It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

This was very interesting the actual find was in 2000 so its been 12 years. I think the most interesting is we discovered that Heraclion and Thonis were the same place. I myself was interested in the temple of Herakles. You guys probably know him as Hercules son of zues.Ive often wondered if he was a real person the myth grew around.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Is this a promotion for the 2014 Arabian Nights? The Genie Lamp makes me think it might be.

weekly.ahram.org.eg...

Movie poster.
img5.bdbphotos.com...

Genie lamp.
i.imgur.com...

Guess this will be the video game?
www.mobeon.com...

www.mobeon.com...
edit on 6-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

PLAYERONE01
lets see zahi hawass try to flick this one off and stick to the official story.

OK egyptologists dont really have a problem with this so what do you mean? this was a port mostly built to trade with greeks and asia in no way does it change beliefs on egyptian history. It just confirms greek history mostly.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

I can't believe this isn't Slayers thread. Now I want to say something
I've never ever said before in the history of ATS.

Holy crap this is a bitchen thread !

I have an alcohol buzz. Sorry
edit on 6-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

geo1066

I read your link. That is an awesome find. Something just didn't sit with me quite right though. You know that old saying "..if it looks to good to be true.."? Maybe my lack of knowledge, but I would think that all of those artifacts being underwater for 1500+ years would have some sort of 'Mother Nature' growing on them.

The bird's eye view of the statues and what appears to be a section of wall on the barge deck. I'm assuming the wall failed at some point, so how did they retrieve that large of a section without breaking the mortar joints? Very clean mortar joints I might add.

The gylphs on that wall underwater. It looks like a scholar had just chiseled them out yesterday.

Also, the gold pan, gold was worth as much then, as it is now. Were they in a hurry to leave and couldn't return?

Your link looks to be a good source for information but it all looks too staged to me.

One last thing while I'm being so critical, I could have very well missed it but "Where's the '..History Changing..' part that's mentioned in the topic's title?

This can often be the exact opposite, it depends on where it is, the water, type of bottom, mud, sand, salinity etc. If it is close to the river there may be more fresh water and silt which would help but stone does very well under water lol. As does hardened pottery, gold etc.

Thanks for pictures it hard to jump around on this tablet lol. This is awesome, you have to give it to them they built things for the ages but you can't beat mother nature, she rules. Lol

The Bot

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

paradisepurple
This BBC article from 2001 states ''the black granite slab is inscribed with an edict of Pharoh Nektanebos the First (378-362 BC) imposing a 10% levy on Greek gods in favour of a temple to the goddess Neith''.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There's a full length photo of the slab in the following article

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why are the media only widely reporting this find now, in the past few days? And what, if anything, has been found that will 'change history forever'? They've had some of these artifacts for the past 12 years.

Oh and the section of wall has not just been raised from the sea-bed, is actually on display somewhere, pic here from 2006

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 6-12-2013 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU!!
This is the first thing I thought. .
How have I not heard about this for 12 years? !
I am surprised someone did not bring this up earlier in the thread.

Either way the photos are mesmerizing and the implications of the discovery are compelling!
Great find!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Brotherman
Top wings are wings of Rah I think

the two figures depicted in the middle left appear to be one offering something to someone in a throne (a god, king?), I do not think that the slab here is in reference to the book of the dead though but thats based off me not seeing Annubus anywhere. Im no expert and there are other people more equipped to take a more in depth approach I am sure

Rah - you are correct.
My emphasis was the lyrics correlating
with the Egyptian "Book of Dead".

The hieroglyphs reminded me of the Black pyramid's capstone.
(..you could get lost staring into its eyes listening for it's silent secrets..)

If you really stare into the face - notice ALL the details!
it resembles a mask..

The wings as a headband -
The eyes - three oars for the nose -
The circle for the mouth -
The hieroglyphs to either side of the face;
Look at them as 'straps' for a three dimensional mask you wear -
..a ceremonial mask

Reminds one of the indigineous North American Indian peoples..
..or past the Mayans, pre Toltec .. dare I say a hint to a forgotten
ancient intelligent civilization we now conjure in the image
of a long ago now mysteriously vanished type civilization!

(Damn, stop lookin' in those eyes..
)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This is what I like coming to ATS to see, I haven't been around in 4 months, and actually seeing something not a "bs" conspiracy, it's nice to see ancient stuff! I wish we spent more money on archeology then wars. S+F

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I thought this looks cool

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

I said I wasnt an expert but as an artist I would have tried the same methods to convey the same ideas and your pictures are super rad

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Whenever I hear about something new found in Egypt, two words and only two words crowd into my mind, pushing all aside and excluding all. Those two words are:

ZAHI HAWASS!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
And I suppose we are expected to believe this was all hand carved by copper chisels? Look at the detail in this stuff, its obvious (at least to me) that something other than human hands constructed most of this stuff.
Just think for a minute and comprehend how difficult it would be to pull this kind of feat off back then. Look at the precision on the Wings of Ra for example, the "V" points on the wings would have split or cracked if this was attempted by a chisel. It had to have been done using a laser or piece of machinery to reach this kind of precision.
Blown away by this thread!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Nice post brother.

I always love this archaeology news

imho, they shouldn't take out those statues out of water, it would be better if they leave it down there.
maybe they can create underwater museum for us to see them below water (just like underwater world for seeing sea creatures)

peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

It says:
Here lies Les Moore
Took three shots from a forty four.
No less, no more.

Or
It was a cough that carried him off.
And a coffin they carried him off in .

This is what happens when you have to spend an hour on line outside the Haunted Mansion at Disney world. You memorize the gravestones.
edit on 7-12-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Klassified

Abu, NO!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

It's ok for stone. The problem is with wooden objects. They need to stabilize them and desalinate them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PredatorX

What tools did Michelangelo use again ?

www.google.com... 0CAkQ_AUoAA&biw=533.3333333333334&bih=800&dpr=1.5

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

whatnext21
I would love to see a map of where this was discovered. I think the question is, what cataclysmic event caused this to go to the bottom of the sea.

Wiki is your friend. The map is there.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I remember reading about this back in the summer. It was also in the The Telegraph and I watched a documentary on it.

It might even be on the site somewhere but the new search engine is obsolete, it has never worked properly for me and recently just goes to google ATS search not found.

It is an interesting discovery though and probably will bring new insight into various historical studies.

Here's the documentary I watched, can't remember the channel it was on.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
dp
edit on 7-12-2013 by Askal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join