It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Britain USA: America's Love for Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Klassified

I am from Canada..the safest countries to live in. I do not live in fear..I do not feel the need to be armed to the teeth.

Gun violence here is considered rare, yet it happens..Guns from America leak into our country and allow idiot criminals to have them. Yet I do not live in fear and can walk safely at night..hell I even sometimes forget to lock my door at night. Still here...and me without my guns...how ever will I survive..

Interestingly enough; after 33+ years in the United States I have not either; what the heck if your point?!

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RamblinCheese666

the majority of Americans are trigger happy.

Sad millions of innocent people are killed by guns in this country.

Talk about a wild generalization, this one needs an award or something.

"Millions" ???? That needs the Whopper of the month award!

(post by RamblinCheese666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by RamblinCheese666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Edit: Exiting this troll thread.
edit on 1-12-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My point is...when gun owners talk about reasons to own a gun..they say the same thing..if I don't one..then only criminals will have one. Meaning..the reason they have guns is for fear. Take the guns..and they make it sound like all hell will break loose with criminals running the country...

While here..I live peacefully and safely..all that and then some and I have never owned a gun.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

beezzer
Everyone is focused on the gun and not the reason for the 2nd Amendment.

*shakes head*

You already know why that is Beez. They don't want to address it.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

I'm not going to get involved in a debate over gun control / Second Amendment etc - I've flogged that horse to death.
Suffice to say it's your country do as you see fit - same as we will do as we see fit here in the UK.
Two different country's, apples and oranges.

But......

....It's like people are okay with our constitutional rights being mocked if there's humor involved.

Correct - it is ok to take the piss out of the almost godlike reverence in which many Americans hold their Constitution.
Yes, it's quite a good piece of work - but it's not perfect not by a long shot - as is evidenced by the number of Amendments that have been made to it.

Are you honestly saying no-one has the right to make fun of American society?

Do people actually believe that politicians today are smarter than the founding fathers of America who wrote the Declaration of Independence and Constitution,

The Founding Fathers were most definitely not perfect - sure the vast majority were good and possibly even visionary men etc but not without fault and are as legitimate a target for humour as anyone else.

....making America the place it is today,...

And I'm certainly not going down that road.
Suffice to say that there is much to admire and respect about the USA and it's people - and there's much not to admire and respect too.
Same as anywhere I guess.

or are they just that brainwashed? Tired of this bull#.

Seriously, you can't see the irony in this?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nice try RamblinCheese666...five gold stars for you...

So yeah I live in my own country without fear. I can get a gun..but why?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My point is...when gun owners talk about reasons to own a gun..they say the same thing..if I don't one..then only criminals will have one. Meaning..the reason they have guns is for fear. Take the guns..and they make it sound like all hell will break loose with criminals running the country...

While here..I live peacefully and safely..all that and then some and I have never owned a gun.

Neither have I. I have learned to fire a firearm, how to handle it and how to respect it, but at the current moment I do not believe I need one as of yet. I have and continue to live peacefully just as you; in these wretched and waste-water United States; oh my!

It is in my estimation that you are only receiving a sliver of information in regards to why people feel they need to own a firearm...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Let us get something straight. I don;t want a ban on guns..It is too late for that. It is actually too late for anything to be done.

I just find it funny that America is so dependent on guns. You are unsafe in your own country because of this love of guns..yet you can't seem to see it...that is what is funny.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Nice try RamblinCheese666...five gold stars for you...

So yeah I live in my own country without fear. I can get a gun..but why?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My question for some gun owners is...Why are the blood thirsty ones the ones with the loudest voices?

The ones who claim they would kill for pretty much anything. \I thought a gun was only to be used if life was threatened? Not if someone walks on your property, yells at you, takes your TV..etc. Those are the ones who makes gun owners look bad.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Well I don't know, I guess the same reason why everyone thinks that every lesbian wears flannel, weighs 200 lbs and has a mullet.

The loudest and most extreme examples of communities are what people form stereotypes from.

The reality is that you will never know who most gun owners are. That is until you try robbing, raping, or breaking into their house.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Well I don't know, I guess the same reason why everyone thinks that every lesbian wears flannel, weighs 200 lbs and has a mullet.

The loudest and most extreme examples of communities are what people form stereotypes from.

The reality is that you will never know who most gun owners are. That is until you try robbing, raping, or breaking into their house.

And they don't make good news stories...its all about pushing a story for profit, not to inform. Well said Orphan.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

See I am not stereo typing anyone. This is for those Gun owners. The ones who replied with hate and name calling..

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
[reply to post by ownbestenemy

That's not true. I've owned guns my whole life and never said such a thing. But as far as criminals are concerned it is a valid reason. Self defense is a natural right and there's been times I'm glad I had a weapon.

Living peacefully and safely is a worthy goal. Unfortunately that is not the world we always live in.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
TRUTH....criminals will ALWAYS have their guns. Banning guns or confiscation of guns will only take guns out of the hands of someone who might one day save your life or your daughters life when a criminal tries to harm her .
The government doesn't want our guns to protect us from each other , they want them to protect themselves from us when they make the final run on our freedom and we don't accept it . That is the only reason they want to take them .our forefathers were smarter than given credit for.
We fought a war to be free from this EXACT type of government,and they wrote the constitution while it was still fresh in everyone's mind so that we not forget .
BIG GOVERNMENT =BIG TROUBLE

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well you didn't reply to anyone in particular so the question is open.

Also you made statements that Americans are less safe because civilians have guns. In studies I have seen, where there are more lax gun control laws crime rates decrease. If you are going to make statements like the blanket one regarding Americans being less safe because of gun ownership you should probably include the studies where you obtained that information.

Also as you can see in many areas of America as police rights trump human rights, holding more firearms, in comparison to the civilian populations the prevalence of police murders continues to rise.

Either way, you were stereotyping gun owners. Gun owners in America come in all shapes, sizes, colors, sexual identities, and ages.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know something, this thread just re-affirms what I and one or two others have long believed to be true; most people have a complete inability to laugh at themselves.

British people are renowned for their self-deprecating sense of humour, everything and everyone is viewed as a legitimate target to take the piss out of with particular fondness for taking the mickey out of ourselves, our country and our society.
It's my experience only the Aussies seem to have something similar.

The video linked to in the OP is simply meant to be funny.
I know humour is very much a personal thing but regardless of viewpoint on gun control in America etc that is the only way the video should be viewed.
It's not meant to be a damning indictment of US gun culture - it's simply meant to be funny, that's it.

Stop being so serious.
edit on 1/12/13 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join