It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coolest Mayor in the World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jon Gnarr is the mayor of Reykjavik, Iceland. It’s safe to say that no politician has ever been this unique in the history of American politics…

source

I thought this was an uplifting read, Enjoy ATS! Dream on......

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

I wonder what it would cost to up and move to Iceland from Australia?

Oh goddammit....Fuku Fukushima!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Cool as Ice...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That's a really intriguing political figure...

Love to hear about the good ones. So many of them are rotten to the core these days.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Clearly this man should be the next Premiere of Scotland!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

hahah yeah Fuku, kinda throws a wrench in somethings. But I don't think it will cost to much.. Be well worth it . or maybe we have a Mr. Gnarr somewhere in our future.... I can dream cant I?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Hey Grifter, I like to hear about the good ones too. and he is awesome!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FawnyKate

I second that FawnyKate. I dig his vibe.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Okay, I hate to be superficial, since I know nothing about this guy, but he comes off as a clown who is more interested in flippancy and publicity than in getting anything done. Rob Ford, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto, has actually been shown to have been a somewhat effective mayor, personal issues aside.

What has this guy actually accomplished, politics wise, for the people of Reykjavik?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well for one he thinks he has a fix, for the decreasing population of the Faroe Islands. This is what Mayor Jón Gnarr said: "The Faroe Islands are amazing, with beautiful nature, remarkable history and culture. The solution is to reduce the significance of "christian values" and work towards equality of the sexes and a better social status for LGBT [Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender] people. There, Icelanders have a lot to give."

I, for one, agree. Out the window with the current archaic christian fundamentalist values, destroying all of the society's it inhabits.

He may not have a very lengthy record, of changing the state of an union.(being his first go at it and all) He is though the change we need, desire and deserve. He has IMO, givin' people hope and the guts, to back someone/thing different than the status quo. and has paved the way, for future politicians that have other agendas than bold faced lies and robbing it's citizens.

Mayor Jón Gnarr has been a very active supporter of LBGT people as well as supporting all human rights. He for examples participates in the Icelandic Gay Pride parade and festival every year.

Not to mention, he is a breath of fresh air. A much needed medicine here in the states... But I see some would like to continue breathing the foal, stagnate air our current politicians spew.

I'm sure your happy to know... He wont seek out another go at office.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I take that back......
edit on 26-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Mayor Jón Gnarr has been a very active supporter of LBGT people as well as supporting all human rights. He for examples participates in the Icelandic Gay Pride parade and festival every year.

That's fine, but that represents what, 5-10% of the population? The other 90% would probably hope for him to address issues of his office, rather than spending his time on parades and festivals.

Not to mention, he is a breath of fresh air. A much needed medicine here in the states…

I live in Minnesota, the state that elected a professional wrestler as governor (and that was pretty much his only qualification.) He was an unmitigated disaster, at least as far as Governors go.

"Fresh air", great. "Novice politician who doesn't know what he's doing", not so great.

I'm sure your happy to know... He wont seek out another go at office.

As a stated supporter of term limits, I applaud this, particularly for someone who apparently ran for office as a joke, and who is utterly unqualified for his office.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I agree with your points. I also, feel that this person winning the electoral vote could motivate some of our future leaders into choosing a career in politics. Ones that will have his mindset with knowledge and passion to be the change we all could benefit from.

I like his vibe. and I think the Icelandic community agrees. They would rather have a mindset like his, as opposed to the common criminal puppets we deal with currently. Again, I do see your point.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
HA Yes, just... Yes.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Eh I guess we're quick to forget that Obama was also considered to be the "cool" in 2008. Nothing ever changes but the faces in parliament.

On a lighter note his daughter is smoking hot!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

adjensen

Okay, I hate to be superficial, since I know nothing about this guy, but he comes off as a clown who is more interested in flippancy and publicity than in getting anything done. Rob Ford, the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto, has actually been shown to have been a somewhat effective mayor, personal issues aside.

What has this guy actually accomplished, politics wise, for the people of Reykjavik?

OMG you gotta be kidding me! Hahahahahahah

When I clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be about Ford. He's a terrible mayor. Lies all the time, touts all his accomplishments which are complete BS, and Ford Nation eats it all up. Now with the ice storm he refuses to call it a public emergency because then his remaining power would shift to the deputy mayor. Loved the people calling Ford a crackhead on the news after being without power for 5 days, after Ford said everyone was fine.

globalnews.ca...

Reasonable people would take this Icelandic mayor any day of the week over that clown Ford.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The Best party, lolol.

His daughter is smokin hot.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Hey DeadSnow. I haven't forgot Obama at all. I do remember MSM painting Obama as cool, Mostly I think because he was the first black prez. You have to admit Mayor Jon Gnarr is nothing like Obama don't even compare to Mr. O's stiff puppet LYING persona. Mr. Gnarr ran as a nobody got the majority vote and walked away.

Yes he ran with no experience, but the vibe he carries is hard to ignore. He is one of the people. Jokes, straight shooter and is like warm sunshine compared to Obama's winter cold politician repetitiveness, we see here in the states and parliament.

Yes, I agree his daughter is super hot!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

hahaha yeah I thought that was genius..."The Best Party" With that said... His daughter is amazing and could beat my ass to boot.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I agree with you TC. Ford is a joke. Worried, more about his position and Drugs, than his people, he represents.
Love your avatar.. Steve B, is the man!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join