It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LGBT community should be outraged!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Where the "conservative media's" outrage when the Dixie Chicks lambasted GWB over the Iraq war?

ohhhh- that's right- they called for an all out boycott of them.

I guess freedom of speech only counts to conservatives when one of their own puts their disgusting bigotry on display.

But seriously though...I don't know why anyone is surprised that a dumb redneck is anti-gay and uses the bible in condemnation. It's kind of expected of them to behave as such

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

Or when Pierce Morgan talked about Gun Control and everyone said he should be fired, and shut up and kicked off the air. granted he wasn't but people are quick to strike when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by MrPlow

Or when Pierce Morgan talked about Gun Control and everyone said he should be fired, and shut up and kicked off the air. granted he wasn't but people are quick to strike when the shoe is on the other foot.

Exactly. See, that's a better example. I went in the way back machine for mine.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

dlbott

IsntLifeFunny
This website is hilarious. So many take pride in ATS and even act like the majority here are 'in the know', yet when something that is very black and white happens, the majority on here seem to end up on the ignorant side of the argument. I still visit this website for its content, because many posters are educated and offer insight that you won't find in most places, but the majority do not. I'm sure this will be removed, but whatever. The moderation here is hilarious, as well.

So, onto the point for those who get to see my comment before it likely gets removed. If you believe this situation has anything to do with free speech, you are ignorant and in need of educating yourself. This literally has nothing to do with free speech, the First Amendment, nor any notion of protected rights. Nothing. This is two free entities doing and saying what they feel is right for their respective self's. That's it. Any notion to the contrary is hilariously misinformed.

Hahahaha lololololol, let us talk about uneducated and misinformed. Man you really stuck your foot in your butt lol. People hear are talking about free speech as it applies to this company swaying to the morality of who screams the loudest. In this case liberal media outlets and self ascribed spokesman for the gay and lesbian community.
The point is at it's core this about free speech. AE knew exactly what they were getting when they started this show and should not be crying when he exercised his red neck right say whatever the hell he wanted to. Now every single media outlet is devoting twenty minutes each hour arguing whether his right to free speech should have cost his job.

Each media outlet, I just checked four, five, they all arguing free speech. You don't seem to get it, not us.

As for the site, don't stick around for our sake, in ignorant words don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out lol.

The Bot

You apparently have zero idea behind the concept of free speech. Free speech only applies to government denying you the right to your opinion, and even that has certain limits. Is A&E a part of the government?

Another example of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

mattsawaufo
I dont think the lgbt community will care. Figure out the rate of hiv and you are talking about a group of mass serial killers. Not a big surprise these people gain pleasure off others pain.

wow ... you are living in your own world.

You know one of the highest rates of STDs in the nation? Old people.

CDC

Older Populations When people think of those populations most impacted by HIV/AIDS, older persons are often the last to come to mind. However, older people are at increasing risk for HIV/AIDS and other STDs. A growing number of older people now have HIV/AIDS. People age 50 and older represent almost one-fourth of all people with HIV/AIDS in the U.S. (1). Because older people don't get tested for HIV/AIDS on a regular basis, there may be even more cases than currently known.

So, because 25% of all people with HIV/AIDS are old people, by your reasoning, they don't care about anything, they are all mass murderers, and get pleasure out of others pain. How old are you btw?

See, when you manipulate things, especially yours without a source for your bias, you can paint a slanted brush on any 'group' of people.

I'm not gay, but your slander and hate is disgusting. You seem to be the one who seeks pleasure in other's pain, because otherwise, you'd show people more respect, even if they live differently than you.

GLAAD doesn't truly represent all gay people, like the Tea Party doesn't represent all of the GOP, nor does a pedophile priest represent the entirety of Christianity.

The guy didn't even slander gay people, as in context, he speaks out against all sinners, though focusing on sexual acts including adultery and promiscuity. This GLAAD group overreaction is an example how a lot of people don't take in the whole picture and just jump on something without listening to the whole. The partisan idiots do it all the time; liberals this, conservatives that ... while they are both being manipulated to jump on minor crap, hate each other, and ignore the bigger picture.

Don't let these manipulators get away with it; straight, gay, republican, democrat, man, woman, young, old, rich, poor, heritage, nationality. Don't let them control your mind with hate and deceit; or you end up with posters like whom I quoted, and like the ones saying this is a liberal thing; who are oblivious to their blind hate and herd mentality.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Maybe it is time that all those rights you guys are always so proud of, will get mixed with some tolerance.

That will make it all so much simpler in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

WTF is LGBT? Prolly something gay yes?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't think the more aggressive activists are doing their cause any favors but I guess it's really the media giving the power and voice to those who aren't really the live and let live type. Thank goodness you can simply turn the TV off.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
he was paraphrasing the bible that he believes in. he is a preacher, isn't he?

people want to ban that too?

i saw a couple of glaad people on the news and they were foaming! lol!

so what if he believes it's a sin? he was asked his opinion. wtf?

A&E will lose big over this.

Duck Commander is a viable multi million $ company.

they don't need A&E.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

MrPlow
Where the "conservative media's" outrage when the Dixie Chicks lambasted GWB over the Iraq war?

ohhhh- that's right- they called for an all out boycott of them.

I guess freedom of speech only counts to conservatives when one of their own puts their disgusting bigotry on display.

But seriously though...I don't know why anyone is surprised that a dumb redneck is anti-gay and uses the bible in condemnation. It's kind of expected of them to behave as such

politically not a good move at the time, for them.

they got their say, tho. are they out of a job?

hey, how bout the chump that wanted to kill cracka babies?

what happened to him? he get fired? laid off for a while?

bashir? he targeted a single person. not a group, but he was able to resign.

phil quotes the bible and he is the devil. lol!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminawty

It's not, it's something straight

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

tsingtao

bashir? he targeted a single person. not a group, but he was able to resign.

He "resigned" amid an onslaught of conservatives calling for his head.

A lot of the same voices demanding that Bashir be fired (such as Sarah Palin) are now defending Robertson's "right to free speech."

It just depends which side of your bread is buttered.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How did it become this era of not being able to speak freely? Can't say this, can't say that. If somebody makes an ignorant comment, as in this case, then just correct them to encourage an apology, which he gave and move on. Get over it. There's far more important things going on than this silly nonsense.

I don't watch the show.
From what I gather his comments stem from his religious beliefs. He's tainted by that and therefore ignorant. He doesn't understand homosexuality and really, why is he supposed to?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Everyone has something they consider sin or wrong, for instance Gays would consider lying or murder or stealing wrong, most anyway.

As a Christian, I personally never considered sin the main reason to embrace Christianity, for we all sin and fall short, but the love and forgiving one another, or as a way of staying out of hell, I no longer even believe in hell.

Christianity is about comforting one-another on this stinking rock, Rejoicing with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn, feeding the hungry sheltering the homeless, clothing the naked, for when you do for the least of these you do it to the creator.

Above all else, love and forgiveness.

Not casting the first stone, and this,

How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

All people should be able to relate to this, because we here on ATS do a lot of stone throwing, and maybe some that accept homosexuality, hate Christians, so what makes them any better ?
edit on 083131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As a gay man i think the whole thing is stupid. IMO GLAAD is becoming as distasteful as the NAACP.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

redhorse

I am bisexual, female, and I have never watched Duck Dynasty. I read his comments. I don't think he should have been put on any sort of "hiatus". He didn't cross a line. He expressed some opinions that I personally disagree with, and so do many others; but muzzling him doesn't do anyone any favors long term. People need to lighten up, and this man is paying a disproportionate price for that cultural thin skin.

The whole situation is so absurd that I suspect the network was simply looking for an excuse to tank the show. In spite of it's huge popularity at the moment there are signs in the popular culture tea leaves that blow-back is imminent, so maybe they were just gettin' out while the gettin' was good.

Why would a network look to tank the highest grossing reality show ever?? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, knowing that they're in the business of making money, not making friends...

I saw the below story on TMZ earlier today. Yes, I know, TMZ is crap, but when it comes to entertainment they are usually pretty close to the truth...

Phil Robertson disrespected gay employees at A&E ... and THAT'S why he was sacked from "Duck Dynasty" ... sources connected with the network tell TMZ.

We're told A&E CEO Nancy Dubuc felt she could not in good conscience ask gay employees to kill themselves for a show when he disrespected them by calling them sinners.

Our sources say ... gay employees involved in the production -- and there are a number of them -- were outraged by Phil's comments to GQ and wanted Dubuc to give him the ax.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hollywood Gay Lobby?

My friend, although I am not physically in LA, I do know for a fact that Hollywood is populated by a good chunk of straight whites, Jews and closet pedophiles.

Tell me more about this with sufficient documentation to back this up.

Why do people act like they are isolated and can not search for themselves. So after .18 seconds of search I got 6 million hits. I picked out this little essay for you, but just think of what 5 minutes of search would get ya....

Gay Mafia

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

When it comes down to it, we're talking about gratificating holes here. Holes.. are.. inconsequensial...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

ajm4481
As a gay man i think the whole thing is stupid. IMO GLAAD is becoming as distasteful as the NAACP.

My two neighbors are a gay couple of 40 plus years, both are retired teachers and they feel the same. The other funny part is they never got married nor plan to, and asked why they say that only their straight friends suggest they should... I live in Washington State BTW so they could tomorrow if they wanted to.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

CaptainCaveMan

Yeah I get your point, we all have rights, some of us seem to want more rights than everyone else.

You mean like the right to marry, or adopt? Until recently there was still a fight to serve this country in the military. What rights do gays want that straights can't have?

Duck Dynasty guy did not lose his freedom of speech, he said what he wanted and stayed out of jail, he had no fine...his freedom of speech is perfectly intact. He can still go to church and believe what he wants, his freedom of religion is still intact...Freedom of speech isn't freedom from public opinion. If you are a public figure and say things publicly, the public has a right to react.

Please show me the part of free speech that block employers from suspending or firing someone who doesn't represent their business in a way they like.

It seems to me most of you have no idea what free speech actually means.

If you want some real examples of what having no freedom of speech looks like, see north korea.
edit on 21-12-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join