It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This BBC article from 2001 states ''the black granite slab is inscribed with an edict of Pharoh Nektanebos the First (378-362 BC) imposing a 10% levy on Greek gods in favour of a temple to the goddess Neith''.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There's a full length photo of the slab in the following article

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why are the media only widely reporting this find now, in the past few days? And what, if anything, has been found that will 'change history forever'? They've had some of these artifacts for the past 12 years.

Oh and the section of wall has not just been raised from the sea-bed, is actually on display somewhere, pic here from 2006

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 6-12-2013 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Incredible!! Thanks for posting this.

This world truly is amazing... Truly beautiful images.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Just some more enlightenment on the geological side of the mystery. It is still being discussed and analysed. Here is an interesting article on Geotimes;

Geotimes

"The epicenter of the quake that caused the tsunami is still uncertain. Stanley, who will give a presentation at the AGU meeting, believes the earthquake formed on the opposite seashore, closer to Turkey or Crete, with the wave traveling 800 kilometers across the Mediterranean. He questions the idea that such an earthquake caused the subsidence of the ancient cities in the Bay of Aboukir".

It sounds similar to the east coast of Japan in some ways. There was a huge earthquake underwater very close to Crete. There are some first hand accounts by eyewitnesses of the 365 AD doom that happened on many shores of The Mediterranean. Fascinating reading.

Also in this article we discover that;

"Gold Islamic and Byzantine coins found in the bay point to the legendary cities surviving past the seventh and into the eighth century. Using the Egyptian and Arabic measurements of the height of the Nile River, Stanley zeroed in on A.D. 741-742 as a time of flooding when “something failed.” "

and;

"Although he has not dismissed an earthquake as the cause, he argues that the Canopic branch of the Nile River was switching back and forth during that time. Flooding in the delta could have just as easily caused the slumping failure of the land with the sediments becoming heavily water-laden and physically unstable, he says. “They really didn’t have much of a foundation. It was an accident waiting to happen.”"

artcicle by Christina Reed on Daniel Stanley's observations.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sat Dec 7 2013 by Jbird because: added ex tags x 3

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Coolest thing is this is a city it was thought to be a legend, so, it`s just a matter of time they find other legendary cities, like.....Atlantis for example

...And if it`s also under clay sediments can be well conserved as well

Don't want to kill excitement because I love history ...

But this is a city that is only mentioned in a few texts. Atlantis is a city whose main textual reference comes from someone that was prone to writing philosophical fiction. Would be neat if Atlantis was real, but the two things are a fair distance apart.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Perhaps Dan Aykroyd trickled the information about Alien Coneheads on SNL.

Dan Aykroyd said he developed the idea for the Coneheads based on the Moai, the mysterious and ancient stone statues of Easter Island, which have similarly conical heads, and the people of the land of Points from Harry Nilsson's The Point!. Dan Aykroyd also mentioned in an interview that he drew inspiration from the movie "This Island Earth" where the very tall foreheads of the aliens go largely unnoticed by humans. The conehead costume is highly reminiscent of the "clown blanc" costume used in French circuses for more than a century.

SNL Coneheads Wiki

I beg to differ about the skull binding method of elongating an infant's skull. Conehead skulls have been found all over the world which contain more bone material than a human skull.

Deformed Skull From Dark Ages Unearthed In France

Mass Alien Grave in Mexico ?

Elongated skulls discovered in Russia, Jan. 2009

Who Were The Coneheads

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

If you look at the prime source for the legend of Atlantis, Timaeus and Critias, two of Plato's dialogues, the only existing written records which specifically refer to Atlantis you will see that Atlantis never existed as a real location. The dialogues are conversations between Socrates, Hermocrates, Timeaus, and Critias.

Atlantis was never said to exist. It is a narrative device to teach a morality tale.

It is not a lost civilization, it never existed. There are many exciting and fascinating lost cities and civilization both known and others yet to be discovered, but Atlantis is not one of them. I am sure if you read the source materials with an open mind, you will understand the real purpose of placing the above narrative in a mythical location for Plato to better make his point. As with most things, context is critical in gaining a full understanding.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

WOW.. just WOW .. ! My head swimming and my heart is pounding with excitement .. !!

I'm still not seeing how this can change history forever since it was recorded back in BC times; just trying to put 2 & 2 together ..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Absolutely awesome! This makes you wonder all the more what else have we not discovered? I think we always make the mistake of assuming we know everything about everything then something like this pops up to whet your appetite and imagination for more.

There is no telling what else lies within our waters or under our soil just waiting to be discovered. I look forward to the day when we come upon something akin to a "Grey" civilization. Something completely NOT human, but intelligent.

One can always dream. Thanks for this OP. S&F It's like an Egyptian Atlantis!

ETA - Am I the only one who has watched too much TV and always wonders if we should be removing/moving things like this? In the movies the removal of these statues would be akin to opening a portal to hell.

Yes. My imagination is off the charts.
edit on 12/6/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

It's only 12,000 years ago that the North Sea didn't exist, that glaciers went all the way down to Central Europe. In the past 500 years alone, England has lost 3 miles of coastline. There are county maps from the 1600's that show roads and villages that no longer exist

Imagine all that's been happening all across the world for the past 12000 years. How many islands, beaches, villages and towns have just disappeared

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Leonidas
reply to post by Meldionne1

If you look at the prime source for the legend of Atlantis, Timaeus and Critias, two of Plato's dialogues, the only existing written records which specifically refer to Atlantis you will see that Atlantis never existed as a real location. The dialogues are conversations between Socrates, Hermocrates, Timeaus, and Critias.

Atlantis was never said to exist. It is a narrative device to teach a morality tale.

It is not a lost civilization, it never existed. There are many exciting and fascinating lost cities and civilization both known and others yet to be discovered, but Atlantis is not one of them. I am sure if you read the source materials with an open mind, you will understand the real purpose of placing the above narrative in a mythical location for Plato to better make his point. As with most things, context is critical in gaining a full understanding.

edit on 6-12-2013 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

Well said. I do not understand why we cannot be happy with all the true lost cities we ARE finding that DID exist. They are just as exciting. My reading has led me to the same conclusion as you; its source is in fiction and became a Chinese whisper thanks to some "imaginative" story tellers in the twentieth century.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

S&F! Holy smokes this just amazing! I would love to scuba dive just once and if I could it would be in a place like that! Could you imagine if those statues were made to size of the humans in that area and in that time! Man that would be cool to see some evidence get dug up on larger humans existing. Killer find!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Great stuff and thanks for the vid ..Like a previous poster mentioned it is a bit suspicious that some of the pieces do not have the crustaceans one would suspect giving the time they have been under water . Still a great find ..tks

edit to add A questioned that was asked was why did heraclian fall into the sea ...My guess is because Daniel had prophesied that a terrible beast would arise after the Greeks (Rome) so ...just saying
edit on 6-12-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

VoidWalker

S&F! Holy smokes this just amazing! I would love to scuba dive just once and if I could it would be in a place like that! Could you imagine if those statues were made to size of the humans in that area and in that time! Man that would be cool to see some evidence get dug up on larger humans existing. Killer find!

Just reminding people that this is not really ancient stuff we are talking about. The city was still standing in Christ's and The Romans time. It was built after King David is said to have been around, about 800 BC. It is the twilight of the ancient Egyptian civilization time period, a very new town. It is debated as to exactly when it was destroyed. One expert has identified coins from this submerged old city as being 7th or 8th century AD. London was a place when this city was destroyed. It is quite recent really.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

the2ofusr1

Great stuff and thanks for the vid ..Like a previous poster mentioned it is a bit suspicious that some of the pieces do not have the crustaceans one would suspect giving the time they have been under water . Still a great find ..tks

It is VERY REAL! It is being discussed by Professors from The Smithsonian Institute and has been analysed for about 13 years now. It's just something not a lot of us have heard of and we are enjoying viewing such great examples of Egyptian civilization and art in such great condition.
edit on 6-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Leonidas
If you look the only existing written records which specifically refer to Atlantis you will see that Atlantis dialogues are conversations between Socrates, Hermocrates, Timeaus, and Critias.

It is not a lost civilization, it never existed.
There are many exciting and fascinating lost cities and civilization both known and others yet to be discovered, but Atlantis is not one of them.
As with most things, context is critical in gaining a full understanding.

Agreed 100 per cent!

It is a misconstrued story, and the fabled 'Atlantis' name
is used to create a visual to a pre existing society.

Definitely there was a "prior-man" whom's intelligence was beyond ours!
This can not be disputed according to ancient monuments strewn across
our planet and quite possibly placed where they are for a 'dual' specific purpose.

The fable of Atlantis , I believe, incorporates truth and fabrication as in the areas
of an all powerful island that sunk, rather than a highly intelligent race of humans
and their entire planet suffered a catastrophe that could not be avoided.

They spent their remaining years leaving 'future mankind' a message instead of warring
for every last resource in hopes of waiting out the storm.
(..they TRULY were intelligent!)

Today, we are still trying to decipher the message!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Leonidas
If you look the only existing written records which specifically refer to Atlantis you will see that Atlantis dialogues are conversations between Socrates, Hermocrates, Timeaus, and Critias.

It is not a lost civilization, it never existed.
There are many exciting and fascinating lost cities and civilization both known and others yet to be discovered, but Atlantis is not one of them.
As with most things, context is critical in gaining a full understanding.

Agreed 100 per cent!

It is a misconstrued story, and the fabled 'Atlantis' name
is used to create a visual to a pre existing society.)

So what's your take Le-UNITE-us ..?
Your intelligence shows through -

Is your theory of our world somewhere in line with mine..?
edit on 6-12-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
lets see zahi hawass try to flick this one off and stick to the official story.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

That is just mind blowing! Thank you for the information!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Hey thanks for that info ...Can you imagine a # 8 earthquake wow ...I though I read in one of the previous links that there were eye witness accounts of the sea going dry and then the wave hit ...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

How in the world does this change "the official story"?! Geez, if you think everyone is lying and you can do better then just go to college and get your degree and get your behind out there in the field proving them wrong, already.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that the place is being raided as we speak, and all the important artifacts will disappear into the abyss. The unimportant artifacts will be showcased to support mainstream theories, and the important artifacts will be hidden from public view to hide the truth.
edit on 6-12-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join