It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Britain USA: America's Love for Guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Personally I think our food put him off

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For some reason this little dit cam to mind.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

Onslaught2996
Funny ..this is how people from other countries view the weak American male and their guns...

Women we can understand..but males..it is either penis size, sexual arousal or weakness...chooose..

I always wondered this line of reasoning. When I was trained to handle a firearm, it was instilled into me to respect it and hold a certain amount of fear for it; not fear in scared, but fear in the fact that it can do harm.

Interestingly enough, with your analogy, I cannot say the same for my own parts; as when I handle myself, I do not fear it nor do I hold a reverence of respect for it.

This. I think that the true weak and cowardly person is one who gets all frightened and weak-kneed over an inanimate object.

As for the penis thing--the only genitalia obsessives seem to be the anti-gunners. Law abiding gun owners think of them as tools--nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Klassified

I am from Canada..the safest countries to live in. I do not live in fear..I do not feel the need to be armed to the teeth.

Gun violence here is considered rare, yet it happens..Guns from America leak into our country and allow idiot criminals to have them. Yet I do not live in fear and can walk safely at night..hell I even sometimes forget to lock my door at night. Still here...and me without my guns...how ever will I survive..

LOL. You do realize that Canada has guns--a lot of guns-- with per capita gun ownership on par with the US, especially in rural regions, and that Canada had to dispense with the register because Canadians refused to register their guns. I actually own some very nice Canadian made handguns.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My point is...when gun owners talk about reasons to own a gun..they say the same thing..if I don't one..then only criminals will have one. Meaning..the reason they have guns is for fear. Take the guns..and they make it sound like all hell will break loose with criminals running the country...

While here..I live peacefully and safely..all that and then some and I have never owned a gun.

"Men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf."

What do you think the CMP use to keep those criminals away from you? Harsh language?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Well I don't know, I guess the same reason why everyone thinks that every lesbian wears flannel, weighs 200 lbs and has a mullet.

The loudest and most extreme examples of communities are what people form stereotypes from.

The reality is that you will never know who most gun owners are. That is until you try robbing, raping, or breaking into their house.

Very well said!!! I like the cut of your jib!

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Cabin

To be honest, round here, I am yet to meet somebody, who does not mock americans for their general gun fetish. When US topic comes up, usually that is one of such topics.

There are several reasons for it.

Firstly, majority of people have never heard of the 2nd amendment in the consitution. Do you (American) know that German constitution has employee rights in an amendment? Probably not. Why should you, and why should they.

I understand things have already gone too far in US, the black market is flooded with unregistered guns and it is not that hard to get one, if someone wants. Here that is very different. Saying criminals do not follow law and have guns is invalid argument, as illegally getting a firearm is complicated and costs a lot. Criminals generally (99%) do not have guns (The 1% are the top ones, mafia-related) , so no need to worry about something like that. From the beginning, the regulations were strong. Anybody can get who wants, but strong background checks, especially mental health and trainings is required. Majority of people never see a point in getting one, as it does not serve any purpose.

Whether Americans want to admit or not, the gun violence generally is out of hand there compared to rest of the advanced. On average US has around 4 times higher gun homicide rate. If only unintentional murders were counted, still US would be the leader among advanced nations, in other words, more people get accidentally shot to death in US than total people murdered with a firearm in majority of other nations. 3.6 murders per 100k might not seem high, but in this area its 0.1-0.4 usually, so 9-36 times less, quite a significant difference.

Says the guy who lives on an island country about the country with 2 land borders larger than the circumference of his own country.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

i'm just glad it's just as fast as buying a chainsaw
never know when you need to use a gun against an ed gein type

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You seem to have one of the loudest voices here. Easy when you sit in your little world isolated. Let's here more of your anti-gun (we all know you really just hate America and will squak about anything) rhetoric. Maybe you will persuade someone.

Go back to your igloo and chew some blubber

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

LOL. You do realize that Canada has guns--a lot of guns-- with per capita gun ownership on par with the US, especially in rural regions, and that Canada had to dispense with the register because Canadians refused to register their guns. I actually own some very nice Canadian made handguns.

Plus, our neighbors up north have a lot better prices on some of their stuff. Don't they still import tons of SKS's and they're only $200 or less, while we down here have them jacked up to nearly $300 average (bottom rung-Chinese models) in todays market?

Oh, and about those SVT-40's yall have up there by the motherload.....if we magically find one down here, they're atleast $1,000 or more.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Says the guy who lives on an island country about the country with 2 land borders larger than the circumference of his own country.

A small country, yes, an island country, no. Although the land border part is something I would argue, as this country is a member of EU. EU nations can travel within EU just like people can travel in US from state to state. The borders are open and there is no border control. I do not know who directly is responsible in US for border control (whether states having the borders or the federal institution), in EU every country is separately in charge of the border control with non-EU nations they are bordering, although they have to follow EU standards. The end result is the same, when borders leak in to any country having a border with non-EU nation, the illegal stuff starts flowing in to everywhere. When drugs leak in on Mexico-Texas border, these can reach Vermont or any other state as there is no border control within states. When drugs leak in Polish-Russian border, these can reach Spain or any other member country as there is no border control within EU nations.

When that is considered European Union total land border is longer than US one.

European Union land border with non-EU nations - 13180 km
US total land border - 12034 km

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The sad truth is that i have came across members on this site who don't see the second amendment as a fundamental right that should be protected and preserved as a part of American culture that it has become or for its necessity but rather as a constitutionally insured penis enlargement. I am talking about the guys who really get off on guns, like some kind of twisted sexual perversion, they debate guns from a very personal perspective, turn them into a macho symbol and make the debate funny but also a little uncomfortable.

This video is funny, I had a laugh at it,

but at the same time i know it does not represent most Americans, most own a gun to say keep in the house encase of a intruder or on their person for personal protection and that is fine.

There are some however for whom its much more than that, and it does come across as some kind of odd sexual macho symbol. You know the type, its like erotic hero worship of the gun.

Same kind of thing as guys who drive around in huge big V12's even though they have no need for such a car.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The same crap can be said about geeks and their computers, or "insert person" and their "insert any enthusiasm here". Car lovers and their muscle cars. Offroad lovers and their trucks. If you don't have some kind of enthusiastic hobby of some kind, you are probably boring lol. Some people it's guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join