It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the mystery of nine skiers who died half naked in the Siberian wilderness in 1959 been SOLVED? A

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 4ajodster

Interesting theory, but like others here, it doesn't seem to be the right answer to me....

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
On mention of the pieces of metal commented on that were supposedly found at the site at the time, in addition to the mysterious lights, these led me to the following:

Soviet Aircraft 1950 - 59

Out of these aircraft, which may have been deployed and active in the area, and out of those, which had capability to drop FLARES and CHAFF countermeasures?

I was invited to an air show once, and one of the jets that performed some very low only hundreds of feet high above runway flyby maneuvers was supposedly an old Soviet Fighter jet.
Suffice to say, the whole event, that jet as well, was probably the loudest spectacle I've ever experienced. If it weren't for separation of distance, I could claim a shuttle launch as being the loudest, but, in actual decibel proximity and loudness, the air show with the old Soviet Fighter jet included was the loudest thing I've ever experienced.

Something like one of those jets making a low altitude overflight, dropping chaff, and flares (performing an exercise?), as well as triggering an avalanche due the very real physically felt volume such jets can produce could account for the confusion caused (extremely loud events can have psychological effect), the supposed metal found, the supposed spooky lights seen from a distance, as well as giving us an activator for an avalanche event would give us a mundane and seemingly plausible explanation.

If anyone finds problems with this, then, please, by all means put them forward.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

ANNED
My theory is they had some form of naturally accruing L S D in there food.

There have been cases of rye mold that formed L S D.

One very bad trip.
edit on 24-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

That is what I was thinking. Like the werewolves in France, caused by a mold on the grain. Everyone had a bad trip without (and that is important WITHOUT) knowing they were tripping.

Now to talk about infrasound. I don't think any regular person would be panicking as much as they did. But if you count in them tripping without them knowing it gives a completely different perspective.

Is there any conclusion about whatever they ate? Did they consume Reindeer by any change? Reindeer are know to eat agaric.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

There is not nearly enough information from the article for the likes of us to determine the veracity of this claim. It's possible I guess, but not conclusive. And why, after all this time, would there only be 1 documented case?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Dumbass

ANNED
My theory is they had some form of naturally accruing L S D in there food.

There have been cases of rye mold that formed L S D.

One very bad trip.
edit on 24-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

That is what I was thinking. Like the werewolves in France, caused by a mold on the grain. Everyone had a bad trip without (and that is important WITHOUT) knowing they were tripping.

Now to talk about infrasound. I don't think any regular person would be panicking as much as they did. But if you count in them tripping without them knowing it gives a completely different perspective.

Is there any conclusion about whatever they ate? Did they consume Reindeer by any change? Reindeer are know to eat agaric.

Last time I tripped out, I was not left with lots of broken bones and my eyes and tongue cut out. Nor was I was left suffering radiation burns.

A scientific explanation must account for ALL the facts, not just a few ones cherry-picked because they are consistent with the offered explanation.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

One of the most interesting things about this article - at least to me - was there is actually a magazine (or website) called Failure Magazine! Who knew?

I don't know, but I kinda like the title. The negativity kinda reminds me of www.despair.com...

P.S.
failuremag.com...
edit on 25-12-2013 by saucepan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

this is one of my favorite stories. thank you for the new information. at least it's new to me. s&f

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

According to T&C we are not supposed to talk about personal experiences so let's keep it general.

First of all I didn't say that was the cause but I only claimed it could contribute to the panicking especially when they aren't aware of them being tripping.

I knew a guy who is luckily now under the care of proffesional help that in that state of mind thought his dog was possessed and I spare you the details but missing eyes and tongue doesn't sound strange at all.

About radiation. Some sources claim no radiation, some do talk about burns, some say the whole area is contaminated. The last would explain their contact with it.

But you as someone who does know the state of mind, don't you think something unexpected an terrifying wouldn't be enhanced?

A scientific explanation needs all facts and explore all possibilities that can contribute to what has happened. So the post I was reacting to in the first place did ask the right question about a toxicology report didn't he?

edit on 25-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

repetitive wind event (one that could be produced by the topography of Dead Mountain), which in turn might have triggered panic-inducing infrasound.'

LOL.

Yeah. Panic-inducing infrasound.

LOL again.

Debunkers will not refrain from wild explanations. Sometimes these debunkings sound sooooo less plausible than alien visitations which they aim to debunk.

Other than being highly implausible...the author itself uses words like "might". That sounds like a guess.

No and No. Defo not solved.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

The Soviet investigators got a negative on aircraft movements over the area.

That said, the SOP for all mountaineers I ever climbed with / explored remote areas with in a tent upon hearing an avalanche is to bomb burst out and attempt escape. This provides a fighting chance of at least one of us surviving to raise the alarm and or dig out people.

Rocket launches sound like avalanches. They produce a bright orb in the sky, combined? Gives me no reason to doubt the theory that they heard the rocket, thought avalanche, and split.

They got a way down toward the tree line, got disorientated and one climbed a tree to get a better view (which is a sound survival technique). Hypothermia did the rest.

Minus 30 and near naked equals minutes from death...which is why one person attempted to light a fire and why the living took clothes from the dead.

We will never know for sure but I'm.all in for natural causes here.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No way, that doesn't explain it at all. Something hit them hard and out of no where, probably in the middle of the night. The tent had hole cut in the back of it to escape. Looked like some tried to protect while others escaped out back. What ever it was scared them enough run partially clothed.

The injuries were like being hit by car doing fifty, backed and ran over again for good measure. The eyes and tongue could be birds or scavenger but it should have been to more of them if that were case. They also found no other tracks but we're able to follow their tracks, interesting, implies that what did damage was airborne.

These folks, if you read some accounts literally scared out of their minds. What ever happened it was very scary and they tried to run from it. This to me means it was something physical, they could see and or hear it.. Enough so they cut hole in back and tried to run half clothed. That was pretty scared.

What would make you cut a hole in your tent and run in that environment knowing you would freeze in minutes. It had to be bad, very bad.

The stories from that region are very creepy and no one goes there, that tells me all I need to know lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

It seems odd that some of the bodies were there so long and were not eaten on by predators also.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Oannes
They actually appeared to suffer some kind of radation burns. Also, there tounges were cut out.

Reminds me of how the cheek of a big fish is the best part to us....I guess our tongues are likewise to something else.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by dlbott

It seems odd that some of the bodies were there so long and were not eaten on by predators also.

Not odd at all. There isnt a Siberian predator that will eat frozen food. At deep winter above the snow line its common for bodies.to.remain untouched.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
FYI...I just watched a NetFlix movie about this called "Devils Pass" (I believe). Not bad...no way the answer.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The aliens seem to want animal and human sensory parts that taste,smell, see, and feel (the broken bones are from dropping the victim from the sky after they're done). There must be other cases of human mutilations besides this one and the one in Brazil , but the majority of cases are shut up and locked up in secrecy. This case in Russia fits the legend of the Windigo a tenticled being that hunts during snowstorms near Native American camps .

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

siluriancryptic

The aliens seem to want animal and human sensory parts that taste,smell, see, and feel (the broken bones are from dropping the victim from the sky after they're done). There must be other cases of human mutilations besides this one and the one in Brazil , but the majority of cases are shut up and locked up in secrecy. This case in Russia fits the legend of the Windigo a tenticled being that hunts during snowstorms near Native American camps .

Oh for goodness sake. The broken bones were found in people that dropped into a ravine. Ever fallen into a ravine? ice hurts. Badly. Think smashed to pieces type of hurt.

There is zero need for any alien type intervention here.

The people were in a bad place to start with (were supposed to be lower altitude inside the treeline for starters) and woefully unprepared for what the weather threw at them.

I'll give you an example from my own past.

Mountain terrain northern Scandinavia, static air temp -37 degrees, wind whipping us at 40 gusting 65 / 70. Do you know how cold that was? -78 degrees. We were fit, strong, prepared people in the most cutting edge equipment the 1980s could offer. Think down suits, polar boots and mittens.

It was a frozen hell.

It was here I came across a victim of CIVD (not part of our expedition, a local who had fallen into water via an ice hole). Cold Induced Vaso-Dilation. You want to know what happened? this person stripped off all of their clothes (paradoxical warming) and was violent. VERY violent. A nasty side effect of CIVD is that the person suffering it feels they are absolutely in total utter control of their faculties and every one else is insane.

We had to tie this person into a sleeping bag system. That's how violent they were until warmed through.

So - aliens? no. These people suffered terrible deaths at natures hands through what I feel is a sad culmination of unrelated events that led to panic and abandoning relative safety.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Cathcart
Nope, definitely not solved. I've never heard of infrasound causing instant insanity, for starters. We're not talking about mere disorientation here. And all the others circumstances...whoa. Sounds like a poor cover-up attempt.

How would one tell the difference between "real" insanity and induced insanity? Infrasound is one of the few ways we have of messing with a human mind without opening up the skull. What if you have heard of plenty of cases where it caused insanity, but just assumed it was "natural" insanity? It's the perfect cover, potentially. Which doesn't mean it has happened, but just that one can't rule it out based on a lack of evidence for it, because the evidence would be indistinguishable from our perspectives.

And yet an awful lot of people have posted to make clear that discussion of infrasound's potentials will be peer-shamed. Interesting.
edit on 25-12-2013 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Taking in to account all the different injuries the campers experienced, along with the "strange lights" in skies being reported that night, it seems the only viable explanation is an alien race landed, had their way with them, and left.
The timing seems right (i.e, the recent exposure of us being a nuclear race only being several years after nuclear bombings and further testing in the air). This was just before or around the supposed meeting with extraterrestrial races where deals were probably made NOT to come down and tear people up. Sure, come down, do your thing, but please be inconspicuous about it.
Doesn't seem any other way to explain it using natural means.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Astr0

Char-Lee
reply to post by dlbott

Not odd at all. There isnt a Siberian predator that will eat frozen food. At deep winter above the snow line its common for bodies.to.remain untouched.

All food found already dead will frozen and will be eaten by any animal that will scavenge and in the winter most predators will scavenge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join