It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of the Species: Rise of the Reptilian Alien Mythos and Its Unlikely Source

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The hypothetical evolved saurian and Battlestar Gallactica are merely recent incarnations of the 'reptillian' humaniod. Mythologies from all over world incorporate some sort of snake or lizard-men.

What's next, Twilight invented vampires and werewolves?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
Mythologies from all over world incorporate some sort of snake or lizard-men.

bitsforbytes
lies lies lies! They are here, th...they hide! Among us. Maybe you are one of them?

One thing is for sure is that humans have been fascinated with snakes and snakes or some kind of reptile was incorporated in their culture and beliefs.

I think there is something to this.

bitsforbytes

You always see references to snakes in so many things: The Egyptians, the Sumerians, in the bible, other African tribes, Hindus, Chinese (dragon), South Americans. Different continents with the same animal revered in some way.

roncoallstar

Excuse me but you are wrong. If you knew anything about the Anasazi, Hopi and Zuni myths and legends, you would know that even they themselves say what they are. This is not an interpretation. These myths and legends come directly from the descendants of these tribes themselves. Unless of course you are saying you know better than these Native Americans did, and you believe they are just crazy.

intelligenthoodlum33

I am sorry, but your theory is flat out wrong. Hopi Indians as well as the Chinese have many stories of shape shifting reptilians that predate your scientist from 1980 and 1940's Hollywood.
www.dragonorama.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Looking at it logically, of course humans would be wary of snakes, alligators, crocodiles etc. An encounter with a venomous snake or a bite from wrestling with an alligator or crocodile was pretty likely lethal in a pre-medicine ancient world.

They're even still dangerous today, though less so because we can treat people medically who unfortunately have such an encounter today.

So historically there were very good reasons why different ancient cultures would be worried about things of a reptile nature and would depict reptiles in carvings, artwork, glyphs, feature them in their own mythology etc.

But these reasons have nothing to do with mythical intelligent reptoid aliens "from the constellation Draco". There are just as many mythologies about lions, tigers, bears, etc. Does that mean that if someone posts a video on youtube with a story about interacting with Catlike aliens we shouldn't question it because "Big cats feature in plenty of ancient people's mythology?"

Of course not!

Things which impacted human survival, such as encounters with wild animals are reflected in the drawings, carvings and sculptures of ancient peoples for good reason. The same reason you tell your kids not to play with matches. Cause they were dangerous!

There is even recent research that our current phobias are linked to our distant ancestors traumatic events.

See this article: Phobias may be memories passed down in genes from ancestors

.... new research has shown that it is possible for some information to be inherited biologically through chemical changes that occur in DNA.

Researchers at the Emory University School of Medicine, in Atlanta, found that mice can pass on learned information about traumatic or stressful experiences – in this case a fear of the smell of cherry blossom – to subsequent generations.

The results may help to explain why people suffer from seemingly irrational phobias – it may be based on the inherited experiences of their ancestors.

Since being fearful of that monitor lizard or a snake is considered irrational now, the mind's way of rationalizing it may simply to have been to move on to Reptilian aliens. Because its hard to argue that a fear of aliens is irrational at this point, since other than some anecdotes of a dubious nature we have no evidence they exist much less what their disposition towards humanity might be.

So this ancient phobia of reptiles instead may have mixed with pop culture Reptilian alien fever in the 1980s and thus a new Modern myth was born: A fear of 'reptilian aliens' in human disguise.

And the resulting rise of reptilian entities associated with UFOs and abductions in the 1980s and beyond.
edit on 31-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Why go to the 70s when the 90s had better information and technology

as far as origins my brain is still shot from learning elsewhere on another thread but still nice to see you around and please don't take my monster bat

LOL David Icke researcher eh stacked full of belief bias and television quality spin, reminds me of a sport fan that will rattle off a bunch of numbers that has no clue on math just understands one number is better then the other cause hes number one baby whoaaaa!
edit on 30-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

He he! I remember this programme... NOT THE MAMA!!!!
2nd...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

coastlinekid
reply to post by olaru12

I always considered the Creature from the black lagoon as amphibian...he has gills..

Isn't it true also that turtles are amphibious, and are also reptiles, I mean the word "amphibious". Basically means a creature that can operate on land and water, after all, a frog does not have gills does it?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

JadeStar

Tucket

JadeStar

Tucket
reply to post by JadeStar

"I also hope in the interest of Denying Ignorance this finally puts the Reptilian Alien myth to rest"

The reptilian myth spans thousands of years and you're putting it to bed in a single thread??

Those petroglyphs are not representative of "reptilian aliens".

You dont know that. Your re just shrugging off the stories, artifacts etc as unrelated to serve the relevance of your thread.

Not at all. I recognize them for what they are. Stories. Fictions. Myths. And modern day shoehorning them into the "Ancient Alien" narrative, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Not to mention, most of those petroglyphs look nothing like these supposed "reptilians".

They represent animal spirits, gods, etc.

Perhaps you should talk with cultural anthropologists about those artifacts, you know, people who actually have a better understanding of the subtleties of distinct cultures, their languages, mythology, religion etc.... rather than just listen to this guy:

One doesn't need "stories" when one understand their historical and cultural context.

edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on
30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

On a side note, slightly off topic, did you know that GEORGE TSOUKALAKAS's hair actually has its own facebook page!? Its a funny old world, eh?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

JadeStar

LDragonFire
Dinosaurs lived for over 250 million years, it seems like they had plenty of time to evolve into higher forms before the k/T event. If they did evolve how would we know?

Fossilized Bones. Plain and simple. The same way we know they existed at all.
edit on 30-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Not plain and simple at all.
All the fossilised dinosaur bones, of all the species of that era, have NOT been discovered.
Most will have been destroyed.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I starred and flagged your thread - because you have obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it.
However - you do sound very biased against the 'new age ' people - who ever they are ?
Perhaps a definition would be helpful.

Additionally, your conclusions are just as speculative as the so called 'new age' peoples are...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Turtles are not amphibious. They have to come up for air every few hours.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Reptilian Humanoid myth just seems a bit far sketched sometimes, due to the unlikely in what we view in evolution and natural selection. I wouldn't know personally if they were possible.

Due to what we know of reptiles from a earthly standard, they are in term far more into their instincts then mammals, and are more or less solitary hunters compared to apes being in groups or packs. But then some dinosaurs were pack hunters themselves, like raptors, and there are some guess that the T-Rex was some what a pack hunter in some cases.

An advanced reptile race would have had a long time developing their technology as well as developing socially, whether or not they were smart enough to blow themselves up over territory and mating.

I think it is the possibility as well as how unlikely from just a general view.

So a chimp in space can dream I guess.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I just saw Dr. Who and they had reptilians living underground. Must be true.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
While I do not think that Reptilians control the world I do feel that they are a real part of the UFO/extraterrestrial phenomenon. There are cases dating back to before the 1980s and Dale Russels "Dinosauroid" and the show V.

One of my favorites sites is ufoinfo.com and a search of the terms "reptilian" & "Reptoid", found around 20-30 cases of pre 1980s encounters with reptilian beings or descriptions of being with reptile characteristics. Yes by the early to mid 90s there are ALOT more cases, many almost surely BS.

Yes there are other animal deities in ancient cultures and religions other that reptilian in nature but the reptile types seem to make up there own fair share.

Resources:
en.m.wikipedia.org...
en.m.wikipedia.org...
www.monstropedia.org...
www.reptoids.com...
frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Great thread astronomer lady.
Well researched and set out.

Now if we can only get you to listen to some of our dinosaur UFO music (instead of that infernal din young people call music), you may be able to convince me there's something to this 'astronomy' (and ergo, science) racket.

Also, massively in your favour (and OT like much else of my brief commentary), is the fact that you can use apostrophes correctly. Not a failing of youth alone, but it makes a grumpy grammarian happy to see such a thing.

edit on 1-1-2014 by cuckooold because: pedant

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Really? pfffff Nice try. Dis info much? Listen to me everyone. Reps are ultra-dimensional and very real. This person is ignorant as can be. No offense to you. Just denying your surface rubbish. Isn't that what ATS is for? Oh wait I nearly forgot it's a disinformation site oh yeah..silly me.
edit on 1/1/2014 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Happy new year!!

reptilians are known to earth since Atlantis, 13000 ago. The myth of Medussa and Perseas in another universe fernandosiquierart.deviantart.com...

is the first reptilians recorded, having a war with human race. Gods in ancient stories fight and killed snakes, also I ve said it a couple of times in other topics, we have a book from the 15th-16th century that presents reptilians as a race and not as a myth or fairytale, nor art or stories.. It is extra terrestrials, nothing to do with dinosaurs. They want people to think that " they may exist " and " if they exist" they are "part of dino revolution".... thats stupid. Because they want you to think that they are superior and earth belongs to them.

In our records they came with 2 fleets, sthenos and evriali, after medusa destroyed. Moon and Lilith big ships. And thats how the adam and eva myth popped out. Also the system we live on, created by them. They also created a hybrid human race into this planet. Adam and Eva is a promise against humans.
today you know these abominations with different names... Such as " white and black brotherhood" " lilithians and samaelians".. lol Hong, etc.

First of all, if they where superior or older, on earth than us, they shouldnt be hiding. That alone proves the oposite.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

Totally agreed that reptilians are a real part of the ufology as are grey aliens. Just to put it in perspective though their is said to be 40000 grey aliens on this planet and if their are about 8 billion of us that is 200000 of us to every grey alien. Now say their are approx 400 reptilians on the planet as they are supposed to be rare that is 20 million of us to every reptilian. What is exactly the truth with the alien races and what is not the truth is hard to determine as their are so many myths around and many of these myths are likely to be exagerations or outright lies. With some of the interdimentionals (what abrahamic religions refer to as angels or demons) i have no doubt that these can shapeshift in to many different forms and that they can control people including world leaders by simply taking them over. i do not believe that the reptilians are taking over the world. The reptilians would probally take much longer to evolve to levels of technology and spiritial awareness than humans thus the more dense/slower vibration souls in the universe may take this form but may up grade to other forms as they progress though their incarnations and their vibration gets faster. This may be where the stories of more advanced galaxies getting rid of the reptilians comes from.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Based on my own photographic evidence....I tend to speculate that the so called "Greys" are in fact highly evolved warm blooded dinosauroid humanoids from another star system.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread on the origins of how the term "Reptilians" became associated with aliens but the origins go back much further to Demons, Djinn, Fallen Angels etc... Gnostics referred to them as Archons!! Remember, certain animals cannot see rainbows so does that mean rainbows don't exist?! Reptilians do exist outside of our limited 5 senses!!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tajamscone32

There IS a more esoteric and dare I say, thoughtful, discussion about reptile/spiritual demi-god-like beings that permeate man's myths... and thus there might be fire making the smoke.

But the OP seems to be directed more to the relatively recent reptoid aliens pop culture phenomenon. The infinitely more stupid of the various scaly cold blooded themes.

I suppose one shouldn't throw the scaly baby out with the cold bathwater, but I'm personally tempted to do just that. Will I be surprised when I die and gain insight into the mysteries, and learn that I am in the thrall of egg laying bastards? A firm maybe.
edit on 1/1/2014 by Baddogma because: ditch a tired cliche for a freshly rested one

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Not here to claim the Reptillian theories are true, but the origins lie far deeper than the 1980s lol. Serpent worship is effectively one of the oldest and culturally consistent (across the world) types of worship to have occurred in man's history. Several cultures believe we have been in 'contact' with an intelligent, reptile like race since our inception. Other cultures suggest the 'God's' they worshipped were of serpent like qualities or derived from the 'cosmic serpent'.

Shamans have been reporting contact with intelligent, apparently conscious reptillian entities, through the use of ancient and sacred substances, for a very long time (as well as a host of other animals of course). Then you have culture specific stories of Reptillian humanoids such as the Naga.

Throughout sacred scriptures across the world the snake/serpent/reptile is held as a creator and ruler. The Gnostics of ancient times spoke of 'Archons', inorganic entities who arose before our universe and can take the image of a serpent or reptile creature. There are many stories like this.

Furthermore, 'Dragons' were often held in sacred light and considered to be beyond human wisdom and intelligence, and also of having 'free will'. While not humanoid Reptillians, it adds to the general obsessiveness with grand reptiles in our ancient past.

So, although shows like 'V' and claims of possible Reptillian-humanoid evolution (which infact now has stronger evidence, as I remember seeing a study stating the specific type of DNA the dinosaurs contained could be more likely to reach an 'intelligent' stage than ours - # knows how they figured that out), did most probably fuel the modern Reptillian theories to the extent they're at now - the overall idea of either;

1) Cosmic/God reptiles
2) 'Ruler' serpents/'draconian' tactics
3) Reptillian humanoids
4) Inorganic 'form-changing' reptillians

All date back to our earliest cultures, and possibly long before written history.

Oh yeah, Rick Straussman's (Harvard Prof. Of Psychology) book; 'The Spirit Molecule', was based around his conducting of the only official study ever done on a certain shamanic substance, and a significantly large (over 60% I believe) proportion of the subjects reported contact with either cosmic like serpents or straight up Reptillian humanoids, and these same people were often VERY dismissive of Straussman's proposal of purely psychological effects. Infact, Straussman himself eventually changed his opinion to that of believing these 'entities' were very much real and that we simply are out of our 'depth' with these things.

Interestingly, Straussman found a large overlap in symptoms of his subjects and people who experienced a 'UFO abduction', especially with people reporting 'reptilian entities'. You HAVE to take into account that abduction experiences detailing 'reptillians' pre-dates the show 'V', and was very likely part of the influence for the story. This actually helped divide the UFO community into 2 - with some believing the abductions were 'real', physical events, and others believing they were 'spiritual' attacks by an unknown source. The 'physical' Reptillian alien theory derives from these factors, though the actual phenomenon of a 'reptilian' intelligence that is 'above us' stretches back thousands and thousands of years.

It is also noteworthy that amounts of snake venom can leave a person in a similar 'state', interacting with serpent entities and such.

It is also important to add that David Icke does NOT propose 'physical' shape-shifting reptillians from another planet, give the man a break! He, surprisingly, is actually clued up on quite a few things (interaction between universe and body, the global state of the world etc) and his 'reptilian' theories are completely based on shamanic substance use and research into ancient culture. That is to say, he proposes an outside 'intelligence' to our 5-sense world, that 'plays' with our world in a sense. He believes these entities take a Reptillian form when humans do actually perceive their state - that's all.

Completely different from a physical, travelling race from the Draco constellation.

Just thought I'd clear that up. You should do your full research before you attempt to convince people what to believe the origin of something is.

Edit; just read some of your replies in this thread Jade and I realise you are clued up to this. I still think it should be included in the OP, as you cannot implicitly dissect the whole history of the 'reptilian' obsession from the recent phenomenon, without isolating people to the whole wealth of knowledge surrounding the subject.

So, although what you have said has definitely influenced the Reptillian-alien hypothesis, the fact is that groups of people such as the Gnostics were saying the same thing over 2,000 years ago.

I believe serpent worship goes beyond 'man scared of snake so man worship snake'. I believe, what has allowed it to sustain itself in magnitude across cultures throughout history is more deeply linked to 'altered states of consciousness', and that ultimately allowed the shift from 'spiritual' Reptillian to 'physical'/alien Reptillian.

If someone read your OP with none of this prior knowledge, they would simply assume this Reptillian stuff is a product of crackpot theorists, a dodgy scientist and a TV show lol. And lets be honest, we both know the roots go further back. Doesn't it deserve a full 'shake down'?

edit on 1-1-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

cuckooold
Great thread astronomer lady.
Well researched and set out.

Thank you! And Happy New Year!

Now if we can only get you to listen to some of our dinosaur UFO music (instead of that infernal din young people call music), you may be able to convince me there's something to this 'astronomy' (and ergo, science) racket.

I love Bowie, Hendrix, Sabbath, a lot of that dinosaur UFO music, but I also like Muse, Janelle Monae, Megadeth, hell, even Lady Gaga.
One can like both dinosauroid UFO music and current stuff ya know?

Also, massively in your favour (and OT like much else of my brief commentary), is the fact that you can use apostrophes correctly. Not a failing of youth alone, but it makes a grumpy grammarian happy to see such a thing.

Thank you. It's one of my pet peeves too but be careful, if you read my stuff close enough you'll notice I make a lot of mistakes with the use of the possessive apostrophe. But like you said, I at least try to use it.

edit on 1-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join