It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death bed confession: ADD/ADHD is a hoax.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People with ADD are crisis thinkers.

How many people are now on medication because teachers suck at teaching?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Ritalin is, that is "was" a category two drug. ADDICTIVE.

It is used in cocktail drugs sold on the streets. It's been true for decades.

Giving drugs to kids because they "suffer" from being a "kid" is psychotic. PERIOD.

It is a Pharmaceutical con job that makes them billions. Nothing more.

Toss in the feds rewarding state education systems with funding for special needs cases-the more cases, the more money- and you have a vested interest to put the kids on these drugs.

Get your kids off of them ..... for their sakes.

Balanced diet, minimal sugar intake, some strong, even-handed discipline, lots of love and help with their schooling and they'll be all right.

That's a parent's responsibility. Not the school's and certainly not drugs!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

gladtobehere
While the man credited with inventing this "mental disorder", US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg, died in 2009, the original article in the Spiegel didnt appear until 2012.

INVENTOR OF ADHD'S DEATHBED CONFESSION: "ADHD IS A FICTITIOUS DISEASE".

Fortunately, the Swiss National Advisory Commission on Biomedical Ethics (NEK, President: Otfried Höffe) critically commented on the use of the ADHD drug Ritalin in its opinion of 22 November 2011 titled Human enhancement by means of pharmacological agents: The consumption of pharmacological agents altered the child’s behavior without any contribution on his or her part.

The child was thus deprived of an essential learning experience to act autonomously and emphatically which “considerably curtails children’s freedom and impairs their personality development”, the NEK criticized.

The alarmed critics of the Ritalin disaster are now getting support from an entirely different side. The German weekly Der Spiegel quoted in its cover story on 2 February 2012 the US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg who was the “scientific father of ADHD” and who said at the age of 87, seven months before his death in his last interview: “ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease

The use of ADHD medications in Germany rose in only eighteen years from 34 kg (in 1993) to a record of no less than 1760 kg (in 2011) – which is a 51-fold increase in sales! In the United States every tenth boy among ten year-olds already swallows an ADHD medication on a daily basis. With an increasing tendency.

And there you have it. Yet another medical conspiracy. For what purpose is anyone's guess.

To help legitimize psychiatry? A barbaric field of "medicine" which has used and uses torture as "treatment" utilizing electric shocks, insulin comas and metal spikes inserted into the brain or whats known as a lobotomy.

Maybe it was to help pharmaceutical sales of drugs? Personal notoriety? Who knows.

Fortunately, ADD & ADHD has been coming under increased scrutiny even prior to this revelation.

A normal kid running around raising some hell could now be classified as a mental patient. And what could possibly be wrong with giving children psychotropic drugs?

And if your kid didnt have any real problems prior to being drugged, expect some after:

Side effects of Ritalin:

Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;

Feeling like you might pass out;

Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;

Aggression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches);

Easy bruising, purple spots on your skin; or dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).

edit on 7-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

95% of those who used Ritalin as a child have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder as adults.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My brother was diagnosed with it, he was just doing what kids do and pushing the boundaries.

I call it little s***s syndrome, but because parents have been weakened for disciplining their kids by the system and/or the crap they put into their bodies in the form of junk food, soda's or just general rubbish.

It has become far easier to sedate the little blighters for a gentler, more docile little puppet. Not to mention the government even pays you in the UK to do it.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

ChesterJohn

95% of those who used Ritalin as a child have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder as adults.

That would be an nuke of a statistic if it were true.

I don't suppose you have a source to back that one up, do you?

I'd be the destroyer of all RX if it could be backed.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The reverse affect, is similar to the "sugar rush". If you give a kid sugar-or an adult- who doesn't normally consume it, especially in a strong dose, he generally gets a rush. Parents have known this for generations.

For those that consume sugar on a regular basis, an increase in no longer a stimulant. It acts like a depressant.

That mechanism is identical in the general category of "drugs". Two cups of coffee is a stimulant. 10 cups at one sitting acts as a depressant. 80 cups?? It will kill you.

Ridalin follows a similar mechanism, from my understanding.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Then your understanding is wrong. I'll also mention once again that Strattera, a selective norepinehprine reuptake inhibitor, also works as a treatment in ADHD. How does that fit in with your theory?
edit on 12/8/2013 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Its not that psychiatry is bad per se—since mental illness is rampant.

The problem is that the science never developed into a valid curative medicine, but instead evolved to the monster called psychopharmacology—something Freud actually predicted.

Patients aren’t dealt with by empathetic insightful therapist but pill pushers with medical degrees and only sometimes do patients get “therapy” from a psychologist.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don't know which disturbs me more, this article or the one that almost slips quietly past your field of vision on the page beside it :LINK

Ro

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree completely that ADHD is over diagnosed along with autism. Medicating kids is far easier than dealing with them, unfortunately the true cases are lumped in with the false cases.

When I was in elementary school (late 70's early 80's) we had three recesses a day. Morning, lunch and afternoon. My daughter (4th grade) gets one 15 minute recess at lunch. They don't have a chance to burn of some steam and that has to effect their focus. Combine that with the faster lifestyle people live today I have no dought that their minds drift.

They get low fat meals at school now and it tends to taste lousy so they don't eat it. Hungry kids dont focus like well fed kids do.

Schools place special needs kids in regular classes where I live and they tend to distract other kids. My daughter has all kinds of stories about the autistic kid in her class.

The list goes on and on , so yeah, more kids have wondering minds. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For anyone who is following this thread and interested:

I have not seen one mention of the drug "Desoxyn" which, IMHO puts everything in perspective RX List - Desoxyn This is literally PRESCRIPTION METH!! Methamphamphetamine in pill form for the treatment of ADD, ADHD.

Now, if you look at the uses, side effects, addiction potential, and withdrawals, it is nearly identical to Adderall. Generic Adderall is Amphetamine Salt, not so far off from Meth-Amphatamine Salt (or HCL) on a chemical level.

I am no chemist but it doesn't take a genius to see how similar these drugs are. Along with Ritalin, Focalin, Concerta, they are all basically in the same boat! You are giving your kids prescription meth if you buy into this crap.

My personal experience: In 2nd grade I would do basically all of the possible 'seat work' in the textbooks ahead of schedule and be left sitting there, bored out of my mind. I would act out and get yelled at for tapping my pencil, getting out of my chair, stupid stuff! I was told I had ADD and the nuns at the school basically said "Get meds or get out!". Thank G*D my parents got me out of there!

College comes around and any college student will attest to the RAMPANT use of ADHD meds by the majority of the student, including me. You put off a paper, have 2 nights to write it and then there is some stupid kid who pushes this crap onto you acting like its the miracle pill from that movie Limitless.

I would say your kids seem calmer because the stuff makes you think about the same things over and over. It makes you "stuck" on a thought for long time, unable to move on until the thought is completely resolved. You become so strung out, malnourished, and sleep deprived your brain can hardly function!

After I first took it, I was astonished that we give this stuff to kids. It makes you a zombie and is extremely addictive. One poster said he tried his childs meds, I wouldn't say this is a bad idea! You'll learn your lesson (no pun intended). Once I learned more about meth and Adderall similarities I stopped taking it. NOT good stuff, hardly actually helps and the work you do on it is usually crappy.

edit on 8-12-2013 by Attentionwandered because: made neater

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Of course adhd isn't real. You're telling me it's bad for kids to be hyper? Maybe "adhd" is not the lack of attention, but the abundance of attention in many subjects. I bet any "adhd" kid can juggle. I'll bet an adhd kid can play chess if you explain the rules. Adhd is ridiculous. It's a label for parents to feel at ease that a drug is "fixing them", when in all reality, giving them a damn drug to FIX them is actually giving them the problem. INVEST in their abnormalities. Is your child hyper? BUY HIM A BIKE.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sorry to break everyone's bubble but ADD/ADHD is real. I've had it but never took anything for it. One of my symptoms makes it difficult to concentrate on what somebody is saying when speaking to me or when I'm listening to something like a lecture. I'll start wandering in my own thoughts within a few seconds or minutes and unless I try really really hard to concentrate I'll stop listening. It makes it hard to remember names and conversations I've had with people because I wasn't listening.

Also imagine how hard it is for me since I live in another country where learning the language is 10x harder.

I had a hard time in school because of it. I wasn't dumb because I learned to program software when I was in 6th grade where I would regularly place 1st in regional contests. So it can appear like you are smart even though you are testing bad and getting bad grades in class. It's because of this I think some get miss diagnosed.

Computer games and programming are like a drug for me, they let me concentrate. I did take speed a few times when I was young and found it helped me to concentrate. Of course the side effects of the drug make it not the best choice to take.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by furono

So you're saying English isn't your primary language? Because if so, it being 10x harder to learn than your own language, then bravo! Most Americans don't pay a lick of attention to another language, most are interested, seldom are they focused. In your case, you say you are adhd, you'll be doing something then get lost in your thoughts......well, reverse that and you won't have adhd.. Lose your thoughts when you are doing something. Aka, concentrate. Aka, look up meditation. Adhd isn't real, because you aren't flawed. You are a human being and have interests other than the regular interests of your every day person. Just because you can't focus on a boring subject doesn't mean you are adhd. Why else can you focus on video games? Or music? Because they're SOOTHING. They're CALMING. They require ATTENTION. Much like a keyboard, a controller, a baby, monopoly, etc. The cure to adhd isn't substance, the cure to adhd is productivity. Have you ever thought maybe, instead of trying to calm your thoughts down, you actually concentrate on what those thoughts are? You are single-handedly part of a generation that is going to change the world, and see things that no one has ever seen before in the history of man kind. Man kind is evolving on a consciousness level that to our knowledge, hasn't been done yet. With the rise of technology, and the rise of power, comes the rise of the power of choice of good and bad. I believe you should choose to believe you are not adhd. I believe you should choose to believe you are just fine, the way you are.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dr. Umar Johnson has been saying this for YEARS.....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Always saw this sickness as a means to point fingers.

A reason for parents to shift blame on their child's upbringing. How a child acts in school is a definite reflection of home life. Even know some parents who receives money for this illness.

IMO, these hyperactive kids need better stimulus in life. Make them work their ends off when they can, no need for medications. Had a hyperactive kid that lived next door when I was a kid, he would choose to stay indoors because of his condition. When he did decide to come out, he'd act up. We beat him up when he did (after we asked him to chill)...then he'd act normal for a few days. His (normal) change in behavior troubled his mother so she'd ground him... This repeated many times. He would always say, 'I'm on medication for my hyperactivity.' The only medication we were on was life... Back talk your parents and you would expect an assbeat-down. His parents didn't believe in physical discipline.

My Sig link is what I see as a remedy to this sort of behavior. We all need focus and a place in a family, hard to do now a days.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Okay, I have to call BS on this thread because if my brother's ADHD is fake then my Asperger's is just your run of the mill shyness.

My parents had a tough time trying to figure out what was wrong with him: wouldn't eat, lost a vast amount of weight (still is quite skinny), couldn't sit still for a period of time and only had interest for video games, no matter how hard they tried to give him other things. This also made him destructive, hyper, and he would lash out at us. He even tried to stab me with a grill thermometer...AT FIVE YEARS OLD.

Luckily after a series of tests, the doctors did conclude he has a form of ADHD and takes medication for it. he calms down quite well, but he still have some behavior issues that are trying to be corrected.

Our lives are so much easier that he's been treated, and if not, my bro would be in foster care or in state custody because of his unruliness.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by furono

You know, you almost sound like my little brother because he's obsessed with videogames and robots and computers and that.

But he takes methylphendiate to calm him down

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

TheToastmanCometh
Okay, I have to call BS on this thread because if my brother's ADHD is fake then my Asperger's is just your run of the mill shyness.

My parents had a tough time trying to figure out what was wrong with him: wouldn't eat, lost a vast amount of weight (still is quite skinny), couldn't sit still for a period of time and only had interest for video games, no matter how hard they tried to give him other things. This also made him destructive, hyper, and he would lash out at us. He even tried to stab me with a grill thermometer...AT FIVE YEARS OLD.

Luckily after a series of tests, the doctors did conclude he has a form of ADHD and takes medication for it. he calms down quite well, but he still have some behavior issues that are trying to be corrected.

Our lives are so much easier that he's been treated, and if not, my bro would be in foster care or in state custody because of his unruliness.

That sounds like a real illness. Kids now get that same label just because. A chemical imbalance vs a bad temperament are totally different things. Diagnosis/treatment now don't see it that way. They'll hand out drugs just because.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

WWJFKD
reply to post by webedoomed

I'm sorry I was born in the 70s before we had disorders I guess - because I cant recall anyone having had this to any degree where medication was needed or any intervention outside of a swift kick in the pants. To answer your question I see no disorder - I didn't when it was first diagnosed and I no more now see it that its inventor has poo pooed it.

funny you should claim this considering you have kennedy as your avatar
(his sister was lobotomized because she was thought to be mentally ill
and trepanation has been practiced as a cure for mental illness as well as other problems for thousands of years)

but yeah im not sure that add or adhd exist as such but are probably a variety of different disorders tossed under a convenient blanket
and most that are diagnosed with it likely have no disorder of any kind and are subjected to a complete misdiagnosis
edit on 9-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join