It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police officer pulls pulls over 19yo, handcuffs and rapes her.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
To me it seems like this is a case of a rapist that was also a cop committing rape vs some new found implication that cops are rapists. Chances are this guy raped women before he was ever a cop.

I haven't read through the thread yet but I am sure their is the normal "a few cops are bad so all cops are bad" BS you see here. Followed up with the same Internet tough guy speak about " pigs this and pigs that" Those people seem to ignore that you have a % of horrible people in any profession. I'm in the IT field and I know someone that was arrested for stealing a few thousand dollars worth of UC gear, clearly that means all UC engineers are bad. I just was told of a story about a guy at UPS that was stealing iPhones before they were getting packed on the trucks for delivery, obviously all UPS packers are thief's. The shortcoming in all these cases isn't the job as much as it is the person. If it was any other profession that generalization would get laughed at but it doesn't with law enforcement so whatever.

Is it worse when a person of power commits a crime, 100% absolutely yes because not only are they breaking the law but they are abusing the power they are given. If a cop or judge breaks the law should they be held to a higher level of accountability, without question. That doesn't mean that all people in positions of power do the same though.

edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3103ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

darkbake

Pistoche

The accusations of sexual misconduct are the third against Neal, the police chief told the Express-News.

Yet he was still on the job? Such accusations should be taken more seriously, this is almost becoming an epidemic these days.

Wait, what? So this is like his third rape strike? What kind of standards are those?
edit on 03amTue, 03 Dec 2013 08:13:42 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

As a citizen of the city in which this transpired, I can tell you with all seriousness that I am not one bit shocked that he has a history of sexual misconduct. The city government here is so corrupt that it's sickening. The tax payers of this city are largely oblivious...I should ask them where they get those bitchin' rose colored glasses from. I think he will get far more than a slap on the wrist since this whole thing has been so widely publicized. But if it hadn't been? He'd probably already be back out on the streets. Not kidding.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It is my OPINION that this is indicative of a management problem. I was reading some of the comments and read that this was his 3rd sexual misconduct "complaint". Is that true?!?!? My god.

When you encounter a crappy/corrupt/sick motherF employee in any field that has been working at that position for an extended amount of time it is a management problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If that is what a cop does to get his nuts off, what do they do to secure their financial future?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Being a cop is ridiculously difficult. It is inevitable for any city worker etc. to unite with his coworkers in a hatred for the stupidity of human beings and to maintain a meritorious resentment for having to micromanage the trash or privileged in our society. Duly noted. But the mentality, the way they protect their own like mafia, despite the wrongdoing or circumstance, demonstrates an inherent corruptness at the management level. Mayors are cowards when it comes to the police. It is the old song of elected officials(citizens) vs the permanent bureaucracy. The only reason this guy went down as quick as he did has to do with BRAVERY of the victim. CAN WE PLEASE RECOGNIZE IN THIS POST THAT THE VICTIM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE JUSTICE NOT THE POLICE.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Thanks for a reply from a local. What do you think about my argument that this isn't a bad seed problem, but a management problem?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by damwel

I'd go for 100%, across the board substance testing for all controlled items to ALL law enforcement. From patrol cop to dispatcher in the computer center. Every single one of them should be under mandatory random testing regimes.

If athletes must be screened....and even high schoolers these days get screened..why aren't people entrusted with the authority to take life based entirely on their own judgement...also screened as a routine matter?

I have a feeling you're right about steroid abuse. Especially among some of the big city cultures and their elite units. Just my hunch with nothing more solid to go on....

edit on 12-12-2013 by Twisteron because: can't post

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join