It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin Replaces Jesus This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I find this thing disgusting and shameful, some people just want to get their 15min of "fame" all i can say at this moment.

www.scpr.org...

guardianlv.com...

attention whores...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

This is disgusting, I can't how these people would think that this in any way shape or form would be thought provoking, the only thing in my opinion this is provoking is a round of property damage and a lot of angry religious people.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Freedom of speech and expression is fine, even if I find it offensive I would not vandalize it or get too upset.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Neither would I but face reality, there is tons of people that would, I don't deny there rights to do this display, I however can't claim I condone it either.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Most people celebrate it sitting by a Christmas tree and sharing dinner with their loved ones.

I dunno what this guy was saying, but it seemed to me that, it wasn't making any sense at all.
Why would people do this and even you tube the thing ?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Distasteful, they could of found a better way to honor (if that's what you wanna call it) him. Both figures....jah ezussss, too!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think i would be super pissed if i was christian.

I dont even understand the relevance of of it, its just provocative for the sake of it. I think its distasteful and highly disrespectful to Christians. What is that guy thinking?

But i have to let it go as i dont believe in censorship in art.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What a way to make a name for yourself, jeez.

I agree with what someone else said. go ahead, have your freedom and I will choose to think of it as I will without crying for it to come down.

This is stupid though, it would seem to me that this guy just wants to make a name for himself, off a tragedy that already has caused fighting amongst too many people. Shameful way to do it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Pro-tip, anybody that uses the word "privilege" with a straight face when they're talking about most issues, it's best to take anything they say or do after that with a huge grain of salt.

A lot of the time, you can see how they have a few good points here and there, but most of the time their view of reality is extremely skewed.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
typical modern moron BS....skittles and arizona tea will replace the bible.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If it makes Megyn Kelly's head explode
then it's worth it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

rupertg
If it makes Megyn Kelly's head explode
then it's worth it.

For that to happen first she would need a brain. She used to have one but that bottle of peroxide she got her blonde hair from has already eaten hers away.

The guy said he wanted to make something controversial I say mission accomplished.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Really pathetic and nonsensical. This shows just how sick religions can get. No sense of dividing truth from fiction and a waste of time and money. The effort and money spent here could have given some one a decent dinner instead of promoting discourse. These guys need a WPA to keep them tired and at home where they belong. Go build a bridge or pave a road or do something that is constructive. Listening to this crap day in and day out is pathetic.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The fact this was trolled up here makes me indignant, the issue itself is not my problem but the way it is re hashed for points which sickens me.

Barf, or to reiterate vomitus.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In one way all innocent beings can be seen as Jesus child waiting for god to connect with him. I do not really know if Trayvon Martin was a good kid or a messed up kid gone bad since I can only go by the media and they can lie thru their teeth. But there gotta be other people who you can be more sure about not having any issues, that you can use as a model for the insanity of violence.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It's amazing the lengths some white people will go to try to prove that they are not racist or they are "totally cool with black people". I think it's a result of all the constant cries of racism so people feel they need to do whatever it takes to separate themselves as "one of the good ones" out of all the imaginary racist white people out there. I don't believe in racism personally. What people refer to as racism is merely fear of the unknown or reacting based on past experiences which any bad experiences with a person of another race is going to stick out more in your mind just because of the visual difference of that person is going to have more of an impact on your memory. Tricks of the mind, nothing more.

Ok I take that back, racism does exist but the only true racist is the one who admits it openly without fear. They have a phikosophy. Anyone else who denies it, even if their actions show otherwise, are almost always not racist but merely victims of their own fear of the unknown or a biased memory that has a bigger impact due to the distinctive visual cues associated with it. Of course in situations in a court of law, where there are serious consequences involved, someone who is a true racist may deny it. But I believe there are very few true racists so looking for them around every corner is paranoia. So i believe in racism just not as rampant as most people think.

And every human is guilty of the fear of the unknown. But most of us have, through multiple interactions with people of other races and or a well informed upbringing, overcome these fears for the most part. The fears are understandable. Coming into contact with a person of another race, you don't know what their culture is like exactly unless you've experienced enough of it. You don't know if they share the same values as you, it makes them appear to be more unpredictable. Which triggers a fear response which humans react to with either honest fear or overblown bravado that can turn into cruelty or mistreatment because your brain justifies it as "as long as I'm established as the superior one here then there is nothing to fear". Anyway this is why religion, when done properly, can eliminate these fears because you then have a higher degree of confidence that this person does indeed share many of the same values with you.

Anyway, I see this as a psychological reaction of a white person living in a world where all whites are demonized and considered racist before they have even uttered a word or taken an action. A desperate attempt to validify and solidify their reputation as "one of the few good ones". He assumes people will say "well he sure can't be racist or there's no way he would replace the traditionally (yet perhaps not accurately) white jesus with a black person!"
My 2 cents. And I fully admit I could be way off. About all of what I said. But it feels right.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

What i feel bad about this is not Christmas or Trayvon, i dont care about them in reality, what i find sickening is the use of current events just to grab attention, I'm sure they knew some people would find this distasteful and that's why they made it. At the end this is the same as the current Russian bombings some people just using Olympics to carry their agenda seeking publicity, i hope this Methodist Church realize that there is more people out there seeking their 15 minutes and after they made their publicity stunt some may want to use them too for fame and glory, cant wait for the next headline: religious zealot get his gun...

new topics

top topics

join