It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The Crinoid stems can be ruled out, but it seems pretty short sighted to assume our history is as simple as has been portrayed to date. The mechanical parts we find in coal are just inspiring.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Caver78
The Crinoid stems can be ruled out, but it seems pretty short sighted to assume our history is as simple as has been portrayed to date. The mechanical parts we find in coal are just inspiring.

The problem with locating evidence of an ancient sophisticated mechanical society is that if such a thing existed, it wouldn't just leave a couple of tiny traces of machines lying around. It would be everywhere! One of the first kind of machines you build is a machine that makes other machine parts. Imagine how many nuts and bolts and screws there are just lying around these days. Billions. And that's because we have lots of machines cranking them out.

There's a huge infrastructure involved in creating even one gear or screw. Mining, design, manufacturing, and that's even before we get to the machine that the gears or screws even go into. Where are they? What are they?

And I suppose you could say, well, in all those millions of years, those things disintegrated. But if that's the case, why would this little piece survive when much larger, more durable pieces vanished? We know about dinosaurs because they left huge bones and teeth. Where are the equivalent large pieces of machinery left over from the lost civilization?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

johnb
nice find

link to loads of others (ooparts)

lots of similar ones on this site

Thanks for the link, I only read a few pages, but, WOW, talk about an eye opener.
Tkank you to OP. Definatly a S&F for you.

I just hope I can find this thread again.....Writing it down.......Having issues with the new format...

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Caver78

The problem with locating evidence of an ancient sophisticated mechanical society is that if such a thing existed, it wouldn't just leave a couple of tiny traces of machines lying around. It would be everywhere! One of the first kind of machines you build is a machine that makes other machine parts. Imagine how many nuts and bolts and screws there are just lying around these days. Billions. And that's because we have lots of machines cranking them out.

There's a huge infrastructure involved in creating even one gear or screw. Mining, design, manufacturing, and that's even before we get to the machine that the gears or screws even go into. Where are they? What are they?

And I suppose you could say, well, in all those millions of years, those things disintegrated. But if that's the case, why would this little piece survive when much larger, more durable pieces vanished? We know about dinosaurs because they left huge bones and teeth. Where are the equivalent large pieces of machinery left over from the lost civilization?

Maybe its because those things weren't manufactured on earth, but instead they are remnants of million year old mars rovers... from another civ

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That picture appears to be
Iodine Crystals
same picture shown here

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I love these threads!

There have been a lot of very bizzar things found in layers of rock and coal. Things that just shouldn't be there, but are. One can really get the imagination going speculating how these items came to be.

I find it hard to believe that in all those hundreds of millions of years of fish and amphibians, reptiles and dinosaurs that nothing of significant intelligence ever evolved. Who knows really? Time can erase anything.

As one poster said it could be a part from an Alien "Mars Rover".

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Nowadays, finding a strange artifact in coal is a relatively frequent occurrence. The first discovery of this sort was made in 1851 when the workers in one of the Massachusetts mines extracted a zinc silver-incrusted vase from a block of unmined coal which dated all the way back to the Cambrian era which was approximately 500 million years ago. Sixty one years later, American scientists from Oklahoma discovered an iron pot which was pressed into a piece of coal aged 312 million years old. Then, in 1974, an aluminum assembly part of unknown origin was found in a sandstone quarry in Romania. Reminiscent of a hammer or a support leg of a spacecraft “Apollo”, the piece dated back to the Jurassic era and could not have been manufactured by a human. All of these discoveries not only puzzled the experts but also undermined the most fundamental doctrines of modern science.

I finally am starting to see how carbon dating is being used to date these metallic artifacts!
edit on 19pmThu, 19 Dec 2013 23:24:29 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

MrCasas
How do you carbon date metals? How do they know it's 300 million years old?

The other question I would ask is what is the composition of the metal itself.

Does it contain other elements not found on Earth / Solar system?
Is the metal in fact naturally occurring?
Does it show signs of refinement?
Is the composition something normally found in nature?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

VegHead
Aluminum would be a very odd choice for gears... it being a very soft metal.

And how did they C14 date Aluminum??

That depends on what it was driving and what solution was being used to lubricate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

the humanity is much older than assumed, let say several hundred thousand years instead of the largely assumed less than 6000 of Bible record. Pyramids alone disprove the Bible record of years. But millions of years ago...that could be only a civilization that preceded the human. Not necessarily like us.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by angkory13

I like to look at objects like these when i think of our current expeditions on mars. We have several rovers, operating and not on the surface of mars. Many millions of years from now our sun will expand into a red giant, completely changing the solar system as we know it.

Perhaps, if circumstances were just right mars could support some kind of life. The remains of our rovers, landers, and satellites would long be lost on the martian surface and maybe millions of years later some "martian" life form(entirely theoretical) could find parts of those missions. Leaving them similar questions.

Who is to say millions of years ago when Earth was not what it is today some kind of craft was here, and they long since left expecting no intelligent life.

If we managed to find some distant planet that supported life, and sent a probe out(or several) and later determined there was no intelligent life at that time who's to say millions of years later there wouldn't be. The universe is an enormous place. In our own very short window of looking for life, we would also likely move on to another option in our own search for intelligent life having missed the window by potentially millions of years.

There also poses the question, who is to say Earth has only ever harbored one intelligent species. We just can't know, we are so young and think so highly of ourselves, and yet we know so little of our own history.

Look at the moon, we went a few times and for what ever reason those in charge are totally satisfied with what fraction of a percent we know about it.

We as a species have such a short attention span, and are happy to try and fill in the blanks with what we think we know. We're so incredibly immature as a race it's almost sickening. We are so pompous and full of ourselves and every single day we prove ourselves wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is weak at the least at the most it is so flimsy it makes "lucy" look like a god. Like this evidence without science it means to accept this as anything means I have to abandon common sense. The world is not as old as you think if you take a date between so many years and so many years and believe time is linear then let me say you are wrong. I weld pipes, if I start a job putting fittings on and have to cut one out of a 90 degree at 13 degrees and i eff it up and it is 13.2 degrees or about a 32nd of an inch off over the course of 500 so feet the pipe wouldnt even be in the same ditch. point is, is if i am an 1/8 in off the end result is not going to be nice if what you except as time as linear if time as you know it has a margin of error then the implications of what you thought you knew are already so far off the rails you would make more sense being high and drunk spamming ats because the world is not that old. there is evidence of fossilized leather boots and other trinkets in museums that are only a hundred or so years old guess that dont matter much. Where is the evidence that this is a forged or machined aluminum gear, its heat and temper threshold would be easily obtained or is that non sense to researchers that claim this is a true event? I know a lot about welding aluminum let me tell you it is not the easiest or friendliest of metals its up there with inconel and monel or titanium aluminum is not an easy thing to work with and why the hell would anyone use aluminum as a gear face for anything, we dont do that today when there is alot harder metals easier to work and alot more resiliant to wear. WTF are you trying to say with posting this, are you going to next tell me the pterydactyl came out of large lumps of coal and flew a second and turned into dust and its true? These articles really suck and are an injustice to intelligence and life on this planet.

link   
I don't see how this purported aluminum gear that was found can be concluded to be 300 million years old simply based on the fact that it was found within 300 million year old coal deposits.

This is not a scientifically accurate means to date an object as there could be many explanations as to how an aluminum "gear" would have been inserted into the 300 million year old coal, such as by the means of mineral compression during heating and cooling processes that take place over time.

The gear could have gotten lodged into the 300 million year old coal much earlier than 300 million years ago by means of an external variable ie: someone who misplaced it there/put it there and over time the object melded into the coal.

This article provides ZERO definitive, scientific proof of what it's claiming. It's inaccurate "at best"

strange metal alloys were discovered that were “preserved” in the prehistoric sandstone (age – 240 million years old).

What were these "strange metal alloys" composed of? Or were they scientifically named "strange metallic alloys" by the "professionals" who analyzed them.

link   

First of all, the last thing that anyone trying to sell the idea of 300 million year old evidence of civilisation should do, is post the article on a website whose motto munches quite as much wheatgrass as the one linked to in the OP.

Furthermore, it seems clear that the item itself has not been carbon dated at all, since it is made of metal of some sort, and therefore has not been absorbing carbon 14, or for that matter any other stuff which would aid in dating its alleged construction. Now, we all know that under heat and pressure, raw metal can behave in some very strange ways, and this would appear to be an example of that. This so called gear rail looks like nothing of the sort to me, and I say that as a person whose job relies on an aptitude for precision engineering.

Also, as mentioned by other posters, this item could have ended up in amongst the coal, by being dropped by a miner, caught up in the raw coal being transported from the mine, processed into lump coal, and discovered by the inquisitive chap who found it, to his great surprise. There has been no scientific rigour applied to the claim that this item, rather than the coal around it, is 300 million years old.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I think you were alluding to the same thing I was also trying to say however I found the words

"academically dishonest"

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Not so sure about this one, lets get some independent testing done before making crazy announcements.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

abe froman
I found an iphone under a book that was published in 1976 therefore it is proof that an iphone was made by humans 30 years earlier than previously suspected! Poppycock.

Speaking 30 years How about 46 years ago...
I saw a Movie that had a Pc Tablet in 1968!! Therefore PC Tablet were Made then ! LOL!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Xcathdra

I'm curious if the items found have any connection to the supposed metal cauldrons in Siberia. They theorized it might be some type of defense installation of ET origin. One theory suggests the Tunguska event was a craft being shot down.

On a sidenote: during one of the famous UnConventions held in London (I believe it was 2010) we had a very nice presentation about these cauldrons, actually from folks that went over there to investigate. It proved that the Russian taiga is not as open as you might expect: it is difficult to see further than a few 100 yards as there are lots of densely spread sprigs, twigs and related bushes in the line of vision. The group of investigators brought brightly coloured tents that really stood out in the dull environment, but even then they weren't able to find their own camp without use of GPS devices if they wandered off for more than a few hundred feet. The amazed audience at the UnCon could not help wondering: how did they manage to find the cauldrons at all (as they said they did)? It was with homeric laughter the audience learned how they did it. If you want to know how, simply click this link..

edit on 20-12-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Are you kidding me ? A rock is machinery now ?

And yet another thing that is being hidden from us as in older than scientists will admit like they are keeping it a secret. Religion keeps mankind's age a secret but science only reveals truth it doesn't lie. And yes certainly we are older than the six thousand years talked about in Christianity but there was no advanced civilization in earth that was destroyed and kept secret from us. We have evidence from several millions of years ago about the dinosaurs and we have geological evidence of the age of the planet . There is no evidence of any advanced civilization having existed before us and we would have it if it ever existed. Again this is just a rock. I have one that looks just like it that is 2 inches by 2 inches or there abouts. I don't know what it's called but it's a natural rock.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

What convinces you that pre flood (which is not even a given btw) there was anything more that nomadic tribes wandering around ? What evidence do you offer to support that? As for the flood, there is no evidence of anything other than periodic localized flooding anywhere on the planet and we can certainly read the geologic evidence of what has happened in any given area whether it's past earthquakes past tidal waves or past floods. It's just not adding up for any world covering flood. But of course saying that a man collected a pair of every animal on earth And put them on a boat well. We couldn't even do that now or it would be such an enormous boat. Or are we believing that Noah found polar bears and penguins in a middle eastern desert?
edit on AM0000003100000012125105312013-12-20T06:05:20-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join