It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Brings His White Girlfriend Into A Harlem Barbershop - Watch What Happens.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+97 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This video is pretty powerful. I wish everyone regardless of color had the attitude the last woman did. It is in our government's best interest to have us divided (race, religion, sexual preference, gender, etc..) This is how we beat them!

Note: I am a high school teacher in Texas and each year it seems like race is becoming less and less of a factor to kids (except for state testing purposes -don't get me started)

I also really enjoy the ratings-based title. Ha!
edit on 13-12-2013 by stdscf12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
its nice to see real people out there caring less and less about race.

but i still find it hard to avoid that little "native american" check-box i can use.
im not even keeping up against "caucasians" as those boxes use to be for. now there are plenty of special treatments for other non-whites that are dwarfing my chances.

everyone is so overly special and overly helped, that eventually we will all be equal when its no longer possible to afford to try and be equal XD
edit on 13-12-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's pretty amazing what you actually see on the street, with real people, compared to what the Government and most media try to shove down our throats isn't it?

BTW, I love that show! Hubby laughs because I get so heated over some of scenarios.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

Wonder how many takes they had to do to find one that did the right thing. Kudos to her though.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great video, I really enjoyed it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wish more people of all races would step up like these few people did. It's time for our species to grow up. Racism is what those who would keep us divided want. They thrive on our inability to come together toward a common goal. Division weakens. Unity strengthens.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Bisman
its nice to see real people out there caring less and less about race.

but i still find it hard to avoid that little "native american" check-box i can use.
im not even keeping up against "caucasians" as those boxes use to be for. now there are plenty of special treatments for other non-whites that are dwarfing my chances.

everyone is so overly special and overly helped, that eventually we will all be equal when its no longer possible to afford to try and be equal XD
edit on 13-12-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

The only thing dwarfing your chance is your self imposed chains of ignorance and fear. How heavy those chains fall on your shoulders is up to you and you alone.

The trick to stopping racism is stopping the disease that is the progressive mindset. The symptoms are easy to see..........Fear,apathy,entitlement,intolerance.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow

I was blown away by the gay woman's vibe!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

What's ridiculous about common sense? Also, you comment about 10 year olds says it all. Fact. Children are not born racist. They are taught how to be that way growing up! Ever see toddlers NOT playing with another toddler based on the color of their skin?

Maybe this video struck a chord with you and your political agenda? I really don't know, only you can justify your feelings.

But I sure as hell can tell you this! "This video does more to show the ignorance of people and their attitudes towards those whom have a different color skin and also sends a strong message about what we need to accept and strive towards as human beings to make this world a better place! As for the MSM that is promoting racial hatred? Maybe that is more up your alley?".....

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I think what they meant by ridiculous is that there's no hiding a reality show crew in a barbershop, everyone there knew they were being filmed for television, and the video is completely staged. It's fake, and by the looks of it, I have to a agree. A little piece of programming to counter the wave of black on white racism stories permeating the news recently.

"Reality" television is heavily manipulated by producers.
edit on Fri51Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:51:18 -06003113Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I think what they meant by ridiculous is that there's no hiding a reality show crew in a barbershop, everyone there knew they were being filmed for television, and the video is completely staged. It's fake, and by the looks of it, I have to a agree. A little piece of programming to counter the wave of black on white racism stories permeating the news recently.

If that is the case then I publicly apologize for misunderstanding......

But the message rings true whether rigged or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is so refreshing putting TV to good use for a change.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

No worries, i was referring to the video being staged and shown as reality television and should have been clearer.

I completely agree with the message it is trying to convey.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified, post by Bisman, post by stdscf1

Well said...and it`s not just about the race, As said, it`s also about the gender, sexual orientation, religion and culture diversity that they want to thrive on. It`s actually any kind of diversity that they want to keep us apart and not see that the only issue is about being us people against the system of control that is exploiting us on all fronts.

Anyhow, I actually think that their plan will fail and they(all the governments of the world) will in the end unite us when we will be able to see the real picture and fed up enough to be all in the streets across the globe simultaneously.

And sth like this will eventually happen...it`s inevitable the way things are going now.

If the video doesn`t work for you, try here

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I find the media and government try to push racism onto us.
I think most racists are over the age of twenty.
The young kids growing up seem to be far from racist.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

It's a beautiful dream, but we have a long way to go before we arrive at anything resembling that 8 minutes of video. It's unfortunate that billions will needlessly die, before we arrive at the next step in our "social evolution", for lack of a better term.

I don't believe in god, but if there is one, and that entity cares anything for us at all. Now would be a good time...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The video was posted already by Spider. It's staged.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

DeepVisions

The white woman was an actor and was in on it. The customers in the shop were the marks.

*If the whole production is staged, it's entirely possible, yet, it's still sending a better message than Jersey Shore… or Snookis Baby or whatever reality show is being pushed from the sewer…
edit on 13-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

kimish
The video was posted already by Spider. It's staged.

As Boncho pointed out... the *scenario* is staged of course... but as far as we know the reactions are not.

And if the customers reacting are also acting... then I'll still give a nod of approval to the enjoyable theater.

Win either way.

Think of "Rachael" as the visible portion of "TPTB" (politians, celebrities) with the host being the monitoring (NSA, CIA)... and all of us being the customers. We're all participating in a giant game of "will you support the people deliberately trying to provoke others... or will you stand up for those being provoked". "Will you take the bait to cheat your way to the top... or will you pass and earn it", etc. etc. The visible people being jerks know why they are being jerks... do those copying them or supporting them know why they are copying them?

I'm willing to continue to entertain that thought toward the whole spying revelations thing being part of disclosure... getting everyone used to the idea that we've already been being monitored in excruciating detail long before we were spying on ourselves. There is nothing about us that is not known by everyone "out there" if they wish to know it. The shock of that would be too much though... so first we get ourselves used to being spied on by ourselves and handling *that*... then work our way up to "them other observers".

/hug and have fun!
edit on 13-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join