It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wish they had a larger, high resolution picture of 'Aladin`s lamp,' or whatever it's actually called.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

- It would make a great desktop picture!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At first,thanks for your post, nice images, very good. To my opinion, this is a great support to Immanuel Velikosky theories. As times go passing, discoveries are proving Velikosky was right in many of his assertions.

Take a look at http:/www.varchive.org

And i did a video about some strange patterns on sea floor that suggest human work too.

I posted here :

ancient & lost civilizations

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing, and no surprise here.

Now I implore them to image the areas off the south/ south east coasts of Easter Island. On the google maps mobile version, for some reason for a period of time the detail of the ocean floor was MUCH greater than what it is now on the PC/MAC version and the mobile versions of Google Earth.

When I looked at that area, I saw what seemed a hell of a lot like the pyramids in Mexico, steps and all. Now, the area is blurred

edit on 7-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

I did a preliminary search around Easter Island, and in fact there is strange things on the floor. Kind of bubbles,
with perfectly rounded bases, got my attention. But there is more,i'll look it in deep. I wish Google give us more resolution in the near future. If satellite imagery can spot a knife in the ground, why Google give us so poor resolution

edit on 7-12-2013 by angkory13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Pinke

CosmicDude
Coolest thing is this is a city it was thought to be a legend, so, it`s just a matter of time they find other legendary cities, like.....Atlantis for example

...And if it`s also under clay sediments can be well conserved as well

Don't want to kill excitement because I love history ...

But this is a city that is only mentioned in a few texts. Atlantis is a city whose main textual reference comes from someone that was prone to writing philosophical fiction. Would be neat if Atlantis was real, but the two things are a fair distance apart.

True enough.
Homer was also prone to writing fiction. Yet we found out that the city of Troy was not a myth as once believed. Who knows if Atlantis is anything more than a myth itself. But the possibility is always there that it wasn't.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

geo1066
reply to post by CosmicDude

I read your link. That is an awesome find. Something just didn't sit with me quite right though. You know that old saying "..if it looks to good to be true.."? Maybe my lack of knowledge, but I would think that all of those artifacts being underwater for 1500+ years would have some sort of 'Mother Nature' growing on them.

My bet would be that an earthquake in the area caused liquefaction and the whole city sunk in the mud. That would explain why nothing grew on the artifacts like normal if it was sitting on top of the sand in the salt water. Something was probably sticking out that caused them to find this city, like part of one of the statues.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Komodo
reply to post by Klassified

WOW.. just WOW .. ! My head swimming and my heart is pounding with excitement .. !!

I'm still not seeing how this can change history forever since it was recorded back in BC times; just trying to put 2 & 2 together ..

It would probably be more correct for us to say...Change the way we see history forever. That's what is meant anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

This is an amazing find. Thank you for posting.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Can someone on here translate what it says?

im not 100% sure but to be honest its reads something like

"If thouwest readest this thou arts of those who are doomedz"

The next line says
"The hottest brothel in town, first left then firt right"

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I love when discoveries like this happens during our modern days, is amazing just to imagine what else is still hiding around the world for many others after us to find

Just amazing, thanks for the sharing.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Troy was non-existent and just a legend, was discovered.
The Lovelock cave giants were also not a myth, turned out there were such things based on the arrows and red hair they found there.
Now another city in the Odyssey from being just in the fiction is discovered.

What makes those skeptical f4g-gots to think that Atlantis following the same logic may not have existed as well? How many more examples do you need to stay OPEN MINDED?

SCIENCE in its truth does not mean or should not mean you need to say 'we have no evidence it exists, therefore, it doesn't exist/therefore it is just fiction'. It should always say 'We have no evidence right now to know FOR A FACT that such a place has once existed but IT COULD have existed based on the examples above'

This is objective science, anything that you see differs from this way of thinking is scoffing, pseudoscience and should be punished severely!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here is a book on the one object found.

www.oxbowbooks.com...

And a couple pictures.

cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

kennethgarrett.photoshelter.com...

The Decree of Saïs

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

The Lovelock cave giants were also not a myth, turned out there were such things based on the arrows and red hair they found there.
Now another city in the Odyssey from being just in the fiction is discovered.

Cool stuff there, eh? I've read Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. It would be interesting to find out just how much of what he wrote was history, and how much was embellishment.

This is objective science, anything that you see differs from this way of thinking is scoffing, pseudoscience and should be punished severely!

Whoa. Easy there bro. Lets not call in the inquisitors just yet. LOL.

I don't think anyone is scoffing. Just speculating.

edit on 12/7/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

This looks absolutely fantastic! It's a shame I can't open the link.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Marsupilami

This looks absolutely fantastic! It's a shame I can't open the link.

Try this one...Linky
edit on 12/7/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Let's say catastrophe strikes and sinks New York today. In 2000 years, some archeologists find it on the ocean's bottom. How will that find "change history forever"? It will add to history, but change it? The use of superlatives is getting out of hand these days, just like the standing ovations, IMO.
-cwm

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Hawass's hemorrhoids are becoming inflamed.

Also was Paris a Trojan man?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The black stone tablet with the hieroglyphs is known as the Decree of Sais.

The stele of Thonis-Heracleion

Anne Sophie von Bomhard

The most emblematic monument brought up by the European Institute of Underwater
Archaeology, directed by Franck Goddio from the sea, is a magnificent stele of black
grano-diorite stone, found intact and in situ in 2001 in the area of the temple of
Heracleion. It is a royal decree of Nectanebo I. The text engraved on this monument signs
the discovery of the town of Heracleion and proves that Heracleion and Thonis are names
of the same township.

The decree enumerates the details of a donation to the temple of Saïs, from customs dues
collected at Thonis and trade taxes perceived at Naukratis. It provides topographic and
onomastic information, as well as the first attestation written in hieroglyphs of the
complete name of the town of Thonis.

The composition and the perfect execution of the monument show that it was
produced by one of the best workshops of the period. The richness and
sophistication of the language accompanied by numerous subtle theological allusions to
the mythological role and importance of the goddess Neith, lead to the suggestion that the
drafting of the text was carried out by one of the great scholars of the temple of Neith at
Saïs.

www.ieasm.org...#!
edit on 7-12-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

ImpactoR

About half of antiquarians of the time believed Troy was a real place. The fact is, the Troy of the Iliad has yet to be determined.

ImpactoRThe Lovelock cave giants were also not a myth, turned out there were such things based on the arrows and red hair they found there.

No giants, or giant arrows, were found there. Anyone's hair can turn red after death for a variety of reasons if left exposed. So, no, it doesn't "turn out" that way.

ImpactoRNow another city in the Odyssey from being just in the fiction is discovered.

Heracleion was known to have existed before it was recently located. It's not some "legend" that turned out to be true.

ImpactoRWhat makes those skeptical f4g-gots to think that Atlantis following the same logic may not have existed as well? How many more examples do you need to stay OPEN MINDED?

For one thing, Atlantis fought against, and lost to, Athens. Athens didn't exist in 10,000 BC.

Open-mindedness is a good thing, usually, but not as good as actually using the mind that you have.

Harte

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is a great find.

I just wonder what else they will find, This really seems like a in creditable find already.

I want to see what is written on the stone.

Plus they said Isis, it would be great if they found the Temple of Isis.

edit on 8-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join