It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Okay That Our Food is Tortured Before Butchering?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you hunt and kill your own meat there is no need to worry about any of this, and you don't have to worry about all the extra hormones the animals have been fed. I seriously have never understood how one can complain about killing animals to eat but they will kill planets to eat them. Plants are alive too.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

signalfire

And your grammar and spelling skills need work.

I have dyslexia....deal with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

signalfire
. "Quality' pet food is almost unaffordable, because it would be the same as human food, and few people are going to spend 100s every month on dog food for a large animal.

Actually I do....no junk food for my little baby.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

signalfire
And your grammar and spelling skills need work.

If you want to engage people in discussion you should leave these type of comments at the door

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's not at arms length for me. I worked in the chicken industry for 7 years. From barn to further processing. I just did the math. Over 5,000,000 of those tasty buggers I'm responsible for. I make no apologies for that.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

intrepid
. Over 5,000,000 of those tasty buggers I'm responsible for. I make no apologies for that.

NAZI!

You have the same blood on your hands as Hitler!

/joke

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Well, we could all get Kobe beef...but that is hella expensive.

That's why I enjoy hunting for my meat. Nothing like the sound of nature followed by the crackle of a gun echo'n though the hills. Or traps - a little bait and some time...SNAP! Squished critter. My favorite brand of traps are the old Conibear's.

Minimal suffering for tasty meat IMO.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has anyone research lactic acid build up because of stress and pain? What effect does this have on us eating meat soaked in lactic acid?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is what is next for us people.
We will be going to jail for eating meat.

Laugh if you like, but a 22 year old man was arrested in New Jersey in October for shooting at a rubber ducky in his backyard with an Airsoft gun. Now, they are requiring people (read children) that own BB guns to register them.

We're screwed.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

butcherguy
. Now, they are requiring people (read children) that own BB guns to register them.

Even the Uk isnt that bad, I have 2 BB guns and never had to register them

My favorite is my crossbow. It can deliver the same kentic enery on impact as a low powerd hand gun.
edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
On certain planes, it is not okay. When violence and pain are introduced along the food chain, the energy carries all the way to the eventual consumer of the food. The fear in the meat becomes absorbed as well as the nutrients. Though mechanically the physical body is nurtured, the more subtle and spiritual bodies find the energetic disharmony introduced by the violence. Buddhists are aware of this real dynamic.

Hunters are aware of this as well. It is physically explained as such: if the animal is not killed instantly, its system is shocked, releasing a rush of endorphins, adrenaline, and coping chemicals. In short, the physical embodiments of fear and violence. This is known to spoil the taste of the meat. This is why a hunter ought to drop prey in one shot, as opposed to wounding the animal and having to chase it down.

Energy is present in food throughout the food chain. The hunter would do well to prayerfully and thankfully take his game, dress it with respect and gratitude, and eventually cook it with conscious love. Indigenous hunters and animal farmers everywhere, across time, have been aware of this dynamic.

And what happens in nature, when the eagle seizes the fish, or the coyote finally clutches the rabbit in its jaw? Somehow, I think this is not an unnatural violence or torture. it is purely love, and the prey finds contentment at death.
I read a journal of an English explorer of Africa; he was taken into a lion jaws, facing death, and somehow escaped to write about it. In the moments in the lion's jaws, he wrote, rather than dread or fear, his natural reaction was of a profound peace. Here I think he was in Tao, or pure natural flow.

Factory animal farming and slaughter are far far from Tao. The inherent lack of love and consideration, abuse, fear, and violence do not die with the animal. After all, we are what we eat.
edit on 11-12-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't have to worry about how my meat was raised because I don't eat factory farmed meat.
Factory farming is a disgusting practice.
That said, I am a meat eater.

My meat comes from humane raised/kill, local ranches. Organic free range grass fed.

Healthy, happy animals provide healthy meat. Sickly, factory farmed animals do not.

All those studies on red meat causing heart problems, comes from people eating factory farmed meat. You don't have those problems with animals who ate a natural diet and wasn't raised in a tiny cage.
You can taste the difference too!

If vegans and vegetarians want to attack how factory farm animals are treated, go for, but don't attack meat eaters because many of us abhor those practices too.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

calstorm
I
If vegans and vegetarians want to attack how factory farm animals are treated, go for, but don't attack meat eaters because many of us abhor those practices too.

Exactly!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It is a tradition of mine to eat reindeer sausage for breakfast on Christmas morning.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To me, there is no "humane" way to enslave, torture and slaughter animals for public consumption. That's the main reason, I try to avoid commercially produced meat and dairy products when I can. I'm probably being hypocritical because I still, on occasion, will eat cheese and eggs. And, dairy cows and chickens are the most tortured animals of them all when it comes to production farms.

Now, on the other hand, if I was out in the wild, where the animals have roamed free without human interaction, and if, by chance, I was starving or could not get enough nourishment from wild edibles, I would partake of hunting to survive. It would be difficult for me, but if I had to do it, I would and I wouldn't regret it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

It is a tradition of mine to eat reindeer sausage for breakfast on Christmas morning.

Bambi burgers are my favorite

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

"OMG, you killed Rudolph. You bast....."

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Carreau
I am disgusted by the way fruits and vegetables are ripped from their roots, torn from trees and tortured by slicing and dicing them before being consumed.

They do not even kill them first before doing that - vege's must really hate plants to torture them that way!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
How do you know if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they'll tell YOU.

# # #

Seriously though, people trying to preach about their lifestyle choices are as bad as proselytizing religious nuts. I can't stand anyone that thinks their choices are superior to others.

I will make sure to eat a nice, juicy steak in your honor, OP.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's such a pain in the butt to kill, butcher, wrap and freeze animals myself anymore that I don't mind going to the store to get meat. I can no longer traipse though the woods or drag a carcass out.

I like meat, I'm not ashamed to admit it and veggies can mind their own business.

A lot of people wouldn't even begin to have an idea how to process an animal for food so it's necessary to have it done for them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join