It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Military Power 'Holds The World Together'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just imagine, without it, the world would fall apart!

www.jewishpolicycenter.org...

How U.S. Military Power Holds the World Together

Nations, like nature, abhor a vacuum. It must be filled. How it is filled, by whom and with what are the challenging questions. Unlike nature, which seeks to fill a vacuum with whatever is handy and can be stuffed or sucked into the space available, nations rely on power, relationships and institutions to fill vacuums that arise in the international system. Political vacuums can readily be filled by raw power and the domination of the strong over the weak. Or they can be filled by the rule of law and a community of nations.

Twice in the last 60-plus years the United States chose to fill the vacuum caused by the collapse of old institutions, relationships, and power centers. After World War II, along with key allies, the U.S. created an entirely new international order with a set of democratic institutions and international agreements that have endured to this day. America, again in concert with many allies, also built a security apparatus and military machine of global reach and power unlike any seen in peacetime. When the Soviet Union collapsed, the United States did not simply declare victory and go home. Rather, even while reducing the size of its military, America chose to remain in the world, forward deployed, and committed to maintaining and even expanding long-established alliances and security relationships. As a result, the world was able to weather difficult and dangerous transitions and create or maintain a viable international system. In both cases, nations, including America's former adversaries, had the opportunity to become part of that system and to flourish.

So we see, the US created a new international world order, and nations that were once enemies, are given the change become part of America's new internation world order in order to flourish.

U.S.A! USA!
The U.S.A has unparalleled military power.
This is a compilation of some of America's powerful weapons, like the F22 Raptor and M1 Abrams tank, I also featured the USS freedom.

God bless the United States of America and its Allies -67claudius3

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is all assuming that the US government really tells it's military what to do.

I move from the supposition that the US government does what it is told to do with it's forces.

The Navy makes vastly more money selling services, utilities, protection? around the world than it gets from tax dollars. It funds its own research, contracts the manufacture of its own weapons and ammunition, and it serves to safeguard the natural resource/political interest for those who own it. Not necessarily America.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
This is all assuming that the US government really tells it's military what to do.

I move from the supposition that the US government does what it is told to do with it's forces.

The Navy makes vastly more money selling services, utilities, protection? around the world than it gets from tax dollars. It funds its own research, contracts the manufacture of its own weapons and ammunition, and it serves to safeguard the natural resource/political interest for those who own it. Not necessarily America.

Its far more complex and less all at the same time.

Its a layer cake of corruption, all coated with a frosting of good intentions and patriotism.

Layers consist of the branches of our government, and the career politicians in it.

Followed with Special interest, which include the Military Industrial complex and the Banking Interest that Fuels it (fed unlimited credit).

Its a self feeding system, thats Hijacked, killed and skinned what america Stood for, and wears it as a cover to gather its ill gained wealth.

Who calls the Shots?

Human Greed, each looking out for himself, gets us to where we are now.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Exactly!!!

As soon as the globalists get their agenda finished the US military will continue to be a strong force. ONCE the chips are in place, then kiss them good bye! They will be replaced with brutal psychopathic mercenaries employed by the Corporations.......

Just take a look a America's current brutal wrong doings of certain members of law enforcement...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Somehow I do not think so!

Payback is a # and we are asking for it!

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Like a hug. America just wants to give a world a cuddly bear hug. And a smooch on the cheek!
edit on 28-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

beezzer

Like a hug. America just wants to give a world a cuddly bear hug. And a smooch on the check!

With a quick reach around for a prostate exam...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Might I suggest instead Duct tape?

edit on 28-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Holds, as the predator consumes prey. This is a standard feature of the imperial cycle. This feature has never been sustainable longer than about 1500 years

Often, it's a much shorter period of time.

I believe there will be an empire to usher in the extinction of homo sapiens. Will it be the US? I wish I knew. The alarming truth about run-away climate change is being suppressed by corporations and automatons. The USG knows and is getting ready for civil unrest according to the NSA leaked docs.

down the rabbit hole

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It probably does. Like the UK did duering the 1800's

The problem is the USA like the UK did is getting too arrogant and too big for its boots.

It needs to scale things back. Not give up being a super power but try and scale the warmongering and spying back and start working on the things it was known and loved for again like science and tecnology.
edit on 28-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Might I suggest instead Duct tape?

edit on 28-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

That actually Works!

Do tape a car to a pole someday!

One roll will hold a car to the pole!

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

crazyewok
It probably does. Like the UK did duering the 1800's

The problem is the USA like the UK did is getting too arrogant and too big for its boots.

It needs to scale things back. Not give up being a super power but try and scale the warmongering and spying back and start working on the things it was known and loved for again like science and tecnology.
edit on 28-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Or at Lease bring the Made in The US Back!

That would solve 80% of the Problem!

Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In another thread I was recently chastised because I dared to suggest that we (America) apologise to the Queen and take us back as a colony.

America can't be a world-dominating force (American Imperialism) and remain a representative republic at the same time.

Rome couldn't.
Great Britain tried as well.
China attempted it.
The Soviet Union tried it also.

Even great countries need to learn humility. Great countries need to remember that it is the people that made the specific country great.

Government is just a mirror that reflects the darkest part of the people that it represents. And as a culture, we've become a very small, petty, selfish caricature of what we once were.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

beezzer
In another thread I was recently chastised because I dared to suggest that we (America) apologise to the Queen and take us back as a colony.

Hey you had your chance like Canada but you blew it in 1776

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

America does not give reach arounds, nor do we use lube.

Anything this nation does is in its best interest, whether economically or politically. We are not in the business of altruism. If our military is doing it, you can bet you last dollar our banks or business are benefitting.

Look to our late great Commandant of the Marine Corps, Smedley Butler to explain it.

edit on 28-12-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

crazyewok

beezzer

Hey you had your chance like Canada but you blew it in 1776

Blame it on Dr. Who. For some reason, even the TARDIS didn't ever want to go there.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
No, America's military doesn't hold the world together. Social engineering, mass media propaganda assuring you that being a wage slave is all there is for you in life and disinformation by a handful of incredibly rich families that control world bank's, world finance and world governments is what holds the "world" together.

America much like Rome is no more a world power than those that move the chess pieces wishes them to be. Our military is powerful but those who control it do so without wisdom or integrity. Our military is used not for the benefit of humanity but for the continuation of the petrodollar to be traded in American currency and so that the rich may indeed, get richer and most of whom are not even American.
edit on 28-12-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Should be there to defend us. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The financial control is seated in The City, London.

The last major displays of US forces have been in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When US forces took over, Iraqi economy was included to the influence of the financial world.
Other interests for Afghanistan, but no less profitable.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

I could not agree more. When you look at the wars around the world it seems that US is being used as a mercenary squad for economic interests. Syria is the latest example with the gas lines that is in dispute.

Assad refused to sign a proposed agreement with Qatar that would run a pipeline from the latter's North field, contiguous with Iran's South Pars field, through Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and on to Turkey, with a view to supply European markets - albeit crucially bypassing Russia. Assad's rationale was "to protect the interests of [his] Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplier of natural gas." Instead, the following year,

Assad pursued negotiations for an alternative $10 billion pipeline plan with Iran, across Iraq to Syria, that would also potentially allow Iran to supply gas to Europe from its South Pars field shared with Qatar. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the project was signed in July 2012 - just as Syria's civil war was spreading to Damascus and Aleppo - and earlier this year Iraq signed a framework agreement for construction of the gas pipelines.

www.thegu... ardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2013/aug/30/syria-chemical-attack-war-intervention-oil-gas-energy-pipelines

top topics

<<   2 >>

join