It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

But in a recent interview with Failure magazine, Mr Eichar hinted at his conclusion, saying: 'The conclusion that I have come up with could only have happened with the help of modern science and the help of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.'
Jason Zasky, who interviewed Mr Eichar, also wrote that his theory: 'involves a particular type of repetitive wind event (one that could be produced by the topography of Dead Mountain), which in turn might have triggered panic-inducing infrasound.'
Mr Eichar has stayed tight-lipped about the specifics, but said the original investigator: 'couldn’t explain what happened because he lacked the science and technology to do so.'

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? Author claims new 'scientific' explanation for Dyatlov Pass incident that left investigators baffled

The Dyatlov Pass mystery has always intrigued me. I think the infrasound theory is a possibility, but is not all inclusive. That does not explain the weird broken bones and missing tongue and eyes from one of the young ladies. Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

I searched for this article on here and have not seen it, so my apologies if I missed it or if it is in the wrong forum.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't think it's very plausable,,wouldn't they have been wear hats or something to keep their ears/heads warm & thereby muffing out some of the sound ,,,if it was that windy why would the tents be still be standing?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont think the sound waves could have been intense enough, or last long enough to affect everyone in the party.

Snow covered much of the area and would hide most of any evidence that was there, that being footprints. Who would go out on a limb and suggest they were visited by a unwelcome visitor in the middle of the night.
The missing soft tissue most certainly is the result of predator by birds. The broken bones obviously comes from a violent encounter which most likely resulted in the other party members abandoning the camp in a emergency situation, too frightened to return.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

I think the infrasound theory is a possibility, but is not all inclusive. That does not explain the weird broken bones and missing tongue and eyes from one of the young ladies. Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

Indeed. So I would say this remains a mystery.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It could also be simply explained by an avalanche, they are good for breaking bones.

Animals like to eat eyes and lips.

And people dying of hypothermia tend to experience a feeling of being warm, which could explain some of the naked people.

Just something to think about, the simplest explanations are usually the correct ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is this the same incident where a six clawed appendage tore open the tent from the inside? And a human limb was found hanging up in a tree?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is reaching at best. The hikers didn't all die from exposure. There was evidence of massive blunt trauma in some victims and signs of radiation in others. I usually don't bitch about people writing books but the mention of it in the very first line of the article is a bit suspect. "Infrasound induced panic"? No.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nope, definitely not solved. I've never heard of infrasound causing instant insanity, for starters. We're not talking about mere disorientation here. And all the others circumstances...whoa. Sounds like a poor cover-up attempt.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

"original investigator: 'couldn’t explain what happened because he lacked the science and technology to do so."

That says it all to me!

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They actually appeared to suffer some kind of radation burns. Also, there tounges were cut out. No animal I know of would be capable of this. The only other time i've seen anything close to this, is cattle mutilations. They fled there tent in the middle of nowhere. Something was out there with them. The natives of the area have claimed to see strange lights in the sky for centuries.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oannes
They actually appeared to suffer some kind of radation burns. Also, there tounges were cut out. No animal I know of would be capable of this. The only other time i've seen anything close to this, is cattle mutilations. They fled there tent in the middle of nowhere. Something was out there with them. The natives of the area have claimed to see strange lights in the sky for centuries.
I have to agree, "Some" thing, or things, were with them, that may have caused the event. Bear? What ever it was caused them to leave the safety of the tent.
edit on 24-12-2013 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The area was known for sightings of strange light beams from the sky .
It really is a strange case , but I think the lights (and whatever made them) were involved.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Take a look at this autopsy report of the bodies : www.ermaktravel.com...

They all died very violent deaths. particularly the young woman Ludmila Dubinina. Two of the men suffered injuries conducive with a fall - they were found under a tree, and all of them had numerous injuries common in hand to hand fighting.

The radiation story is a myth, as is the broken bones with no skin abrasions. I believe these people died fighting each other for their clothes - as result of intense cold, or they were attacked by another group, likely Russian special forces in the area.

The idea that wind did it is just absurd, I would give this guy's book a miss

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's funny that you posted this today.
Just yesterday I watched an indy film called "Devil's Pass" on Netflix. It's one of those found shaky footage films that seem to be all the rage.
A group of students follow the trail of the original hikers to the pass and the shakiness ensues. Anyway they managed to link the Dyatlov Pass incident with the Philadelphia Experiment and the Mothman phenomena. Lols.
I watched it because the Dyatlov mystery has always fascinated me. It's not a terrible film but it made me chuckle quite a bit.

Back on topic
I'm not buying the infra noise theory. It doesn't explain the radiation readings or the injuries.
Avalanche? Maybe...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
For those unfamiliar with this: Dyatlov Pass incident

I think there's a fair number of documentaries on Youtube about the incident too.
Strange case.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind...

oops, wrong thread! I don't believe the wind theory either. So the documentary was wrong? There were no pulverized bones inside otherwise unmarked bodies? The images I saw from the rescue team that found them certainly showed what appeared to be burnt places on them, even the exposed bones. Could have been extreme cold that caused the skin to blacken, but does it blacken bone?

The documentary also said there were barefoot prints leading away from the tent, which had been ripped open from the inside. Not sure what animals run around at that elevation, but I don't think several of them would have been found in the same area together as much if it was animals picking. They usually end up dragging their food away from other animals to keep it all to themselves. And they sure didn't eat much, either.

This has always fascinated me, and it's good to see people still talking about it. I'd love to know the answer one day.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I remember reading about this case some years ago, I was pretty much fascinated with it.

I wouldn't dismiss this theory entirely.....but I doubt it.
Something tells me that there's some other explanation, just what that is though I wouldn't like to guess.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I found Devil's Pass on youtube
Link
Enjoy

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In the autopsy, was there a mention of toxicology reports? They were college students, young and stupid. Could it have been drug induced event? A bacteria in their water maybe? Has there ever been a recorded event involving that sound theory? To get a mile away from your camp..half naked. Something or someone spoked these folks really bad. Avalanche. party of nine and all survived an avalanche?? Remains a mystery.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I though this case had already been solved. Hypothermia causes the body to get really hot just before the person final keels over and dies. So this has in the past cause people to take their clothes off and then freeze to death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join