It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police officer pulls pulls over 19yo, handcuffs and rapes her.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Texas Police Officer Accused of Raping Woman During Traffic Stop.

Neal, 40, followed the woman for blocks early Friday morning before he pulled her over, according to an arrest affidavit. He allegedly told the woman her car was reported stolen, persisting even after she showed him documentation.

Neal groped the woman during a pat down, even though she asked for a female officer, authorities said.

He then handcuffed the woman, directed her to the back of his squad car and raped her, authorities said.

Once again reaffirming what would seem to be the new normal for a police officer: a psychopath with a gun and a badge.

I cant help but think that if she had tried to defend herself, he would have charged her with resisting arrest or assaulting a police officer and beaten her to a pulp. Not saying a person shouldn't defend themselves but when the criminal is a cop, its a whole other world.

##SNIPPED##

“There is no such thing as consensual sex on duty,” McManus told the Express-News.

Consensual sex, wtf is he talking about? This was rape you freak.

Another woman claimed Neal attacked her a few years ago but later decided not to cooperate with investigators, McManus told the paper.

Right, it kinda works like this: "hey lady, if you testify against me, I'll kill you".

edit on 3-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

edit on Tue Dec 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Shall we post the whole no consensual sex quote?

“There is no such thing as consensual sex on duty,” McManus told the Express-News. “I feel silly even saying that we won't tolerate it. Of course we won't tolerate it. There is no gray area. This is a criminal offense.”

The chief told the paper Neal would have known the camera at the back of his car wasn't working.

edit
To expand

McManus said he makes a point of explaining policies to SAPD recruits on the first and last day of training, hammering home the importance of regulations including a ban on sex while on duty.

“There is no such thing a consensual sex on duty,” he said. “I feel silly even saying that we won't tolerate it. Of course we won't tolerate it. There is no gray area. This is a criminal offense.”

McManus said he wants anyone who may have experienced a similar situation to call SAPD and file a report.

www.mysanantonio.com...

edit on 3-12-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What are you talking about? This man is everything I've come to expect from a police officer.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There are roughly 800,000 law enforcement officers of one description or another within the United States. If it weren't just 'a few bad apples', the U.S. would be a place of fear to even go to the corner market, as some nations literally ARE for the possibility of encountering a corrupt cop.

There are some extremely trashy and trollish bloggers too...they actually hurt people at times with their viciousness and in one case, pushed a teenage girl to hanging herself (See case in Missouri of the mother who bullied a daughters friend online). Should that make me hate and consider all bloggers to be scum ..and those who aren't, equally scummy for tolerating those who are? Kinda silly when put that way....for how can I possibly be responsible or painted by the actions of a couple million other people who happen to do the same thing I do?

...Having said that, I do hope this particular cop gets his trial and his guilty verdict. Texas state prison is one of the worst places I can imagine on this planet for an ex-cop ...and a SEX offending Ex-cop to end up. He'll relive what he did to that woman a thousand times...if he survives it that long, IMO.
edit on 3-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Dec 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Taking a quote out of context (the chief, McManus acknowledged it's rape) to post

edit on 3-12-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Bedlam
What are you talking about? This man is everything I've come to expect from a police officer.

Pretty much.

You see some stranger you don't know wearing a uniform that represents higher rates of substance abuse, domestic violence, emotional disturbance and PTSD than the general population who is armed with a gun (all supported and proven with their own data and reports) and backed up by civil servant immunity and a bunch of team members in the same costume and the only reasonable conclusion anyone could ever come to is: "oh god, what is this nut up to now?"

They shouldnt be pulling us over. We should be pulling them over for mental health checks and to ask what they are doing out here and where they are going. They're the ones with a bakers dozen red flags flashing.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The accusations of sexual misconduct are the third against Neal, the police chief told the Express-News.

Yet he was still on the job? Such accusations should be taken more seriously, this is almost becoming an epidemic these days.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, this is clearly unacceptable behavior by a police officer, Wrabbit. I'm glad the girl was taken seriously and was able to successfully report the situation without prejudice. I hope the police officer faces the same criminal offences that others face, and isn't simply reprimanded or something like that.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Pistoche

The accusations of sexual misconduct are the third against Neal, the police chief told the Express-News.

Yet he was still on the job? Such accusations should be taken more seriously, this is almost becoming an epidemic these days.

Wait, what? So this is like his third rape strike? What kind of standards are those?
edit on 03amTue, 03 Dec 2013 08:13:42 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Should that make me hate and consider all bloggers to be scum ..and those who aren't, equally scummy for tolerating those who are? Kinda silly when put that way....for how can I possibly be responsible or painted by the actions of a couple million other people who happen to do the same thing I do?

I don't have the authority to ruin other people's lives en masse. I don't get do-overs because I'm a blogger and have qualified immunity. I don't have other bloggers who know I'm killing people, strongarming them, and abusing them, who think it's either amusing or an undocumented bennie and go along with it in court so often there are cute names for it. I don't have the ability to investigate myself and bang that big rubber stamp that says "Nothing was found" and then have the DA go along with it. I don't have the prosecuting authority that's my only real oversight in a conflict of interest where he/she will lose their jobs if my buddies don't cooperate with them. I don't have a huge bloggers union threatening the lawmakers to the point they actually GO ALONG with regulations that permit me to have a few beers for lunch then wreck someone else's life for doing the same thing.

You get an authority with so much power and so little effective oversight, it gets to be an issue. You want me to trust LEOs, you could put in some oversight with really scary teeth and abolish police unions. Then we'll talk. But I'm not talking a local civilian oversight board. Something more Federal with some serious incentivization to put cops in prison or on the street with a cardboard sign would be nice. At the very least, there should be a Federal-level licensure bureau staffed solely by non-LEOs who can dismiss LEOs permanently on the spot for cause. No more moving down the road to the next PD.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I agree on her being taken seriously. That is one area things are changing and I'm happy to see it. There was a time where her mere accusation would have been blown off and, if not dropped by choice, forced to go away in some places.

I also hope she gets her day on court and this runs the full distance. I think enough of the bad cops are being hit, just like this one, in high profile ways these days so the others know there is no 'assumed immunity' because they're a cop anymore. Those who happen to be criminals with badges know by now it's a question of time before they get nailed these days. When they do...I'd MUCH MUCH rather be the worst kind of criminal, going into prison ...than any kind of cop. The bad cops would do better to quit before they end there.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Most police officers are good people, they are selected to fight crime. They will use force to aprehend someone if necessary, that is good.

This kind of incident is rare, it is also probably real. A few cops do turn into psychopaths sometimes and also people who like to control others do go for these jobs. The police need to take care of this and examine some of the bad ones they have in their ranks that would do this sort of stuff. I still think it is necessary not to have wimps on the police force though. I do not want cops who will not shoot someone looking over our communities either.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
When they do...I'd MUCH MUCH rather be the worst kind of criminal, going into prison ...than any kind of cop. The bad cops would do better to quit before they end there.

It's rare that a LEO ends up in prison, but when they do, they are never put in with general population AFAIK. They're in their own little isolated areas with trustee positions.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Are you serious? The photo that you are looking at is his arrest photo. Meaning he was arrested. Meaning there is some cop out there that acted against one of "his or her own," as you put it.

In fact,

The woman reported the alleged attack to police later the same day, and Neal was arrested on Saturday, police said. He was released on $20,000 bail.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

The woman made the report that same day and the dirty cop was arrested that same week it sounds like.

So, if the "I dont know anything, I didnt see anything" posture is so rampant, as you claim, why was a police report even written. How can a police report be made if the officer didn't hear or see anything?

Why was the officer arrested and charged for this heinous crime if his coworkers refused to hear a complaint against their officer?

The truth is you are always going to be against the police whether they handle a situation appropriately or not.

What he is saying is that a police officer cannot have consensual sex while he is on duty so whatever sex he or she has while on duty is obviously misconduct.

Right, it kinda works like this: "hey lady, if you testify against me, I'll kill you".

It makes you wonder after the current accusations against the officer but you really have no idea what the facts are.

The statute of limitations in most states, for a crime such as rape, never expire. I wouldn't be surprised if his department or the state's attorney didn't have a conversation with the previous victim in an effort to get her to cooperate in his prosecution for that crime as well.
edit on Tue Dec 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As disgusting and infuriating as this is, there is something much worse going on behind the scenes. The psychopathic police force in this country, that lives by the rules of the good ol boy network, of keep your mouth shut, and don't rat out your fellow officer, is the symptom, not the disease.

These cops wouldn't be doing these things unless they knew there was some protection from the system in most cases. As well, it seems as though they intentionally hire psychopaths to be cops. Then they train them in such a way as to bring it out of them toward the public. I truly feel sorry for the good cops that are left. They're in a catch 22 situation.

I worked with a guy some years ago who had aspirations of being a state cop. I remember thinking there's no way they'll hire this guy. He's not right in the head. I told him so to his face, and added "whatever city you work in. I don't want to live there." Sure enough, they hired the guy. Unbelievable!

We have to get to the root of the problem. Treating only the symptoms allows the infection to continue festering.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

rickymouse
Most police officers are good people, they are selected to fight crime. They will use force to aprehend someone if necessary, that is good.

They're selected for high indexes on Narcissism and Anti-social behavior using pre-canned psych tests that look for this sort of thing. Supposedly it gets you a stern, no-nonsense cop.

Who also happens to be a steroid abusing, wife beating, dog shooting authority freak who can't abide being disagreed with and who thinks his whims should be law.

That's where they're selected at all, a lot of small town PDs and small county SO's don't do any selection past warm body nothing too bad on your background check big enough and in you go.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pistoche

If you would have read the article, and applied some common sense, you would have the answer for your question.

Another woman claimed Neal attacked her a few years ago but later decided not to cooperate with investigators, McManus told the paper.

Neal was suspended for three days in September for dating an 18-year-old member of the San Antonio Police Explorers, a program for young people interested in a career in law enforcement, the Express-News reported.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

It appears another woman made an accusation against him but, for whatever reason, decided not to cooperate when they tried to investigate.

The second complaint was him dating an 18 year old police explorer. While this may be departmental misconduct and, understandably, against departmental rules and regulations, there is no criminal conduct for one adult dating another 18 year old adult.

Hopefully they will go back and speak with the previous victim and get her to cooperate.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It may be rare that you're hearing about it. It's not rare that it's happening. 20 years ago, it was. It isn't now. Stories of cops on felony charges from job related action are becoming commonplace like never before.

Remember the homeless guy in Fullerton who was beaten to death on the ground? You may recall it by Anonymous having basically gone to war with the Fullerton P.D. over the case. Well, one of those 'cops', to use the term very loosely in that example, is going up on 2nd degree murder charges. When I open my legal tracking sites to see what's new in state and federal courts, it's 2-3 cases each time now relating to Police corruption...where once, it may (may) have been one on an average day for docket schedules.

Change is slow but change is happening on this...and the idea that it's rare for cops to get nailed is a fallacy the facts and legal filings across this nation simply do not hold up or support anymore. They haven't for awhile now.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Only ten percent of the cops do things like you mentioned around here. The vast majority of them are good people but they do tend to have controlling personalities. A cop should be authorative, that is not the problem. It is that they should be educated to understand that they serve the honest and moral people in the public. Another words they should be arresting the ones running this country.
I guess that includes the lawyers too.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I knew a guy dressed as Santa that committed Sodomy.

Should we cancel Christmas?

Besides, Santa's lawyer was so good...

He got the charges lowered to "Following Too Closely".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join