It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY ARE YOU AT ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well one reason I am here is there are some good threads within ATS that are informative and interesting for one… Second ATS has various forums, one of the forums known as religion, faith and theology is where I hang out. Since I am proud to be a Christian why not visit the forum. I expected to see people from different religions instead I find a forum full of atheist, haters and unbelievers.

If I do not like watching soap operas on TV why would I turn on the TV and watch them? It does not make sense does it?

But to the average unbeliever that cannot wait to post their comments of hate and disbelief in a religious forum with a “watch and wait” attitude to see who bites; remember your posts are the same as if spoken out loud and are on record both in heaven and at hell. If you want to remind me of the same I would say, to you sure but I am not being disrespectful to the creator, or the one talking blasphemous against God, you are. AND the unbeliever just CANNOT wait to tell the Christian about judging one another or to love one another! LOL

BTW - love thy neighbor is NOT the number one commandment that Jesus stated in NT. BUT this is another thread at a later date.

So I will take the Pepsi challenge against any unbeliever or God hater. ☺

As an evangelists it is not only my duty but it is for all Christians to teach, rebuke, and love our brothers and sisters in Christ……to love the sinner not the sin.

What is expected from a Christian when the sinner rejects Christ or the teachings of the bible? Once the sinner makes it clear that he/she wants nothing to do with the bible or with Jesus then we walk away and leave that person. We do NOT contact them or hang out with them or become involved with that person in anyway. Why? Simple….we are to reject sin and all those who willfully practice sinful practices. We are to separate ourselves from sinners. We are to be righteous in the eyes of our Lord.

That’s right …… be righteous!

The New Testament continues the Hebrew Bible's tradition of the ethical (1 Thessalonians 2:10) and legal (1 Corinthians 4:4) aspects of righteousness.

Jesus asserts the importance of righteousness by saying in Matthew 5:20, "For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Jesus also re-affirms the Laws of Moses by saying in Matthew 5:19, "Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

However, Paul the Apostle speaks of two ways, at least in theory, to achieve righteousness: through the Law of Moses (or Torah); and through faith in the atonement made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:3-13).

Some interpret that he repeatedly emphasizes that faith is the only effective way, an antinomistic interpretation of the relationship of Paul of Tarsus and Judaism. For example, just a few verses earlier, he says the Jews did not attain the law of righteousness because they sought it not by faith, but by works (Romans 9:30-33).

The New Testament speaks of a salvation founded on God's righteousness, as exemplified throughout the history of salvation narrated in the Old TestamentRomans 9-11 Paul writes to the Romans that righteousness comes by faith: "...a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'" (Romans 1:17) Thus making the new testament church a "Church Of Righteousness".

The apostle James speaks of the relationship between works of righteousness and faith (James 2:14-26), saying that "faith without works is dead." Righteous acts according to James include works of charity (James 2:15-16) as well as avoiding sins against the Law of Moses (James 2:11-12).

Saint Peter describes Lot as a righteous man in 2 Peter 2:7-8.

So those who follow Christ and his father are to be righteous!!! We are saints!

So to those at ATS who sneer and joke about my zealous attitude and mock me about being righteous….. well Jesus and his father told us to be righteous so take it up with them.

Is there a difference between being a sinner and practicing sin? Of course …. We are born into sin and have all sinned. So what is the difference? A true Christian who sins, not only confesses his sin to the church but to his brother and sister in Christ. They are there to support and help that Christian from repeating that sin. I wonder how many so-called Christians have stood in front of their church members and confessed their sins? ☺

We are to rebuke sin and help others in stop sinning. Those who refuse our help but continue to live in sin are not Christians.

I consider myself to be tolerant and we all have opinions however there is one fact that is not an opinion and that is there is only one true form of worship/religion.

John 14:6 - Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Any other belief is useless.

So as lies and deceit spread throughout this forum about God and his son, I will be here to rebuke you and your statements that you have made against my father.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

So as lies and deceit spread throughout this forum about God and his son, I will be here to rebuke you and your statements that you have made against my father.

Personally I don't see the point of lying about something that's not real anyway, and even in the small chance that it is real (which imo, it ain't), people interpret that "good book" of yours in so many different ways anyway, no-one will agree on anything

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am here to watch the loonies.......

Actually I am here because so many people are flag hungry that ATS has become an aggregate site for multiple sources. Almost anything that happens anywhere is posted here usually minutes after it happens. Saves me checking ten sites for breaking stories. The only page I ever look at is the "New" section.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If you are so anxious to see Christian threads on this forum, you might like to visit some of mine.
There is an on-going series on 1 Corinthians which is nearing completion, and quite a full back-catalogue.
I look forward to seeing your threads and will drop in on any that look particularly interesting.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Pork Pie is amazing.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

If I do not like watching soap operas on TV why would I turn on the TV and watch them? It does not make sense does it?

In the case of this site, yes, it does make sense. Look at the motto. A lot of people here see organized religion and the fact that people base their entire lives on faith as being ignorant.

There are a lot of posters here who are devout Christians who, at first read, you wouldn't really guess that they are. They make reasonable cases for why they practice what they do, they're articulate and intelligent in their discussions, they don't make 60% of their posts quoted bible verses and, above all else, they don't put their thread titles all in CAPS. They don't yell and they let their own personal opinions show that they haven't been brainwashed and spoon-fed information that they blindly accept.

If you want to get your points across, I suggest you try their methods.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I am attending in Jan 14 at Harvard University this exact subject matter which I will happily share once completed.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Double Post Deleted

2nd
edit on 1-12-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

My apologies if you think I am screaming..... I am not......just making a point.

I am not here to please anyone. I don't follow after men.

Charles52 does a wonderful job explaining himself as a Christian but I am not Charles52. I am Fraudfinder, searching the lies and deceit and trying to set the record straight.

As many of you are to make friends on a computer I am here to wake people up. Sometimes it requires someone to be direct and to the point without putting sugar on it.

How do I know? From the PM I get from people asking for help.

So I must be doing something right.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Mamatus
I am here to watch the loonies.......

Actually I am here because so many people are flag hungry that ATS has become an aggregate site for multiple sources. Almost anything that happens anywhere is posted here usually minutes after it happens. Saves me checking ten sites for breaking stories. The only page I ever look at is the "New" section.

So true. I have often said the exact same thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I just thought it was a bacon appreciation site

You mean there's more to it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"So as lies and deceit spread throughout this forum about God and his son, I will be here to rebuke you and your statements that you have made against my father."

So he is only your father? You can't claim the source as your own!
so i hope you just mistyped that piece.

Back on topic... you belief a book that is almost identical to the koran that has been written before your time with pieces of truth and a whole big piece of doodoo that has probably been written by the ancestors of the same freaks that are ruining this planet. I think you have a big ego by thinking that your "holy" book is the only truth when it's based on keeping people in bliss and ignorance

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I'm on ATS for many reasons!

It's a bit like going to a virtual U.S bar that is also very cosmopolitan and has many other people from around the world in the crowd. That's a novelty for someone like me stuck out in the Styx in a very rural and quiet place in the U.K.

It is like a never ending fax machine of human experience (good, bad, and ugly, too).

ATS has got its foreign correspondents from all over the world sharing stuff they discover and that concerns them. It is very diverse in its topics, too and a crazy person like me is tolerated here where as normally I'm left in the corner at parties being avoided.

I believe in The Hebrew Lord and His Prince, but I come here for everything else, too. I like reading things by people who might not believe in our spiritual focus just as much. If we are to believe the Messiah then we're ALL brothers and sisters.

ATS rocks! I can't think of any other site that has kept me coming back for over two years now.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Annunak1
"So as lies and deceit spread throughout this forum about God and his son, I will be here to rebuke you and your statements that you have made against my father."

Back on topic... you belief a book that is almost identical to the koran that has been written before your time with pieces of truth and a whole big piece of doodoo that has probably been written by the ancestors of the same freaks that are ruining this planet. I think you have a big ego by thinking that your "holy" book is the only truth when it's based on keeping people in bliss and ignorance

OUR FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN................

Do you know this prayer?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Revolution9

I'm on ATS for many reasons!

It's a bit like going to a virtual U.S bar that is also very cosmopolitan and has many other people from around the world in the crowd. That's a novelty for someone like me stuck out in the Styx in a very rural and quiet place in the U.K.

It is like a never ending fax machine of human experience (good, bad, and ugly, too).

ATS has got its foreign correspondents from all over the world sharing stuff they discover and that concerns them. It is very diverse in its topics, too and a crazy person like me is tolerated here where as normally I'm left in the corner at parties being avoided.

I believe in The Hebrew Lord and His Prince, but I come here for everything else, too. I like reading things by people who might not believe in our spiritual focus just as much. If we are to believe the Messiah then we're ALL brothers and sisters.

ATS rocks! I can't think of any other site that has kept me coming back for over two years now.

I agree with you and God bless you but if someone called your father a murderer or a liar what would you do? Agree with them? I think not. To downplay it? I hope not. To ignore it? I hope not.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Annunak1

Hello

Have you read the Koran? I have and it is a book full of hate and lies.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Fraudfinder
I agree with you and God bless you but if someone called your father a murderer or a liar what would you do? Agree with them? I think not. To downplay it? I hope not. To ignore it? I hope not.

MY father was a Navy man/cop. One of the most honest people I've ever known. I'd definitely back him up.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

You DO know that Christ is a prophet in Islam, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

intrepid

Fraudfinder

Greetings,

Yes I do and that is a lie.

Jesus is not a prophet but the son of God. BIG difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Fraudfinder

intrepid

Fraudfinder

Greetings,

Yes I do and that is a lie.

Jesus is not a prophet but the son of God. BIG difference between the two.

Why? Because you say so?

Isa Ibn Maryam ( Arabic: عيسى, translit.: ʿĪsā ), known as Jesus in the New Testament, is considered to be a Messenger of God and al-Masih (the Messiah) in Islam[1][2]:30 who was sent to guide the Children of Israel (banī isrā'īl) with a new scripture, al-Injīl (the Gospel).[3] The belief that Jesus is a prophet is required in Islam, as it is for all prophets named in the Qur’an.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join