It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Ancient Humans Had Sex with Mystery Relatives, Study Suggests

A new, improved sequencing of ancient human relative genomes reveals that Homo sapiens didn't only have sex with Neanderthals and a little-understood line of humans called Denisovans. A fourth, mystery lineage of humans was in the mix, too.

As reported by the news arm of the journal Nature, new genetic evidence suggests that several hominids — human relatives closer than humans' current living cousin, the chimpanzee — interbred more than 30,000 years ago. This group of kissing cousins included an unknown human ancestor not yet revealed by the ancient DNA record.

Here we go.

The mystery continues. I've always said that the human family tree actually resembles a gnarled angry bush. So, we have this 'Missing link' I wonder what this will look like and where did they splice into the line?

"It's implied it could be something like Homo erectus or similar," said Carles Lalueza-Fox, a paleogenomics researcher at Pompeu Fabra University in Spain

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There are probably plenty more ''mystery'' ancestors or DNA contributors to human lineage.

It is a tad annoying that media depicts science as only being that which is currently known, when in reality, known science is probably only a very small percentage of the entire reality of everything, if that.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't think the PTB are capable of telling the truth. We'll never know.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Well if the old grey-haired stranger looked like that, I wouldn't be surprised that some of the women took a walk in the woods with him one night. He not only worked out, he had a good barber.

But yes, this is a good find and opens up more questions of heritage and ancestor-mix. Hopefully fossils will be found which would be identifiable.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well not surprising. It's been said Martians long ago travel here to escape their dying planet. Very left brained.

If there really are pyramid complexes and a "face" on Mars, then it's just as safe to assume their people could have escaped. Who knows. I know there is more than meets the eye regards our ancient past which goes beyond Giza, Cuzco, Angkor Watt, Puma Punku , et al.

I think what's most curious is why can't we remember. Was the knowledge really protected from us and why? I know, I know its a little out there but we must push the boundaries of what we consider normal.

One of these things are not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong here....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sex with mystery relatives, eh. So they were like ancient southerners

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Damn!!!!

I thought modern humans were bad but it looks like our ancestors would shag not just anyone but anything!!!

I still prefer the "Aliens messing with our DNA" theory to the "horny bestiality loving early ancestors did it with anything that moved" one

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Maybe it was these guys:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
There is more about this issue in Here
It´s great to see how contructed "man" looks like... also explains why Asia has never before been important for human origin and this found can really cause rewriting of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I would like to ask what could be construed as a highly offensive question but one that is never broached. I do apologise for any offence but,none is intended I am just curious. I have in the past worked with Downs and cannot get over the shape of the feet and the shorter shin bones on the Downs skeleton.

The big toe is spaced away from the other toes, similar to a monkey's feet, and the lower leg bones are shorter, again similar to monkeys. I know the Eskimo due to evolution now has shorter legs and arms simply to accommodate a blood flow closer to the trunk. I mean absolutely no offence to any one with Downs or Downs children, but why is the Downs skeletal frame so different to the frame of non-Downs?

This is something many people may not know unless they have seen a number of Downs Syndrome people and noticed these subtle differences. No disrespect intended, but does anyone know the reason for this difference?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

That is really fascinating. It seems like the more we find out, the less we know. I don't think our real ancestry is much like we picture it at all, and my guess is we'll see more of these 'missing links' in the puzzle as time goes on.

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
Maybe it was these guys:

I had a feeling someone would go there...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

cool thread slayer, just one question, where did you get that pic of my uncle Harry?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If there is a fourth group of ancient humans, there is obviously a fifth one called the homo floresiensis. They may be small but I'm sure our ancient ancestors will take them anyway. It seems that everyone is par for the course during their time.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
There may have been many types of homaniods in the last million years. Out of Africa is a joke, there is no evidence that shows that these species of hominoids didn't develop completely separate. Maybe they were close enough to mate.

The interaction with our DNA and the earths fields and vibration determines our shape. There is also Gene expression. Everything on this planet is related, I am related to the deer I feed in the yard and the cats that we have. To me it is only important to know about this subject so I can debate the subject with others. It is just conversation material.

We are what we are, gene expression is more important than the chromosomes that they say make us humans. I like dealing with friendly beings, not crabby ones. Gene expression is what makes us who we are. This is something that until recently has not been even considered. Recently in my mind is less than twenty years.

That little piece of the genetics that they call DNA is just a small fraction of who we are.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The sheep-loving fellows we've got nowadays almost seem normal compared to these folks

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

We really are not as smart as we like to think we are. We don't know as much about who and what we are as either science or religion find comfort in claiming.

In a hundred years, just imagine what other things we will have discovered. In two hundred... should we survive, the same.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I alwas thought we were a miss mash of something. No such thing as a pure race

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
well, there is someone saying that we are a mix of primate and pig.

Go figure. Here's Slayer (kinda) supporting that.
Unless there is another skeleton that we can consider.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join