It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
And who else, but Slayer

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks Slayer for putting up another really great post. I always look forward to seeing your threads.

If you cross your eyes and use your imagination the guy in your opening post could be the "greatest of all greats" - grandfather of The Most Interesting Man In The World. No wonder he was a successful breeder.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I quite believe that there's things about modern day genomes that are a mystery, but if that's the case with a fourth mystery line, then why haven't archaeologists uncovered the remains of anything?

Excuse my untrainedness in this field, but what became of these people? I would've thought that in the history of archaeology, something would've been found by now.

On that point, scientific study of our genetic make up seems to be like staring into a black room which will never be lit and only seeing a corner.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Where have you been slayer?

Thread, Good start.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Did anyone else read this article about Denisovan DNA found in oldest recovered DNA ever sequenced ?

This is just the first article on the top of my search. I thought about creating a thread, but I was too busy. I haven't seen any threads on this yet, so I thought I would mention it here.

www.cnn.com...

Instead, he said, this representative of an early humanlike species, called Homo heidelbergensis, could be an ancestor of both Neanderthals and another group called the De nisovans.

The genetic relationship to Denisovans, discovered through this DNA research, is surprising because the Homo heidelbergensis remains found in the cave have many Neanderthal-like features. The only remnants of Denisovans come from Siberia -- a long way from Spain.

I have also read that Neanderthal might have traveled much further East than believed. It seems that it is being discovered that there was far more history between Denisovan and Neanderthals than had been previously thought.

Now it appears a third yet to be discovered species was at the, er, party.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
A chimp-pig hybrid origin for humans?

(Phys.org) —These days, getting a Ph.D. is probably the last thing you want to do if you are out to revolutionize the world. If, however, what you propose is an idea, rather than a technology, it can still be a valuable asset to have. Dr. Eugene McCarthy is a Ph.D. geneticist who has made a career out of studying hybridization in animals. He now curates a biological information website called Macroevolution.net where he has amassed an impressive body of evidence suggesting that human origins can be best explained by hybridization between pigs and chimpanzees. Extraordinary theories require extraordinary evidence and McCarthy does not disappoint. Rather than relying on genetic sequence comparisons, he instead offers extensive anatomical comparisons, each of which may be individually assailable, but startling when taken together. Why weren't these conclusions arrived at much sooner? McCarthy suggests it is because of an over-dependence on genetic data among biologists. He argues that humans are probably the result of multiple generations of backcrossing to chimpanzees, which in nucleotide sequence data comparisons would effectively mask any contribution from pig.

Read more at: phys.org...

I have never heard of the website but thought I would post as it somewhat follows along with the topic at hand.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Intersting research, would be great to know the DNA analysis on this, if such research can be done.

It is true there are a lot of similarities between both species and human.

I certainly agree that slow evolution isn't the answer to humanities differentiation from apes.

I believe there has to be an extraordinary event for such mutation. Could even be another unknown /extinct hybridization from something that shared /shares a common ancestor to pig.

Or that such creatures were non deliberately / deliberately introduced to Earth at a similar time from other civilizations from elsewhere, via some sort of cosmic event.

McCarthy has done extensive research into the broader issues, and shortcomings, of our currently incomplete theory of evolution. As the increasing apparent, magnificent, speed with which morphological change can occur continues to present itself for us to comprehend, the standard theory of random mutation followed by slow environmental selection, seems to stall. In my own opinion, female choice undoubtedly provides much of the functional "speed-up" we observe, but other mechanisms of mutation, or pathways for acquired characteristics to be fed back to the gonads (through retroviral transfer?), now need to be considered anew. The role of hybridization in driving morphological change, as McCarthy has observed time and time again, particularly in his studies of avian species (Oxford University Press, 2006), may be the most powerful mechanism of all.

Read more at: phys.org...

edit on 11-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

2012newstart

Rosinitiate
Well not surprising. It's been said Martians long ago travel here to escape their dying planet. Very left brained.

If there really are pyramid complexes and a "face" on Mars, then it's just as safe to assume their people could have escaped. Who knows. I know there is more than meets the eye regards our ancient past which goes beyond Giza, Cuzco, Angkor Watt, Puma Punku , et al.

I think what's most curious is why can't we remember. Was the knowledge really protected from us and why? I know, I know its a little out there but we must push the boundaries of what we consider normal.

One of these things are not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong here....

"we" the humans can't remember in our written history, because we weren't there at that time yet. We have to admit that before homo erectus and the whole line, there were others, already well advanced civilizations. All our science is a grain of sand.

Especially The OUT of Place Artifacts Where Men were in Caves and Basic Huts ... Supposedly...

Then We Again .. have That brilliant Scfi Fiction Writer Named Plato talking about a place in Antediluvian World Talking about the Wonders Like Beams of Light !! and Weapons etc.... The Place Atlantis ...

and What about Before The last Ice Age ... as I have said many times Modern Humans have Been on this Planet for 250,000 Years .. Right .. ? yet we only See??? 17 thousand year Old painting in a French Cave and 30 Thousand year old Sculptures of Lion Man Hybrid ! WHAT????

Smithsonian Institution
Lion Man Figurine
humanorigins.si.edu...

Lion-Man Figurine
Location of Discovery: Hohlenstein-Stadel Cave, Germany
Creating Paintings and Figurines

Carved from mammoth ivory, this figurine combines human traits with the features of an animal, probably a cat. Although nicknamed “The Lion-Man,” some researchers think it represents a female. This motif, found on other objects from this part of Europe, may have had special meaning for humans living there.

Lion man of the Hohlenstein Stadel

A lion-headed figure, first called the lion man (German: Löwenmensch, literally "lion human"), then the lion lady (German: Löwenfrau), is an ivory sculpture that is the oldest known zoomorphic (animal-shaped) sculpture in the world and one of the oldest known sculptures in general. The sculpture has also been interpreted as anthropomorphic, giving human characteristics to an animal, although it may have represented a deity. The figurine was determined to be about 40,000 years old.[1] by carbon dating material from the same layer in which the sculpture was found. It is associated with the archaeological Aurignacian culture.[2] The sculpture is 29.6 cm (11.7 inches) in height, 5.6 cm wide, and 5.9 cm thick. It was carved out of mammoth ivory using a flint stone knife. There are seven parallel, transverse, carved gouges on the left arm. It is now in the museum in Ulm, Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

Panthera leo spelaea
en.wikipedia.org...

SO What the Hell were we Doing on this Planet for 210,000 years ??

Ohh I forgot We were Slaves Miners for a Higher Advanced Race !! MY BAD!!

but just within a 100 years time of what we have Accomplished..

From Heavy then air Flight 1903 to the Moon 1969 - 66 years
Buggy To Car !! Transportation
Pony Express to Cell Phone ! Communication
Abacus to The PC/Calculator
Well to many to List of the 1st's

just look how much advanced we are now from so little time ..

edit on 11-12-2013 by Wolfenz because: Spelling miss words etc... LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Interesting theory but his examples are hybrids WITHIN the cat family. I went to the other links and it gave hybrids WITHIN the bird family.

Another thing is pigs are also covered in hair just like a monkey.

Unless they are referring to these guys:

Humans can talk while parrots can imitate speech.

Does this mean a parrot raped your ancestor?

Its not like there was a dearth of different kinds of hominids in the past.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

poet1b

Did anyone else read this article about Denisovan DNA found in oldest recovered DNA ever sequenced ?

This is just the first article on the top of my search. I thought about creating a thread, but I was too busy. I haven't seen any threads on this yet, so I thought I would mention it here.

www.cnn.com...

Instead, he said, this representative of an early humanlike species, called Homo heidelbergensis, could be an ancestor of both Neanderthals and another group called the De nisovans.

The genetic relationship to Denisovans, discovered through this DNA research, is surprising because the Homo heidelbergensis remains found in the cave have many Neanderthal-like features. The only remnants of Denisovans come from Siberia -- a long way from Spain.

I have also read that Neanderthal might have traveled much further East than believed. It seems that it is being discovered that there was far more history between Denisovan and Neanderthals than had been previously thought.

Now it appears a third yet to be discovered species was at the, er, party.

May I direct you to
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And beyond the yet to be identified ancestor, in Asia, there is a yet to be identified ancestor among African archaic, that is found in sub Saharan modern africans.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm waiting for them to say "Europeans found to have mystery ancestral dna"...wonder how long it will take them to cough that one up.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I will be staying tuned to this one for further information Slayer.

I am very curious about the mystery ancestor.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
Well not surprising. It's been said Martians long ago travel here to escape their dying planet. Very left brained.

If there really are pyramid complexes and a "face" on Mars, then it's just as safe to assume their people could have escaped. Who knows. I know there is more than meets the eye regards our ancient past which goes beyond Giza, Cuzco, Angkor Watt, Puma Punku , et al.

I think what's most curious is why can't we remember. Was the knowledge really protected from us and why? I know, I know its a little out there but we must push the boundaries of what we consider normal.

One of these things are not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong here....

The main problem being that Mars died billions of years ago, and never could have developed intelligent life in the short time it was "alive". If it did they never could have met modern man, since we came billions of years later.

Interesting story, wonder who the mystery man (or woman) will be!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Askal

Glow-in-the-dark man?That has to be the stupidest survival ability EVER.

Self-propelled sabretooth chewies.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The human race...the age old question and the history that is us. I'm glad this came up, because there's so many what if's, possibilities, conspiracies and theories behind it all. So we know there's a fourth unknown species that we mated with - also, we know that there is quite close genetic ties that we didnt know were there with the animals around us at the time - not saying that copulating with the local fur got us where we are today, but we were all and are all animals.

Let me throw some theories out, just for discussion sake:
1) We evolved from apes (chimps, you know what i mean), once dwelling in trees and made our way to the plains in search of food, and through the great earthquakes of our world, altered migration patterns and continued along the steady, rough, but rapid track towards the bipedal slobs we are today.
2) We evolved from tree dwelling apes as listed above, however- had a little help along the way. You can follow the beliefs of Alex Collier and other UFO contactee's that believe we are a genetic sesspool of different races. Well there's that.
3) Reptillian DNA? well there's that too. Again, there is the belief that we were a truck stop, many races interveined and we are what we are today, born into bondage, slavery, made to mine for gold and other materials, free will stripped away only to be given back...etc.
4) 1 race came down and mixed with us.
5) The differences in races seem to suggest such a transition took place that altered out evolution - many believe that a majority of the planet, if evolution was consistent, would suggest that we would all be mongolian, in appearence alone. Granted, our time here on this planet is considerably short, but our time line is getting older, and older. Could time have really altered us that quickly? Many believe the "white" appearence is something that isnt native to the planet.

Anyone ever seen "My Mum Talks to Aliens"? British documentary. Pretty interesting, a son of a well known abductee therapist sets out to disprove the whole theory of aliens, and his mother's work. She basically sets out to convince him otherwise - anyway, by the end they speak to one man who was essentially molested and forced to have sex with a female alien (doesnt sound too bad)- but after the event was over, to actually managed to submit hair and skin samples to a lab in London. They confirmed it was from the oldest strain of mongolian dna ever recorded. the aliens, by the way were light skinned, blue-skinned, actually, oval eyes, etc.

6) We were made by some dude up in a cloud who drastically tries to screw us every chance he gets.

7) Remnants of a race that left mars in an exodus to survive here on earth, who thus mated with the indiginous or modified us to continue the species existence. This again, can be relative to all other conspiracies and theories out there.

If mars escapees came here they would most likely genetically alter us, not just mate with us. If you have the ability to come here in ships, why just mate with the local bush - seems counter productive and frankly a little sadistic, because you'd have to be talking about far, far in our past. As for remembering it, maybe there are those that do? Genetic memory is still in its infancy, as far as a science goes, and past life regression, who knows. i believe you can remember that stuff, but do what degree who knows?

Aliens coming down and creating a slave race? Seems surprisingly human, in its design, i could get behind that much like what is foretold in the Anunaki belief structure.

Evolution...it does make leaps and bounds, but it also progresses extremely slow. It is a contradiction of sorts, but still we are left with answers.

Honestly, looking forward may be the only way to uncover what we were, and what we are.

The floor is yours!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I could almost go into a rant on the subject of current proposed human evolution on Earth, pathetic, almost like a fairytale you would tell a baby!

One day a long long time ago an ape stood on two legs and started to walk, before long he lost all his body hair (even though it was bloody cold), and later that ape went to different parts of the big big world and a magical thing happened, they all turned different colours...well if that's the best you can do I will pass thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

::Claps::
I applaud you and your comment

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

LUXUS
before long he lost all his body hair (even though it was bloody cold)

It gets bloody cold in Africa?

do tell.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Of absolutely. The Sarangeti is not only a virtual winter wonderland it's the real home of santas workshop where he has enslaved the surviving members of Homo Floresiensis to make toys as well as guard the ark of the covenant. I saw it on the interweb so it must be true.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

LUXUS
I could almost go into a rant on the subject of current proposed human evolution on Earth, pathetic, almost like a fairytale you would tell a baby!

One day a long long time ago an ape stood on two legs and started to walk, before long he lost all his body hair (even though it was bloody cold), and later that ape went to different parts of the big big world and a magical thing happened, they all turned different colours...well if that's the best you can do I will pass thanks!

I Would Rather Believe in the Battle Star Galactica Ending Theory !! like the Anunnaki Wars

Well the Sumerian Legend of the Gods using earth as a battlefield in space and on the ground ..

According to Zachariah Stichen that is from the Sumerian cuneiform tablets ...

7 Big Questions About Battlestar Galactica’s Finale - See more at: www.theandrewblog.net...

it seems like that Zachariah Stichen was involved or BSG was adapted to from the Sumerian TXT..

Tho the Producer was a Mormon and Put Mormon tones into the Scifi Program the Original ..

Religious and mythological references in Battlestar Galactica
en.wikipedia.org...

Born-Again 'Battlestar'
Drawing from Mormonism, Roman polytheism, and even Buddhism, the reimagined sci-fi TV series is steeped in religion.
www.beliefnet.com...

Ancient astronauts in popular culture
en.wikipedia.org...

Tho I tend to believe in evolution of Early Man (hominids) till something happened A High Advance Race came to this planet from a much older star system that created to modification of a New improved being With their ( God/ Elohim Elyon Alien Anunnaki Civ 3 ) Own genetic code to a Hominid.. making it from 48 chromosome to 46 Fusing pairs of Chromosomes in number 2 to make it Work the Results Homo sapiens 300,000 years ago or 400,000 years ago.. Then a few of themselves The fallen mated with their creation then then they saw that we were close to them and said let start over The Deluge came killed all the wicked except for the untainted ( Noah and his boys and their women tho they were slightly tainted LOL )
and Now Humans are becoming like the Gods again well to a certain extent in Technology LOL just Conjecture Folks!! or Maybe Not...

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join