It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

This is such an interesting case. It's got it all, KGB, Soviet Military, Local Authorities being told to end their investigation, and lets not forget about the mysterious deaths of a group of people.

Here's a possibility that doesn't get mentioned very often:
This took place in the 50's (1959) isn't that the time that the USSR was involved in it's Hybrid-Human Super Soldier project? According to the myths surrounding the project, the Soviets lost containment of a few of their "Test Subjects". An accident occurred, and the project got shelved. Everyone believes that this "accident" occurred at the lab, but what if the hybrid-humans got loose and attacked these people?

The passing notes about radiation could have been just something that was either told to the local authorities to prevent them from digging deeper into what happened, or it could have been real radiation that was tossed in the area to cover up the accident.

It's as possible a solution to this case as "infrasound", aliens, '___' Mania, and super secret solution "X" to what happened there.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Then would they not stay and repair their lifesaving tent and retrieve their clothing inside?
Wet clothing would be useless so if it got wet in the avalanche they would have no immediate use for it, and in fact it can kill you in those temperatures. But exactly why they left is part of the mystery the infrasound idea purports to solve. If not that maybe they were afraid the avalanche might not be completely over, and left until they were sure it was? We can only speculate about why they left the tent, which is still a mystery.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Char-Lee
I must have missed the so many times it was explained? Do you mean animals? That really makes no sense to me. What animals that would not take in the winter more than an eye on a couple and a tongue including the floor of the mouth in one?

Animals that come across food would surely continue to eat. it would be clear if animals had eaten these parts, why would that not be noted clearly?
So you have heard the explanation. I've seen dead animals myself and the soft tissues are often the first parts to get eaten. Why they didn't continue to eat? I don't know but is it possible that they ate the soft tissues before they were frozen and once the rest of the tissue froze it was hard to eat? My take on the autopsy report suggests that the tongue was eaten before it was frozen.

Also if you're a coroner you might want to stick to the facts. If you know the soft tissues are missing, that's what you report. if you state a cause then you need to be able to back it up, but if you weren't there to see the animals eat the tissue, on what basis would you put in your report that animals ate the tissue? The only reason I could see to make any special notation is if there was some evidence of it NOT being done by animals, like if the tongue was cut off with a knife in a clean cut, I would expect to see that noted in the autopsy report (and that's not what it reports).

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Quoted by OP:
"But in a recent interview with Failure magazine, Mr Eichar hinted at his conclusion..."

Laz wonders:
"Failure" magazine? Who calls their magazine "Failure"?
edit on 24-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Is this the same case that the investigators determined that the tents were cut up from the inside out and that no track were visible in the snow, after 6he bodies were found some distance away. I get mixed up sometimes but if they are the same then I believe its still unsolved and was swept under the rug of time.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What an interesting group. They set out with a romantically involved couple and the woman's past lover who was close enough to have been brought home to meet her parents before the breakup...no hard feelings humm.

Several had worked for secret government factories and several on nuclear related government jobs.

www.ermaktravel.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
People gotta stop jocking this infrasound stuff. Yes it causes slight unease and anxiety. But not the point where it will make 9 people literally tear themselves apart limb from limb and jump off cliffs.

People have been exposed to predators making infrasound and although its chilling it won't make people run in circles in a panic. Dissuade people from going aggressive on a predator, scare a rabbit sure. make a pack of 9 people do to themselves what happened in that pass. I doubt it. I say infrasound is something you can slough off and put up with.

edit on 24-12-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Night Star

I think the infrasound theory is a possibility, but is not all inclusive. That does not explain the weird broken bones and missing tongue and eyes from one of the young ladies. Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

Indeed. So I would say this remains a mystery.

Crows and Ravens will peck out the eyes of dead and dying animals, as well as humans

My best theory is the idea that there was a rocket launch that night. They would have been in their sleeping bags, heard a rumbling, roaring sound, looked up and seen a bright glowing light through their tents. That might that have been enough to scare them straight out of their tents and run.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It doesn't explain the broken bones, missing tongue and eyes, radiation burns (something the article didn't mention), why two of them were hiding up in trees, and why they cut their way out of the tent instead of just going out the normal way. Not only this, but they all scattered in different directions. The natives in the area said that the night of the incident they saw glowing balls of light flying over the mountains.

The theory he gives isn't likely in the way that he put it. High and/or low frequency radio waves can cause radiation burns, strange balls of light to appear, and make people feel a certain way; at the same time of this incident, the Russian government was experimenting with high/low frequency radio waves with the original intent being for ballistic missile defense, but instead found that they could change the weather, create balls of light and direct them, and change the way people feel when directing certain frequencies at them. In the 1980's the US government addressed this as a concern for national security so they also started their own research (HAARP).

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Several questions abound here

1) How did they tell the tents were opened from the inside? If fabric has a rip unless there is a knife near by it could be from outside or the inside
1A) Pure supposition could attackers have come in one side and they escaped out the other side?
2) If some of the injuries indicated a collision does that mean they fell out of the trees? That would indicate an animal of some sort. You can't climb trees to get away from guns.
3) Could they have been told they have a radioactive exposure and needed to wash it off. Then while doing that they were denied the ability to dry or warmup?
4) Simplest explanation would be they were washing up when attacked. Then nature took it's course on the survivors. That might explain how they got there but it doesn't even touch on the WHY or WHAT scared them.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Atzil321
Take a look at this autopsy report of the bodies : www.ermaktravel.com...

They all died very violent deaths. particularly the young woman Ludmila Dubinina. Two of the men suffered injuries conducive with a fall - they were found under a tree, and all of them had numerous injuries common in hand to hand fighting.

The radiation story is a myth, as is the broken bones with no skin abrasions. I believe these people died fighting each other for their clothes - as result of intense cold, or they were attacked by another group, likely Russian special forces in the area.

The idea that wind did it is just absurd, I would give this guy's book a miss

Having gone over the autopsy report, I would have to agree with your opinion. How they died seems fairly clear. The real unanswered question is: what drove them out of the tent in the first place?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I believe that they were startled awake by a bright light that awoke them late that night.
They may have thought that a large snow vehicle with headlights was approaching the tent and there was no time to unbutton the tents door.
They cut a hole and ran nearly naked into the snow.
What happened next I do not know however I do not rule out alien human mutilation.

Strange lights

The most obvious explanation – an avalanche – could have caused the deaths, but does not account for one of the central mysteries.

Anatoly Shumkov, a student who had camped out nearby on the same night of Feb. 2 with a separate expedition, described seeing a shining light floating down slowly over the Ural mountain range.

Shumkov’s recollections are quoted on an online project devoted to the Dyatlov Pass incident, created by Dmitry Romashko.

Military search team members in the area also went on to describe strange lights in the sky, according to data gathered by Romashko.

The phenomenon was further noted by local indigenous groups in the area, according to author and hiking expert Yevgeny Buyanov.

Radiation

\themoscownews.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Mothmen. Yeah, definitely mothmen.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The excuses people come up with are always way more far fetched than the actual conspiracies.

Panic inducing infra sound?

Please...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Snow is a very good absorber of sound waves so I find it hard to believe this kind of sound phenomenon would occur over snow covered mountains.
Logic suggests this kind of phenomenon would occur in an area with hard sound reflecting surfaces such as an arid stone canyon environment like northern Arizona.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

why do you think they were young and stupid??? they were very experienced from what I have read of the story, just wondering what you were basing that on.

here is a link about how experienced they were

www.forteantimes.com...

Their route to Otorten, which would see them reaching heights of 1,100m (3,600ft) above sea level, was classed as ‘Category III’ – the most dangerous for the time of year – but the combined experience of the students meant that there was nothing unusual in their undertaking such an expedition.
edit on 24-12-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this new explanation is junk.

I think the 2 men that were up in the tree have injuries not from fighting, but from climbing the tree.
I can't accept the animals ate the eyes and tongue, I just think more would be gone.
I'm not sure what I think about the radiation.
Weren't the only ones partially naked the men by the tree? Didn't the rest of the group have layers of clothes on?
I don't think we'll ever know the truth if the government was behind it, they'll go to any lengths to cover it up.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Neysa
I found Devil's Pass on youtube
Link
Enjoy

bump for later, ty.

I never heard of this

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They were raped by a Yeti! What a way to go! Merry Christmas everyone!

Yeti

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It was not my source but I did read all the autopsies, why do none mention radiation on the bodies?

So you gave me more to read..thanks.

Checking for radiation isn't usually something someone would do in an autopsy so it isn't surprising the people doing the autopsies wouldn't have mentioned it.
Someone mentioned the Soviet Armed Forces possibly having something to do with it but that just adds to the mystery, why on earth would the soldiers mutilate their bodies?
I'm Mr Skeptic as most that reads my posts knows by now but WHEN will scientists come right out and say "We don't know what the hell happened!" ?
Sometimes things happens that just cannot be explained using science and logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join