It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor animals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Then nature should take it's course, that's why they get diseased because there is too many of them. The natural world has it's own way of dealing with things like over population. We don't hunt in the UK and we don't have diseased animals running around invading homes.

If it's just killed for food, I can accept that, I agree we need protein. I have a very active thyroid and I constantly need protein and I get hungry easy. However, needlessly killing does do anyone any good..
edit on 8-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hunting isn't a sport. Any moron can shoot an unarmed animal.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

But we do cull animals, around here they cull deer because they are getting too many and become a danger to traffic.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"Hunting is needed to keep the numbers low enough so they can survive."

I hear that a lot but it's a little selfish don't you think. Maybe they should hunt people too, aren't we over populated?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

"This man now has several severe learning disabilities that could of been avoided if they just sat him down and forced him to eat meat."

I am almost 40 and haven't eaten meat since I was a child, and that was because my mother raised 4 of us alone and we had to eat what she gave us. Even then I would try and hide the meat and leave it. I am in perfect shape, i'm not all pale and scrawny, i'm healthy and have a good brain, I think

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I clicked on the links and all they really seem to be saying is that our ancestors in the past ate meat. There are many things our ancestors did in the past that I would not choose to do today..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Like I said before eating animals help that specie of animal.
You choose not to eat meat..fair enough.
But this thread is about hunting for sport really, which I do not agree with.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I agree. I do not think that most people that eat meat really understand the cruelty in the industry. If you are going to eat meat you should know how it is raised and be prepared to kill it to...

Purp...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I once killed a whole dinner party.......With my cooking!......Never again

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Cancerwarrior
reply to post by satellite1

"Ah, so you think hunting is a criminal sport that only sociopaths and mean spirited people take part in."

Not the point I made at all. In fact some of my close friends hunt. I try to let it go and ignore it but it just hurts to see people all happy and smiley that they just murdered another creature, call it what you will.

"Not at all. Sitting in a deer stand puts people in a meditative state. You are sitting in one spot in the woods for hours on end. I have watched squirrels playing, turkeys chasing each other, all manner of wildlife I have observed from my deer stand and I can only be in awe of the wonder and harmony of nature."

But still you wouldn't think twice of putting a bullet through their heads?

"It is OK as long as the animal does not go to waste. Hunting animals and killing people are two totally different things that you seem to have connected in your head somehow."

Said who? Do you think the animal would say it's ok too?

"Wow, apparently you have never hunted before because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Their natural state is no clothes, no weapons."

You're correct, never hunted in my life and never will. I was merely trying to put the hunter in the hunted position, maybe see how it feels from the animals perspective.

"Hunting is one of the most challenging things you can do. Animals are very smart, and you are hunting them in THEIR habitat. They know where to go to hide, to sleep, to eat, to mate. You have to learn about them and study them and think like one. And even then there is no guarantee. I've spent countless hours sitting in my deer stand to see absolutely nothing pass by. That's what makes it all the more exciting when you do bag one."

Each to their own, but I think it's kind of arrogant. I'm sure you'd be OK with it if aliens invaded and hunted us down for food no?

"And let's not forget something else....they are pests!!!!"

Your opinion.

"I don't know where you live, but I live in rural Louisiana. Deer are plentiful here. If they abolished hunting season, the deer would overrun this state within a few years since they have no other natural predators out there."

South NC. I see lots of deer and hunters, hence the rant in the first place. All though you may be right, who says they don't have as much right to the planet as you?

"They eat peoples gardens, fruit trees, they jump out in front of cars and are a very dumb animal when it comes to crossing a highway. I've seen deer jump out of the way of a car only to jump right back in its path."

Hey there are plenty of stupid people around, most in power but that's another story and maybe "people" should build fences.

"So please tell me how buying some pre packaged steroid/antibiotic/vaccine filled grocery store meat is better for you than hunting and killing and eating some very lean very healthy deer meat?

Or are you saying we should all just be vegans?"

You eat what you want my friend, I am just showing my frustration and love for animals in the way I see it, again, each to their own. I'm happy with my dinner and that I am not taking the life of another being trying to survive as I am.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by purplemer

Like I said before eating animals help that specie of animal.
You choose not to eat meat..fair enough.
But this thread is about hunting for sport really, which I do not agree with.

It is worth noting that annually, fatal hunting accidents occur at a rate of 80 to 90 persons per year.

Be wary of hiking during hunting season and these are the conservative hunter organization numbers.
www.interstatesportsman.com...

As far as eating animals, from someone whos avatar shows a clearly intelligent Monkey washing a cat, who then brags that he has eaten raw monkey brains...no one would expect understanding.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Maybe the OP would like it better for the animals to overpopulate then die due to starvation or disease. Hunting is needed to keep the numbers low enough so they can survive.

I agree 100% I help out by paying $20.00 a year to the DNR (department of Natural Resources), to have bales of hay put on the sides of the roads in the winter so the dear don’t starve to death. I shot my first dear when I was 13, and by no means was it for sport. It was for food. Some might say it is a disgusting, sick, inhumane thing to do, but we’ll see what happens with all those people who complain when their starving to death because there is no food because of this, that, or what not.

Starvation is quite the motivator...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Holy cow I had no idea just how many people shoot a deer and don't even skin and dress it themselves.
I shot and killed my first dear when I was 13. My father would have NEVER let me shoot and kill it if I didn't know how to shoot, kill, gut, quarter, etc...

Like I said in a previous post, we'll see what happens when the anti-game killing crowd are starving to death due to a life changing even.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It was curried and I didn't know what I was eating, I was told half way through and It would have offended my kind hosts If I had refused.
Oh and trust me I have done much for Monkey kind since then

I wasn't bragging I was just showing that depending where you are the food is different.
In some places Bush meat is the only source of protein people can get.
edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
I actually have fantasies about an alien race coming to earth and taking all sport hunters to some intergalatic recreational hunting ground and doing as you describe in the op. Disarming them and then hunting them for fun.

I think these people need to experience the fear and sheer terror of being chased down by a superior intelligence with incomprehensible and unescapable weapons.

*sigh* I guess we can dream

And of course, the aliens will most defiantly be sympathetic to all the animal loving folk! Probably will put all those people on their own planet where everyone is eating fruits and vegetables. Sounds like paradise to me! But than they'll want to know why you're eating plants and vegetables. I mean seriously, they are life forms too! Maybe the aliens can put all those plant eating folk on a planet where the plants are eating the people. I mean, its only fare. I cannot help but but feel this overwhelming sense of love and alien companionship! Do you think the aliens will be sympathetic to those people who are wearing leather shoes? How about all those hamburger eating people? And please don’t tell me you have never used or ate a product that came from an animal. You would be lying if you said you didn't. I guess you could lie to the aliens and say you didn't know what you were eating. You think they will buy it?

Give me a break!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Silenceisalie
reply to post by satellite1

I believe we do need to eat meat, especially as children to help develop brain function.

Dont get drawn in, thats complete BS.
There are MANY people who've never had meat or even dairy from the moment they were born and they are as healthy as anyone else.

I agree with your op.
Just imagine if aliens landed and started stringing us up and hanging us on meat hooks. I bet people would see it differently then, and yet to those aliens could probably justify that we are just...humans (animals)
edit on 8-12-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)
Mankind would have ceased to be a long time ago if meat wasn’t available. Only to be replaced by another animal that did eat meat.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Im a massive carnivore and never claimed to be otherwise.

This year I have become more aware of the suffering we put animals through for food, clothing and entertainment.
I no longer buy leather products
I will not step foot in places that have animals caged or on display
and as much as possible I try to eat free range meat, easy to do with poultry here but harder with beef and lamb and impossible with pork.

I dont think we should give up meat and if you hunt for food out of necessity I genuinely respect you.

Not sure if you noticed but in my post I mentioned Sport/trophy hunters. Massive difference to me with people who kill to eat and people who kill for the thrill of it or to mount carcasses on the walls

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by Silenceisalie

For you peeps out there defending how we treat animals. If you have time watch this..

EARTHLINGS is the single most powerful and informative documentary about society's tragic and unforgivable use of nonhuman animals

That vid is the most horrific vid I have ever seen. Words cannot describe the horror!
I've posted it once or twice on ats but I stopped posting it because I didn't want to remember what was in it.
I watched it a few years back, I got half way through it and had to stop. In total shock I had to say to myself that if I cant watch it then I shouldn't eat meat. Eventually I forced myself to watch the other half.
Since I watched that vid I havent bought ANY meat.

I'll repeat what you said.
For you peeps out there defending how we treat animals. If you have time watch this..

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

*Chirp chirp chirp*

Those crickets are the sound of all the hypocrites not watching the video.

Ignorance is bliss

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I have seen it before that's why I only get locally sourced meat, that is butchered at a farm and sold at that farms shop.
I don't think anyone has said they don't care how the animal is killed or raised, like I said before you gotta respect the animal...and pray to the Pig God if it is Bacon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join