It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Great case full of mystery. Good thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I had to laugh at that one, once he realised all the British papers were reporting the story...$$$

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

It seems that we can safely assume, that the boys from the letter agencies
were #ting their pants over what happened there..

on the other hand, it seems that the brits were pretty casual.. in comparison..
nuclear weapons and bringing guns onto British soil and all.

That would seem to indicate that the Americans were full briefed, and the
Brits were not.

Would you say that's a reasonable observation?

Or do Brits just universally take their chill pills daily.. while drinking their
tea and crumpets on their lace doilies?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62

I had to laugh at that one, once he realised all the British papers were reporting the story...$$$

I suspect Robbins knew long ago about Warren's "Theft at East Gate". But as long as the voices of dissent were contained and the bandwagon could be kept rolling on then he turned blind eyes. It was after all the result of years of his work. No matter how much of it was false it was a handy income stream and a key to the conference/media circus.

However over the last two years the "Warren Emissions" reached a peak. A lot of doubt should placed on everything he's ever claimed about his life. Then he (Warren) began to insult his co-author on social media and many others.

So even Peter has bailed out now. But even he couldn't resist the temptation to make a little cash himself I guess and clear his remaining books out. In some ways this whole episode reflects the larger nature of the whole Rendlesham Incident. Very few come out of it totally clean do they?

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

There is a very nice picture of Peter at whatever conference it was where he was flogging the books.

I believe a lame excuse was given, but I don't recall exactly what.

However, nothing is preventing the recent stuff occurring and that's the documentary.

Is there not some new witnesses in this as far as am aware?

Onwards it all goes.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It seems that we can safely assume, that the boys from the letter agencies were #ting their pants over what happened there..

on the other hand, it seems that the brits were pretty casual.. in comparison..
nuclear weapons and bringing guns onto British soil and all.

I think it more likely the boys at the letter agencies knew a lot more about what was going on. It's often quoted about the 'nukes' on base being against an agreement with the UK. But no one ever quotes the supposed treaty that was being violated. Plus US Cruise and Pershing missiles arrived 3 years after the incident.

Officially no US troops carried their weapons out with them on British soil. I don't believe that. Various stories have leaked out about men being armed. I do believe it was all played down to avoid any unnecessary political conflict.

That would seem to indicate that the Americans were full briefed, and the
Brits were not.

Would you say that's a reasonable observation?

If the Americans knew more about this incident than the British then I would think it would have all been contained on the twin bases. The first night, when an air crash was suspected, would give just cause for leaving the bases. We also know the UK authorities (police) were notified. This would be in line with SOF agreements.

The 3rd night however we are told lightalls (mobile floodlights) and a whole bunch of US airmen were out in the forest. Who in UK authority was notified that night?

Or do Brits just universally take their chill pills daily.. while drinking their tea and crumpets on their lace doilies?

On your Dick Van Dyke matey!

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'm 56... and Dick Van Dyke was well before my time..
I guess you musta saw old US TV shows when you grew up..
(you did grow up? some days I wonder - J/K).

It does seem that the Brits got something of a briefing
at some point.. perhaps a partial briefing..

That it seems nearly assumed that various soldiers were
extremely manhandled with hypnosis/drugs... seems to
make RFI fairly unique.. oh I'm sure that this has
happened in other cases too.. but perhaps not so
obviously.

There was definitely something of national security
value here.. for the Americans.. the Brits didn't
seem to have gotten the "original memo".. they
were the junior partners? That's how the US
tends to be in my view..

ti seems to me, that most of the orbs, can be explained
by earthlight/BOL theory from A. Pike. You may recall
I was asking about Earthquake activity in the area and
quartz content some years ago now.. before I'd ever
even heard of the book.

The "craft" -- I think there was certainly a very strong
localized effect --- if it was 'real matter" I can't say..
but seems to have been more than just a BOL.

It wasn't alien obviously.. not in any normal sense..
and if it was one of "ours" I can't imagine what it
would be.

That whole "get a part from Germany thing" --- way
bizarre. I can't even comment on that.. except it
seems more than one person heard that comment,
so presumably it was said..

(doesn't mean that it was relevant or true.. merely
said).

It would seem that the first night was NOT a test..
it caught everyone by surprise.. but what gets me
is how prepared people are on following nights..
large squads of soldiers and equipment..

It would seem that at that point.. someone on the
Brit side "got the memo".

But were things an "on the fly test" at that point?
or they were gathering info for their I.C masters?

I don't know..

I don't know ONE DOT more than I did before
reading the book..

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That it seems nearly assumed that various soldiers were extremely manhandled with hypnosis/drugs... seems to make RFI fairly unique.. oh I'm sure that this has happened in other cases too.. but perhaps not so obviously.

Using hypnotism and drugs in peacetime on your own troops seems extreme. But we do know things like this have gone on before.

Although I have been very critical of Penniston's story. He seems to have been one of those affected by these 'chemical interrogations'. Which may explain why his story has grown into a science fiction like fantasy in the years that have followed.

There was definitely something of national security value here.. for the Americans.. the Brits didn't seem to have gotten the "original memo".. they were the junior partners?

Yes. Coming back to Penniston's story again. He claims he was originally questioned by two men. One of whom had a 'British accent'. I guess someone did indeed get a memo not long afterwards.

It would seem that the first night was NOT a test..

That certainly has to remain a possibility. But if it wasn't a test then what was it? Just a shooting star, a rocket burning up and a lighthouse?

But were things an "on the fly test" at that point? or they were gathering info for their I.C masters?

Way back somewhere in the thread is a mention of “The Role of Behavioral Science in the Physical Security Proceedings of the 5th Annual Symposium June 11-12, 1980” Download it here.

It was a study of the issues with human security elements at nuclear weapons bases. SSOPRA – Security System Operational Recording and Analysis.

"SSOPRA is a developmental project aimed at defining operationally relevant, quantitative measures of man-equipment effectiveness in security systems. …” One of the measures was a test of whether security staff would eventually ignore security alerts after multiple ‘false alarms’ were triggered. Perimeter areas of the facilities would have an electro magnetic device which would instil fear in the mind of intruders. A remote brain wave detection system would be used to identify personnel VERP (Visual Event Related Brain Potential)

Tests planned to use holographic machinery (for eventual use on naval vessels).

An Air Force Base would be selected as the development site.

The effects of ionised air on personnel and the impact on cognitive abilities is also discussed in much detail in that document. The following year's document is 'missing'. Lots of people 'involved' have chosen to dismiss it or ignore it. But what it at least proves is that they were planning to 'test' the security at nuclear weapons bases in 1980.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 4-2-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well something damaged those tree tops, etc. etc.

I have heard about that psychological testing testing theory before,
but it certainly seems daft.

I suppose that the US Government decided to hot rod around a
"rental" rather than one of their own, mainland bases.

Still don't see a ham sandwich at the end of the day.

Too many possibilities, too few certainties.

Kev

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Naughty yanks up to no good on British soil, i wonder how many times they have used the UK as a testing ground for their nasty weapons.
wasn't Georgia bruni once told by a top british scientist that if the truth came out it would cause a major diplomatic incident, only trouble is Thatcher was told what happened and the s##t didn't hit the fan....or maybe it did, but we will never find out.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62

Naughty yanks up to no good on British soil, i wonder how many times they have used the UK as a testing ground for their nasty weapons.
wasn't Georgia bruni once told by a top british scientist that if the truth came out it would cause a major diplomatic incident, only trouble is Thatcher was told what happened and the s##t didn't hit the fan....or maybe it did, but we will never find out.

the USA has always been a big bully, even with her best Ally.

Kevin

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You can also find it here:

www.therendleshamforestincident.com...

Along with both Col Alexander's comments and Nick Pope.

When I saw your post Mirageman it reminded me of what the men had to say with various things.

The following responses were in regards to the aforementioned document release, in which it was stated, The Rendlesham Forest Incident is case closed !

Col John B. Alexander, (Ret), responds:

"Nonsense. Your explanation does not fit the facts - four decades of them.
That's hardly a DNA experiment.
This is ergofusion, typical of the field. There is nothing in the document
you sent that in any way relates to the Bentwaters case. As indicated in my
earlier email, unusual events at Bentwaters preceded the now famous
two-three days, and have continued up until recently, long after the base
was closed. Making a case that it was a psychological experiment (which
others have done as well) just doesn't accommodate the facts. In fact, I
doubt that we currently have the capability to recreate the incident as
described by the large number of witnesses."

Sorry I had a problem with links last night and was too late to repost things.

edit on 4-2-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

It would seem as the 'Occam' more than the other theories and comes with some documentation as supporting material.

And, for Kev: This was basically Jacques Vallee's assertion as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Perimeter areas of the facilities would have an electro magnetic device which would instil fear in the mind of intruders. A remote brain wave detection system would be used to identify personnel VERP (Visual Event Related Brain Potential)

This is a link with references to Skinwalker Ranch and apparent techniques of human technology-based mental penetration.

Potential links to events over the RFI Weekend?

To catch this Skinwalker, it takes a thief, and to steal the secrets of a precognitive sentient phenomena with penetrating telepathic mind-controlling illusions, we may need a pair of entangled brains separated by a vast distance.

The idea I am proposing here is based upon Kit Green’s mindtap technology: fMRI brain scanning equipment, the state of the art in human technology-based mental penetration.

As it would be highly impractical (and phenomenally expensive!) to base an enormous fMRI machine at Skinwalker Ranch, to monitor brain activity of an experiencer of the phenomenon, another less direct method is required.

A few years ago Dr. Green proposed a test to use fMRI brain scanning technology to observe the entanglement of human brains — quantum mind mediated telepathy, an idea shared by Chinese researcher Shan Gao. A similar idea put to the test by a group at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, in Bangalore, India, reported positive results.

Based upon Green’s description of one proposed fMRI telepathy experiment, having set a baseline for the normal entanglement of a pair of carefully matched human brains, an experiment could be devised to place a human receiver inside the magnet of the brain scanner during a deep mind-to-mind state of entanglement with a remote sender.

The sender would be placed as bait, potentially in harm’s way, as near to the core of the Skinwalker Ranch phenomenon as possible. The key to this experiment is to entice the source of the various reported phenomena — the suggested Precognitive Sentient Phenomenon — to act upon the sender in such a way as to join the entangled brain states of sender and receiver.

Assuming the risk that the Skinwalker phenomenon might simply break the entangled brain state of the sender on the ranch in Utah and the receiver who is inside the magnet at a research laboratory some distance away, the best case would register changes in the receiver’s brain scan induced by the effect of the Skinwalker source on the sender. If this were possible, then we could potentially capture some of the mind-altering signatures of the Precognitive Sentient Phenomenon on the human brain. Captured signatures could potentially be highly revealing of the nature of the source affecting human perception.
www.starpod.us...-1t

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

a reply to: AdamE

Col John B. Alexander, (Ret), responds:

"Nonsense. Your explanation does not fit the facts - four decades of them.
That's hardly a DNA experiment.
This is ergofusion, typical of the field.

Now if he needed to conceal something else isn't this exactly what you would expect him to say? Col Alexander is after all the man who claimed for years that the US government was not concerned about UFOs and there was no study group after speaking with all sorts of top brass. Then we find out that there was an AATIP program from at least 2007 and is still running today albeit without any visible funding. So did he lie about thatl? Or was he talking to the wrong people?

When you use a word that is not in the dictionary like - 'ergofusion' who is actually talking nonsense?

All the document proves is that there were plans to test security at nuclear bases. I doubt Bentwaters and Woodbridge would be the place where these full on tests would take place. But some of the things they talk about in that document are interesting.

° A remote brain wave detection system would used to identify personnel VERP (Visual Event Related Brain Potential)
° Magnetic recordings from the brain
° Holographic applications. Lifelike, visual and IR illusions including open air deception.

There was a lot of R&D going on in the East Anglia Area into high technologies during the time of the incident. What if some of that or similar technology was being tried out and the base personnel were not meant to be out there?

edit on 5/2/2018 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Naughty yanks up to no good on British soil...

Don't assume they were American. Did you know that our own Government tested Germ and Chemical Warfare on the unknowing public in the recent past?

See : Millions were in germ war tests Much of Britain was exposed to bacteria sprayed in secret trials. You'll be glad to know that the Americans were up to similar things back home as well.

Not something you'd want to land on your ham sandwich!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So did he lie about thatl? Or was he talking to the wrong people?

We only have two choices Mirageman, we could toss a coin re this matter

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

It would seem as the 'Occam' more than the other theories and comes with some documentation as supporting material.

And, for Kev: This was basically Jacques Vallee's assertion as well.

Yes indeed. He sat on my couch and told me that it was a test.
He did interview, people he thought were reputable sources.

In addition, he had no interest in RFI, as if the matter was 100% settled in his
mind. He also had little interest in Skinwalker Ranch.. of course I believe he
worked there for a while.

He mentioned the lightalls and cameras being ready and what not.
Of course there seems to be confusion about what happened on what night.

However, I just can't get past the notion, of how reckless it would be, to do weird chemical/
electromagnetic/psychological test on people in charge of nuclear weapons.

I mean, I would suppose those munitions were locked up with several layers of keys and
controls --- but still.

I guess I have one final thought on the test issue.. if I recall correctly, there HAVE been
other incidents where "UFOs" were seen/thought to interfere with nuclear weapons/
bases.

Perhaps the reason a test would be (insanely) done at RFI, was because a hostile power
(Russia) had already tried such a thing against one of our bases, so there was a lot of
desire on the part of our military to understand what they had done?

If that piece were added in, I could see the shimmering outline of a ham sandwich
somewhere..

That still doesn't explain what physical object people were poking at.. unless it really
was just a BOL.. but I don't buy it.. other BOL all over? Yes. No doubt. But would
all those people be so deluded by a BOL, that they even (perhaps) touched it and
still thought it was solid?

Of course that's possible, I guess.
edit on 5-2-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

This would certainly explain the usually lifelong effects of 'UAP radiation'
using a simple, non-farfatched model.

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join