It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LGBT community should be outraged!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have spoken about this, though i don't get public coverage as i'm just a young Drag Queen fro Hollywood.

i have and will defends everyone's freedoms even if they don't coincide with my thoughts and beliefs etc.

could i be offended by what he said? yeah i can because it was not only derogatory but also false on a lot of levels, though if it's his belief it's necessarily "false" to him.

but as i have stated, other peoples opinions of me are none of my business, i don't believe there should be discrimination of any kind of the world, for anyone, we are all Human and true equality.

on the other side, i have seen many arguments about how the "Liberal Media" should be fired, and silenced. about how this "Liberal Progressive" should just "shut his/her mouth"

how many times have people said "Liberal Celebrities" should shut their moths they have no right to talk about politics etc

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

We should all be more sensitive to one-anothers feelings, I do get angry at the negativity aimed towards Christians on the forums.

I am alternative in my beliefs, not mainstream Christian, I don't have any answers.

If god is love, then we are all loved, and we should try and emulate that.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here is my opinion and take on the whole thing.

I care as much about this television show's cast as much as anyone else on this planet cares for a "Wowowee" show in the Philippines.

As a social issue, from me looking out here, it seems like a programmed response.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would want respect from people, so i offer my respect to people. we can not agree on views and beliefs, but we don't have to be vicious and malicious to people to make ourselves feel "Superior"

we cannot alter someones view, we can try to show them a different way, we can expose them to other points of light by showing we are Human regardless of belief

Diversity and expression are vital to thriving and existing, without imagination and creativity what are we?

with hate in our heart and hate in our speech what are we gaining? a moment of superiority? a moment of satisfaction of putting someone down based on their Sexuality, Religion, Race, Gender etc?

is that how you want to be treated? is that how you would want someone to treat your family? your children?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I watch shaws of sunset, yes folks I do,

Last show made me cry when Reza the gay Persian, who has a Jewish father and a Muslim mother, was recounting his experiences as a gay Muslim and his moral values, in which he stated he has issues with some gays and the way they portray themselves..

He cannot be openly gay in Iran, and it breaks my heart to see how it affects him.

You know these shows do make you think sometimes.

edit on 123131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes.

I have never called for anyone to be fired for their statements.

Got anything else?

c'mon...mac...you know what I mean...people get fired from private companies for voicing their opinions...it does not matter what side of the political center it comes from, free speech has consequences to your employment status. private companies have the freedom to fire you, if you behave in a way that is detrimental to their business model.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The all powerful Hollywood gay lobby has been working to reshape America for a very long time now and they will not tolerate anyone with different views then the ones that they create.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Xtrozero
The all powerful Hollywood gay lobby has been working to reshape America for a very long time now and they will not tolerate anyone with different views then the ones that they create.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

it's not the toleration of views, it's the actions taken because of those views...knowing the difference, makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

A&E fired him, not the LGBT community. A&E clearly don't have a problem making money off of them as they are continuing running marathons as they know it will get them ratings. it has nothing to do with this "Gay Hollywood" you are talking about

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I've been in the movie industry since 06. The only reshaping they care about is inflating their bank accounts.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That is nice and all, but I have never called for the firing or silence of anyone, regardless of what side they sit on.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

... the LGBT community should be OUTRAGED that anyone is trying to stifle his freedoms! The LGBT community has fought for their rights to openly show their sexuality and be public about it. If they don't step up and say something about this, their rights may be next on the chopping block.

Highly unlikely (the chopping block thing) but the point is valid nonetheless.

The moment we choose not to defend the rights of others but while expecting defense of our own, is the moment we wake up in a sad place, full of regret and with hard lessons learned.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

That is nice and all, but I have never called for the firing or silence of anyone, regardless of what side they sit on.

and that is the issue, things can change quickly, a constant cycle.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The following video sums up the entire thing:

www.youtube.com...

Watch the whole thing.

If you're offended, you're an adult, you can deal with it. People seem bent on destroying another person's life and livelihood over something completely subjective. It's insane. Anyone who wants to live in a self governed society like ours and expects to never get offended in any way shape or form is an idiot.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Oh, and there is no need for me to push or call for Piers to be silenced or fired. His ratings are doing that all on it's own.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm just going to repeat what I said in the main post about Phil:

TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by beezzer

Well, said Beez.

I still like watching the old Adam Sandler/Alec Baldwin Boy Scout sketches, but my favorite so far has to be the Matt Foley sketch.

On the topic at hand, being a gay (trans)man, I have no qualms with Phil's remarks. It's just his choice to believe that unless he meant it as a direct threat to the LGBT community.

Just remember he is "old South", and despite that, I kind of have a bit of respect for him. Even though the stores I go to are just indunated with DD merch.

+3222.
--------

And with that brief interruption by my dog, all I have to say is, I don't really care for Phil or the other Duck Dynasty guys, but they are still human in spite of their backward beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well maybe perhaps its high time we shake things up?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Hollywood Gay Lobby?

My friend, although I am not physically in LA, I do know for a fact that Hollywood is populated by a good chunk of straight whites, Jews and closet pedophiles.

Tell me more about this with sufficient documentation to back this up.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I honestly don't care if someone is homosexual or not. I have homosexual neighbors. They're both in high skill jobs and contribute a lot, both monetarily, and with their own time, to the community. I couldn't ask for better neighbors.

But since you asked for documentation, there is a concerted push in Hollywood for the acceptance of homosexuals. Since I have no problem with them, it doesn't affect me, but to say that there isn't an agenda is bogus. There very much so is an agenda.

news.yahoo.com...

I think the big worry that people have is the creation of another "more than equal" demographic by going too far.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Very true. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. And that includes different opinions on things and also hate speech. Whether people like it or not. Don´t like it? Don´t #ing listen. Easy as that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join