It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by angkory13

While I find it fascinating and worth knowing about.

I cant bring myself to credit any poster who posts a link to an external article and writes 2 lines about it to get stars and flags.

Don't you have any more to say? where's the effort?
edit on 20-12-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Ok ..I do a bit of reading and where as I am not a scholar I have found usually 2 sides to look at ..sometimes neither side is overly convincing and we are left with hunches of our own to make our own opinions ...I will pass this to you to consider .."Since deep time has been unquestioned since the 18th century, the arguments of that time should still be valid and compelling. If not, their failure, combined with the concomitant failure of earth scientists to ever reassess the idea of prehistory1 suggests that the concept was the product of secularist faith. Previous papers in this series have shown logical and empirical flaws in two of the three arguments for deep time, namely valley erosion2 and volcanic terranes." creation.com...

I simple thing I have come to observe is the amount of digging that is done to uncover past civlisations that can only fit the pre-flood scenario ....peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
SO , this prooves for a fact , that Earth has had many many resets ! Many many cataclysmic events , hey 300 million years , figure it out , that is many many many generations ago , just 6,000 years ago , the only technology they had was stone carving , spears , maybe bow and arrows !

Maybe those religious weirdos spewing doom all time are right in their assumptions ! Maybe that person holding "the end is nigh" cardboard sign on the street corner is right .

I come to the conclusion we are just one big social experiment , by whom , I dont know but , Its safe to say that if we dont get along , cant eveolve as a species , someone comes and just presses RESET , and the Caveman era begins from scratch again , Thats what my evidence and research points to ! whether its GOD or some other form of being !

I hope I am wrong LOL , because at this point , our species isnt doing quite so well lol When Brittany spears and Miley Cyrus are the spotlight of humanity , I think its safe to say we are F****ked lol

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I concur wholeheartedly. The only thing that I really question is the fossilized footprints. They are quite interesting. Not sure how to explain that one away.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's always depressing looking at these kinds of threads. Pictures of fossils or crystals (the 'aluminum gears' are just that) presented by dubious websites who are either disingenuous or ignorant... or both.

The vase found in the bedrock in Mass. in 1851 is more curious as I have yet to see a refutation of that one that is solid, though the era was more "gee whiz" and far less discerning coupled with a more lax media... so hard to tell.

Same for iron pot and a few other ones... unfortunately it's murked up by time and hoaxes.

Not to say there isn't plenty of mystery to go around...

edit on 12/20/2013 by Baddogma because: clarity

edit on 12/20/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gonzo1971

If you would like to take the time to read through this link they bring up your question and can explain it .In fact its one of those things we see that standard methods of interpretation fail in my opinion . this is the link and the article . creation.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

abe froman
I found an iphone under a book that was published in 1976 therefore it is proof that an iphone was made by humans 30 years earlier than previously suspected! Poppycock.

When my parents bought an old farmhouse, we were clearing out the overgrowth over the walls and finding bottle tops and soda wrappers dating from the 1970's (things like merri-mac flatpack drinks).

The tricky thing about these artifacts is that if they were discovered in a previously sealed coal seam that would be authentic and believable. As soon as they have been processed by grinding, shaking, rinsing and other industrial processing, then that count's as contamination.

However, given the way that the metal is embeded in that chunk of coal, it does seem to be real. Something like that woud be a metal file part of a hand saw.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
300 mln years sounds a little too far fetched and I doubt civs existed that long (unless about Lemur and Atlantis and how some moved and how some other civs came and gave technology or taught primitive humans some things..) but even if not that old the OP said correctly, HISTORY NEEDS REWRITITING so many times we see things popping up to be older and older by few thousands than thought!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

PowerSlave

Blue Shift

Caver78
The Crinoid stems can be ruled out, but it seems pretty short sighted to assume our history is as simple as has been portrayed to date. The mechanical parts we find in coal are just inspiring.

The problem with locating evidence of an ancient sophisticated mechanical society is that if such a thing existed, it wouldn't just leave a couple of tiny traces of machines lying around. It would be everywhere! One of the first kind of machines you build is a machine that makes other machine parts. Imagine how many nuts and bolts and screws there are just lying around these days. Billions. And that's because we have lots of machines cranking them out.

There's a huge infrastructure involved in creating even one gear or screw. Mining, design, manufacturing, and that's even before we get to the machine that the gears or screws even go into. Where are they? What are they?

And I suppose you could say, well, in all those millions of years, those things disintegrated. But if that's the case, why would this little piece survive when much larger, more durable pieces vanished? We know about dinosaurs because they left huge bones and teeth. Where are the equivalent large pieces of machinery left over from the lost civilization?

Maybe its because those things weren't manufactured on earth, but instead they are remnants of million year old mars rovers... from another civ

That's right...you just keep on moving those goal posts in order to ignore the most simple and obvious explanation.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Pauligirl
That picture appears to be
Iodine Crystals
same picture shown here

I think the first picture is not a real part to the story, it looks like what they found is the small item with double tooth very unnatural looking.Still this picture looks familiar, I think I saw it once a long time back.

edit on 20-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

VegHead
Aluminum would be a very odd choice for gears... it being a very soft metal.

And how did they C14 date Aluminum??

Aluminum gears are common on bicycles - good bicycles anyway.

They date the coal that encapsulated the gear. It's convenient that coal has a high concentration of carbon.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And how did they C14 date Aluminum??
reply to post by VegHead

You can't. It only works on organics.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

While I find it fascinating and worth knowing about.

I cant bring myself to credit any poster who posts a link to an external article and writes 2 lines about it to get stars and flags.

Don't you have any more to say? where's the effort?
edit on 20-12-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

I don't believe in too much talk. If you talk too much you end giving good morning to a horse

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

angkory13
Humanity is far old than official science admits. Everyday new discoveries prove it. Here another artifact that couldn't be exist :

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

altering-perspectives.com...#

I don't know what everyone else sees, but I do not see gears. I do see crystallization of some type of metal maybe. Is this like looking at a cloud and seeing a bunny rabbit?

Since the article also included a picture of Crinoid fossils and assumes they are 500 million year old gears too when that can easily be researched to not be kind of puts suspect to it all.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

TrueBrit

First of all, the last thing that anyone trying to sell the idea of 300 million year old evidence of civilisation should do, is post the article on a website whose motto munches quite as much wheatgrass as the one linked to in the OP.

Furthermore, it seems clear that the item itself has not been carbon dated at all, since it is made of metal of some sort, and therefore has not been absorbing carbon 14, or for that matter any other stuff which would aid in dating its alleged construction. Now, we all know that under heat and pressure, raw metal can behave in some very strange ways, and this would appear to be an example of that. This so called gear rail looks like nothing of the sort to me, and I say that as a person whose job relies on an aptitude for precision engineering.

Also, as mentioned by other posters, this item could have ended up in amongst the coal, by being dropped by a miner, caught up in the raw coal being transported from the mine, processed into lump coal, and discovered by the inquisitive chap who found it, to his great surprise. There has been no scientific rigour applied to the claim that this item, rather than the coal around it, is 300 million years old.

you do realize aluminum doesn't exist in it's pure form on Earth don't you? also i wonder how anyone could even think you can "compress" these objects into already formed coal, it not possible by any means known to mankind.

i have no idea what to make of this, unless the items in question are a hoax, because coal just doesn't work that way, compressed, now that's funny.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

They are crinoid fossils.

It worries me that after several pages people are still asking questions about this rather old and well known hoax.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
whatever civilization they may have had, it doesn't match ors.

We'd find cement pads, roads, and other goodies to be much more common.

Where is their manufacturing center? All those missing components lend creedence to a spaceship or mothership.

unless puma punku etc are all very very old. We aught to be finding tailings piles notheless.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Ok. When coal block is produced, it does not come out of the ground in the same shape as it is when it ends up in a bag on the back of a truck, or indeed when it enters the fire grate.

This is not a natural shape for coal. It has to be processed mechanically to make it this way...

www.rwilkinson-coal.co.uk...

Now then, I say again, is it possible that the process which this stuff went through, to make it this shape, somehow allowed the object in the article to be pressed, crushed, pounded, or otherwise concealed within a lump of the fuel?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Are you kidding me ? A rock is machinery now ?

And yet another thing that is being hidden from us as in older than scientists will admit like they are keeping it a secret. Religion keeps mankind's age a secret but science only reveals truth it doesn't lie. And yes certainly we are older than the six thousand years talked about in Christianity but there was no advanced civilization in earth that was destroyed and kept secret from us. We have evidence from several millions of years ago about the dinosaurs and we have geological evidence of the age of the planet . There is no evidence of any advanced civilization having existed before us and we would have it if it ever existed. Again this is just a rock. I have one that looks just like it that is 2 inches by 2 inches or there abouts. I don't know what it's called but it's a natural rock.

Christianity doesn't talk about 6,000 years, never has. You are referring to fringe groups that hold opinions that the odd one or two people decided roughly 4 centuries ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I want to believe.... But the story, pics, etc have all been proven to be inaccurate.

Thank you for the chuckle though.

Edit:
Read on another site that they also found this.

Maybe they did find proof!
edit on 20-12-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join