It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks Be To The POTUS !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
Retired people make me envious.

More likely than not, they have a pension and social security, medicare, cheap auto insurance, most likely they own their homes, a nice investment portfolio, pretty much everything they own is paid for, zero dependents to support, discounts galore as a Senior, and they have every opportunity to supplement their income with self-employment since they have a lot of free time.

Now tell me if any one else has the same luxuries to look forward to in their golden years.

You just made me think of what my husband's buddy said last year.

My husband is older than me and has health issues that are controlled but bothersome none the less.

Well he and his buddies were comparing their various health problems & all the meds they have to take when one of them said, "You know, what the hell is so great about the effin' Golden Years??? There isn't nothing Golden about them. Only aches and pains. Oh what BS it is!!!"

Hmmm, I think I'd rather my health than money in my so-called Golden Years.
Just saying......

edit on 17-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Seriously? If you're truly a senior citizen, you're among the last generation who will be "taken care of ."
The resources, human and otherwise have been depleted.

Silly string and even affordable nasty cheap food aren't in the future for everyone else.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I hear cassinos remain popular among those budgeting silly string.

The mind reels...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

1.5% raise on SSI this year, means you must receive somewhere $332 or so a month.
And you contributed all of your life?
They are ripping you off if my math is correct and what you say is true.
Although, a 1.5% raise is a joke compared to other cost of living raises.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I get real happy when I get buzzed so a shot of tequila would be my choice and then read these post's again, some are purity funny and a good laugh is priceless.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
Retired people make me envious.

More likely than not, they have a pension and social security, medicare, cheap auto insurance, most likely they own their homes, a nice investment portfolio, pretty much everything they own is paid for, zero dependents to support, discounts galore as a Senior, and they have every opportunity to supplement their income with self-employment since they have a lot of free time.

Now tell me if any one else has the same luxuries to look forward to in their golden years.

I know a few fortunates like that! I wish I was one of them.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Okay OP, we'll have to find you $0.24 somewhere when we count shipping...but I found the perfect use for your $5. There just can't be a better thing to do with it. Nope... This beats 'em all.

A Special Kind of Magnet

Surely that extra quarter or so can be found somewhere.

Well, Wrabbit; that took me to the check-out page, and my 'shopping cart' is empty.
I do like your idea, though. Can my stars and points be spent in the ATS store?

I REALLY like the Skeptic Overlord button, but I must admit I find his avatar quite intimidating! FAR worse than being sent to the principal's office - more like standing before a judge for juvenile delinquents!
I honestly didn't know there was a store!
I love to shop!
Especially on line! ( I don't need my cane, and "I'm about to die from old age" act so kind people will let me cut to the front of the line!)
You have great ideas; thanks!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

A down payment on a torch and pitchfork?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

aboutface
If you don't absolutely need it, perhaps you can buy a couple of cans of meat or some such for the food bank? My local store has a bin now set aside for food bank donations and I try to give something every time I shop.

While $5 is not much, with the economy these days, I'm only thrilled they didn't reduce your cheque. So congratulations.

I am too!
Living at more than 150% below poverty level ( for my state) can be a bit of a challenge.
My social security check is (WAS) $13.00 too much to qualify for any subsidy on medicine, so it would have been better in my case not to get a 'raise'.

My out-of-pocket prescription expense can exceed my income at times, but it's all good. A lot of that crap doctors prescribe is poison, anyway!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Are you kidding me? With Obamacare, I have 35 million new dependents to support.

Des

And I want you to know I truly appreciate it!
P.S. Could you please give me a REAL cost of living increase in my allowance next time?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

You're right, Snarky!
If one were lucky enough to have had a good job with a company that had good retirement plans for most of their working life, the 'golden years' can be comfortable.
The current generation will probably be the last of middle class America that will have a chance at such luxuries, though.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

hurdygurdy
I hear cassinos remain popular among those budgeting silly string.

The mind reels...

There seem to be two classes of seniors; those who had life-long, good paying jobs that allowed them to invest for senior years, and those who did not.
Those who did not walk a thin line every month, and I'd gladly give up one or two meals for a can of silly string! (Laughter doesn't turn to *hit)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

g146541
reply to post by nugget1

1.5% raise on SSI this year, means you must receive somewhere $332 or so a month.
And you contributed all of your life?
They are ripping you off if my math is correct and what you say is true.
Although, a 1.5% raise is a joke compared to other cost of living raises.

Your math is incorrect, but the rest of your statement is spot on.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by nugget1

I get real happy when I get buzzed so a shot of tequila would be my choice and then read these post's again, some are purity funny and a good laugh is priceless.

Oh, Battleline-you just might have something there!
How much are thaose little samples of booze selling for now-a-days?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by nugget1

A down payment on a torch and pitchfork?

To shovel the BS into a pile and burn it?
Imagine the aroma!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

nugget1

Destinyone
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Are you kidding me? With Obamacare, I have 35 million new dependents to support.

Des

And I want you to know I truly appreciate it!
P.S. Could you please give me a REAL cost of living increase in my allowance next time?

Looking at my budget...hmmmmm....YES, I can afford to send you 1 (one) can of silly string...YAY!

Or...a baby goat....your choice.

Des

edit on 17-12-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

The raise is 1.5%, so if you are getting $5.00...
I don't see the error.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

g146541
reply to post by nugget1

I don't see the error.

Then I would have to say I've been cheated! I only got a $5.00 increase!
Are you insinuating that our government isn't good at handling math and money?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh, my gosh! I want the baby goat! So cute!
Actually; on second thought, I had a pet goat once......
Silly String it is!
Thanks, Des!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

g146541
reply to post by nugget1

I don't see the error.

Thank you for calling that to my attention. I got out last years statement, and once again I have egg on my face.
I spent this whole year thinking I had $8.00 more a month coming in than I actually did.! My increase is $13.00 a month!! Woopie pies are on me!
Wait! That means I am ( 12X8+) $96.00 short.....!
Now I have to decide if I should file bankruptcy or get a loan...either way, I now have $3.00 less a month to live on for the WHOLE year!
Thanks a whole lot, mr. potus.....!
Nugget

P.S. Mods please move to 'Skunk Works'......
:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join