It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They, the Scientist say that humans don't have that great of difference in each other's DNA, is because some 70,000 years ago there were only about 5,000 human's left alive on Earth.

But what about Gigantopithecus, Big Foot, I hear they likes women's, I means human woman's.
edit on 10-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post OOOOOO

Gigantopithecus, Big Foot Are/Were physically hardier than most modern humans. Also, they do/did live in locations much removed from the area modern man did. Which may have/does lend to their possible survival of the Eruption which caused the mass die off of the period in question me guesses

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I suspect there are lots of missing links out there, yet to be discovered. When you look at the sheer variety of differing species from the same families and genus then it is total hubris to assume that humans are any different.

And frankly, when you look back to those eras, what else was there to do when the lights went out? (tongue firmly in cheek).

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Household dust contains shed human skin, animal fur decomposing insects, food particles fiber from clothing etc. Sure some stardust too but. But more ick than ahhh.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Ummmm we know how the earth formed. Left over material from the formation of our Sun which coalesced into the planet's. Now New science may prove that wrong but not yet. Making up your own version of things which can't be proven with any known science does not help your case. Now if you said the moon formed due to a collision you would be correct as far as current knowledge suggests. Again that could be proven wrong in the future but not now.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

We're not dealing with legends here. Stay on track. This is not cryptozoology.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Gigantopithecus isnt a legend.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

You don't say! I think we all know that already, it contains space dust none the less.
edit on 10-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Who said otherwise?

There are theories on how formed and it is also a possibility it formed from a collision and that it preserved and or received codes for / building blocks of intelligent life.

I also said ''for all anyone knows'' rather than ''here's a new theory of how it is''.

Trolling threads and attacking posters is against T&C, you might want to read them or just steer clear of misreading posts then commenting about your misconceived idea of that which was posted.

Posting straw man arguments is also against T&C.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well,, calm down there, you will find that we are sick of being told what is and is not true and real since none of us can see the evidence, or have any way of verifying anything.

And since ample evidence DOES exist that would tell us likely anything BUT the truth is given to us,

We should presume to be a little more open-minded than to proclaim that official theories are stronger than anyone elses.

You are the straw-man here.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Yet another straw man argument from a poster that doesn't read posts properly.

''for all anyone knows'' translates as science is theory and evolves, that which is told as ''fact'' now may well be told as ''non fact'' or ''reviewed'' any when in the future.

Which part of that do you not understand?

Do not bother replying, it is obvious your game plan on this thread, which has failed.

ATS is about sharing information and opinions, if purposefully irritating other posters is your game then you should think twice about posting at all.

Flamed on numerous occasions on this thread for writing this:

For all anyone knows Earth could have formed after a massive space collision, somehow sustaining or receiving the building blocks / code for life and intelligent life from another civilization in the Universe.

Neither you nor anyone has any business refuting this at all. You were not there at Earth's conception, you do not know if there was a massive space collision influencing it's formation. The truth is there could have been.

Now perhaps you can go find something real to complain about. I heard some kids believe in Santa and flying reindeer, and there are a few reviewed theories in the science world recently, better go tell them ''how dare they''.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Shiloh7
I would like to ask what could be construed as a highly offensive question but one that is never broached. I do apologise for any offence but,none is intended I am just curious. I have in the past worked with Downs and cannot get over the shape of the feet and the shorter shin bones on the Downs skeleton.

The big toe is spaced away from the other toes, similar to a monkey's feet, and the lower leg bones are shorter, again similar to monkeys. I know the Eskimo due to evolution now has shorter legs and arms simply to accommodate a blood flow closer to the trunk. I mean absolutely no offence to any one with Downs or Downs children, but why is the Downs skeletal frame so different to the frame of non-Downs?

This is something many people may not know unless they have seen a number of Downs Syndrome people and noticed these subtle differences. No disrespect intended, but does anyone know the reason for this difference?

Everyone with Downs syndrome has an extra chromosome 21 (en.wikipedia.org...(human) which remains active. That chromosome is known to contain 200 to 300 genes, some of which are used to regulate growth, cell binding and signaling. Some genes bind calcium, such as S100B:

en.wikipedia.org...

So that would explain shorter arms and legs and reduced blood circulation, which would have effects on body growth and brain development.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

SLAYER69
Ancient Humans Had Sex with Mystery Relatives, Study Suggests

A new, improved sequencing of ancient human relative genomes reveals that Homo sapiens didn't only have sex with Neanderthals and a little-understood line of humans called Denisovans. A fourth, mystery lineage of humans was in the mix, too.

As reported by the news arm of the journal Nature, new genetic evidence suggests that several hominids — human relatives closer than humans' current living cousin, the chimpanzee — interbred more than 30,000 years ago. This group of kissing cousins included an unknown human ancestor not yet revealed by the ancient DNA record.

Here we go.

The mystery continues. I've always said that the human family tree actually resembles a gnarled angry bush. So, we have this 'Missing link' I wonder what this will look like and where did they splice into the line?

"It's implied it could be something like Homo erectus or similar," said Carles Lalueza-Fox, a paleogenomics researcher at Pompeu Fabra University in Spain

I do see a resemblance to George W ..and maybe his mom .

Nice thread Slayer

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Just as slayer noted, gigantopithicus isn't a myth.
As much as some people want to make sasquatch, or yayali as the local yokut Indians call him, to be a legend, he is a very real entity.
I know this because I have had a very personal encounter, I just missed seeing him maybe thirty seconds.
He crossed a dirt road I was ridng my bicycle on. He crossed the road several times as it switchbacked up the mountain, leaving dozens of foot prints over a few hundred feet of road.
Could hear him through moving through the brush off of the road.
Later I learned there were multiple visual sightings within a several week period, within a two mile radius of where my encounter was, a very remote wilderness area.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

OOOOOO
They, the Scientist say that humans don't have that great of difference in each other's DNA, is because some 70,000 years ago there were only about 5,000 human's left alive on Earth.

But what about Gigantopithecus, Big Foot, I hear they likes women's, I means human woman's.
edit on 10-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

This is a Gigantopithecus, Big Foot With Early Man Amusing Homo Erectus

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This seems so interesting, the knowledge of our past life's coming out for the world to know

Hey what about the fact that there might have actually been a proper civilisation like ours now or similar but like in an intergalactic war or maybe even inter human war everything vanished :O ooooooh and then there were only their people left that knew no details of why they are still alive and no else is? Ooooooh
and thn everything begun reproducing... And actually scientists may discover that everything goes back to a few people ... Of comply different genetically modified DNA?

Sorry just an idea that popped to mind

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am so excited that you wrote this thread I saw it on the news last night but my new meds leave me a tad unfocused for thread writing I will go at my own pace and read all of your fantastic thread but I thought maybe this is my O rh neg ancestors...

Thanx for this thread you are awesome stars and flags to you!!!

TRULY...

shels4u

edit on 12/10/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

do you want to share something or are we just going around acting all enigmatic and all?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
DANG it NO MY blood is RH (RHESUS) Neg
...still unknown origin...but thanks for all the politically incorrect sad laughs...un flag

edit on 12/10/13 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Well not surprising. It's been said Martians long ago travel here to escape their dying planet. Very left brained.

If there really are pyramid complexes and a "face" on Mars, then it's just as safe to assume their people could have escaped. Who knows. I know there is more than meets the eye regards our ancient past which goes beyond Giza, Cuzco, Angkor Watt, Puma Punku , et al.

I think what's most curious is why can't we remember. Was the knowledge really protected from us and why? I know, I know its a little out there but we must push the boundaries of what we consider normal.

One of these things are not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong here....

"we" the humans can't remember in our written history, because we weren't there at that time yet. We have to admit that before homo erectus and the whole line, there were others, already well advanced civilizations. All our science is a grain of sand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join