to 2 or 3 main points.

Nothing to do with validity and everything to do with the full wealth of influence and information surrounding the mythos.

And THEN, when someone brings to your attention the fact that the myth (or atleast some strong aspects of it) pre-date the 80s - you get personally defensive and turn this into a question of validity rather than a question of historical honesty concerning the ORIGINS of the mythos.

To top it all off, you gang up with Harte on IntelligentHoodlum and attempt to patronise him - when he infact is not by any means necessary arguing the validity of the myth. How are you so blind to this? I don't get it. Hoodlum was VERY CLEAR he is talking about the origins and not the validity.

If you believe the ancient myths had no part to play in the modern myth, then fair play. But there's better ways to do it than turning this into an argument of validity. Just say it nice and clear.

Can I ask; why do you two think there is NO NEED to include the ancient Reptillian mythos when talking about the origins of the modern Reptillian mythos? Especially when there are overlapping factors. I know people who have never heard of 'V' but have through researching serpent worship become intrigued in the idea of an ancient Reptillian race. So, for them, the origins lie in the ancient mythos and not in 'V' and a scientists claims. That's just one example of why I think the ancient mythos should be included when discussing how the modern Reptillian hypothesis got to the stage it's at today.

Deny Ignorance.
edit on 4-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Due to the way this planet operates naturally our landscape can change beyond recognition or suddenly disappear under the sea or lift up from the sea bed. As it has been doing this since its beginning its not surprising to realize that much of the ancient past is destroyed and also over time simply decays into dust.
Most of our records of man are from parts of skeletal remains and we are lucky when we get full skeletons of dinosaurs, humans and everything else.

Due to the huge age of the planet there has been time for all sorts of life forms to evolve and naturally disappear that we will probably never find any trace of whatsoever. Our luck is DNA and how far back that can take us and can link us to various species etc.

However man's psychological fears do seem to me to have a pattern and that seems to stem from the physical form of the snake, dragon, crocodile etc but its always scaly almost snake faced unless it has a face with a threatening jaw full of teeth etc. The fact that people did not choose to leave drawings of some of the creatures that put fear into them both asleep and awake isn't really surprising. What often gets forgotten is that most people did not learn to write until only a few hundred of years ago, so records of our fears and their archetypes didn't get a lot of press, but that didn't mean that archetype is not incredibly old and who knows to what these fears originated from.

The devil is a classical man-made bogey reptilian because of the different types of devil portrayed by different cultures and artists, some of which were probably scaled, hooked, horny bits and tails etc. The popular one of the goats horned and hoover individual seems a little tame to really frighten adults with and perhaps was watered down so not to turn kiddies away from religion - who knows.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

DazDaKing

Harte; The thread is about the origins of the Reptillian-aliens story, which DOES go back to early stories of such entities. Why are you talking about fox's for gods sake? The thread is about the ORIGINS of the REPTILLIANS.

If this is what you wish to claim, then please quote and cite any ancient writings concerning these myths that claim the reptilians are aliens and trying to control mankind.

This is the myth the thread is about.

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Want an example of shapeshifting reptilians from way before the 80's?

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure there are numerous other examples.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

From where? Earth...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What if "ALL" of it is true, with multiple reptile/Saurin type races out there with some originating from intelligent dinosaurs, some from other planets and some from parallel/alternate timelines and other dimensions?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DazDaKing

Thanks for bringing back some sanity into this thread, DazDaKing. I truly gave up and decided to let them spread their disinfo by twisting the OP as they saw fit.

I am happy that someone is paying attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Harte

DazDaKing

If this is what you wish to claim, then please quote and cite any ancient writings concerning these myths that claim the reptilians are aliens and trying to control mankind.

This is the myth the thread is about.

Harte

No! You're wrong.

Firstly, that's NOT what this thread is about. That's YOUR interpretation of the Reptillian myth. The OP doesn't focus on the alien aspect, as both dinosauroid (I.e terrestrial) entities AND alien/Draco extra-terrestrial entities are mentioned - so we are evidently discussing the Reptillian mythos in GENERAL.

Secondly, your statement "trying to control mankind", derives from serpents being associated with certain creators or rulers in the past. If a creator/ruler isn't a controller of mankind - what is?

Thirdly, your warrior-skeptic tactic of asking people to do their research for you is boring. Why should I go out my way, using my mobile phone, to dig up information for you?

IntelligentHoodlum gave you links regarding some ancient myths. Do I really have to show you ancient beliefs regarding the serpent as a 'ruler' or 'creator/God'?

Finally, just to show you (and Jade) that this predates the 80s - a 30 second search (on Wikipedia!) provides this:

Alien abduction narratives sometimes allege contact with reptilian creatures.[5] One of the earliest reports was that of Ashland, Nebraska police officer Herbert Schirmer, who claims to have been taken aboard a UFO in 1967 by humanoid beings with a slightly reptilian appearance, who wore a "winged serpent" emblem on the left side of their chests.[6]

A 1934 Los Angeles Times article may have been the origin of such beliefs. The article reported that a geophysical mining engineer claimed to have discovered subterranean labyrinths beneath Los Angeles to an underground city built by an advanced race of "Lizard People" to escape surface catastrophes some 5,000 years ago. This article, however, had remained obscure in the intervening years, even amongst consumers of conspiracy theories.[18]

Happy? It did NOT 'ORIGINATE' in the 80s, it was merely brought to wide-scale pop culture. That is not the origin, unless we have defined a new meaning for the word.

Peace.

edit on 5-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Happy? It did NOT 'ORIGINATE' in the 80s, it was merely brought to wide-scale pop culture. That is not the origin, unless we have defined a new meaning for the word.

It's the origin of how alien reptile people made it into "wide scale pop culture". That's how I read it. I don't think anyone is arguing that there were other types of lizard men in our subconscious from before. It's also evident that these could have been frog people or amphibiods since people have a hard time distinguishing.

Bird people are good. I once had an encounter with the Eagle People who were defeated by the Saints.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ZetaRediculian

It's the origin of how alien reptile people made it into "wide scale pop culture". That's how I read it. I don't think anyone is arguing that there were other types of lizard men in our subconscious from before. It's also evident that these could have been frog people or amphibiods since people have a hard time distinguishing.

Bird people are good. I once had an encounter with the Eagle People who were defeated by the Saints.

Oh, really?

All I can see in the OP is the attempt to answer the question:

"Where did this Reptillians stuff come from"

And NOT how the Reptillians myth became pop culture. Evidently, the OP actually has no sense of goal - since the title encompasses the concept of 'alien' yet the first piece of 'evidence' presented for the origin of the myth regards the evolution of Earth occupying dinosaurs.

Regardless, there are origins of both the non-alien and alien concepts which have been completely ignored in the OP.

If the goal of this thread was to explain how it became pop culture (what a nice way to avoid claiming error), then this should have been clearly stated; as this 'reptillians stuff' predates the 80s - and hence the OP is misleading on several levels.

Am I doing anything more than denying ignorance? If someone had NO prior information or knowledge regarding the entirety of the Reptillian mythos, would the OP provide them the whole scale of factors which contributed to the modern myth? Honestly?

And by modern myth I mean: a Reptillian race interacting with mankind. The alien aspect is subjective based on who's pushing the theory as well as the current control of mankind. Some believe they are returning but ruled us a great time ago, for example. The OP makes no distinction, since Earth-Reptillians are discussed (which generally links to the subterranean/old Gods interpretation of the Reptillian mythos) as well as 'V' type ruler aliens from another planet, as well as Icke's 'interdimensional'/'Spiritual' interpretation of the mythos.

Yet, this thread presents itself as some sort of 101: guide to the Reptillians that will provide any newbie the knowledge required to comprehend the Reptillian mythos - and this is simply not the case. Complete factors are excluded. Why is this not only acceptable, but defended vigorously when one brings to the attention of the OP the other factors that have influenced the myth.

Rule number #1 of attempting to explain (or apparently discredit based on this thread) an idea is to provide the whole range of factors that the idea originates from. Anything less provides a biased and incomplete viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

intelligenthoodlum33

Thanks for bringing back some sanity into this thread, DazDaKing. I truly gave up and decided to let them spread their disinfo by twisting the OP as they saw fit.

I am happy that someone is paying attention.

It's a perfectly reasonable line of analysis, and since the OP didn't seem to have a problem with it I guess you are the one who isn't paying attention.

Or did you just need to cry "disinfo agents!" again? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? I guess complete lack of self awareness is one of the symptoms.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join