It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Cold War a Cover For Black Budget Alien Projects?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

alldaylong

signalfire
Consider that you have a way of life, governmental and economic, that you feel is the best ever. In the US's case, a democratic republic combined with capitalism.

And the 'other guy' has communism as both.

If you wanted to win philosophically as well as on the ground against the other theory; would amassing thousands of nukes and blowing them off the face of the earth, in the process contaminating global air, water and earth really going to be the way to do it? It wasn't called MAD for nothing.

The only real reason (given they were rational) for nukes would be to fight an unknown enemy with unknown abilities, in an all-out war for survival. Otherwise, just diplomacy and maybe some limited skirmishes seems to be the way to go; certainly not such destructive and expensive weapons that in the end, you can't use them, and you bankrupt your people by building them...

The nuclear bomb was developed and manufactured by America, Britain and Canada to accelerate the end of WW II
I know sometimes the truth is less romantic but that is the real reason why the bomb was constructed.

Developed is the wrong word, the Nazis actually did that, we just finished it so to speak. You are kidding yourself if you think that is all we wanted it for.

I was one of those veterans of the cold war and in defense after. The cold war was real, way to real. So many times we came close to war that the public never knew about. Part of the cold war, and our further competition today was and is over alien technology. We both want it.

I don't worry about the disinfo guys and negative folks, I know what I have seen and will only say that roswell was nothing... There have been multiple crashes and or downings through the years and still happening today. They happen all over the world, Russia, China, Germany, Brazil, Peru, the artic, etc etc etc. We all have recovery teams and special units and scientists working on reverse engineering.

The cold war was very real however. Armies moved around the board in a very serious game. I do however believe that some of the money and resources could have been diverted to fund building bases etc. Black ops money comes from everywhere. We did not spend four hundred million on a website, or three hundred for hammers and toilet seats, etc. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Lol

Much of the tech and resources comes from ET however. Like the giant drilling machines. There are hundreds of thousands of regular folks that have been in armed forces or defense, CIA etc that have knowledge of the things we are talking about. Many have spoken out, it might just be small pieces of info, some might be stories they write in fear of speaking in the open. It may just be that person saying I saw a ufo.

On the other side you have the disinfo and negative people. No one is that negative and pessimistic but yet they are here in droves always demanding proof. I guess they could never go to heaven lol. You can't see God either lol.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Would explain the nuke stuff. Why do we need enough nukes to kill the planet several times over. When they were all put into place, the weapon technology wasn't advanced enough to intercept/knock out so many warheads. We barely have that tech now.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

LightAssassin

Hey signalfire, I've come across channeled material written in the late 80's early 90's that claims precisely this. What's crazy is that these people wrote over 100 'books' of this channeled material....and the stuff is relentless. It claims to know who killed JFK (he was going to crack down on the CIA black budget programs and source of funding...namely the world drug trade which the CIA were controlling through Mexico and South America, the real reasons for the Cold War....and so on and so forth.

They're called The Pheonix Journals

This is the journal in particular: Space Gate....The Veil Removed
edit on 7-12-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Holy Moly! Good night everyone, I'm down another rabbit hole now

Thanks for this link, LightAssassin!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

signalfire
was the Cold War really a ruse

Again, NO!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Goodbye, Bruce.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Signal Fire, you should check out The Day After Roswell written by retired United States Army Colonel Philip J. Corso. It puts forth a similar idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

I read Day After Roswell years ago now. I don't remember him specifically saying that the Cold War was a pretense for all the money spending, mostly it was about the reverse engineering projects.

Any details on this thread's premise would be appreciated, thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

no man... the US were really scared sh.tless.. lol, as for the ruskies, well the reds had really nothing to lose and were sick of the chickensh.t game the us was playin... and kept playin by proxy.

So no... it wasnt about aliens, but the US had much more to lose than the USSR.

And if you do the math, even with M.A.D coming into play, the USSR would come out as a winner... (since it was the one who has lost the less).

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

not quite, during those times empires formed reformed and collapsed all over europe all the time, Britain and France didn't have some huge advantage over others and easily could've fell to any nation as powerful as them, infact id say much conflict between nations in europe during that time was controlled and any nation acting beyond their claims were broken up among other nations.

i think a false controlled cold war is a real possibility if two nations desired power to such a point of dominating all of the earth, which if you think about it would be required to defend said planet where other old powers were all weakened from war and incapable of the kind of mass production, research and projection of power needed to defend an entire planet.
besides don't you think how the cold war ended seemed strange and full of coincidences that all just happened right on time and there wasn't much resistance from the USSR, it all seemed too easy and peaceful to me. either the cold war was real and their collapse was just a minor setback to their plans or it was all a ruse for another purpose.

but this is a what if thought exercise not a declaration of the truth of the cold war so you don't need to be so serious and condescending towards the OP.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

haha, no problems....at the very least they're entertaining.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

dlbott

alldaylong

signalfire
Consider that you have a way of life, governmental and economic, that you feel is the best ever. In the US's case, a democratic republic combined with capitalism.

If you wanted to win philosophically as well as on the ground against the other theory; would amassing thousands of nukes and blowing them off the face of the earth, in the process contaminating global air, water and earth really going to be the way to do it? It wasn't called MAD for nothing.

The only real reason (given they were rational) for nukes would be to fight an unknown enemy with unknown abilities, in an all-out war for survival. Otherwise, just diplomacy and maybe some limited skirmishes seems to be the way to go; certainly not such destructive and expensive weapons that in the end, you can't use them, and you bankrupt your people by building them...

The nuclear bomb was developed and manufactured by America, Britain and Canada to accelerate the end of WW II
I know sometimes the truth is less romantic but that is the real reason why the bomb was constructed.

Developed is the wrong word, the Nazis actually did that, we just finished it so to speak. You are kidding yourself if you think that is all we wanted it for.

I was one of those veterans of the cold war and in defense after. The cold war was real, way to real. So many times we came close to war that the public never knew about. Part of the cold war, and our further competition today was and is over alien technology. We both want it.

I don't worry about the disinfo guys and negative folks, I know what I have seen and will only say that roswell was nothing... There have been multiple crashes and or downings through the years and still happening today. They happen all over the world, Russia, China, Germany, Brazil, Peru, the artic, etc etc etc. We all have recovery teams and special units and scientists working on reverse engineering.

The cold war was very real however. Armies moved around the board in a very serious game. I do however believe that some of the money and resources could have been diverted to fund building bases etc. Black ops money comes from everywhere. We did not spend four hundred million on a website, or three hundred for hammers and toilet seats, etc. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Lol

Much of the tech and resources comes from ET however. Like the giant drilling machines. There are hundreds of thousands of regular folks that have been in armed forces or defense, CIA etc that have knowledge of the things we are talking about. Many have spoken out, it might just be small pieces of info, some might be stories they write in fear of speaking in the open. It may just be that person saying I saw a ufo.

On the other side you have the disinfo and negative people. No one is that negative and pessimistic but yet they are here in droves always demanding proof. I guess they could never go to heaven lol. You can't see God either lol.

The Bot

I don't know where you get your information on The Nuclear Bomb, but the Nazi's were way behind. You need to do some proper research.
The country that lead the race to build the bomb was Great Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now go away and brush up on your history.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

signalfire

Either you're being obtuse or you need to re-read the OP.

I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT. I'm probably older than you, and I've been paying attention the last 50 years or so, so you can skip the history lesson.

The point of this discussion is, was the Cold War really a ruse (unbeknownst to most of the players) for an unlimited budget, to spend on black projects, to enable the building up of an obscene arsenal of last-ditch attempt weapons among other things, and with the real enemy hidden from view rather than right out in the open off Sarah Palin's future porch?

Now if you don't mind I'm going to ignore you, since this part of the discussion is rather pointless, it would seem.

Back in the 1950's the favourite American pass-time was to see "Reds Under The Bed" Americans thought every one was a potential communist.
Jump forward 50 years and Americans favourite pass-time is now to see "Aliens " or "Alien Technology" every were.
Your as wrong about that as you were in the 1950's.

As for my age, if you were born before 1952 then yes your are older than myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

signalfire

LightAssassin

Hey signalfire, I've come across channeled material written in the late 80's early 90's that claims precisely this. What's crazy is that these people wrote over 100 'books' of this channeled material....and the stuff is relentless. It claims to know who killed JFK (he was going to crack down on the CIA black budget programs and source of funding...namely the world drug trade which the CIA were controlling through Mexico and South America, the real reasons for the Cold War....and so on and so forth.

They're called The Pheonix Journals

This is the journal in particular: Space Gate....The Veil Removed
edit on 7-12-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

Holy Moly! Good night everyone, I'm down another rabbit hole now

Thanks for this link, LightAssassin!

I, hold on a second, I was just browsing and some of the later Phoenix Journals appear to be about the Holocaust being a billion dollar lie, and the racism of Zionism. Holocaust deniers?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Im going to give you a star for thinking outside the box. To answer your question though no there was a cold war. With the government they dont need an excuse to fund a black project. They just overcharge other agencies for stuff. This is the reason every presidential candidate says there going to stop wasteful government spending.then talk about how their going to go through the budget line by line and complain how the government spends 200 dollars for a coffee mug or 400 for a hammer. Then they become president and all we hear is crickets chirping. When they become president and they go to the budget office and say hey id like to cut back government waste look we ordered 10000 coffee mugs at 200.00 dollars . They respond by saying well we didnt actually pay that they were 1.50 a piece the rest well we sorta used that over here.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

signalfire

alldaylong

signalfire

Obviously that's why the bomb was developed. Why did they see fit to produces 10s of thousands of them on both sides? Ones that they knew they could never use against other humans without killing themselves a few days later?

There were a lot of people early on in the cold war that thought a nuclear war could be winnable with acceptable losses. If you just spent the last few years ordering cities bombed to ruin then the 'bomb' just looks like a more efficient tool. People like 'Curtis LeMay'.

It took a while for the change in reality to become doctrine.

Building tens of thousands of them comes into it when the concept of mutually assured destruction comes into play. To make that effective a few isn't enough, you need complete overkill. You need so many you can still ensure the total eradication of you enemy despite having been attacked first and suffering attrition.

I would like to believe otherwise but no, it really was as dumb as it looks with hindsight. There were more then one occasion when armageddon was narrowly averted. The cuban crisis was just the most well known.

Unfortunately we don't learn either.

edit on 8-12-2013 by justwokeup because: typos

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

alldaylong

signalfire

I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT. I'm probably older than you, and I've been paying attention the last 50 years or so, so you can skip the history lesson.

The point of this discussion is, was the Cold War really a ruse (unbeknownst to most of the players) for an unlimited budget, to spend on black projects, to enable the building up of an obscene arsenal of last-ditch attempt weapons among other things, and with the real enemy hidden from view rather than right out in the open off Sarah Palin's future porch?

Now if you don't mind I'm going to ignore you, since this part of the discussion is rather pointless, it would seem.

Back in the 1950's the favourite American pass-time was to see "Reds Under The Bed" Americans thought every one was a potential communist.
Jump forward 50 years and Americans favourite pass-time is now to see "Aliens " or "Alien Technology" every were.

As for my age, if you were born before 1952 then yes your are older than myself.

It's 'you're' for 'you are'.

And unless you're posting from the UK, 'favorite'.

And since you're exactly my age, you should know this stuff. From your posts, I thought you were about 15.

Again, you're not getting the OP's point.

I UNDERSTAND that there was an ubiquitous Red Scare thing going on. I also understand that the vast majority of people on either side would have thought in simplistic, reinforced by propaganda terms of 'those damn Commies' or 'those damn Yankees'; and also that at least a large fraction of the money spent on the Cold War buildup was spent, idiotically, on munitions to fight a war that wasn't possible to even start, much less prevail in.

The OP's premise is that UFOs were real (this is unequivocal if you've done any research at all on the subject), that the military was terrified of the implications, and that they needed an excuse to spend a #-load of money on back engineering crashed craft, and that the majority of the 'need' for nukes was in case there was an alien invasion, not Russians landing in Kansas.

Now do you get it?

(Sheesh. Sometime I'm going to write a rant about people who didn't pay attention in fifth grade trying to have more complicated thought processes...)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

signalfire

alldaylong

signalfire

It's 'you're' for 'you are'.

And unless you're posting from the UK, 'favorite'.

And since you're exactly my age, you should know this stuff. From your posts, I thought you were about 15.

Again, you're not getting the OP's point.

I UNDERSTAND that there was an ubiquitous Red Scare thing going on. I also understand that the vast majority of people on either side would have thought in simplistic, reinforced by propaganda terms of 'those damn Commies' or 'those damn Yankees'; and also that at least a large fraction of the money spent on the Cold War buildup was spent, idiotically, on munitions to fight a war that wasn't possible to even start, much less prevail in.

The OP's premise is that UFOs were real (this is unequivocal if you've done any research at all on the subject), that the military was terrified of the implications, and that they needed an excuse to spend a #-load of money on back engineering crashed craft, and that the majority of the 'need' for nukes was in case there was an alien invasion, not Russians landing in Kansas.

Now do you get it?

(Sheesh. Sometime I'm going to write a rant about people who didn't pay attention in fifth grade trying to have more complicated thought processes...)

I speak "Real" English, known as the original.
Favourite is the British spelling. "You are " is correct without using the abbreviation.

Back on subject, you should record what you are saying then play it back and listen.
You will then realise how ludicrous you sound.

Please note i spelt realise with the letter "S" not "Z".

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

There was a joint venture with both. "We The People" are just pawns in the whole picture.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

no man... the US were really scared sh.tless.. lol, as for the ruskies, well the reds had really nothing to lose and were sick of the chickensh.t game the us was playin... and kept playin by proxy.

So no... it wasnt about aliens, but the US had much more to lose than the USSR.

And if you do the math, even with M.A.D coming into play, the USSR would come out as a winner... (since it was the one who has lost the less).

Sorry but we have never been scared of the Soviets or anyone else, way wrong there my friend. Never happen, did we prepare you darn right we did. As I stated, cold war was very real. You also don't know what you're talking about. Russia had the most to lose and they lost it. Their struggle was not really with us. Both sides knew we were stale mated.

Their biggest struggle was internal. Problems with their own generals. Problems holding onto territories became constant battle for them. That and keeping their own people down.

As for ET, that too has always been real. It is one, one of the reasons the nuclear arms race was halted.

In Reagan's later years he found it hard to keep this secret as his mind failed him.

The Bot
edit on 8-12-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

alldaylong

dlbott

alldaylong

signalfire

The Bot

I don't know where you get your information on The Nuclear Bomb, but the Nazi's were way behind. You need to do some proper research.
The country that lead the race to build the bomb was Great Britain.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now go away and brush up on your history.

My friend you are basing info on crap you read, mine is based on what I know. We finished and used what other people had started. We had been steeling information for years prior. You really should have another cub of tea and put some bourbon in it.

The greatest reward for the united states was gaining access to all the scientist and their work from the Nazi machine. If not for Patton and if the Germans had two more years we would all be speaking German, well at least you would have been over there lol. They were light years ahead but ran out of time, money and resources. Thank god lol.

The Bot

top topics

<< 1   >>

join