It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd co-founder Waters draws parallels between Israel, Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Pink Floyd co-founder Waters draws parallels between Israel, Nazi Germany

Pink Floyd co-founder Roger waters defended his cultural boycott of Israel in an interview published over the weekend, accusing Israel of ethnic cleansing and referring to the Jewish state as a racist apartheid regime. "For an artist to go and play in a country that occupies other people’s land and oppresses them the way Israel does, is plain wrong. They should say no. I would not have played for the Vichy government in occupied France in the Second World War, I would not have played in Berlin either during this time," Waters said in the interview with online magazine Counterpunch.

Waters never was one to keep his opinion to himself. This is only one of the parallels between Israel and the Nazis they are too numerous to list. If Israel gets any more like the Nazis they will have to start teaching goosestepping in the schools.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Good for him. I like Roger Waters and his music, both with Pink Floyd and afterwards. I certainly agree with his decision.

In some ways he's a bit confusing as he uses much Nazi themed backgrounds, costumes and themes in his concerts. Even the Hammerskin Nation uses his double walking hammers as a logo.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Love their music, but the quality of the recreational chemicals must be staggering at that level. put his political stance right there with Ms Tequila, entertainers hold no real world substance in politics or theory...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I disagree...
Like it or not, someone who is loved and admired by millions is heard and understood better than politicians or regular people.

People relate to these people because they relate to the music.

Now, this isn't saying that every celeb has pull (Kardashian as an example).. but someone from Pink Floyd.. someone who was a major influence on today's older generation (with the music back in the day) will reach a large audience and make them think.

Does this make him right?.. well that depends which side of ''decency'' you stand on.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sorry, I must have missed the nazisrael song, what album was it on? I, like some take things at face value and understand it has meaning, but I leave the true BS to rappers and do not give a rats rear of entertainer's political opinions. let the masses enjoy the ride, but the substance must have truth in its storyline. fly with the flock has never been my goal....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Normally I'm not big on celebrities using their star power to push an agenda.
But in this case, I fully agree.
I boycott and talk down anything israel as they are a terrorist state.
I just wish I could stop my portion of tax dollars going over there.
If they are going to murder folks, I'd just like to stop supporting them.
If you don't fully understand my extreme dislike for israeli terrorists, check my sig.
S&F OP.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Waters, not a bad song writer, but just another out of touch ignoramus on political issues.

Israel occupies land it won fair and square when war was declared on them. For once Jews fought back, and won, this naturally infuriated a certain sort.

Israel has a right to sovereignty and if they do not feel like appeasing those who have clear commands from their "god" to subdue or kill Jews, that's their call.

This also naturally infuriates a certain sort.

I stand with Israel.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Israel occupies land it won fair and square when war was declared on them. For once Jews fought back, and won, this naturally infuriated a certain sort.

No the Zionist won not Jews and if you would take the time to look you would know that annexing land by force is against international law. That is why when a person says that the "settlements" are illegal they are right.

Israel has a right to sovereignty and if they do not feel like appeasing those who have clear commands from their "god" to subdue or kill Jews, that's their call.

Israel does have the right to sovereignty but it doesn't have the right to murder and imprison people in camps that the Nazis would have been ashamed of.

This also naturally infuriates a certain sort.

Please explain what this certain sort is.

I stand with Israel.

Then you stand for hate, racism, murder, theft, and a government that wages war on children. Those are some pretty sick things to stand for.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So when Israel responds to acts of aggression against vermin who attack from behind women and children for the sole purpose of parading their bodies before a sympathetic press, it is Israel who is to blame?

Zionists are Jews, whose country is Israel.

No one forced Palestine to declare war on Israel, they got their savage bums handed to them and rightly so. International law did not prevent Israel from being attacked, Israel compensated themselves with land from their attackers.

I call that just desserts.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

buster2010

Please explain what this certain sort is.

The sort who sympathises with animals who are clearly commanded by a certain alleged deity to subdue or kill Jews.

The sort who generally identify with progressive politics, as progressives have historically demonstrated hostility towards Jews.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It's not about their claim to the land that I have a problem with (by the way, you make it sound like the Jews didn't win battles before, they've won tons of battles in the past). It's their CONSTANT badgering of their neighbors then coming to America for support and aid when those other countries get pissed off. Look at Iran, they haven't attacked anyone in over 200 years yet it seems like at least once a month Israel comes out and says that Iran is getting ready to attack them. Then about once a year Israel lobs some bombs into another country then cries for sympathy when they retaliate. It's all stupid. If Israel wants to be like that, we as Americans need to just forget about that country. Let them defend themselves and bail themselves out of the messes they create, not let them do it for us.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Only if you pretend that Iran does not engage in proxy aggressions in the region can you believe that Iran hasn't "attacked" anyone in 200 years.

Talk about "badgering" hm?

Israel, understanding certain the nature of a very popular religious doctrine in the region is understandably sensitive to activities from the devout states that surround them.

Israel is a US ally, and allies have responsibilities to each other. Would you recommend changing that status with Israel?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Roger waters defended his cultural boycott of Israel

He's not alone, is he?

Denial of its responsibility for the Nakba — in particular the waves of ethnic cleansing and dispossession that created the Palestinian refugee problem — and therefore refusal to accept the inalienable rights of the refugees and displaced stipulated in and protected by international law;
Military occupation and colonization of the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza since 1967, in violation of international law and UN resolutions;

The entrenched system of racial discrimination and segregation against the Palestinian citizens of Israel, which resembles the defunct apartheid system in South Africa;
Since Israeli academic institutions (mostly state controlled) and the vast majority of Israeli intellectuals and academics have either contributed directly to maintaining, defending or otherwise justifying the above forms of oppression, or have been complicit in them through their silence,

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

Only if you pretend that Iran does not engage in proxy aggressions in the region can you believe that Iran hasn't "attacked" anyone in 200 years.

Talk about "badgering" hm?

Israel, understanding certain the nature of a very popular religious doctrine in the region is understandably sensitive to activities from the devout states that surround them.

Israel is a US ally, and allies have responsibilities to each other. Would you recommend changing that status with Israel?
Israel is no one's ally except themselves.The world is finally understanding the true nature of the Zionist regime and I am sure there will be more celebs/Artists who will jump on the train and boycot anything Israeli...And to be honest with you ,yes ,I think most Americans are sick and tired of this greedy,whining,troublemaker "ally" and they are willing to change that status....Cheers to Roger waters,he is deeply loved worldwide, despite being an a hole every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shapur

The Jew scapegoating is as strong as ever among the progressives of the day.

If only it weren't for those damn Jews, the world would be a better place, hm?

Now, where have I heard that before?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

At the drop of a hat. For allies they seem to be CONSTANTLY in need and asking for our help. No other nation abuses this whole ally thing like Israel does. Heck they have their very own lobby in this country so they can readily ask for more money and support at a moments notice.

Here is some background on Israel's wars:
Israel's Wars

The more publicized reports shape the Israeli/Palestinian conflict as an embattled Israel that struggles for security by repelling attacks from antagonists. By removing ourselves from the cinematic Exodus perspective, and briefly examining the Middle East wars with less publicized information, another dimension to the struggles is revealed; [b[how the world misperceived each crisis, and allowed Israel to extend its territory and guide the Middle East conflict in its own direction.

You know if I had a friend who constantly picked fights with other people then got me to help them finish them, I'd eventually stop hanging out with them. Like I said, Israel doesn't deserve to be our ally anymore. Drop them and let them fend for themselves. I guarantee their whole attitude will change once they realize we won't be coming to their aid anymore.

By the way, I don't give a damn about Zionists or the Jews there or whoever is running that country. I just REALLY hate to see a supposed friendship abused like this and that is what two allied countries are supposed to be, friends (at least as far as countries go).
edit on 10-12-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

You know if I had a friend who constantly picked fights with other people then got me to help them finish them, I'd eventually stop hanging out with them.

And when was the last time we cleaned up Israels mess? When they rightly bombed Iraq's enrichment facilities without our help?

Or what?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I hate to repeat this phrase but, there is a difference between the Jews and the Zionists. If anything Jews have been and are the primary victims of the Zionists, just look at what's happening in the world right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That may have to do with Obama not having good relations with that country. Bush certainly helped them out. Though keep in mind, just because we may not send troops to help them out, doesn't mean we aren't helping them. We send billions of dollars in aid every year over there, plus we've sent weaponry in the past including bunker buster bombs and jet fuel during the Israel-Lebanon conflict.

Israel/U.S. war relations

On 14 July 2006, the U.S. Congress was notified of a potential sale of $210 million worth of jet fuel to Israel. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency noted that the sale of the JP-8 fuel, should it be completed, will "enable Israel to maintain the operational capability of its aircraft inventory", and "The jet fuel will be consumed while the aircraft is in use to keep peace and security in the region".[32] It was reported in 24 July that the United States was in the process of providing Israel with "bunker buster" bombs, which would allegedly be used to target the leader of Lebanon's Hezbollah guerilla group and destroy its trenches.[33]

Here an article that sums up many of my sentiments:

Israel Has Reached Childhood's End -- It's Time to End U.S. Aid to Israel

It's been over 15 years since PM Netanyahu's speech to a joint session of Congress stating Israel's goal of economic independence. In 1997, Israel received $3.1 billion in aid from the U.S. In 2012, Israel was still receiving $3.1 billion annually in U.S. aid. We haven't made much progress towards PM Netanyahu's goal. For Israel's sake, as well as for America's, it's time to reduce U.S. annual aid to Israel -- to 0 -- over some reasonable adjustment period (perhaps 5 to 10 years), leaving open the possibility, of course, for emergency aid.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

shapur

I hate to repeat this phrase but, there is a difference between the Jews and the Zionists.

I don't hate reminding folks: Zionists are Jews.

Zi·on·ism (z-nzm) n. A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

And their movement is just as relevant as ever.

Will the term NeoCon begin appearing in this discussion now?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join