It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fourth, mystery lineage of humans...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Who knows whats next really? After the Denisovian discovery and the real Hobbit, I mean, we could be related to just about everything if we go far enough back.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

...we could be related to just about everything if we go far enough back.

No doubt. But so many insist there aren't any skeletons in our closets. ???

Thanks for yet another great thread.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

for me the simple answer (Occam's Razor kinda simple) is, IT'S ALIENS STUPID!!! (not calling you stupid)

think about it (something stalwart mainstream scientists will never do) for a minute or three- is there life throughout the universe? of course there is. Are there older more advanced civilizations out there? why not? Is it reasonable to believe one of them decided to continue their dna lineages by seeding the Earth? We talk about doing that all the time so why is it irrational to think someone else did?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

soficrow

...we could be related to just about everything if we go far enough back.

No doubt. But so many insist there aren't any skeletons in our closets. ???

Thanks for yet another great thread.

so let's go one step farther (or backward if you wish)- we could be related to just about everything in the universe, no? It answers and raises new philosophical questions
edit on 9-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Might this not explain the elusive cause of the Rh- factor?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe they'll eventually find that batch of humans that evolved and developed in central Asia near the Black Sea. Where the stray Homo Erectus fossils have been found.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
think about it (something stalwart mainstream scientists will never do) for a minute or three- is there life throughout the universe? of course there is. Are there older more advanced civilizations out there? why not? Is it reasonable to believe one of them decided to continue their dna lineages by seeding the Earth? We talk about doing that all the time so why is it irrational to think someone else did?

Do you really believe that "mainstream scientists" never think about the fact that we aren't alone in the universe? Why then are all these astrophysicists and astronomers hunting for exoplanets and signs of habitability? The line of thinking or reasoning that you present certainly isn't out of line let alone out of the ordinary and it would be terribly naive to think that if our 4.5 BYO system can harbor some life that there must be other civilizations out there when considering the fact that our own Solar System is less than 1/3 the age of the universe itself. the math is very much in favor of other civilizations existing at some point in some place. whether those civilizations or life forms have the propensity for interstellar travel is a whole separate conversation though and the evidence for such interstellar travel is an entirely separate one at that. Is what you postulate POSSIBLE? certainly. is there any more evidence for this than there is for Sheldrake's "Morphic Resonance" hypothesis? I haven't seen it.
I can see why Sheldrake is appealing, but after reading through this

www.sheldrake.org...&Papers/papers/morphic/morphic_intro.html
which I believe is what you were trying to link to earlier, Sheldrake himself offers no actual evidence or data to back up his assertions. It's an interesting concept but has nothing to support it. If that changes feel free to send me an update to new info he's presenting if he can verify or support any of his claims.
edit on 9-12-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Do you mean Homo Georgicus?

rt.com...

www.public.wsu.edu...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

People with Down's Syndrome have shorter legs," ... "Separated big toes" ... "Like monkeys"

Ahhhh! Why are you such a hater?! Putting down the Downs... grrrrr! MONKEY FEET??!!

Um sorry... kidding... your gentle defensiveness was too tempting.

The dna will tell us a convoluted story that we may never decipher without the big headed, ancient geneticist from Zeta Ridiculous, God and/or mommy nature. I too have noted the legs and feet of people with Downs, but haven't postulated that they are closer to monkeys (again KIDDING, sorry).

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

SLAYER69

The mystery continues. I've always said that the human family tree actually resembles a gnarled angry bush. So, we have this 'Missing link' I wonder what this will look like and where did they splice into the line?

I am going with a banana peel.

or if this is in the northern region pumpkins.

It's interesting to find out that they are discovering more and more with these missing links and so call "Junk DNA"

s + F
edit on 9-12-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

peter vlar
whether those civilizations or life forms have the propensity for interstellar travel is a whole separate conversation though and the evidence for such interstellar travel is an entirely separate one at that. Is what you postulate POSSIBLE? certainly. is there any more evidence for this than there is for Sheldrake's "Morphic Resonance" hypothesis? I haven't seen it.

...yet it still exists.

Not saying there aren't normal scientists who are honest with integrity, no doubt and I respect them very much. But the ones like the ones I mentioned earlier- DeGrassetyson, Hawking, Kaku (to a point), Sagan, Bill Nye (now THAT guy is also a tool) are using media and history books to hamstring the truth about what is only a fraction of an inch away from our grasp (and they've been doing it for the last hundred years or so because Tesla was really onto something but he was silenced). The people who own the media reward those who tow the line and punish those who step over it and they will go out of their way to destroy you if you dare as much levitate with anti gravity over that line. They don't like the idea that we can change the status quo basically over night by putting all our efforts into exploiting these new ways of understanding our world or more scientifically, "detecting" our world. So don't try to imply that all is rosey and all those struggling nerds with telescopes are protesting on the steps of some oil cartel, no they are diligently bowing their heads and reaching for that six figure paycheck.

Pete (can I call you Pete?), are you seriously implying that even with the potential for (conservatively) thousands of advanced species to be in the Milky Way, you doubt a few would have "the propensity for interstellar travel"? Why? It took early humans two million years to change the cutting angle on a stone tool and then a couple thousand to go from building Pyramids to outer space. why is it not likely or unreasonable to think it could've been done not only before, but better by someone elsewhere?

"I haven't seen it." you can't detect these things with the detectors you are comfortable with and rely on. You have to be able to read off the page.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

peter vlar
It's an interesting concept but has nothing to support it.

I want to focus on this specifically because it is a HUGE blockage, possibly what's causing the rift between your kind and mine.

Let's try this approach: what's interesting about it to you?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

bottleslingguy

...yet it still exists.

in the immortal words of Cuba Gooding Jr in Jerry Maguire- "Show me the money!"

Not saying there aren't normal scientists who are honest with integrity, no doubt and I respect them very much. But the ones like the ones I mentioned earlier- DeGrassetyson, Hawking, Kaku (to a point), Sagan, Bill Nye (now THAT guy is also a tool) are using media and history books to hamstring the truth about what is only a fraction of an inch away from our grasp (and they've been doing it for the last hundred years or so because Tesla was really onto something but he was silenced). The people who own the media reward those who tow the line and punish those who step over it and they will go out of their way to destroy you if you dare as much levitate with anti gravity over that line. They don't like the idea that we can change the status quo basically over night by putting all our efforts into exploiting these new ways of understanding our world or more scientifically, "detecting" our world. So don't try to imply that all is rosey and all those struggling nerds with telescopes are protesting on the steps of some oil cartel, no they are diligently bowing their heads and reaching for that six figure paycheck.

I think this may be why you and I have such different views on science. I get my information from journals and professional organizations and, please forgive me for assuming here but this is how you portray it in your posts, you seem to get a lot of your science from MSM. Please correct me if I've gone too far in assuming this because whether we agree or not I'd prefer not to paint you in a light that is a poor representation of yourself or the informational resources you have access to. I will completely disagree however that the average individual practicing in either field work or academic work is towing the party line to keep the paychecks rolling. Maybe I'm biased though as my entire family is involved in academia and while one makes good money, it's through side work not the University he's affiliated with. They recruited him because of his reputation in his field and he basically gets paid because the University uses his reputation as an advertisement to get grad students into his program, it is however not at all dependent on what the outcome of his research states, it's about the quality of the work he's done in his field for over 40 years.

Pete (can I call you Pete?), are you seriously implying that even with the potential for (conservatively) thousands of advanced species to be in the Milky Way, you doubt a few would have "the propensity for interstellar travel"? Why? It took early humans two million years to change the cutting angle on a stone tool and then a couple thousand to go from building Pyramids to outer space. why is it not likely or unreasonable to think it could've been done not only before, but better by someone elsewhere?

Sure, you can call me Pete if you like lol. It's the internet and peter vlar is not my real name, mostly because I don't want my membership on boards like ATS or my views as presented to affect things I do in the real world or have one of my relatives have to answer for something inane I may say on here. But back to the crux of your question... To clarify, NO. I don't believe that there are or were civilizations that have not or could not have implemented interstellar travel. I believe in my previous post I called that line of thought naïve. Additionally, I agreed with you that its not at all unreasonable to think of the possibilities and consequences such possibilities could have had on humanity itself or life on earth in general. I simply have yet to see anything that fully convinces me of interaction between any life on earth and an interstellar space travelling caravan. that doesn't mean it didn't or couldn't happen. I'm simply saying that while there is a lot of conjecture, supposition hyperbole and some tangential evidence, there is nothing concrete enough to convince me one way or the other.

"I haven't seen it." you can't detect these things with the detectors you are comfortable with and rely on. You have to be able to read off the page.

you should talk to the advisor I had when I was presenting what I wanted to do my thesis on... he'd be the first one to tell you I needed to put at least one foot on the ground when attempting some of the research I wanted to do to validate my hypothesis(which was at that point in time very far outside what evolutionary science was willing to accept 18 years ago).

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

chindigoildren
Sex with mystery relatives, eh. So they were like ancient southerners

Hey, I resemble that remark. Lol

Why does it have to be us southern folk. Just because we marry our cousins lol, the tradition started in the thirteen colonies thank you very much.. Lol

The Bot

Besides my cousin oh she so fine lol, just kidding, no serious lol

Was a good laugh though needed that so thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This to me kinda sorta look like ! Aborigines Australian Native or New guinea Natives
which to me is one of the most Unique Human Races on the Planet

The same genetic study of 2011 found evidence that Aboriginal peoples carry some of the genes associated with the Denisovan peoples of Asia; the study suggests that there is an increase in allele sharing between the Denisovans and the Aboriginal Australians genome compared to other Eurasians and Africans. The Papuans have more sharing alleles than Aboriginal peoples. The data suggests that modern and archaic humans interbred in Asia before the migration to Australi

en.wikipedia.org...

Well I wont say Much but heres a Visual !

As you Remember in a Earlier Thread that we were Claimed to be Pig Human LOL yet our 1st Gestation of Life look close to the same

Way Different is so many ways

Julia Pastrana
She Looks more Ape Like !!

ATS Members -- read this you may find it interesting !!

Solving the Mystery of the Bearded Lady
21 May 2009

After narrowing down the search to a short section on chromosome 17, the team looked for mutations called copy number variations, in which large chunks of DNA are repeated or removed. All of the CGHT sufferers had a copy number variation in which DNA was deleted across the same four genes, the authors report today in the American Journal of Human Genetics. None of the unaffected family members had the mutations.

Zhang speculates that the mutations change the local structure of the chromosome, interfering with the production of nearby genes. Indeed, one neighbor, SOX9, is linked to hair growth: Mice without it are known to suffer from hair loss, or alopecia. If the CGHT mutations somehow alter this region of chromosome 17 so that the SOX9 protein is overproduced in hair follicle stem cells, this would cause excessive hair growth, says Zhang. "But all this is pure speculation," he says

news.sciencemag.org...

'Wolf man' condition down to huge DNA malfunction

18:11 21 May 2009 by Ewen Callaway
www.newscientist.com...

A region on chromosome 17 jumped out, and after further study, Zhang's team showed that family members with CGHT were missing between 500,000 and 900,000 DNA letters on that chromosome. Patient KK, on the other hand, had 1.4 million extra nucleotides at the same place on the genome.

so in layman's terms add Duplicate and Subtract away the code in the Chromosome...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

I don't think you're offending anyone, this is something I never heard of before.

This is the symbol used by the Down Syndrome Footprint Foundation, an organization for awareness of the condition. Apparently the footprint is a medical marker for diagnosis.

Anyway I hope this new guy didn't get between Homo Habilis and Homo Erectus. Mr. Habilis hasn't yet learned how to use his tool properly.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Down syndrome (or Down's syndrome) is a chromosomal disorder caused by an error in cell division that results in an extra 21st chromosome. The condition leads to impairments in both cognitive ability and physical growth that range from mild to moderate developmental disabilities. source

There is no change in the DNA except for a triple version of chromosome 21 instead of a double version like all the others. The difference between us and simians is not that they have a triple chromosome but different DNA.

I also find it interesting (in an irritating kind of way) how the media reports scientific discoveries. They report every new development in the journey as "now we finally have unearthed the truth". Today's truth is tomorrow's heresy. Rather people need to know that science is a process for finding the observable cause of effects. That is all it is. It can only postulate theories based on observable or observed causes. If the cause is unobservable (from a different dimension for example or it no longer exists) then science can only come up with theories based on what it can see. Because of the way fossils are formed, not every species that ever lived is recorded in the fossil record. Does this mean that the missing links in human evolution were there but left no fossil record that we have found yet? Anyone using the scientific method cannot pose an answer to this as it falls in the realms of speculation and anyone's speculation is as valid as anybody elses.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

let me ask you this: ever think you could be so "in the loop" that you can't see it? Have you ever read anything in a scientific trade journal that eventually turned out to be wrong? Take the whole electric comet idea- why are scientists such sloths about accepting it? It totally fits what we see but NASA just drags its feet and keeps towing the dirty snowball line. Is it possible mainstream science has painted this certain picture of reality and doesn't want it to change because the owners (the people who pay the scientists who write those journals) know once we get into this new technology paradigm (which has everything to do with orbiting an electrified star) we won't need them any more? People will become individuals again and the owners don't like that. The majority of people never read scientific trade journals so why does it matter what a few smart people know if it isn't going to make life any better? You really think you are helping society and getting the truth out by ignoring these other things just because nobody else in your circle of friends wants to rock the boat? You think it's good that the common man lives under a shroud from what's really out there?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth

There are probably plenty more ''mystery'' ancestors or DNA contributors to human lineage.

It is a tad annoying that media depicts science as only being that which is currently known, when in reality, known science is probably only a very small percentage of the entire reality of everything, if that.

If media depicts science as being only that which is currently known then why do we keep getting stories about ground breaking science and discoveries? Where is this information coming from if the media is not bringing them to us. Where did this very story we are discussing come from?
edit on 10-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

EA006
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I don't think the PTB are capable of telling the truth. We'll never know.

OMG you're reading it right here for crying out loud. Do you think it's a secret that the OP uncovered in some back room filing cabinet wbere he had to sneak in in the dead of night wearing black and climbing a rope down from a a secret rooftop entry ?. Are there secret agents following OP around to try and keep him from revealing this truth to us. If it was a big secret we would not be reading it on ATS in spite of the name of the site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join