It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor animals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Of course we are not the "top of the food chain". Ask any person who has been attacked by a Misc wild animal. We are part of the food web, but not the top. There isn't a top. Any animal who has carnivorous behaviors can easily pick out a human and devour us like the animals we are. If another species started harvesting humans for meat consumption, then so be it. WE ARE ANIMALS! That is what bothers me. We forget that fact. We are hunted and hunters. We have evolved to be such. Accept that.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Shooting animals is best done using a camera IMO.

I don't completely oppose hunting though-If its done for food,and all the avalible parts are used,and if the animal does not suffer.A good hunter makes clean kills,with the animal not even having time to be aware they are shot.

Trophy hunting and big game hunting in Africa is a horrible thing though,and people who do it just for "fun"are sick in the head I think.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you was starving you would eat a dead dog.
Be lucky that we have the luxury to have meat on the table..many don't.
If we didn't eat meat how many pigs would their be? how many chickens? not many so we are doing a favour for their specie.
Hunting for sport I do not agree with but hunting for food and keeping the populace in a controllable level is fine.
I have eaten Monkey brains, Dog, Cat and lots of other animals, I have traveled where people eat these (Monkey brain was actually nice).
What Iam sick off is people who treat animals better than humans...The RSPCA gets left ten times more than the NCPPC to me that is ficked up.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Silenceisalie
reply to post by geobro

Of course we are not the "top of the food chain". Ask any person who has been attacked by a Misc wild animal. We are part of the food web, but not the top. There isn't a top. Any animal who has carnivorous behaviors can easily pick out a human and devour us like the animals we are. If another species started harvesting humans for meat consumption, then so be it. WE ARE ANIMALS! That is what bothers me. We forget that fact. We are hunted and hunters. We have evolved to be such. Accept that.
but i am 30% bananna as well and i love them

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I have eaten Monkey brains.

Well darn,I hope they were chilled...

Sorry,I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

They were in a curry

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's always disturbing to hear what hunters have to say to justify the unneeded kills of helpless animals.
Especially today with the weapons we have, it gives almost zero chance of survival for our fellow companions.
Not even fair.

I feel sad for people only hunting for fun. Why is there any pleasure to kill an animal for the sake of it being a sport? What is it we have more than them that killing a human being is so punishable and unforgivable? But if you kill and animal, no one cares.

I can't stand it when I see them making stupid video montage on YT with epic music in the background. No #ing respect at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

Any animal who has carnivorous behaviors can easily pick out a human and devour us like the animals we are. If another species started harvesting humans for meat consumption, then so be it.

What a total joke! One bear kills a person even to protect their baby and every bear in the area is slaughtered and people go on and on about the horrible terrible bear!

A wild cat got a guy here a few years ago, didn't kill him btw, the guy was running and mistaken for prey, so they kill all the cats they can find because OH there is a MANeater out there! We vilify a shark for biting a human in fact one animal attack is talked about for years after! Rare as it is!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'm glad it worked out for your sister and you. I happen to know those it didn't work out so well for. This man was one of many I've heard that suffered consequences from his parent's choices.

What you are missing, is clearly the child was fed badly and would have been fed badly even if eating meat. Good parenting means feeding a child healthy foods and making sure they get all they need.The failure was not because of the lack of meat. many places on this planet no one eats meat.

The longest lived, and also the healthiest people eat less or no meat.

The Longevity Diet: The Abkhasia
Once known as "the longevity capital of the world", Abkhasia’s people live in the Caucasus Mountains of southern Russia.

The Abkhasia has many centenarians, all in remarkable health, attests Dr. Leaf, professor of clinical medicine at Harvard University and Chief of Medical Services at Massachusetts General Hospital, who undertook a study with National Geographic to verify their claims.

The Abkhasia primarily eat fresh fruit and vegetables (picked fresh and eaten near to immediately) as well as nuts and some whole grains.

www.eco-friendly-africa-travel.com...#

Check out 7th day adventist diet and the consequences of their meat free life for instance. Long term studies with many thousands of people, the conclusions are clear.

About Adventist Health Study-2

Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2) is a health research study of 96,000 Seventh-day Adventists in the U.S. and Canada. Adventists, due in part to their unique dietary habits, have a lower risk than other Americans of heart disease, several cancers, and probably high blood pressure, arthritis, and diabetes. This, along with their wide variety of dietary habits, provides a special opportunity for careful research to answer a host of scientific questions about how diet (and other health habits) may change the risk of suffering from many chronic diseases.

www.llu.edu...

enerally it was found that among the non-Hispanic Californian population, those identified as Seventh Day Adventists lived longer, on the average of 7.3 extra years for men, and 4.42 more years for women.
Among the Adventist population itself, it was found that high physical activity, frequent consumption of nuts, vegetarian status, and medium body mass index each result in an approximate 1.5- to 2.5-years gain in life expectancy. Hypertension accounts for the loss of 4.2 and 3.2 years and diabetes for the loss of 4.6 and 8.6 years in men and women, respectively.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 8-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I life without meat and BACON? I would not want to live a longer life without them.
If they didn't want to be eaten they would evolve to taste bad

Oh but I forget you were the person trying to put us off by trying to tell us we are eating humans when we buy meat

edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

As a society we do not treat animals well. We have lost empathy and compassion to our distant cousins that share the same home as us. As long as we deem animal suffering a necessary of society there will always be war between us. Our strength as a people is defined by how we treat our weakest..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Char-Lee

I life without meat and BACON? I would not want to live a longer life without them.
If they didn't want to be eaten they would evolve to taste bad

Oh but I forget you were the person trying to put us off by trying to tell us we are eating humans when we buy meat

edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I heard people taste like pork...go for it, you are half way there anyhow.

If all we cared about was our stupid taste buds i guess most of of would have a different diet, good thing we have brains so we can think.

Nothing tastes good enough to account for the abuse and pain "food animals" go through because of us.

If you think you know what is in processed meat today and that they would not do anything or add any protein in the mix for their holy profit I can only question your reasoning ability.

BTW I proved that the "human Hair" I mentioned in that thread IS used in food. Why people can't read and keep saying I said human flesh is beyond me! i repeated myself enough times to get it straight.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Your taste buds have not evolved to like the taste of meat and bacon. If that was the case you would be happy to rip into a raw carcass. The meet you eat is cured and flavoured.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Iam all for treating them with the respect they deserve, but seeing we can't do that for each other....
Humans first and foremost then the animals.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

For you peeps out there defending how we treat animals. If you have time watch this..

EARTHLINGS is the single most powerful and informative documentary about society's tragic and unforgivable use of nonhuman animals

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

BS absolute BS, our whole body evolved to eat meat, If we hadn't we would not have developed the brains we have today, our teeth, our digestive system has evolved to eat meat.
So all meat is cured and flavoured? nope.
I love a blue steak, I have eaten raw meat many times...horse is nice raw.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If you are going to take their life's you should at least have to see what is done to get your meat. This is what changed me and made my family into vegetarians, we watched a video and forced ourselves to not stick our heads in the ground. My husband was a turkey hunter, steak was my favorite food. I am grateful to those that opened our eyes and trained our hearts to do the thinking.

These many years of vegetarianism have made us better people in so many ways. we are healthier and less greedy and gluttonous. The world we live in no longer revolves around food.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I would have thought that if we have evolved to eat meat so well that it would improve our life expectancy not hinder it...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's all in how you look at it, I suppose.
I don't agree with killing for trophies, it's a waste in my opinion.

BUT I raise my own beef. because I want to know what is in my freezer. I usually raise bucket babies. I feed them. I love on them. and when the time comes I appreciate the nourishment they give me.
I raise my own chickens. again, I want to know what I'm eating. The best darn eggs you will ever eat! packed full of omega 3's and flavor. not like commercial eggs at all.
and I deer hunt. for meat. I don't want a head on my wall, I just want some good meat that is somewhat organic (I'm sure they ingest chemicals from the corn fields).
As a meat eater, it's a matter of quality for me. I'm not an organic freak or anything, but I'm not fond of the packaged stuff people buy, the quality just is not there.

The 'Poor animals' in my opinion are the ones that are raised commercially. If humans would stop buying the commercial meat and buy from local farmers that could change. they are out there, you know. and not hard to find if you look. Smithfield has destroyed the pork industry. Quantity, not quality is their moto. Their farms are just plain disgusting.
edit on 8-12-2013 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's because some eat too much, we need a balanced diet.

www.livescience.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join