It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death bed confession: ADD/ADHD is a hoax.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I come from a family where both my brother and I have been diagnosed with ADD. My dad beat the crap out of my brother for every little thing, and I only avoided it because I was smart enough to get As ad Bs and was good in class. It's easier for girls because we tend to just zone out, and the teachers don't care about that.

However, if you don't sit still all day long like a good little drone, like is perfectly normal for active little boys and sometimes even active little girls, they get all antsy and want you drugged up. My brother was a zombie and still had trouble sometimes.

I can say from my own experience and the experience of other kids in my school: discipline is not the problem. If anything, it's the opposite.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You mean to tell me the medical/pharmaceutical establishment is willing to lie to us in order to control us and make more money? I won't believe it until i see the peer reviewed scientific literature to support these outlandish blah blah blah blah..

Could it be anything to do with absent (minded) parents, poor nutrition, constant TV, uninspired education systems, not enough sunshine and not enough good old fashioned love, attention and nurturing, and LOVING discipline? Nope, let's just send them off for their indoctrination and give them a pill so they don't squirm.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
I come from a family where both my brother and I have been diagnosed with ADD. My dad beat the crap out of my brother for every little thing, and I only avoided it because I was smart enough to get As ad Bs and was good in class. It's easier for girls because we tend to just zone out, and the teachers don't care about that.

However, if you don't sit still all day long like a good little drone, like is perfectly normal for active little boys and sometimes even active little girls, they get all antsy and want you drugged up. My brother was a zombie and still had trouble sometimes.

I can say from my own experience and the experience of other kids in my school: discipline is not the problem. If anything, it's the opposite.

Great post and I'm sorry to hear about your experience

The only thing I would say is that I don't believe discipline is the problem. The problem is these days people don't understand how to do it. It needs to be 20% 'telling off' and 80% lovingly explaining why you're doing it. They need to know that you're doing it because you love them and want to teach them about life. You're doing it to save them future pain, to teach them what's acceptable, because if you don't who will?

20% Telling off - let them know that you mean it, and if they don't change there will be consequences and make sure to follow these through.

80% Lovingly explaining the whys. Children respond to one thing, love. It will soften the most violent kids if used rightly, unfortunately there is not that much around these days (and sorry, you can't buy it in a pill over the counter)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Show me a five year old, especially a boy who can concentrate/keep their attention on something that they're not keenly interested in for more than a minute or two and I will call you a liar. LOL.

Well, I'll buckle up for the name-calling then because at 9 MONTHS old my son had figured out the remote control to the television and would sit for hours watching Nickelodeon until I'd finally turn it off and make him do something else.
That's why I knew the school was waaaay off when they said he had attention deficit disorder. He had astounding attention capability.

Another point I'd like to bring up is that out of all the pages in that tome of diagnosing human behavior called the DSM, not one page identifies exactly what behavior is considered "normal" so that any one of us at any time can be diagnosed with something. If all human behaviors are categorized as an ailment then none of us can prove we're sane. Used to be people who colored outside the box of societal conventions were deemed "eccentric" or "peculiar" or "adorable". Now there's a page in the DSM that will allow some authoritarian figure to forcibly medicate them. There's a page for all of us, I fear.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

School tried to tell me my son had ADHD because he wasn't paying attention in elementary school. They insisted he be medicated. It nearly went to court as I insisted he had no such thing and was merely bored in class. They do not have medical degrees and can not legally make medical diagnoses. They brought in a child psychologist (not a medically trained psychiatrist) to back up the diagnosis. I insisted that my son take an IQ test at which he scored higher than the teacher! They backed down on trying to drug my son and instead put him in advanced classes.

I am a counselor and I specialize in this area. You have no idea how much this occurs. It is rampant in western societies. Schools hate IQ tests because it makes teachers feel inadequate as well they should. There are other indicators such as 'arguing with teachers' ie, not accepting the dogma they are taught.

P

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Bassago
The DSM IV & V is full of fictional diseases. Most of this stuff is simply a way to self perpetuate the need for psychiatry and big pharma.

That said there are measurable physiological differences between someone with ADD & ADHD and someone without it. Whether that requires "treatment" is debatable.

While I do believe we can point to the poisons we inject into our children at an ever increasing rate, fluoride, aspartame, and a sundry of other fillers into our "junk" food, I put the blame soley on the loss of right vs wrong, victim mentality, easy disability checks and more money for schools educating ADHD children, it is amazing what reality therapy will do for a child.

Children are not stupid. If they can pitch a fit, get coddled, and treated like a victim and such they will do so. Now, chastise, punish, discipline on a consistent basis with clear boundaries stated and proved and that child will comply. There is a need for being an individual and there is also a need to live in the real world. If free hand outs were not happening and you could not get a job because you don't like to shower, cut your hair and wear clean neat clothes then you might learn to do so if you want to eat!

Outward bound has a reality therapy side to it. Imagine 15 juvenile delinquents on a hike in the wilderness and the weather starts to turn bad. They are told to pitch their tent but little johnny is tired and pitches a fit. Guess what happens? They don't have long discussions or tell someone to let him into their tent, little johnny sits in the cold rain and pays the price for being a jackass. In a day or two, little johnny starts to realize that if he doesn't do his fair share he will not have much, and by the end of the week he has had a change of heart in most cases.

Sadly, in our current society, little Johnny gets a pill, felt sorry for, not expected to do much and rarely accomplishes much in his life. For those not born with a silver spoon in their mouth, being lazy, rude, unproductive has consequences personally and socially.
edit on 8-12-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I've always thought it was fictitious.
There's been a conspiracy to invent all sorts of mental disturbances, not just ADHD.
No such thing as bi polar either. Of course those who have the latter will say how dare you, I have that and can assure you it's very real.

As much as it might appear the motive is money, I think it's much more than that. It's to dumb people down, make them docile, so they don't care. They reduce alertness and thinking for one's self. The psychotropic medication I mean.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
As a great poet once said, "Teacher, leave those kids alone".

I never bought this illness, as sugar and kids-being-kids usually explained it. When I was growing up I never knew a kid on any drugs except for sugar, none I knew drank coffee but soda was the fix of choice. Maybe kids are drinking coffee now for some odd reason, but soda never went of style.

So the guy who invented this fake illness 'fessed up, good to hear that. I can't type much more now, my restless leg syndrome is giving me the willies ("The Willies" is the World Medical Association approved term I believe).
edit on 8-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Real disorder or not, there are some, albeit probably a tiny percentage of the total of those on ADHD medication, who truly seem to benefit from taking it.

I know a little girl who without it, is like herding kittens. She's literally everywhere at the same time and pretty much unable to focus on anything long enough to do anything. You hear the term "bouncing off the walls", with her it's actual bouncing off walls.

Once her parents got her on whatever it is she's taking, the difference was remarkable!

I'm not talking about a high energy child being converted into a zombie, I'm talking about someone who was quite literally unable to sit there focus on something for more than 10-15 seconds who now has actual interests, can carry on a conversation, can pay attention, study, play etc...The difference it made in her was astounding to me.

Perhaps it was just a "phase" that she would have eventually grown out of, but certainly the difference it makes in her life "today" seems worth it to me, and if she was my kid I'd have her on the same stuff, not "for me" or "for easier time parenting", but for her. So she is able to have friends, do normal kid stuff etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I suspected that but I'm glad you brought that up. Just confirms my suspicions. Trama care only, everything else is a scam.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

ADD/ADHD is not a hoax.

However you can create it so that it exist so that you sell.

But again one thing they are not hoaxes.

That's like saying that autism is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Noooooooo

Its Ritlin that is the HOAX

Psychology is applied biology; Biology is applied chemistry...

DEXIES 4 ALLL

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So I've been doing some more research on this interview. First off, and I should have mentioned this earlier, Eisenberg is hardly the creator of ADHD. The behavior had been recognized long before he did research on it. He was one of the first psychiatrists to do research on it but he wasn't the first. In fact his main area of focus was on autism. Now, what I've found is that the phrase "fictitious disease" does not appear in the original German article. In that it quotes Eisenberg as saying that ADHD is overdiagnosed, which is something I think we can all agree on.

Dr. Leon Eisenberg - ADHD Is A Fictitious Disease

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Okay then, if these children are normal, and don't truly have any condition, then why does giving them a stimulant such as Ritalin actually produce a reversed effect? A normal person who is given a stimulant like that will not be "calmed down" by any means. I am not saying you are wrong, but I don't believe it as of right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I just leave it to this: it is sad that serious mental and physical conditions are used for the conspiracy- minded crowd to enforce their world view.

We can talk about evil big pharma all day, but at the same time alternative treatments which have little to no proof of their effectiveness is multi-billion dollar industry. There is no conspiracy to be found there as the label clearly says those products are "not intended to treat or prevent any disease"...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have been saying it for years to never trust the medical establishment for any reason when it comes to prescribing medication, there are only a few medications like that which have any benefit to mankind. Penicillin, or amoxicillin, which is used to fight infection, and to a smaller degree in my particular case would be for me to use valium on the necessary occasions when my back is in extreme pain. They tried to put me on a lifetime prescription of vicodin, which is a pain killer because my back was in pain from an old injury where i had a slipped disc in my back, it took me a great deal of time to explain to the doctor that vicodin was a pain killer which only masks the symptoms. I had to explain to a "doctor" that the muscles in my back, were tensing up because of the slipped disc in my back which was pinching my radius nerve and the solution to the problems was to use a muscle relaxer to relieve the tension in my muscles so that my back would stretch out and allow the disc to slip back into place so that the nerve wasn't being pinched anymore. I wasn't asking for a lifetime supply of valium. I was only asking for a two week supply of the valium, and that if my way didn't work then we would try his way of using vicodin. Guess who's method worked? What's worse is that all of my friends were upset with me for not taking the lifetime supply of vicodin, they all said, you could have sold it to me. I have always been a firm believer that the pharmaceutical industry is number one trying to poison you and get you addicted to their useless product. I'm proud to say I haven't had to take any pills for more than 10 years now and I would never let these so called doctors experiment on me for any reason. Never ever allow any doctor to put your child on medication , the pharmaceutical industry has only been around for 50 or so years, mankind has survived for millions of years without them, and we would survive for millions more without them. Now while I agree that there are pharmaceuticals that are beneficial to some people most of them are a hazard to humanity.

(post by cartenz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by maryhinge removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

My child clearly had something wrong, Ritalin helped hugely with his behaviour, he took it for three months, I saw the negative effects of the drug, not sleeping, not eating, etc. So I took half the dose prescribed for him, on the recommendation of an article I read somewhere back in the 1990's then I saw why it worked!

If I spent my days taking coc aine or speed, I am sure that at first, I too would be more productive, in a happier mood etc.

Much as Ritalin worked for my son, once I experienced it for myself and realised how it works, I refused to continue with medicating him. He is now a grown man and although not as functional as I would like, I see no sign of hyperactivity in his behaviour.

I was told when he was young that ADHD was a fictitious illness, but thought the gp had not kept up to date with medical knowledge. after my experiences, I went from a believer in medication to a non believer. Although I still stand by my belief that there is something wrong with these children, I do feel that we do not treat it in the correct manner.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join