It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Man Brings His White Girlfriend Into A Harlem Barbershop - Watch What Happens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
And then we loose ourselves in endless discussions about extraterrestrials that do not show themselves openly in public. Reading the comments here and on the vid makes me sick, really.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Let me put it this way- for over 15 years I have a job where I work with the public. On an almost daily basis there is a scene where a patron gets upset or angry about something and one of us (my colleagues and I) has to "handle" the situation. Experience tells me that when there is a spontaneous, emotionally charged situation it is extremely difficult for your average human being to try to address the matter without getting flustered and struggling to find the right words, let alone give a beautiful, articulate speech. And it has nothing to do with race.

Sal

stopbeingnaive
So what you're saying is it has to be a hoax because they handpicked three articulate African Americans for their show?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My reply in another thread regarding the same video.

Auricom
reply to post by Spider879

I've seen this and read somewhere it was all staged unfortunately. I'm losing more and more faith in these "feel good" videos floating around.

Racism is alive and well, and it's not white on black racism either. I won't go into details about crime rates and statistics as anyone can find that out via a simple Google search. However I will say that history repeats itself.

I read that it was all staged (including the "reactions") in attempt to create a viral video. (Which it did.) I don't recall who was behind it, but it was a firm that specializes in "viral feel good videos".

So yeah, not biting on this one at all. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stdscf12

That was great. It was real. I don't care if it was staged or not, the message is real, possible and happens everyday. Ordinary people doing extraordinary things for each other. Speaking up for unity in the trenches. This is where it starts. How it starts.

The people who go out and perpetuate the negativity of active racism, do so because of all the sound bites and scewed crime stats that suggest that this is the way it is. People see this on T.V., buy it hook line and sinker, get angry and say things in the same vein that they hear on the news.

People need to start turning off their electronic devices, and go out and see for themselves how people treat each other. Not only how they treat each other, but why they do what they do. I can all but guarantee that 80% of the negativity that you see in action is backed up by words that sound like a regurgitated news cast. The other 20% are the people who don't buy what they're being sold by the MSM. They're the one's who do positive things.

edit on 15-12-2013 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I care so much about who is dating who, and who is boinking who, and of which race creed or color they are. So much so, that I watched 10 seconds of that vid and read you opening paragraph. Its all just stupid #....I mean who cares? People can do what they want to, and that includes whatever racial predispositions they have or are into...Really and I am supposed to care...Because?...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

DeepVisions
I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

I second that.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

DeepVisions
I'm sorry but these kinds of videos are ridiculous. They act like the white woman had no idea there was a whole camera crew in the shop. It's like these television programs are set up for people with the mindset of 10 year olds.

10 year olds, believe it or not, have minds of their own. They question things adults tell them because what adults tell doesn't jibe with common sense. Something 10 year old's still have that adults do not. This is why video's like this are so powerful. They're a splash of cold water on the face of the adults who actually need it. And that number seems to grow every day.

I agree that it shouldn't be needed. But it is and you know it.

I too don't care about who boinks who, but that's not the point. The point is that people are told they should care by the MSM, they don't question it because they are grown adults who have been programmed not to question authority and believe what they're told.

Know any 10 year old's like that? I don't.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

"race" is actually an invention of man, people are different because of selective breeding and the separation that occurred by language long time ago at tower of Babel, then it probably broke down into even more variations of language and peoples as we see in the USA itself with variations of language and cultures we have here. We all came from Noah and his children after the flood though, we are all related at some point.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

SallieSunshine
Let me put it this way- for over 15 years I have a job where I work with the public. On an almost daily basis there is a scene where a patron gets upset or angry about something and one of us (my colleagues and I) has to "handle" the situation. Experience tells me that when there is a spontaneous, emotionally charged situation it is extremely difficult for your average human being to try to address the matter without getting flustered and struggling to find the right words, let alone give a beautiful, articulate speech. And it has nothing to do with race.

Sal

stopbeingnaive
So what you're saying is it has to be a hoax because they handpicked three articulate African Americans for their show?

I think you might be comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepImpactX

Real world really.

I lived in an area that was largely populated by blacks, about 95%. Went to the local Shell Mart one day. Young black woman behind counter. In walks this young white girl, black girl recognizes her. Black girl tells white girl to stay away from her brother because white girl just goes from one black man to another. Told the white girl "all you see is black and don't give a d#m about the man". Blacks have a word for white girls like that. Anyway it was interesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Auricom
My reply in another thread regarding the same video.

Auricom
reply to post by Spider879

I've seen this and read somewhere it was all staged unfortunately. I'm losing more and more faith in these "feel good" videos floating around.

Racism is alive and well, and it's not white on black racism either. I won't go into details about crime rates and statistics as anyone can find that out via a simple Google search. However I will say that history repeats itself.

I read that it was all staged (including the "reactions") in attempt to create a viral video. (Which it did.) I don't recall who was behind it, but it was a firm that specializes in "viral feel good videos".

So yeah, not biting on this one at all. Sorry.

Source(s) please. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean s***.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

This is what is progressive. Not what "progressives" are about. It's about this.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

kimish
The video was posted already by Spider. It's staged.

Does anyone even know what this is? It's a show that has been coming on since 2008 called "What would you do?" They hide cameras in places, set up some akward scenario, and then see people's reactions to the scenario. Of course you have to stage something to get a reaction out of others not involved.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
refreshing and thought provoking.

many thanks for posting.

S&F

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
great video, and for those that can't understand that it was set up to force reactions from customers not in on it...well, I'm scratching my head at that.

I was in a similar scenario...in a waiting room of doctors office while my dad was getting a procedure done. There were half a dozen people waiting all of us white (I think, sometimes who knows) and this racist older man was loudly talking to a younger lady - talking about blacks...how dishonest they all are, they're all thieves and lazy...even used the term "burr-heads"...The lady was just nodding her head in agreement in a clear attempt to shut the guy up. I was seething and wanted to yell at the guy and tell him that my niece is black, etc etc but he was older and according to his hat a WWII vet. I was conflicted because I have such respect for the few WWII guys still living.

Everyone was very uncomfortable but none of us said anything. We all just looked at each other in disbelief...especially when the nurse who was black came into the waiting area for various reasons. I regretted not saying anything ever since.
edit on 12/16/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

andy1972

stopbeingnaive

DeepVisions

You obviously don't have the cognitive capability of a ten-year-old. Of course the white woman knew about the cameras. She was part of the skit. The experiment was to see if the patrons would speak up. If you're trying to say the camera crew was in plain sight, there are such things as hidden cameras. It kind of scares me to know so many people like yourself frequent this site.
edit on 15-12-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

Damn, you beat me to it....

I hope there isnt many like him here....

A good experiment, and a good result.

A refreshing view of your average African American, cool, calm, collected and educated.

"man, thats ignorance, and i don't deal with ignorance"...

There's resistance and snide remarks beause....just simply go to the thread talking about "The Knockout Game". You will probably find some of the same contributors from this thread in that one. And this video showing Black people behaving normal doesn't further their agendas.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ohhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh!

Upon reviewing the video, I'm sorry to say that this flies in the face of many our ATS posters who backhandedly attempt to paint black people as animals.

This shows a clean, successful company.
The people are well behaved.
The people can't speak.
The white woman wasn't "knock out gamed".

There's nothing to be gained by certain people at this site so they will avoid the thread or doubt the authenticy of the video.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I like how people think this is a new viral video or something. This an OLD show, and they've been doing things like this for a long time. I'm amazed how some people pull bull out their asses trying to make it seem like this was done by a firm. Way before any of this "Knockout Game" nonense. Where are all these posters coming from? GLP?
edit on 17-12-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

andy1972

stopbeingnaive

DeepVisions

You obviously don't have the cognitive capability of a ten-year-old. Of course the white woman knew about the cameras. She was part of the skit. The experiment was to see if the patrons would speak up. If you're trying to say the camera crew was in plain sight, there are such things as hidden cameras. It kind of scares me to know so many people like yourself frequent this site.
edit on 15-12-2013 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

Damn, you beat me to it....

I hope there isnt many like him here....

A good experiment, and a good result.

A refreshing view of your average African American, cool, calm, collected and educated.

"man, thats ignorance, and i don't deal with ignorance"...

Nothing about this clip is real. You obviously have never worked or known anyone who has worked in television. Every single line in this was prewritten along with just about every other "reality" show you watch. A very, very small percentage of television producers care more about a message being sent than the ratings they receive.

If you honestly believe these are real reactions you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join