It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Britain USA: America's Love for Guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

"I'm not going to get involved in a debate over gun control / Second Amendment etc - I've flogged that horse to death.
Suffice to say it's your country do as you see fit - same as we will do as we see fit here in the UK.
Two different country's, apples and oranges.

But......"

Spoken like a true brainwashed citizen. You personally have never had any say in anything the UK does, you may get a vote in this or that every now and then but that's purely to make you think you have some power, you don't, you have owners.
Britain I think has always been a testing ground for how much governments can get away with. Guns were only taken away on mass after the First World War because the government didn't want a revolution happening like in Russia. Big Brother has always been in charge there and you lap it up.

edit on 1-12-2013 by KBadger because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2013 by KBadger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

Yeah you guys are so free of big brother and government...thanks to guns...oh wait..

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

We can get guns....Just not handguns which the public pressured to ban after Dunblaine.
I have a gunsmith down the road, it is just we have a different culture than you in the states.
Oh and freedom? give me a break If you think any of us are really free (including you lot in the states) you need your head testing.
Oh and I agree with Freeborn take the vid for what it is and have a laugh about yourselves and stop being so serious.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Not at all, Big Brother is in charge here too, that's why they're going after the guns. And I'm originally from the UK, I now live in America and yes I own guns

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You really can't get guns unless you go through all the ridiculous paper work, red tape and years wait. All put in place to deter you and make it practically impossible.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

You speak about being 'brainwashed' whilst making massive assumptions about me and repeating stereotyped bollocks.
People in glass houses and all that.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The most dangerous,
value appreciated
weapon of USA
is the lever
action

For the
avid gun owning American, The anti
automatic rifle laws have a very
significant cut off date.

One that leaves the Winchester
lever action repeating riffle as the
single best remaining non-banned
high rate of fire military weapon
available in the US.

Winchester 1873 in .38

$2,199.99

And it's a very decent resell investment.

Which one of the current monstrosities of
so-called gun laws, are negatively affecting
this nations economy, or potentially have
the forecasted chance to detrimentally hit
the economy, inhibiting production, and
casting aspersion upon the culture instead
of educating the public.

If the pundits want to keep playing
this game, raise the stakes on them.
They lost the last round, and have
yet to admit it. Pushing forward
from a failed position should cost
more.

Perhaps we could defund the dept
of homeland defense and just put
Bazookas on the market. A surface
to air missile in the possession of
the NYFD would have changed the
course of history.

Or the TSA can just admit that
they are here to grab my junk and
not for anyone's safety at all.

See, I think the big misunderstanding is that
the spate of arms sales in this country
have been more of a financial counter
move to the markets, than an open
rebellion type move.

In 2008 people who though about
going off-the-grid and purchased a
firearm, found in 2010 it had
appreciated better than anything
else except gold.

From 2010 to 2012 it moved to
lead. Bullets, became a secondary
market almost like the old silver
economy that used to exist below
and separate from the markets.

It's not personal,
it's just business.

And speaking of business...

Who has the moral authority to issue a credit rating,
in this country.

Is it the Banks?
The banks that went default.
The banks that had to steal trillions from the public to pay their bills.
are THEY the ones' who have the moral authority to issue credit ratings.

Or is it the omg-they-have-too-many-guns conspiracy thinkers.

Who has the moral authority ... in this Country?

Is it the nexus of insurance companies and Government who have destroyed our doctors,
over the past forty years,
so that now they can sell us a universal medical solution,
all in the shadow of pillaging our pensions,
and veteran benefits.

Is it the credit card companies and their so-called credit ratings?
Who received trillions in bail out money,
because they over gambled with their financial investments.

Or is it the person vilified on TV every day.
The lone ex-military male.
The one with weapon training,
a bad credit rating,
no family doctor.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 1-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

Wrong....A police check, a check so you have storage for the weapon,someone to back you up.
I have started clay pigeon shooting and my gunsmith told me I could get a gun licence in a month with all the checks passed.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Guns from America leak into our country and allow idiot criminals to have them

Idiot criminal's will always have guns. But if not guns maybe knives or cars. Anything that can be held or handled can and is a wepon of some sort. Saying take the right to own a gun away to stop crime or murder. Is a kin to giving a patient a flu shot for ebola.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well go through the process and let know how that works out.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KBadger

I will after Chrimbo, I went this morning and out of 50 shells I missed 4

Deadeye dick Iam

I have my eye on an old Russian 12 bore which Iam told you can dig a ditch with and still shoot straight.
edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Another ignorant canadian..... Guns leaking in from the US? You do realize guns are nowhere near outlawed up here right? There is an arsenal in my house, if you put all the guns in my town together, we could easily arm a small army lol. Even the scary "assault rifles", yep we have them.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Just wait till the graboids come for you.
we'll see who laughs last

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh man I will have to find and watch that movie

Was that Bacon BTW?

Found it
how did I miss this movie?
edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

To be honest, round here, I am yet to meet somebody, who does not mock americans for their general gun fetish. When US topic comes up, usually that is one of such topics.

There are several reasons for it.

Firstly, majority of people have never heard of the 2nd amendment in the consitution. Do you (American) know that German constitution has employee rights in an amendment? Probably not. Why should you, and why should they.

I understand things have already gone too far in US, the black market is flooded with unregistered guns and it is not that hard to get one, if someone wants. Here that is very different. Saying criminals do not follow law and have guns is invalid argument, as illegally getting a firearm is complicated and costs a lot. Criminals generally (99%) do not have guns (The 1% are the top ones, mafia-related) , so no need to worry about something like that. From the beginning, the regulations were strong. Anybody can get who wants, but strong background checks, especially mental health and trainings is required. Majority of people never see a point in getting one, as it does not serve any purpose.

Whether Americans want to admit or not, the gun violence generally is out of hand there compared to rest of the advanced. On average US has around 4 times higher gun homicide rate. If only unintentional murders were counted, still US would be the leader among advanced nations, in other words, more people get accidentally shot to death in US than total people murdered with a firearm in majority of other nations. 3.6 murders per 100k might not seem high, but in this area its 0.1-0.4 usually, so 9-36 times less, quite a significant difference.

The whole Americans and thier guns is very difficult to understand for majority of citizen in other countries. If people get guns round here, these are for sports or hunting, not self-defense. Majority of people have never even seen a gun outside TV. There is no incentive in getting one and of course, the stereotypes and jokes towards specific topics like guns, come from the differences of different nations. Just as British, Germans or Swedish joke around about US and their guns, so do many Americans joke around British not having guns...

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I found the video to be pretty dang funny.

Men, in general, are like that with most of their toys: boats, quads, power tools, guns, fishing gear, cars, stereo equipment, etc etc. Doesn't matter what country you live in.

You boys are all the same worldwide.

Bwahahahaha

... now don't be getting any bright ideas about posting a video of what we women are like when we stand around lovingly caressing our shoe collections

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

i bet i can buy a gun faster than you can

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

RamblinCheese666
reply to post by ownbestenemy

One death feels like a million deaths.
Don't forget the wars where innocent people are dying for u.s imperialist needs across the globe.

I just needed to put the spotlight on this BS.

This is the sort of deranged and emotional dribble we expect from people who have a severe case of permanent mental diarrhea.....

You know what,

if people like that are who think us Americans are sooo bad, then I dont want to be right.

Honestly, you guys can wrestle in dookie all day and finger blast donkeys all night for all I care. We dont want to be like you....EVER.

edit on 12 2 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

i live three days walk from canada in a state where it takes half an hour to buy a gun. i got my mosin nagant not for reasons of bravado nor recreation, but because i own my home and will defend it with the entirety of my body with the advantage of range. why do you stereotype all men in such ways? i have experienced the characteristics in others that you have mentioned for example my wife has been excited about her new ford suv. wants to put truck balls on to kick them she's been giggling about it for a while now. all in all not all dudes are dicks about the stuff they own. i mean my rifle is awesome but at the same time so is owning it with money i earned. it's a symbol of labor really. that and i like knowing how to shoot.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

yeah we march to the beat of our own doublebass drummers with snares toms cymbals floor toms and high hats while playing gibsons out of marshalls

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join