It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I almost volunteered for a staff position, but that would be encouraging your
warped sense of humor too much. But that I even considered playing along
shows what a bad influence you are on me!

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The lighthouse was deactivated in 2013 but has some interesting history.

The old high light then functioned as the new 'low light', until it too was lost to erosion in 1887.
There were also red and green sectors added in 1888.

At first glimpse the view from the drone just looks like a flood plain, then you see the burned out ruins of the test areas.

In the larger scheme of things it doesn't seem to extend the "Rendlesham Forest" legacy much?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The tea is hillarious.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Except that there are a lot of sensitive and vulnerable children with only grave stones to visit instead of family members.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I was referring to the free Richard dough tea that Mirageman offered or might offer.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Back in 2011-2013, I spent quite a bit of time on Rendlesham. Heck, I spent a lot of time on it.

I've now started sharing some of the resources I pulled together when I started looking into this incident, including a set of maps/plans.

If anyone wants that set of maps (for my usual price, i.e. free), just send me a message and I'll give you a link to a PDF containing all of them. I'd rather not just post the link here because of any potential copyright issues in relation to the various maps, but sharing it privately for private research should be okay.

The pages in the relevant PDF are:

Section A : Table of Contents

Pages 1 to 7. Table of Contents

Section B : Maps and plans provided by USAF personnel

Page 8. RAF Woodbridge plan kindly supplied to Isaac Koi by Ronald Whiting Jr.:

Page 9. RAF Bentwaters plan kindly supplied to Isaac Koi by Ronald Whiting Jr.:

Section C : Maps published in books about Rendlesham

Page 10. 1984 - Sketch map of key sites published in the book "Sky Crash" (by Jenny Randles, Dot Street and Brenda Butler) (1984) at page 39 of the hardback edition, page 50 of the paperback edition:

Page 11. 1984 - Sketch map by "Steve Roberts" published in the book "Sky Crash" (by Jenny Randles, Dot Street and Brenda Butler) (1984) at page 41 of the hardback edition, page 52 of the paperback edition:

Page 12. 1984 - Sketch map of relevant path in the book "Sky Crash" (by Jenny Randles, Dot Street and Brenda Butler) (1984) at page 46 of the hardback edition, page 60 of the paperback edition:

Page 13. 1991 – Sketch map of area in the book “From Out of the Blue" (by Jenny Randles) (1991) in an unnumbered photographic section after page 142 of the Berkley paperback edition.

Page 14. 1997 - Extract from a map published in Left At East Gate (1997) (on the unnumbered second page of the hardback first edition and the updated PDF second edition):

Page 15. 1998 – Sketch map of the area in the book “UFO Crash Landing? Friend or Foe?” (1998) (by Jenny Randles) at page 18 of the Blandford softcover edition.

Page 16. 1998 – Sketch map of relevant routes in the book “UFO Crash Landing? Friend or Foe?” (1998) (by Jenny Randles) at page 19 of the Blandford softcover edition.

Page 17. 2000 - Map on Page xxx of the book "You Can't Tell The People" (2000) (by Georgina Bruni):

Page 18. 2000 - Penniston's directions to landing site in the book "You Can't Tell The People" (2000) (by Georgina Bruni ) at page 413 of the hardback edition, page 130 of the PDF version:

Section D : Maps published in articles about Rendlesham

Page 19. 1985: Sketched map was published in an article by John Grant on page 12 of the MUFON Journal for January 1985:

Page 20. 1985: Published in an article by Jenny Randles on page 7 of MUFON Journal for May 1985:

Page 21. 1985: Published in an article by Jenny Randles on page 8 of MUFON Journal for May 1985:

Page 22. 1985: Published in an article by Jenny Randles in BUFORA Bulletin for July 1985 at page 35:

Page 23. 1985: Published in an article by Steuart Campbell in the December 1985 edition of Magonia :

Page 24. 1988: Published in an article by Benton Jamison in the September 1988 issue of IUR at page 8:

Page 25. 1990: Published in an article by Jenny Randles in the November 1990 edition of BUFORA's UFO Times at page 7:

Page 26. 1993: Map published in an article by Jenny Randles (but the map is credited there to Peter Robbins) in the September 1993 issue of Fate at page 49:

Page 27. 1995: Published in the January 1995 issue of UFO Magazine:

Page 28. 1997: Published in an article by Jon Downs in Beyond Magazine in 1997:

Page 29. 2000: Published in an article by Jenny Randles and Richard Hall in IUR in the Fall 2000 issue:

Section E : Online maps and plans

Page 30. Postcode of IP12 3NG used to get the Google Map image

Page 31. OS map from the 1970s
(sourced from www.old-maps.co.uk...)

Page 32. Extract from OS map from the 1970s:
www.ianridpath.com...)

Page 33. Forestry Commission "UFO Trail" map (with its annotations):

Page 34. Aerial view on Ian Ridpath's website (with his annotations):
www.ianridpath.com...

Page 35. Aerial view on Ian Ridpath's website (with his annotations as to Penniston;s route):
www.ianridpath.com...

Page 36. Map on Dave Rudiak's website (with his annotations):
www.roswellproof.com...

Page 37. Aerial view with annotation showing landing site identified by Penniston in 2010, on open Facebook page of the Justice group:
www.facebook.com...

Page 38. Aerial view on "Chilling Tales" website:
chilling-tales.com...

Page 39. Map on the Foresty Commission's sign at the start of the UFO Trail:
www.etdisclosure.co.uk/…/gal…/rendlesham-forest/dsc04383.jpg

Page 40. Bentwaters siteplan (2012, Bentwaters Parks):

Page 41. 2007: Published in an article by Peter McCue in the July 2007 issue of UFOdata:

Page 42. Map on James Easton's website Rendlesham.com with the file name of "bases":

Page 43. Published on James Easton's website Rendlesham.com with the file name of "map1":

Page 44. Published on James Easton's website Rendlesham.com with the file name of "map2":

Page 45. Published on James Easton's website Rendlesham.com with the file name of "map3":

Page 46. Published on James Easton's website's Ufoworld.co.uk, a map with annotations by Sgt Randy Smith:

Page 47. Published on James Easton's website's Ufoworld.co.uk, a plan of the WSA by Sgt Randy Smith:

Page 48. Annotated map published on the defunct website rendlesham-incident.co.uk:

Page 49. Forestry Commission planting map:

Page 50. Cropped enlargement of part of the Forestry Commission planting map:

Page 51. Annotated aerial view posted by Adrian Frearson on the old Rendlesham incident forum, in a thread entitled "30 year reunion" :

Page 52. Map posted by Gordon Goodger in 2011 on the defunct Rendlesham Incident forum in a thread entitled "new landing site" with a green arrow showing his suggested location of where the landing site photos featuring Captain Verrano were taken:

Page 53. Aerial view posted by the Admin of the defunct Rendlesham Incident forum admin in 2011 in a thread entitled "linda moulton howes reports", annotated with his identification of Halt's second farmer's field and Halt's path:

Page 54. Larry Warren was asked to confirm or correct the exact position of his landing site on this map in 2010 by "Stephan" on the defunct Rendlesham incident forum in a thread entitled "Left at East Gate, questions to Larry Warren". Larry replied "move the x down a little then up"

Page 55. Map, with detailed annotations, posted by Robert Mclean on his Flickr account in 2008 with the file name “maproute4”:

Page 56. Aerial view taken by RAF on 23 February 1953, with annotations, posted by Robert Mclean on his Flickr account in 2008:

Page 57. Forestry Commission "UFO Trail" map (colour, with fewer annotations)

Page 58. Forestry Commission general trail map, 2006

Page 59 : An episode of the "UFO Hunters" TV show (27 February 2008, Season 1 Episode 5 : "Military vs. UFOs") included aerial views, with annotations purporting to show Halt's route (beginning at 22 minutes and 27 seconds into the documentary)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Nice post Issac and am sure it will all be appreciated. Many have spent huge amounts of time on this case and in a serious way. With all your research and various connections ie Dr Kit Green , what is your bottom line conclusion to what may have really happened? Also you where compiling some questions for um Richard dough tea . May I ask what happened to all of that? Another question. Do you believe Jim Penniston received binary codes as claimed? What are your personal thoughts?.

edit on 9-2-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thanks you Isaac I shall contact you re the above.

In other updates. For others interested.

Andrew Pike has written a rather lengthy piece regarding his book "The Rendlesham File" and subsequent withdrawal from sale again.

To avoid any misunderstandings I have decided not to quote anything here. Simply visit the link here.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Thanks you Isaac I shall contact you re the above.

In other updates. For others interested.

Andrew Pike has written a rather lengthy piece regarding his book "The Rendlesham File" and subsequent withdrawal from sale again.

To avoid any misunderstandings I have decided not to quote anything here. Simply visit the link here.

I was 100% certain that he would be shut down.

that's why the very day I discovered his book was available, I bought the kindle
version and have ensured I never lose access to it.

A book like his would not only interfere with some military stuff, but would reduce the
income of the UFO entertainment hucksters.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone threatened his life, and his family's life.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I highly doubt this Kev, there is nothing out there which suggests such a thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

I highly doubt this Kev, there is nothing out there which suggests such a thing.

Well he's way overreacting then.

If I had written one of the best UFO books in the history of the world,
I'd not pull it from print without a DAMN good reason.

At the very least, the "quality of his life, and his family life".

He must be getting harassed on some ridiculous scale.

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Am afraid am not able to speculate on this one Kèv.

I respect Andrews need for privacy.
edit on 11-2-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
What are your personal thoughts?.

Without wishing to be evasive, my personal thoughts tend to remain personal - at least until:

(1) I reach a definite conclusion which I think is supported by solid evidence, and
(2) I have the time to set out that solid evidence in a way which justifies my conclusion.

In relation to the Rendlesham incident(s), I haven't reached (1), let alone (2).

At the moment, my personal thoughts would merely be speculation - and there is more than enough speculation within ufology (particularly regarding Rendlesham) without my adding to that.

On a more positive note, here are links to details of a few more Rendlesham resources (which I did plan on using as the core of a long ATS thread about the Rendlesham incidents, together with a few hundred pages of my notes, but haven't had the time or inclination to write that thread in the last few years...):

(a) Chronological collection of about 150 articles on the Rendlesham incident(s):
www.facebook.com...

(b) Chronological list of documentaries about Rendlesham:
www.facebook.com...

(c) RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge law enforcement manual from 1979:
Online images:
www.facebook.com...

PDF version:
www.facebook.com...

(d) RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge security handbook from 1979:
Online images:
www.facebook.com...

PDF version:
www.facebook.com...

(e) Quest Publications booklet of Rendlesham press articles and documents:
www.facebook.com...

(f) HTML archive of the old Rendlesham-incident.co.uk discussion forum, which was online until about 2011:
www.facebook.com...

(g) Rendlesham maps and plans:
www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thank you Isaac.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

The lighthouse was deactivated in 2013 but has some interesting history.

In the larger scheme of things it doesn't seem to extend the "Rendlesham Forest" legacy much?

Good afternoon Cauliflower. I am sure I read or heard that the same area (or the Black Beacon) was using LORAN C

Also in reference to LORAN, some information..

'The aircraft would also be equipped with a LORAN navigational device for more precise navigation. In a truly
innovative move, the engineers created a way for the LASER system to "talk" to the LORAN and determine the
coordinates of the target being designated by the LASER.' (5) Retramel, James. Guided Weapons. (Draft) July 1996, p. 4-18. Procured from the author.

'When Loran-C became widespread, the USAF once again became interested in using it as a guidance system'
en.wikipedia.org...

By the late 1970s the Coast Guard was in the midst of phasing out Loran-A in favour of additional Loran-C chains. The Aleutian and Hawaii chains shut down on 1 July 1979, the remaining Alaska and West Coast chains on 31 December 1979, followed by the Atlantic and Caribbean transmitters on 31 December 1980.
en.wikipedia.org...

Navigation Systems.
'Modern travel requires exact latitude, longitude and altitude information in real time. Therefore terrestrial based radio wave systems such as the LORAN-C and the Omega-system were developed. The use large transmitter antennas to send low-frequency (LF) and very-low frequency (VLF) radio signals along the ground and off the reflective layer provided by the ionosphere. Thus, vast distances over land and sea can be reached. More recently, space-based systems have become the tools for navigation, among them the GPS system (Global Positioning System). The advantage of space based systems is that the satellites can easily cover the globe. A user can obtain an accurate three dimensional position (his location and altitude) as soon as at least 4 satellites are in view.

However both navigational systems, space-based systems as well as systems on the surface suffer from the transmission through the ionosphere.

The Omega-system requires it, the LORAN system tries to avoid it and the GPS depends on radio signals that pass through it.' The Sun and Space Weather By A. Hanslmeier

My mind is asking if some of the testing of the above was also taking place during a quiet period?

Also not an easy task considering the 24/7 monitoring of the globe due to tensions with the Soviets.

Any slight shutdown of defenses during this period would leave the West vulnerable to attack.

In 1978 RAF Bawdsey re-opened as a Bloodhound missile site which was part of the UK Cold War defenses. www.bawdseyradar.org.uk...

historicengland.org.uk...

Updating of defensive systems during this period seem plausible, all of which may have been taking place during the quiet period.

edit on 15-2-2018 by AdamE because: Pulse repetition

edit on 15-2-2018 by AdamE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So the 64,000 dollar question.

Was there at some point, an actual physical object, or was the
entire event a bunch of random balls of light / energy effects
which caused people to hallucinate that there was a physical
object present?

I don't know if we will ever get that question answered.

Kev

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The case is almost 40 years old
I think that says enough. I doubt very much the RFI will give up its secrets any time soon .

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

True enough.

But all it would take is one honest soul to come out,
who wasn't drugged/EM'ed and who knew something.

You'd think that someone would want to do so on their
death bed.

Of course death bed confessions for Roswell, i believe
have happened, and it was all an obvious lie. Presumably
their family got $$ for the performance.

We need more loner insiders, who have nothing to lose
by being honest.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Assuming there are those who "KNOW" and are alive to tell it, and would be "ABLE" to tell it ?

In an ideal world honesty would be first prize, but this is not an ideal world and the RFI case is complex to say the least.

We have yet to see any death bed confessions with the RFI case, at least not yet!

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The Rendlesham Forest incident and myth arc are very old.
Society evolves and the curious minds that could uncover the truth are busy with other things.
Before the printing press was invented the general population got their information either directly from nature, or were guided by either church or period art, if they lived near the cities.
Just look at the topic list in recent posts on ATS to see what captivates our collective mind today.
Could be the ageless Illuminati get stuck in lazy looping patterns that don't have the depth of a renaissance period?

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join