It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death bed confession: ADD/ADHD is a hoax.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
While the man credited with inventing this "mental disorder", US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg, died in 2009, the original article in the Spiegel didnt appear until 2012.

INVENTOR OF ADHD'S DEATHBED CONFESSION: "ADHD IS A FICTITIOUS DISEASE".

Fortunately, the Swiss National Advisory Commission on Biomedical Ethics (NEK, President: Otfried Höffe) critically commented on the use of the ADHD drug Ritalin in its opinion of 22 November 2011 titled Human enhancement by means of pharmacological agents: The consumption of pharmacological agents altered the child’s behavior without any contribution on his or her part.

The child was thus deprived of an essential learning experience to act autonomously and emphatically which “considerably curtails children’s freedom and impairs their personality development”, the NEK criticized.

The alarmed critics of the Ritalin disaster are now getting support from an entirely different side. The German weekly Der Spiegel quoted in its cover story on 2 February 2012 the US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg who was the “scientific father of ADHD” and who said at the age of 87, seven months before his death in his last interview: “ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease

The use of ADHD medications in Germany rose in only eighteen years from 34 kg (in 1993) to a record of no less than 1760 kg (in 2011) – which is a 51-fold increase in sales! In the United States every tenth boy among ten year-olds already swallows an ADHD medication on a daily basis. With an increasing tendency.

And there you have it. Yet another medical conspiracy. For what purpose is anyone's guess.

To help legitimize psychiatry? A barbaric field of "medicine" which has used and uses torture as "treatment" utilizing electric shocks, insulin comas and metal spikes inserted into the brain or whats known as a lobotomy.

Maybe it was to help pharmaceutical sales of drugs? Personal notoriety? Who knows.

Fortunately, ADD & ADHD has been coming under increased scrutiny even prior to this revelation.

A normal kid running around raising some hell could now be classified as a mental patient. And what could possibly be wrong with giving children psychotropic drugs?

And if your kid didnt have any real problems prior to being drugged, expect some after:

Side effects of Ritalin:

Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;

Feeling like you might pass out;

Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;

Aggression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches);

Easy bruising, purple spots on your skin; or dangerously high blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, buzzing in your ears, anxiety, confusion, chest pain, shortness of breath, uneven heartbeats, seizure).

edit on 7-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Tobacco can be used to treat ADHD and ADD. So can coffee and a hotdog twice a week. There are many ways to address this issue, none of them requiring medications. You can speed up a part of the brain or lower the output of the other, both will work. Food, beverages, and condiments can accomplish that. A slight restructuring of the diet can help. Bloodtests will not work right, it is sometimes a deficiency at the cellular level or an imbalance of electrolytes or brain chemicals. This can be accomplished with diet.

+88 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
School tried to tell me my son had ADHD because he wasn't paying attention in elementary school. They insisted he be medicated. It nearly went to court as I insisted he had no such thing and was merely bored in class. They do not have medical degrees and can not legally make medical diagnoses. They brought in a child psychologist (not a medically trained psychiatrist) to back up the diagnosis. I insisted that my son take an IQ test at which he scored higher than the teacher! They backed down on trying to drug my son and instead put him in advanced classes.

How many of these school shootings have been done by kids on one medication or another? Quit drugging the kids and start parenting them instead.
edit on 7-12-2013 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How about parents actually start parenting and not look to attach a label to their child simply because it's easier than disciplining them?

Far, far easier to pile them with BIG pharma products and have a quieter life.
edit on 7/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Agreed, establishment drugs are dangerous but I'm not even sure if there is such a thing as ADD/ADHD as stated by the creator of this "disease".

I think a more appropriate "diagnosis" would simply be that some kids are just a bigger pain in the buttocks.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If this is true...

Will all the people that are getting disability benefits for either themselves, or their children, for ADD/ADHD stop receiving their handouts?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think in his later hours of life, he began to realize the uncertainties of it all, especially the supposed symptoms and categorization of people's mental conditions, whether temporary or long lasting (hence the term condition).

The mind is truly a very complex thing, and what influences it, well, we can say that there are supposed imbalances of a neurotransmitter, but we still don't know much about the observable patterns of happenings within all structures of the brain, let alone outside the brain!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah but, no one stands to make any money this way!

Not to mention an active, inquisitive child can be "so much bother" in a public school setting. They are seemingly only content when they're actually learning something meaningful to them or through hands-on interaction and other teaching methods that actually work.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If there's no such thing as ADHD then why do the drugs used to treat it work differently in those suffering from it than those who aren't? Why can we see that those suffering from it have decreased brain activity in certain areas? The fact is there is a real disorder. Is it overdiagnosed? Definitely. But that's primarily due to teachers who have no business diagnosing whatsoever and GPs who diagnose without having any real background in mental disorders.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Funny how for every mental "disease" a human can get...there is a pill for.

Almost as if there are contrived diseases just to sell more pills. ADD or ADHD could be one of many. There are many people who suffer from mental disorders or disease in general, because there has always been mental cases as far back as recorded history, but it's pretty convenient how there is a Big business industry modeled directly for these problems now and it seems mainly to make obscene profits.

Plus the fact that there are hundreds more medications than actual disorders today. Almost as if there is a need to make up more disorders in order to fill the medications?

edit on 7-12-2013 by havok because: clarity....

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
How about parents actually start parenting and not look to attach a label to their child simply because it's easier than disciplining them?

Far, far easier to pile them with BIG pharma products and have a quieter life.
edit on 7/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

I partly agree with that, but those parents that you speak of were educated to choose the easy alternative.
The system makes life easy for them if they choose that route, and it makes it difficult for them if they go the other way. Just take a look at some of the crap being pumped into those parents via the television and their health practitioners!
For example "Don't pick up a baby that's crying"
Why on earth would they pump out such cruel information? Because they want a generation of morons totally disconnected from each other, who will run - not to mum - but to the system!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I agree with you to some extent but it goes far deeper than that. The system is broken and all institutions, including education and medicine, are lying money-making machines.

But yeah, I do agree parenting skills can be called into question in some cases.

It's not called attention deficit disorder for nothin...

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ADHD is only a "hoax" to those who cant speak to its existence from personal experience. While its not a "disease", its not a hoax, either. Its a position at the far end of a continuum that all individuals occupy at some location.

Its not a black and white, 0 or 1 issue either. As said, its a continuum, and those who at the far end can find concentration absurdly difficult, with all but the strongest medications yielding little results, and the strongest like Adderall potentially having some serious side effects like severe weight loss.

And no, eating a hotdog twice a week is NOT an effective treatment method

ADHD is not hoax, but neither is it a disease. Its an abnormality that is simply how some people are. Nothing needs to be "fixed", just accommodated, especially with different teaching/learning methods.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If there is no ADD/ADHD, I've sure seen some kids who have something. Granted, it is way, way, way overdiagnosed and mostly non-existent, but I have worked with a handful who had something that interfered with their behavior to the point where they really could not focus in the normal way.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I absolutely believe this! I've been saying it for ages! When I was a kid, it was never heard of, but a good clip round the ear was, if we misbehaved!! It's just an label put on kids by the medicals who are sick of parents wasting surgery time with difficult kids. They won't be satisfied until there child is 'cured', so they stick them in this category.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It is an imbalance or a malnutrition issue based on the imbalance. Certain Nitrogen compounds are nervines, they can calm certain parts of the brain. Certain sulfur compounds possess properties that can calm people and allow them to concentrate. If you increase either of these two, you have to make sure there is enough molybdenum containing foods in the diet or you get complications. When you increase nitrogen compounds you also have to consume foods containing Leucine so it moderates the nitrogen.

Making sure you get adequate amounts of magnesium is crucial to a properly working brain. Sunflower seeds and nuts contain this, as does chocolate. Learning what the cravings mean is important.

A B6 deficiency can also cause problems with thinking, eating overly processed or overcooked food all the time depletes this vitamin, it falls apart at around 190 degrees F.

There are a lot of solutions, it is a trial and error situation on the part of the parent, watching the behavior of the child to guide them. Medicines are a scam with this, the side effects of the meds are troublesome sometimes. I study meds, I try to see what they add up to. This requires hours of thinking after reading some articles and going back and checking things. Medicines work sometimes but over half the time the side effects are worse than the disease, manifesting slowly over a period of time. Speeds lower a kids creativity too. It alters their intelligence if used constantly. Einstein would have been a candidate for Ritlin. He was too creative and intelligent, look at all the bad things he created because of his ADD
edit on 7-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The DSM IV & V is full of fictional diseases. Most of this stuff is simply a way to self perpetuate the need for psychiatry and big pharma.

That said there are measurable physiological differences between someone with ADD & ADHD and someone without it. Whether that requires "treatment" is debatable.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

whitewave
School tried to tell me my son had ADHD because he wasn't paying attention in elementary school. They insisted he be medicated. It nearly went to court as I insisted he had no such thing and was merely bored in class. They do not have medical degrees and can not legally make medical diagnoses. They brought in a child psychologist (not a medically trained psychiatrist) to back up the diagnosis. I insisted that my son take an IQ test at which he scored higher than the teacher! They backed down on trying to drug my son and instead put him in advanced classes.

How many of these school shootings have been done by kids on one medication or another? Quit drugging the kids and start parenting them instead.
edit on 7-12-2013 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

There is no disease, did we not read the OP. I have known this for years. I have seen it happen with friends and my grandson. He is just a normal kid. His mother does not discipline him correctly or give him proper attention in his younger years. Left to his own devices, that and his constant eating junk food.

Here you have the classic example of a young man who is normal and just needs an adjustment in his diet, proper exercise, love and discipline. Today kids don't get true exercise, they just sit in front of video games. They don't run and jump and play cowboys and Indians etc. This kind of exercise uses their minds and imagination and does much more than give them a workout.

These drugs are harming our kids, don't let them make a zombie out of your children because they don't have the patience or the skill to deal with them. They turned a friends kids into little zombies with no personality or sense of who they are anymore, it literally breaks my heart. It is criminal abuse and should be prosecuted.

These kids, there are of course exceptions, are normal and just need schools and teachers who understand them and treat them accordingly. But that would take too much time and work, they say. In other words they are not worth it. Too much money to help them, just drug them. So what they are zombies and are not learning anything now, not our problem.

If it were their kids they would feel differently. Just another example of people, in this case children, being exploited for money. The drug companies even have training for schools at how to spot a child that needs drugs.

This is an issue we should all be outraged by. They are the precious ones.....

The Bot
edit on 7-12-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Try living with someone who has ADHD for a few years and then tell me it doesn't exist.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD if I had of been born a bit later.
I didnt pay any attention in class and used to act up all the time, not because of any imbalance but purely because I was bored.
I didnt do any work in maths, science or english for 3 years, literally not a thing!!!

The school was at its wits end but they had to keep putting me in the next year coz I always aced my tests and even won maths and science competitions for the school, all while learning absolutely nothing in class.

I think kids with ADD are either gifted, slow or have too much sugar in their diets.

Get rid of the bell curve system of schooling and I think we would see ADD virtually disappear

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join