It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd co-founder Waters draws parallels between Israel, Nazi Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

buster2010
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Please explain what this certain sort is.

The sort who sympathises with animals who are clearly commanded by a certain alleged deity to subdue or kill Jews.

The sort who generally identify with progressive politics, as progressives have historically demonstrated hostility towards Jews.

The animals you back supported Hitler and his rise to power. Nothing the Palestinians will ever do to make them sink to the level of the Israelis.

And stop trying to drag Jews into this the people running Israel are Zionist because I can show quite a few Jews who say there should be no Israel.

And if Progressives have historically demonstrated hostility towards Jews then why do so many Jews here in the states vote progressive?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

RedShirt73

Israel has been saying the same thing since 2000 to 2001 about how Iran is always 6 months to 2 years away from having a nuclear weapon. That's over a decade of being so close yet so far. Pure propaganda from Israel.

Are you saying that Iran is not working to weaponise Uranium?

And did we imagine their head of state making it clear that wiping Israel off the map is a goal of theirs?

Weird, right?
edit on CST04America/Chicago50Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:51:44 -0600514043150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

There is no proof that Iran is weaponizing Uranium. That is another one of Benny's lies.

And you spout more Zionist propaganda the president of Iran never said wipe Israel from the map. That lie was started by MEMRItv a Israeli propaganda service that is know for mistranslating speeches.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

UxoriousMagnusSo when Germany went into Poland and occupied it....they did so fair and square?

Do you remember that Poland attacked Germany, unprovoked?

Me neither, because it didn't happen.

Can you see the difference or should I spell it out even more plainly?

You haven't spelled anything as of yet....so you are saying that because Palestine attacked "Israel" that was illegally occupying part of their country and Israel won ..... that this is fair and square. I am saying that Germany occupied Poland illegally and Poland fought but Germany won so....just like Israel....fair and square.

You say Israel did not provoke but their mere existence was the provocation. Palestinians were kicked out of their homes and many murdered (google search mass graves found) and displaced so that America, Britain and Russia could make up a new Jew colony. Over 1700 years the Palestinians have been there uncontested.

We have only been a country for about 250 years and I am sure we would be pissed if the UN came along and told us to give Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and most of California backto Mexico....yes I know they kind of have already taken them back but you get my point I hope.

edit on 10-12-2013 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2013 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

buster2010

You may want to do a little research instead of listening to Zionist propaganda. From day one the terrorist from Israel started ethnic cleansing the land those armies came in to give cover to the thousands of refugees that was fleeing from the attacks. As usual Israel launches the attack then cries we are defending ourselves.
Not saying you're wrong, but it would probably help if you would provide some sources for your claims. Saying " do your own research" is such a cop out.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

buster2010
The animals you back supported Hitler and his rise to power. Nothing the Palestinians will ever do to make them sink to the level of the Israelis.

Let's try that again, the religious brethren of the Palestinians: The Muslim Units of the Waffen SS

Did I mention the Muslim Brotherhood was founded by an Adolf Hitler fanboy?
Islamic Fascism: the Nazi Connection

Again, Palestine declared war on Israel, unprovoked. (Other than being guilty off the crime of being Jews)

And stop trying to drag Jews into this the people running Israel are Zionist because I can show quite a few Jews who say there should be no Israel.

Once again (Try and follow along, kids) Zionists are Jews.

And if Progressives have historically demonstrated hostility towards Jews then why do so many Jews here in the states vote progressive?

Self loathing is very hip and trendy among the left. Everyone wants to seem "kewl" and stuff.

Hey, that's a good enough reason to vote for a dangerous incompetent for president. Twice. Isn't it?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
You say Israel did not provoke but their mere existence was the provocation.

You can say that again, huh?

Oh, those trouble making Jews!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

buster2010
And you spout more Zionist propaganda the president of Iran never said wipe Israel from the map. That lie was started by MEMRItv a Israeli propaganda service that is know for mistranslating speeches.

We must all be having a mass hallucination, then?

In New York, defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be "eliminated"

Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president

Al Jazeera, too?
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly called for Israel to be wiped off the map.

And so after Iran does use their nukes on Israel, what will you have to say for yourself, assuming you're not too breathless from celebratory dancing?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
not that i have the slightest sympathy for Netanyahu and various hard core Zionists that are not very far from fascists but for me its honestly difficult to think of what Isreal does without considering the experience of the "six day war" and the "Yom Kippur".. Having to fight twice for your very existence as a state in living memory, surrounded by absolutely hostile neighbours with a huge numerical advantage that in both cases they are prepared to attack you first in order to annihilate you although in the first war they did not manage it and considering that these people if they did not win these wars they would be exterminated all over again no doubt...

its obvious Israel has committed plenty of atrocities in the occupied territories, obviously they are not excusable, but you have to try and see it also from the perspective of the collective fear these people have went through as early as 1973.. never mind what happened to the generation of their parents

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Israel's plan to forcibly resettle Negev Bedouins prompts global protests

Under the Prawer Plan, which is expected to pass into Israeli law by the end of the year, 35 "unrecognised" Bedouin villages will be demolished and between 40,000 and 70,000 people removed to government-designated towns. Israel says the proposal will bring benefits such as permanent housing and public services, but the majority of Bedouin say they do not want to give up their ancestral lands and way of life.

The pogroms and ghettos are very easily forgotten apparently. I swear - you couldn't make this stuff up

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
hey loner

your playing the part of the lone nutter ...troll...shill.... really well.

you have got to be a professional...

how come no one else is supporting your stand on this subject....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

No mention of who the Negev Bedouin displaced, hmm? I guess its all about who was the last to claim "sacred ancestral ground" then?

The victors writing the history books is okay in one case, but not another?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Negev Bedouin

Historically, the Bedouin engaged in nomadic herding, agriculture and sometimes fishing. They also earned income by transporting goods and people[15] across the desert.[16] Scarcity of water and of permanent pastoral land required them to move constantly. The first recorded nomadic settlement in Sinai dates back 4,000-7,000 years.[16] The Bedouin of the Sinai peninsula migrated to and from the Negev.[17]

The Bedouin established very few permanent settlements; however, some evidence remains of traditional baika buildings, seasonal dwellings for the rainy season when they would stop to engage in farming. Cemeteries known as "nawamis" dating to the late fourth millennium B.C. have been also found. Similarly, open-air mosques (without a roof) dating from the early Islamic period are common and still in use.[18] The Bedouin conducted extensive farming on plots scattered throughout the Negev.[19]

Do you think the Nazis were right to force the Jews into ghettos? Do you defend the pogroms as well?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

A pogrom is a violent massacre or persecution of an ethnic or religious group, particularly one aimed at Jews. The term originally entered the English language

i find it interesting how your sort relies on deception to make your flimsy points.

You're okay with that, of course. Any means necessary, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

That's not an answer - it's an accusation

There are no lies in my post - if there were you would point them out

Please answer the questions - if you can

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I also find it interesting that you must desperately deflect by leaping wildly from one non sequitur to another.

What has that got to be like? How weak does ones position have to be to depend on that?

Waters, mediocre song writer, is in good ignorant company when it comes to Israel.

Syd Barret was the genius.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Can you not answer the questions?

Do you at least have an opinion - that isn't an obvious deflection?

Come back when you have something to offer

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Im going to say, I am a huge Floyd fan. From Barret n Waters to Gilmore
That said just because one of them says something doesn't make it so.

Barret was accused of locking his girlfriend in a closet for a week.

Waters was so socially balanced that he held the band at odds for two decades.

When I think of other artist who's music I enjoy but politics and personal life are/were waaaaay off

The list is staggering.
I'd list em, but that's another thread I will troll another day

So, just because "Roger Waters of Pink Floyd" says so...doesn't 'make it so' captn Buster

Its like when Michel Jackson sang he's "BAD"
ha hahahahahahahaha

X

P.S I do like your avatar...but I'm thinking Raj would suit you much better...I know he is supposed to be indian...but your choice of avatars is soooo pasty

uh oh....I feel a post removal in my future

:-)

edit on 11-12-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Im going to say, I am a huge Floyd fan. From Barret n Waters to Gilmore
That said just because one of them says something doesn't make it so.

Barret was accused of locking his girlfriend in a closet for a week.

Waters was so socially balanced that he held the band at odds for two decades.

When I think of other artist who's music I enjoy but politics and personal life are/were waaaaay off

The list is staggering.
I'd list em, but that's another thread I will troll another day

So, just because "Roger Waters of Pink Floyd" says so...doesn't 'make it so' captn Buster

Its like when Michel Jackson sang he's "BAD"
ha hahahahahahahaha

X
repost...well cause the above should be removed

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

TheWrightWing
If Palestine didn't declare war on Israel...

Right... All I'm seeing is a systematic extermination of a people who did nothing more than to get in the way of Israel's way for lebensraum.

Palestine has no army, Israel does. The bottle rockets (in comparison to Israel's cluster bombs and other nasty bombs) that were fired on Israel was by a terrorist organization. Not children wanting to go to school but can't. Not by people sitting in their homes without food and electricity.

In another fifty years, Israel will have a dark mark on their history books, much like the Germans. Guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tri-lobe-1

Don't attack people, debate their stance. Here, I'll help.

Mr. Wing. You say that Zionists are Jews. Well, that is certain. What you fail to realize is that not all Jews are Zionists. What we have here is a human example of a elementary level educational subject. Let us call Zionist a square, and Jewish a rectangle. Now, by default, all squares (Zionists) are rectangles, but that does not mean that all rectangles (Jewish) are squares. Squares (Zionists) are a subset of the larger group (rectangles (Jewish).

Now, since you understand this more clearly, could you please refrain from calling all Jewish people Zionists. It is insulting and disrespectful. It is no different than taking an extremist subgroup of any other group and making it a representation of the whole. The KKK are Christian, right? But would you dare associate all Christians with the KKK? This is sadly the same plight that Muslims have, being associated with those extremist that want to kill and cause trouble. Muhammad Ali was no terrorist. Cat Stevens was not either ... but they were both Muslims. Cassius Clay may have been a boxer, but he was a pacifist. He would not go to war. Cat Stevens sang folk songs and peaceful work.

When you blindly lump people together, it is never a good thing. Would you want to be compared to a subset of something you belong to that doesn't goes against your beliefs and morality?

Now, the Israel/Palestinian issue. Palestinians lived there for quite some time, over a milennia. Jewish people had a religious claim to the land, but not political or lawful. The flaw here is Palestine had nothing to do with the war, but they lost their homes and land after it. You cannot expect people to take that lightly. As another poster tried to plea with you ... how exactly do you think a Texan would react if after a war between two countries, with no U.S. involvement, let us just say for a silly example, India and China, if after the war, they made Texas the new home and country for Hinduists that were persecuted during the war. Now, they would end up with full ownership on a world-wide legal scale ... but do you think the Texans displaced from their home, or the fellow Texans would just sit by and accept it? I don't think that would go well in any state, honestly.

Neither Israel nor Palestine are being angels here, but that is speaking of the political and extremists actions of those countries. You know who is suffering because of it? The citizens of both those countries who just want to live their lives, raise their families, and not have to deal with their bull#.

Now, if you do some research, you'll see that Zionist is a regime that does not represent Jewish people as a whole. There are Rabbi's that speak out against not only Zionists, but also make claim that the state of Israel is false. Why would a Rabbi say this? Because in the Bible, God says that he is the one that would give Jews back their land, not an agreement through the U.N. Some (Jews) consider the state of Israel today to be blasphemous.

Remember, Zoinists do not represent Jews anymore than Republican resprestents Christian or U.S.American. It is a sub-sect of the whole, not a representation of the whole.

You too, sir, have made some large leaps. So before you do that with me, with wild assumptions ... I have no political affiliation. I didn't like a lot of what Bush did, I don't like a lot of what Obama does ... I think I wouldn't have liked a lot of what Romney does ... and I doubt there will be anyone decent in either 'team' for a long time unless we all change, and demand our public servants to serve the public, or start voting out and running for office ourselves and stop having 'career' politicians and elect normal citizens. The country didn't have career politicians when founded, it had normal, hard working people elected, that is the disconnect we have now. The politicians are in a game, and they play it full on. People are treating politics like they route for a sports team. You know who loses in that train of thought? The audience, the people. So, don't call me liberal or conservative, I'm just a man of the people, for truth and justice.

You have spouted mis-translations and one sided arguments. I understand and respect your passion, but you don't come off as unbiased, and if you are biased, then your arguments must be taken with a grain of salt for you cannot debate clearly if you are lost in your passions. You are no more than a cheerleader for your side, not a champion.

Please, just be a bit more open and perceptive of the big picture ... and stop with the attacks on both sides towards people/posters and their character, focus on their words ... and make sure your words aren't twisted or misleading just to try to make a snarky point that will lose all meaning because it has no substance by being intentionally obtuse or misleading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join