It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police officer pulls pulls over 19yo, handcuffs and rapes her.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

i am curious why people stress on when officers do bad things, but you rarely hear of them doing good things.

there are a select few people who are bad in every single occupation.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

rickm
reply to post by rickymouse

i am curious why people stress on when officers do bad things, but you rarely hear of them doing good things.

there are a select few people who are bad in every single occupation.

Because those who are in a position of "authority" should be held to a higher standard, and their misdeeds exposed. Nevertheless, I must agree that those public servants who do their duty, and indeed, go beyond it, should receive recognition for doing so. They are humans. Sometimes we forget that.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Bedlam
What are you talking about? This man is everything I've come to expect from a police officer.

The terms police/cop --- OIL

and HONOR, INTEGRITY, PATRIOTISM --- WATER

DON"T MIX..

The Checkpoints, revenue generation, arrests for having a PLANT (proven medicinal and available in STORES elsewhere), FOR PROFIT prison industry, CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE..

Did I say CHECKPOINTS yet?

The reason there are so many "BAD APPLES" with redcoats (I mean Badges) is the CHARACTER of person.

NOONE with even a SHRED of HONOR< INTEGRITY< PATRIOTISM would EVEN CONSIDER being a REDCOAT.

every single badge in America is someone who will "do a little dirt".. in order to fulfill the dream of being a cop, or the pay/pension and bennies alone is all it takes.

Point being, if there were all these "good cops" being maligned by the "few bad ones".. then the WHOLE PLETHORA of TYRANNY would NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPENING.

Why can't a group of civilians be granted to give the "few bad cops" the RODNEY KING?

I can't wait until SHTF.. my last 10 years of weight lifting and cardio is for that day.. Not to fight a foreign army.

TO GO AFTER THE CULPRITS OF TYRANNY..

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This cop is clearly scum, but some of you act like all cops are. Some of you seem to forget the majority of these cops are the ones who put their lives on the line for us daily. They are the ones who step up during shootings, hostage situations, car accidents, murders, and they never know day to day in larger cities what the hell they are going to come up against. How would you like to be a cop in LA, Chicago, or Detroit?

This guy is a sicko, and yeah he deserves whatever he gets, but I also know that this is just one bad cop out of many bad cops. That will NOT take everything away from all of the good MOST of the other cops do. I wish there was a way to weed out the bad Cops. I am not aware of how the screening process works, but maybe it needs to be revised. Also maybe there needs to be more mandatory, regular psych visits. I don't know just a thought. This kind of stuff makes me sick.

(post by HanzHenry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

kurthall

How would you like to be a cop in LA, Chicago, or Detroit?

Oh, I think it could be quite profitable and entertaining if you were the 'right sort' of cop. The Rampart Street Division comes to mind.

I wish there was a way to weed out the bad Cops.

That would be the ticket, but you've got two conflicts of interest. They investigate themselves, and their oversight authority is dependent on them for doing their job and being re-elected. So they're all in bed together. A truly independent oversight authority that was NOT dependent on them at all, that doesn't kowtow to police unions or 'their old brothers in blue' would set a lot of this straight. Won't happen, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

I have to disagree.

If you've ever dealt with cops, known them or spent time with them, they almost always, without exception, cover for each other's crimes, big and small.

But IMHO whats more disturbing, is while their actions are no less criminal than a street gang or mafia, they are rarely prosecuted. If and when they are prosecuted, the punishment, if any, is a fraction of what a typical criminal would receive.

Its like a criminal organization or mafia which is above the law.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

agreed they need to be held to a higher standard. but i feel it should also be not just officers...but all in the spotlight. including entertainers, politicians, athletes etc.

but sadly that is rarely the case

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I have a similar story here. I used to work with a guy who was a volunteer with several police depts in rural Ohio. ALL of us who worked in the office with him said that it would not be two weeks after he got a regular patrol position with one of the police depts. before he shot a black man.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I tried to become a police officer once. I was denied because of my high IQ. I was told I would get bored with the menial job. I'm Serious. There is an IQ limit of 125 when applying to be a police officer in the united states.

abcnews.go.com...
reason.com...
www.topix.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If you've ever dealt with cops, known them or spent time with them, they almost always, without exception, cover for each other's crimes, big and small.

Actually, I have spent a great deal of time around them. I've been related to them and lived right in the middle of the police culture as a cop's kid. I'm now just out with the local cops with public training opportunities for medical or other things which come up and I have the ability to take advantage of.

I'd note though....Even Rodney King's case had CHP officers testifying AGAINST LAPD Officers and that wasn't a one-off, oddball example. I'm as tired of the bad cops as anyone, as I noted with some force in a rant I wrote awhile back.

The "every cop is equally bad" nonsense has limits though and sometimes..the anti-cop hatred (it really IS hatred..I can't see another way to term it) is absurd, bordering on illness in my view. Knowing cops, today, in real life and in daily interaction? I simply find no basis in my life's experience for half the garbage spouted about the people serving us in Uniform.

I wonder how many saying it actually DO know police officers outside negative contact and the "business end" of the job?

Do criminals get in and become cops? Yup.. it happens. Do cops start well and go bad? Yup... That happens too....and the courts are full of the cases of those criminals being busted back out, into the real world of correctional institutions they should have been in, in the first place.

*It sounds so much more fun to suggest they just remain on the job, protected through retirement, running rogue and abusing citizens for amusement. Too bad reality doesn't support even a slight version of that.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I wonder how many saying it actually DO know police officers outside negative contact and the "business end" of the job?

Between friends, family and work I personally know, work and recreate with eleven cops town and state.

Of that eleven there are two I would trust to watch my dog while I was away.

The others are psychopaths who just havent gotten caught doing anything above a set level of "bad" yet.

When I lived in CT I worked with and took classes with a few dozen cops state and town. There wasnt one I would trust to watch my dog.

It's better in a more rural state but not by much.

I've watched more than one go through academy. The change was apparent. They went from nervous to proud to angry to deranged in that order without fail as if by design.

They're sick #ers by the numbers and hoping the one in front of you is one of the "good" ones is too unlikely to make it an option.
edit on 3-12-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

There are roughly 800,000 law enforcement officers of one description or another within the United States. If it weren't just 'a few bad apples', the U.S. would be a place of fear to even go to the corner market, as some nations literally ARE for the possibility of encountering a corrupt cop.

Wrabbit sadly this is where you are wrong.

There are several parts of this nation where certain socio-economic groups have that fear you mention.

US prison statistics compared with the rest of the developed world would argue differently, as would the racial make up of prison inmates would also prove that certain socio-economic groups should fear the police.
edit on Tue Dec 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed BBcode

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickm

Oh yeah few bad apples no big deal,

Except the police should be held to a much higher standard than say pizza driver.

The responsibility placed and given to cops demands a level of scrutiny that far out weights any other job.

A few bad apples should be made example of so that all cops everywhere know abuses like this will be met with the strictest punishments.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Between friends, family and work I personally know, work and recreate with eleven cops town and state.

Of that eleven there are two I would trust to watch my dog while I was away.

The others are psychopaths who just havent gotten caught doing anything above a set level of "bad" yet.

I'm having a problem understanding this. You say you know, directly know, 9 bad cops?

Surely you are making direct efforts in your life to see something done about removing those bad cops from the positions they are currently in? If not, why not?

I absolutely couldn't and wouldn't stand for knowing ..not suspecting, but knowing..a cop was bad, out there dealing with citizens every day, and not spend a % of my ongoing time seeing they were put out of the Police Department by whatever means necessary (within the law).

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They need to have mandatory testing for testosterone and steroids abuse. I bet you would be surprised how many of them are juiced.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I'd go for 100%, across the board substance testing for all controlled items to ALL law enforcement. From patrol cop to dispatcher in the computer center. Every single one of them should be under mandatory random testing regimes.

If athletes must be screened....and even high schoolers these days get screened..why aren't people entrusted with the authority to take life based entirely on their own judgement...also screened as a routine matter?

I have a feeling you're right about steroid abuse. Especially among some of the big city cultures and their elite units. Just my hunch with nothing more solid to go on....

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I'm a disabled/retired police officer and I loved my job. I treated people the way that I would want to be treated. With that being said, if someone stepped across the line then I stepped with them and did my job.

As to your bodybuilding/cardio and shtf scenario, I suppose I am one of those redcoats that you would want to meet out a little justice on. The only thing I can say is you better bring more than your cardio and bodybuilding or you won't get very far.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I used to make those efforts. I's ask others about the ones I felt were bad and I'd get railroaded.

I went so far as to make a report of two of them and the things I saw they do. THAT proved to be a bad idea. My life was made a living hell for months by their buddies. I was getting woken up by them banging on the door at 2AM just to ask ridiculous and absurd things. Getting stopped on my way to work just to make me late. Having them park across the street and just sit for hours.

Contributed to my reasons for leaving that state.

Confronting the PD is about as effective as walking onto the floor of the Senate and saying "no" to any one of the liberty assaulting bills they are discussing or have already passed.

David and Goliath. It takes many men many years and many hours of consistent media coverage to even make a dent in Goliath.

And if by some grand miracle David strikes a blow the PD's and officers in questions just go on doing what they've always done as if nothing ever happened. Cases in point: LAPD, Hartford PD, New London PD, "stop and frisk", New Britain PD, etc...

They get caught, feds dismantle them, they rebuild and start up right where they left off.

Nothing short of a nuclear holocaust will change anything. This behavior is engrained in the culture.

Right now in the next town over we have a new chief who has ramped up acquisition of war vehicles and weapons, made a declaration of hostilities toward the town council, hired all his buddies, kicked all the old-timers down to desk and paperwork and is very literally running the department like a FOB in a war zone.

This in a town of 6,000 people in rural NH.

Nobody in any significant numbers gives a # so I do what I can, get myself made a target, then suffer for a period of time until I move on.

I've lost. You've lost. The "good" cops have lost. This is spreading like wildfire and I'm happy for you if Any Griffith is still your sheriff but he wont be for much longer.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

No ones denying good cops aren't out there.

It's just hard to see them behind the glaring examples of the bad.

Too many time has the public seen the "blue wall" defend bad actions.

As long as "good" cops protect the bad ones it's very hard to give them any credit on these issues.

Also there are areas where entire dept have fallen to corruption, rampart division and crash unit in LA as excellent examples.

Just because in your experience corruption was not typical does not mean it's not out there.

This is one example where the reverse of saying "but there's good cops" doesn't matter, the police have such a post of respect and authority that Zero tolerance is needed for corruption.

Not excuses and cover ups, which has been the history with many cases of police corruption.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join